When you are pursuing the investment banking career path, you are presented with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills. Moreover, it is a profitable career in the long run and lets you build a standard connection of networks in the industry. Investment banking courses are a popular choice for many individuals like you, who are pursuing the finance industry. Several reputed institutions offer courses along with investment banking certification, and it can get tedious to choose the right one. Thus, in this article, we’ll bring you a detailed review of the IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course.
What Do We Mean by Investment Banking?
To explain how Investment banking works, we should understand how a regular bank works and what is different about Investment banks. Unlike other banks, Investment banks provide brokerage services to aid clients in trading with others, provide research for investors to choose securities and participate in stock markets to connect buyers and sellers.
Investment banks play a significant role in managing people’s finances and offering financial advice to individuals and institutions. Many large businesses get help with complicated financial transactions by involving investment banks. Thus, investment banks provide a solid link between a company and its investors.
Professional online courses on investment banking have been a popular choice among students and professionals, who are looking to gain new experience and knowledge. You should always choose the courses with recognized investment banking certification.
We also recommend you read, IIM SKILLS vs The Wall Street Investment Banking Course
Why Are Online Courses Popular?
Online courses have been on the rise for a long time and it’s for a good number of reasons. Online Investment banking certification courses are a popular option among students.
Online courses are flexible and have no issues with distance and time zones. It allows students to learn at their own pace and the time that is the most convenient for them. Thus, online courses are very effective for helping professionals and students learn while they are preoccupied with other things.
Courses sold online are relatively cheaper than regular courses. This is due to their shorter schedule, session recordings and shorter but to-the-point duration of classes. Students can save a lot of money while getting the accurate knowledge they require on the subject.
Students are offered courses that they want to learn, even if they are available at universities away from their region. In recent years, there has been a rise in online-based institutions and the student population has greatly benefitted from it.
Learners can get a chance to learn from industry experts and directly communicate with them. They are presented with the latest tools and examples from real-world case studies.
- IIM SKILLS vs Grant Thornton Investment Banking Course Review
- Investment Banking Institutes
- Investment Banking Courses In India
- Investment Banking Courses Online In India
- Investment Banking Training Program
- Investment Banking Courses in Malaysia
- Investment Banking Courses in the UK
- Investment Banking Courses in Canada
- Investment Banking Courses in the USA
Now that we’re on this topic, let us make a comparative analysis of the IIM Skills vs Data Trained Investment Banking course.
IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Review
1. IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course- About the Institute
The Ed-tech company which has been functioning since 2015, has served its students with low-cost online courses on various subjects. The company was started by Mr Vaibhav Kakkar with the Content Writing Master Course, before growing into what it is today.
The courses are designed after intensive research of the industry trends, and the faculty is well-trained and experienced with the latest tools. As a student, you’ll find yourself a variety of courses to choose from, each equipped with interactive classes, doubt-clearing sessions and live sessions. Master certifications are provided after completion of the course.
You Must Check this, IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course Review
The institution was established in 2012, aiming to make professional education accessible to everyone and lessen the curve. They believe in imparting quality education in emerging technologies like Data Science, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and many more.
The faculty consists of over 500 professionals who work on framing the curriculum. The curriculum in question is prepared in a way to makes learners job-ready. The Ed-tech company is also partnered with leading corporations and has been helping their students get placed in ideal jobs.
Moreover, they believe in the principles of learning from experienced individuals, flexibility in learning and a coherent education.
2. IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Course Overview
Both Ed-tech companies provide intensive curricula to their learners for Investment banking courses. Given below are the details:
- The course is called the Certified Investment Banking Course
- The course includes more than 50 hours of intensive training for all students.
- The faculty in charge of the course is highly trained and dedicated.
- Every student is given priority and their questions are given importance. More than 20 hours of question and answer sessions are held for everyone.
- The company’s hiring partners include big firms like Goldman Sachs, TCS, Accenture and JP Morgan.
- Assistance is given to students who want to experience investment banking through internships.
- The course is called Postgraduate Program in Investment Banking and Financial Modeling.
- The course provides a well-recognized investment banking certification and guarantees placement.
