To establish and develop one’s business, the city of dreams – “Mumbai” is the ultimate destination for millions and an abode to a multitude of small and large businesses. And accounting is the backbone of every individual business. With the racing advent of digitalization, accounting software has become an essential requirement, and keeping a systematic record of all the transactions of the company where you are employed is mandatory. To Fulfil this increasing demand for candidates with a tally skill in every business enterprise, institutes offering Tally Courses in Mumbai are flourishing at rocket speed.
Tally courses can assist you to scale your career in accounting at an outstanding pace in a professional manner and help you to master this brilliant software for complete Business management. Also, companies in India are seeking competent accountants with Tally skills. In this article, we will give you in-depth detail about Tally and various institutes offering Tally Courses in Mumbai.
Table of Content
- What Is Tally
- Why opt For a Tally Course
- Highlights Of the Tally Course
- Tally Software
- Versions Of Tally Software
- Advantages Of Tally Software
- Tally Course
- Core Features
- Course Syllabus
- Course Modules
- Types Of Tally Courses
- Tally Certificate course vs Tally Diploma Course
- Difference between Tally and SAP FICO
- List of Institutes offering Tally Courses
- Eligibility, Fees, And Duration
- Tally Course Eligibility
- Fees And Durations
- Career Prospects
- Jobs After Tally
- Top Recruiters
What is Tally
The dictionary meaning of the word “tally” means current score or total amount. Tally means Transactions Allowed in Linear Line Yards. It is a technologically advanced yet lucid & user- friendly accounting software designed and developed by Tally Solutions Private Limited, a Bangalore-based IT company wherein all the banking, auditing, sales, Taxation, Banking, and accounting works are done with the help of computer software.
It is the latest digital version of previous manual record-keeping methods. In short, Tally is a complete business and management solution and GST software used by millions of small and medium enterprises in order to get a completely transparent financial accounting of every single business.
Why Opt for Tally Courses in Mumbai?
- Being a metro city, the candidate will have a spectrum of outstanding institutes to choose from for professional and certified Tally Courses in Mumbai.
- Tally has a blooming market both domestically and internationally. Students may work as freelancers helping companies with their accounting requirements.
- The candidate will learn every feature of the software in detail.
- Candidates will swiftly adapt to the Tally software through practical examples that these courses cover in their syllabus.
- A Tally course provides expertise to students in operating the Tally software efficiently allowing them to progress in their careers much better than others.
- Candidates opting for the Tally course have a passport to unlimited career opportunities.
- Certificates are given on completion of the Tally courses.
- Soft skills like preparing candidates for interviews, resume writing, and communication skills are also taught along with the course.
- Placement assistance is provided at the end of a Tally course.
Highlights of a Tally Course
|Course Level||Certificate and/or diploma|
|Duration||Diploma: 1-2 years. Certification: 2-4 months.|
|Eligibility||10+2 equivalent with commerce stream securing a minimum of 50%|
|Course Type||Offline and Online Courses|
|Job opportunities||Accounting Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Accounts supervisor, Tally operator, Sales Analyst, Tally account executive, service coordinator with tally, financial tally analyst, Bookkeeper, Tax accountant, Investment banker, Accounts officer, etc.|
|Course Fees||3000 INR to 10,000 INR (Rough Estimation; may vary according to different colleges and institutes)|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Different companies (Private + Government) from different sectors such as public accounting firms, Banks, Foreign trade, Budget planning, etc.|
|Employment Areas||Banking, MNCs, Corporates, etc.|
|Average Salary||5,00,000 INR to 10,00,000 INR Yearly|
Latest Versions of Tally Software
There are three main versions of Tally software aimed to serve a specific purpose. The 3 main versions are as follows.
Tally prime is the most modern, elaborate, and recently developed version of the tally. Since its chief purpose is recording business transactions, it is useful for almost all large and small businesses; but due to its simpler process, it is mostly used by small businesses. The two main versions of it, namely silver and gold are designed for a single user and multiple users respectively.
Tally Prime Server
The unique feature of this version is a Client-Server Architecture which is mainly used by large and medium-sized businesses. Due to this unique feature of monitoring capabilities, the companies get the extra advantage of having administrative control. Though it’s a bit expensive, it definitely serves an important and specific purpose.
It is used for retail purposes and is up to the mark to meet the unique challenges of every retail business. Shopper 9 specifically deals with retail work very efficiently like handling discounts, billing, pricing, schemes, etc.
Advantages Of Tally Software
- Tally software is a low-cost and user-friendly software that is easy to operate.
- Tally Supports Windows & can be installed easily.
- Tally software utilizes very less space for installation
- The installation process of tally is an easy process.
- It can easily back up all company data in a local system disk with a built-in backup feature.
- Tally supports nine Indian languages.
- Tally helps to record the financial data of a company in a perfectly structured way.
- Financial calculations of the company can be conducted in a perfectly structured manner and efficiently too using the Tally software.
- There is practically no scope for human error.
- The banking process has become faster due to the ease of calculations by tally software.
- The most recent Tally has features of multitasking.
- The speed at which the Tally operates is very fast and efficient.
- The security standard of the tally software is very high.
- As Tally has taken over the manual work of record keeping, the accounting speed of every company has increased monumentally.
