Are you willing to pursue your dreams of becoming a successful investment banker but stuck on choosing the right course? Do not be worried because through this article you might be able to do so. Investment banking is one of the most popular career choices in the 21st century and going down this career path will bring you an abundance of opportunities to grow. On the other hand, investment banking courses are equipped to provide the necessary practical experiences. In this article, we will review the IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course.
Let Us First Understand What is Investment Banking
To understand the term Investment Banking, let us first think about what will happen to a large number of financial transactions if nobody is prepared to handle these professionally. With Investment banking large companies can manage their finances safely and perform important financial transactions that keep the economy running.
Aside from handling finances, investment banking deals with a series of other activities like Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) – which deals with the ownership of large organisations and companies and can allow such huge companies to further expand or downsize. Investment banking also provides Underwriting services where they guarantee payment of funds in cases of financial loss. Examples of such situations are Insurance policies or issues of security. All these are possible because of the effective administering of finances done by investment banks.
Why is Investment Banking the Most Preferred Career Option?
This career path has a very promising future in terms of growth and skills gained. Investment banking in today’s society is a highly lucrative career option not just in India but in other parts of the world as well. It is one of those careers where with an investment banking internship, you can earn a good sum of money. If you’re still wondering why you should go down this career path, here are a few reasons why investment banking is the best.
Developing Transferable Skills– You are likely to develop some essential skills like analysis, research, problem-solving, and communication skills that apply to multiple job spheres. These skills are flexible and can be mastered through an investment banking internship. You gain a competitive upper hand in several businesses with your skills alone.
Networking Opportunities – In any career networking is an important life hack that can lead to success. For an investment banker, building a steady professional network is as important as performing their day-to-day tasks. When you are starting in this field, learning from your superiors is a great way to improve your professionalism. Having great connections whether it is your colleague or someone in a similar business is a stepping stone for gaining more experience.
Higher Earning Potential– The field of banking and finance similar to science, gives rise to a lucrative career path in the future. You have to build your communication skills beforehand and be enthusiastic about meeting new people. Thus, if you are dreaming of going for a career that can get you soaring profits while staying updated with the dynamic industry trends, investment banking is the right career for you.
Endless Growth and Development – Working in the investment banking sector can be tiresome at times and you might find yourself doing overtime. However let it be stated that nothing comes easily without hard work and an investment banker enduring over 80 hours of work per week, gets better after a promotion. One should be optimistic and be prepared to face challenges head-on. Accepting new roles and responsibilities can help you enhance your abilities and problem-solving skills to a great extent. A proper investment banking internship is sure to present you with endless opportunities for growth and development.
Time Management Skill– This is considered to be a vital skill in anybody who is inclined to get a job. Effective time management can help you prioritize important tasks and reduce workload by sorting out the ones that need immediate attention. Investment bankers must know that every hour counts and having time management skills can just be a blessing. Other ways of utilizing this skill are through planning of work schedule and setting goals beforehand. It makes you focus on progressing faster and be more efficient.
- IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course Review
- Investment Banking Courses in Malaysia
- Investment Banking Courses in the UK
- Investment Banking Courses in Canada
- Investment Banking Courses in the USA
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking course – Overview
IIM SKILLS – Introduction
Established in 2015, IIM Skills has been providing high-quality education in various subject areas, including Investment Banking Course, Digital Marketing and Financial Modeling. The idea behind this Ed-tech institution originated after the foundation of a successful blog post and their first service started with the Content Writing Course.
The institution takes great pride in its mission to provide world-class knowledge to all its students from around the globe, at affordable prices. Currently, there are more than 10 courses on various subjects that are taught. They also have a faculty of highly trained professionals.
Till date, the Ed-tech institution has been catering its online courses to thousands of learners. Their overall training and live sessions have crossed the 95,000 mark and their network has expanded to over 35 countries across Asia, including Singapore and Dubai.
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Data Analytics Course
Link to website: iimskills.com
The Wall Street School – Introduction
The Wall Street School known as TWSS in short is well respected and recognized for its financial and investment-related courses. It originated in 2009 with the collaboration of two highly qualified Chartered Accountants, to provide learners with scope for practical training.
Throughout the years the institution has worked its way into forging networks and rendering its services to students around the world who are interested in courses in finance and accounting domain. Several leading colleges like IIT, FMS, CFA and CEOs of established companies are known for undertaking various programs from The Wall Street School.
Aside from its great reputation among other institutions, it also has a strong and distinguished alumni network consisting of top-ranking CA, CFA, MBA or Engineers. Many students have benefitted from their courses and observed growth in their careers from junior levels to senior levels. Their excellent faculty has similarly worked tirelessly for the benefit of their students.
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course – Course Details
- Course name: Certified Investment Banking Course
- Provides 50+ hours of live training sessions with a hands-on experience.
- Special attention is given to every student for the best experience of the course.
- Doubt clearing sessions of over 20+ hours.
- Partnerships with big firms like JP Morgan, TCS and Goldman Sachs.