- The Ed-tech company strives to make you ready for your future career.
- The batches are divided and separate weekend classes are provided for working individuals.
- The students are guided through the curriculum by experts in the domain.
- Career assistance is also given to students.
- Case studies are practical and guide students through the experience of working in a real job.
- The company’s hiring partners include Axis Bank, ICICI, HDFC Bank, Infosys, TCS, Cognier and more.
- Investment Banking Business Models
- IIM Skills vs Praxis Business School Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills vs Coursera Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Udemy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. UpGrad Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Digital Marketing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Henry Harvin Content Writing Course Review
3. IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Course Features
- The company offers online courses and access to all its resources and study materials are available at all times.
- Flexibility in the schedule allows you to work in your free time and the interactive courses allow you to immerse yourself in it.
- Both Weekend and Weekday batches are scheduled to fit everyone’s agenda.
- The curriculum is prepared to be updated with the latest happenings in the industry and every material is available through LMS.
- After completion of the course, an investment banking certification is presented to those who score 50% on the exams.
- Students are offered internship opportunities to help them gain experience and make them more hardworking.
- Students with no experience or a maximum of 3 years of experience can join the course.
- Live online training is provided as well as classroom teaching.
- The company has partnerships with more than 950 organizations for the benefit of their students.
- The overall learning material covers over 200 hours of reading.
- Students will gain skill enhancement with the learning procedures and the faculty uses practice tests to measure each student’s progress.
- The company has taught more than 2200 learners worldwide through its various branches.
- The company has dedicated student support, where program managers are available on call and chat.
- Along with the study materials and more than 48 live sessions, there are 10 case studies and projects for students to work on.
4. IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Eligibility
The eligibility criteria here consist of students from generally any background, but a student with a bachelor’s degree in BBA, commerce or any finance field is preferred. The student must have prior knowledge or at least basic research done on statistics and finance. The said student must be motivated and ready to face the challenges they might be put through. Other than that, any student with an interest in the investment banking domain can join the course.
The institution prefers graduates who are either experienced or inexperienced in the investment banking domain. However, it is preferred that students with a background in commerce fields, Economics, Finance and related fields apply for the course.
5 IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Fees and Duration
The total fee for the investment banking certification course here is 39,900 INR with an additional 18% GST. The fee is determined including the certification and exam charges. The overall duration of the course is three months, consisting of weekday/weekend batches.
The institution charges a fee of 90,000 INR for its Postgraduate Investment Banking and Financial Modelling course, with an extra 18% GST. In case of placement success for a student, the fee charged will be 50,000 INR. The full duration of the course is six months, including program orientation and regular classes.
6. IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course – Detailed Curriculum
MS PowerPoint –
Focuses on the concepts, keyboard shortcuts and the ways to create designs for creative presentations and managing slides. Alongside these basic formatting and application of animations or transitions are given instructions.
MS Excel –
Features like Offset and Index, formatting of numbers and fonts are covered. For beginners, concepts of rows, columns and cells are cleared. You’ll also learn to use several graphs or charts like Bar graphs, Waterfall graphs, Pie graphs and Histograms.
Financial System and Market –
The investment banking certification course includes the characteristics, types of financial systems and other things like bond price, interest, and yield, along with a solid understanding of long/short positions. The students will get a better understanding of exchange-traded securities.
The Derivative market –
In this, the students learn forwards, futures, options, hedging and speculating. They are taught about categories of payoffs and price structures, delving more into the Derivative market.
Investment Banking Techniques –
Like other investment banking certification courses, you’ll learn the types of investment banks, understand comparisons between investment banks, merchant banks and commercial banks, and learn more about Mergers and Acquisitions.
Different marketing collaterals –
A clear idea of Investors or Buyers and Non-disclosure contracts is formed in the minds of learners.
The Technical Side of Financial Modeling –
Understanding the financial model construction is important, while, working on the development of scenarios can be necessary. For the full potential of an investment banking certification course, It is important to know schedule creation for fixed or working capital debt and build in-depth revenues with cost drivers for all businesses.