- Students can gain experience in an investment banking internship.
The Wall Street School
- The industry experience of the faculty is over 10 years.
- The course has a strong and dedicated technical foundation.
- Comprehensive teaching and learning of over 180 hours.
- Material is kept updated to the latest piece of knowledge.
- Simulated case studies are included along with learning through experiments.
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course – Features
Below is a detailed list of some course features from both the institutions:
Students are offered live interactive training sessions and a master certificate recognized by the Government of India, after the completion of the course. For any queries or doubts, the students can contact the faculty and the faculty remains available for support 24*7. Doubt-clearing sessions are taken very seriously and the institution’s dedicated teachers make sure no questions remain unanswered. Students can make a one-time purchase of the course and it remains accessible for a lifetime in the LMS, along with all study materials and resources. Students can willingly participate in projects that boost their academic experience. Support for Resume and Interview preparation is also provided.
The Wall Street School
The education firm provides students with practical training like investment banking internships to make them job-ready. The instructors have worked with various major investment banks and they lead the training sessions themselves. The materials and study resources are made up-to-date and realistic case studies and discussions are presented to students. Mostly their batches are available in two forms – weekend modes and full time. The institution has a unique system of transparent placements and students are granted the contact details of past alumni.
- IIM SKILLS Content Writing Master Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs AnalytixLabs Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Jigsaw Academy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs IIM Kozhikode Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs SkillShare Data Analytics Course- A Full Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. KPMG Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Dataquest Data Analytics Course
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course – Eligibility
The Ed-tech company offers its courses to a wide category of individuals irrespective of their age and profession. The criteria for eligibility in the investment banking course predisposes fresh graduates, freshers in the investment banking industry as well as people in higher positions, who are seeking to enhance their skills and abilities.
The Wall Street School –
The Investment banking course at TWSS caters to a wide range of students. Some of them are CA students who are interested in the field of finance and want to make a career out of it, or CA students who are interested in learning the core portions of the course instead of taxation and auditing. It can be beneficial for MBA finance students working in various sectors like insurance banks, CASA products or mutual funds. Furthermore, undergraduates and engineers are potential candidates for this course, if they are willing to make a career in the field of finance. Generally, anyone who is career-minded and wants to prosper in Investment Banking, Equity Research, or Corporate Finance can fill out the enrollment form. The institution creates an opportunity for women to restart their careers through participation in this course or investment banking internship if they previously had to take a break because of personal circumstances.
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course – Fees & Duration
The total fee for the Certified Investment Banking Course at IIM Skills is 39,900 INR with 18% GST, for 3 months.
The fee for the investment banking course at The Wall Street School is 23,500 INR + additional GST. Over 60 hours of videos and assessments are accessible to the student for 6 months.
- IIM Skills vs Praxis Business School Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills vs Coursera Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Udemy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. UpGrad Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Digital Marketing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Henry Harvin Content Writing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course Review
- Investment Banking Business Models
IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course – Course Curriculum
Now that we have learnt about the other details, here is a refined list of curricula to help you choose the best course:
- The basics of MS PowerPoint, Introduction and the important keyboard shortcuts.
- You get to learn the techniques of creating, designing and managing slides.
- You are taught more important presentation features like adding animations and transitions.
- Things like learning to use various themes for format are taught, along with the proper application of colour schemes.
- Other important things like adding pictures, inserting links, and creating and editing slides are taught.
- Understanding different shapes, illustrations and other features.
- You are also taught about advanced tools like line graphs, bar graphs, scatter diagrams, histograms and so on.
- Learning about the basics of MS Excel and getting started.
- Understanding important keyword shortcuts in the Excel document.
- Familiarize yourself with features like offset, index, copy-paste, combinations and more.
- You are made to understand some important formatting guidelines.
- Understanding font and number formatting, as well as concepts of rows, columns and cells which are unique to Excel.
- Learning how to present numeric data with the help of charts, pivot tables and slicers.
- You learn about using Excel formulas and tools to validate information and sort it.
- Excel can also be used to create several charts and graphs like bar graphs, line graphs, waterfall graphs, histograms and pie charts.
- You learn about dynamic dashboards, and sparklines and get an introduction to Macros.
- Excel allows you to use data tables for sensitivity analysis, goal searching and scenario management.
- Get to learn about functions for PV, FV, RATE, PMT and NPER.
- Learning about the basics of the financial system and market regulation of participants.
- There are different types of financial markets that you can know about.
- Different characteristics of exchange-traded securities are made clear.
- Learning about preference shares and equity, alongside concepts such as yield, bond price and interest.
- Understanding the meaning of selling short and gaining insight on long and short positions.
- Derivatives are taught through a small presentation along with ways for trading long and short.
- Different terms like futures, forwards and options are clarified.
- Getting an introduction to concepts like hedging and speculating.
- An overview of swap concepts, credit default swaps and types is given.
- Understanding putting options and different calls.
- You learn of various categories of price structures, payoffs and more.
- You are given an introduction to investment banking and investment bankers, along with functions and types.