The Business Valuation –
Lastly, the course brings to its students cost computations, while making them familiar with terms like CAPEX variation and NOPAT. On the other hand, business valuation in Mergers and acquisitions aids in assigning a dollar value to businesses. Covering these topics in detail can, therefore, make your investment banking certification worthwhile.
Must Not Miss These,
- IIM SKILLS vs. Simplilearn Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Learnbay Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Edvancer Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs TCS iON Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills Technical Writing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs NPTEL Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. IIM Calcutta Data Analytics Course Review
There are a total of thirteen modules in this curriculum.
Module 1: Basics of Finance
The basic idea of corporate finance is required for the student, to understand the concepts and related terms of financial modelling and valuation. So, with this investment banking certification, you could grasp the concepts and boost your understanding of finance. The topics covered include the meaning of finance, three decisions that are important in Financial Management, the objectives of Financial Management and the Time value of money.
Module 2: An Introduction to Financial Statements
The financial modelling is based on a total of three financial statements, balance sheet, cash flow and income statement. You will be introduced to these statements alongside Ratio Analysis, which is one of the most used techniques to measure the financial health of a company. Learning about Ratio Analysis can help you analyze the financial health of any organisation. You can look forward to topics like Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Interlinkages between the three financial statements and Cash Flow Statements. Explanations of important terms like Depreciation, Amortization etc, are given. An introduction to the Annual Report, the types of Revenues and Expenses, and Ratio Analysis of Financial Statements are important for an investment banking certification.
Module 3: Basics of Economics
For a student with an economics background, this might be familiar. Otherwise, for non-economics background students, knowledge of Micro and Macro is essential in the world of finance. With that in mind, the module solely focuses on these two aspects. Under Macroeconomics – you understand the concept of Gross Domestic Product, learn about Inflation, and gain an understanding of policies like Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy. You also learn the importance of banking and Cash Reserve Ratio along with Statutory Liquidity Ratio. Under Microeconomics – You’re taught about the concept of utility, production function in the Short Run and Long Run, and the Theory of Supply and Demand. Other than that, the types of Market Structure, Economy, Company Framework and Industry are covered.
Module 4: Introduction to Investment Banking
In this module, Investment Banking is covered in detail. Your understanding of the concept is formed, while you learn to recognize the critical role of investment banks in the capital formation process. A comparison of traditional banking and investment banking is made to clear doubts and observe the types of investment banks while analysing their operations. The students are assisted in the process of discovering the production of cash through banking operations.
Also a Must Check,
- IIM SKILLS vs Goa Institute of Management Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills GST Course Review- A Deep-seated View
- IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Imarticus Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. IIT Madras Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. SRM University Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Ivy Professional School Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Digital Vidya Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills SEO Course Review: A Detailed Analysis
Module 5: Financial Modelling and Valuation Introduction
The learner will be able to understand the background of valuation and get a taste of Financial Modelling and valuation. This module is sure to help you immerse yourself in the other parts that follow it. The required topics covered to understand this are the basics, the philosophical basis of Valuation, addressing the potential biases in Valuation, sources of Uncertainty and Complexity, as well as, potential approaches to Valuation like Relative valuation and Discounted cash flow.
Module 6: Basic to Advanced Excel
Excel is frequently used in this domain for performing essential skill-based tasks. Financial Modelling can be performed in MS Excel, and it helps increase the accuracy, speed and overall presentability. Similar to other investment banking certification courses it focuses on the explanations and workings of such basic tools found in MS Excel. Short keys, Cell freeze, Row freeze and Column freeze are some tools. You’ll be able to learn conditional formatting, simple Excel formulas like SumIf and CountIf, H lookup/V lookup, CAGR Calculation and Transpose Function. On the other hand, you will know more about Pivot Tables, SumProduct Functions, Sensitivity Analysis, Scenario Analysis and Goal seeking.
Module 7: Microsoft PowerPoint
With this, you can learn to create slides and apply various themes and colour schemes. You’ll be able to master formatting colours, text, and bullets and insert or edit pictures to create maximum-impact slides. Further, you’ll be learning to include transition and animation effects, while, knowing how to manage and organize the slides using PowerPoint’s View options.