- Comparisons between investment banks, merchant banks and commercial banks are discussed.
- Understanding the meaning of the buy and sell side in a business and some essential concepts related to investment banks and venture capital.
- Concepts of terms like capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs and joint ventures are made clear.
- You are taught about the types of mergers – vertical and horizontal.
- Other points like types and stages of investment (right issues, private placement, initial public offering and seed rounds) are covered.
- Knowledge of corporate turnaround and restructuring is also included.
- You are made clear about the concepts of buyers and investors.
- Learning things like non-disclosure contracts and teasers.
- Most investment banking courses require you to internalize financial models and memorandum of confidential information.
- Technical knowledge of financial model construction is provided.
- You can get to work on developing scenarios such as choice and index.
- Get project experience and learn ways of predicting the IS, BS and CFS financial statements.
- You also get to create schedules of fixed assets, working capital debt and more, aside from other things.
- Participate in an investment banking internship and learn to build in-depth revenues and cost drivers.
- You are always made to stay updated on the best practices for financial modelling and error-tracing methods.
- With this, you can form a judgment between the terms FCFF and FCFE and work on its calculations.
- Form an understanding of difficult cost computation, CAPM and multi-factor models.
- You can learn about various methods for including risk concepts in valuation computations.
- Gain an understanding of beta determination, and leveraged and unleveraged concepts of beta.
- There are various ways to measure terminal value and you can learn about it.
- Aside from that you can understand models like Gordon’s growth model, the H model and the perpetual growth model.
- IIM SKILLS vs Goa Institute of Management Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills GST Course Review- A Deep-seated View
- IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Imarticus Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. IIT Madras Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. SRM University Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Ivy Professional School Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Digital Vidya Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills SEO Course Review: A Detailed Analysis
The Wall Street School
This module is designed to make the learners proficient in MS Excel and develop plenty of skills that can be put to good use. It can help you efficiently build business models and some of its important features are-
- Practising the Excel shortcut keys, learning about cells, rows and columns as well as knowing how to sort data.
- Understanding concepts like Pivot tables, usage of IF functions, Cell referencing, and SumProduct functions.
- Performing calculations with Sum if and Count if.
This module ventures into the advanced features of Excel and PowerPoint. Some of the areas it focuses on are as follows-
- You can learn to use combinations like Vlook and Match or Index and Match, and learn about Offset functions, sensitivity analysis and its various ways.
- Data in Excel can be summarized from different sheets and collated into one single sheet. It is used for statistical analysis like regression, correlation and variation.
- With PowerPoint, you can learn to create charts, insert pictures and link objects. Also, Name Manager is used to make the charts dynamic.
Before an investment banking internship, you need to know about Income, expenses and cash flow so that you can have an idea to master this field. This module teaches the basic concepts of finance.
Here you can understand business modelling through the following-
- Benefits of using NPV and IRR.
- Building dynamic business models from the beginning.
- Calculating cash flows to the firm and cash flows to equity.
Some other skills required for an investment banking internship are covered in this module.
- Learning steps to construct a trade analysis.
- Understanding the impact of convertible securities.
- Treatment of leases and possible reasons for companies in the same sector to trade at different multiples.
With this module, you can understand precedent transaction analysis, calculate transaction multiples and how these multiples vary from each other.
- You can learn to construct meaningful transactions.
- Understand the appropriate uses of valuation situation transaction comp.
Under it, you are taught about Discounted Cash flow and the techniques of denoting value to assets based on its fundamentals.
- Learning the projection of detailed cash flows in a company.
- Internalizing risk factors and calculating WACC if required.
- Knowing of probable inconsistencies during assumptions.
In the Merger model, we intend to bring out the impact of transactions on future income. You get to integrate the mergers and acquisitions model, learn everything about its processes, and hone your skills in refining adjustments of existing debt in a company.
In this module, for leveraged buyouts, you’ll learn about the LBO model, transaction assumptions, debt assumptions, balance sheet, CFS, Income statements and more.
In the last module, you are prepared for mock interviews and resume edits which are essential before you apply for an investment banking internship. Candidates are provided with exposure to face-to-face interviews like in real life.
- IIM SKILLS vs. Simplilearn Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Learnbay Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Edvancer Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs TCS iON Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills Technical Writing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs NPTEL Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. IIM Calcutta Data Analytics Course Review
Q) What is the salary of an investment banking internship?
Since this is a high-end career, as an intern you can earn around 2 Lakh INR for an investment banking internship. Moreover, promotions in this job can earn you even greater profits.
Q) What do you need to apply for an investment banking internship?
Unlike other courses, you don’t need any prior professional background to apply for an investment banking internship. But it is preferred for you to have at least a BA degree in either economics, finance, accounting or business. This can enable your chances to get a deeper understanding of the field.
Q) Is Investment banking a good career?
Yes, investment banking is a lucrative career path for both beginners and professionals. Investment bankers can earn high incomes, develop skills beneficial to all types of businesses and also create long-lasting, one-of-a-kind connections throughout their working lives.
Table of Contents