Module 8: Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
It is a sophisticated method of valuation and learners can learn more about it by exposing themselves to data from a real company. Other than introductions, you’ll learn about the components, estimate cash flows, value firm with DCF, forecast cash flows, Unlevering Beta and Firm valuation. Students are given the chance to work on a case study using Discounted cash flow to understand and valuation of Maruti Suzuki Ltd.
Module 9: Cost of Capital
It is impossible to use DCF for valuation without calculating the Cost of Capital. You’ll be taught about the practicality of calculating the cost of various components of capital like debt and equity. Topics include an introduction, defining cost of capital, the opportunity cost of capital, mode of financing and sources of funds. Similarly, you can learn about the Cost of Debt, Tax Advantage, Cost of debt and Synthetic Credit score. Cost of Equity and Weighted Average Cost of Capital are also taught.
Module 10: Relative Valuation
This module takes into account how the market values similar companies. This is because the technique is market-oriented and used in Equity Research and Valuation. Students are introduced to the concepts and taught steps in the comparable analysis, Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and EBITDA. Other terms like Gross Profit Margin, Growth Metric, Credit Profile, and Precedent Transaction analysis help students get through the complexities of Relative Valuation. To familiarize students with the workings of the terms in real-world situations, a case study on the Relative Valuation of Tata Motors Ltd is included.
Module 11: Start-up Valuation
Nowadays, startups are more common among ambitious youth, thus, we cannot jump into using valuation techniques like DCF or Relative value to calculate the value of startups. This module is designed to teach you about the financial modelling of a startup and ways to calculate its value. To start, you are presented with Convertible debt for startups, Equity series rounds and Pre/Post Money valuations. Later on, you’ll be introduced to the Future Dilution, the Option Pool, the Preferred Stock and Liquidation Preference. A case study on the Valuation of Uber is performed for better insight.
Module 12: Mergers and Acquisitions along with LBO
Mergers and Acquisitions enable firms to join hands or take over their competitors. LBO is another technique for a company to be taken over, as it has been used by firms in the past or helped investors gain some money by chance, as a result. Both LBO and financial modelling will be dealt with here, as it increases the value of your investment banking certification.
You will be briefed on the introduction and taught about purchase price and stock payment. In terms of M&A valuation, the pro-form balance sheet and valuation of targets with multiples are important. The LBO valuation and modeling include case studies like the Merger Modelling of Vodafone and Idea Cellular Ltd and the Leveraged Buyout (LBO) of Hilton Hotels.
Module 13: Financial Management of Start-Ups
In this module, you’ll be taught about Cash Flow Management, Raising Capital, Debt Financing, Equity Financing and the COGS Model. Other than that, the sale and revenue model, cost of sales and marketing model, cost of development of product and making profits, along with the Advertising model are covered.
Highly Recommend These Reads,
- IIM SKILLS Content Writing Master Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs AnalytixLabs Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Jigsaw Academy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs IIM Kozhikode Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs SkillShare Data Analytics Course- A Full Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. KPMG Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Dataquest Data Analytics Course
Q) Can investment bankers work from home?
Work-from-home job types have become relatively popular in recent years and many organizations provide such opportunities. The investment banking domain is no stranger to work-from-home jobs. Individuals can apply for it, as well as, hybrid mode. However, one must keep that investment bankers need to work a maximum of 100 hours a week, making work-life balance hard to maintain.
Q) Which Investment Bank is the best in India?
An investment banking certification from a well-recognized institution can help you get placed in big banks like SBI Capital Markets, Central Bank of India, Axis Bank etc.
Q) Can Investment Bankers be rich?
Yes, Investment bankers can make at least six lakh per year at lower levels and their salary increases with skill and expertise. Thus, in the long run, investment banking proves to be a high-paying career path.
Hope our blog on, the IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Investment Banking Course gave you a complete overview of the course details by both institutes. We hope the information was apt and will guide you to choose the institute that is most suitable as per your requirements. We highly recommend IIM SKILLS as the best learning platform for your career goals in the investment banking sector. Also, they have the most efficient and trained mentors who are domain experts.
All the best!
Table of Contents