Also Read: Best Ways to Learn Tally Online
Core Features of the Tally Course
- Banking & Taxation
In Tally, ERP Accounting is Considered to be the most fundamental feature. Candidates are required to know how to deal with a particular transaction which helps them in feeding the transaction data correctly. Candidates specialize to enter the correct entries and avoiding any errors.
Billing is an inevitable part of every business. Bill is produced in chronological order after passing the entries for the transaction which is used to raise or send an invoice.
Creating reports like statements of the balance sheet, profit & loss, trial balance, stock summary, employees report, etc. has to be done in every business. The Tally software calculates such statements and reports automatically after the chronological entries of the transactions.
This feature is used when you are having an ample number of employees. The students specialize in maintaining employee records such as employee categories, employee groups, attendance, overtime, and pay heads.
Maintaining stocks is crucial to a business. Stock maintenance records are important for companies because it provides better control over business sales and inventory management. It also gives the record of stock available and hence it helps businesses to make more informed decisions regarding the supply of stocks.
Banking & Taxation:
No business can thrive without banking in today’s time. Both direct and indirect GST and TDS can be calculated automatically and Tax returns can also be filed online with the help of Tally software.
Tally Course Syllabus
|Volume 1A||Volume 1B|
|Accounting & Inventory Management Introduction to Tally. ERP 9 & Basic Features||Foundation of Taxation|
|Creating Masters in Tally. ERP 9Voucher Entry & Invoicing||Introduction to VAT|
|Bill – in Details, Credit Limits||Introduction to and Basics of Service Tax|
|Basics of Banking and Interest Calculation||Introduction to TDS|
|Cost Centres and Cost Categories||Getting Started with Excise (Dealers)|
|Reports in Tally. ERP 9||Getting Started with Excise (Manufacturer)|
|Order Processing & Pre-closure of orders||Advance Features|
|Price Levels & Price Lists|
|Point of Sale (POS)|
|Different Actual and Billed Quantities|
|Bill of Materials|
|Volume I||Volume II||Volume III|
|Fundamentals concepts of Accounts and Inventory||Advanced Inventory and Technological Capabilities||Fundamentals concepts of Taxation|
|Tally.Erp9 Advanced Taxation|
|Vol. IV||Vol. V|
|Advanced Taxation||Payroll and Advanced Features|
|Vol. I||Vol. II||Vol. III||Vol. IV||Vol. V|
|Fundament concepts of Accounts and Inventory||Advanced Inventory and Technological Capabilities||Fundamental concepts of Taxation||Advanced Taxation||Payroll and Advanced Features|
Other Best Courses in Mumbai:
- Content Writing Courses in Mumbai
- Digital Marketing Courses in Mumbai
- GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
- Technical Writing Courses in Mumbai
- SEO Courses in Mumbai
Tally Course Modules
|User Interface and Company Management||1. Introduction to Tally ERP9|
2. Installing Tally ERP9
3. License Server
4. Creating a Company
5. Data Path for Tally ERP9 Companies
6. Altering and Deleting Company
7. Gateway of Tally and User Interface
|Masters – Ledgers||1. Understanding Ledgers|
2. Creating Ledgers
3. Creating Multiple Ledgers
4. Altering and Deleting Ledgers
|Masters – Groups||1. Understanding Groups|
2. Creating Groups
3. Altering and Deleting Groups
|Payment Vouchers||1. Using Practice Files|
2. Configuring Bill Wise Details
|Masters – Bill wise Debtors and Creditors Ledgers||1. Understanding Default Vouchers|
2. Payment in Single Entry Mode
3. Payment in Double Entry Mode
|Day Book||1. Understanding Day Book Reports|
2. Altering and Deleting Transactions
|Pre-allocation of Bills||1. Pre-Allocation of Bills|
|Receipt Voucher||1. Understanding Receipt Vouchers|
|Contra and General Voucher||1. Understanding Contra for Banking|
2. Examples of Contra Vouchers
3. Examples of Journal Vouchers
|Cheque Printing||1. CTS Cheque Printing System|
Types of Tally Courses
Short-term tally certificate courses are available online as well as at various Institutes. They are suitable for professionals as well as candidates who are interested in building a career in business, management field, or finance. Also, there are full-time Tally Diploma courses. Beginners can choose from a variety of courses in Mumbai with prices given both online and offline by various platforms and institutions.
Tally Certificate vs. Diploma Tally Course
|Points of Difference||Certificate Tally Course||Diploma Tally Course|
|Duration||2-4 months||1-2 years|
|Level||Certificate/ Certification Level||Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)|
|Eligibility||10+2 Commerce||10+2 with a minimum of 50 percent in commerce|
|Emphasis||The emphasis here is on accounting, accounting methods, and problem-solving analytical abilities.||The emphasis here is notably more on accounting as a sector in large organizations, banks, and MNCs.|
Difference Between Tally & Sap Fico
One must know the difference between Tally and SAP FICO as both are used in Businesses for Accounting and finance-related tasks. The parameters to understand the difference is listed below in the table.
|Full Form||Transactions Allowed in Linear Line Yards||SAP Finance and Controlling|
|Eligibility||10+2 commerce stream||Graduation or post-graduation in commerce|
|Educational Level||Certificate or Diploma||Certificate|
|Fees Range||INR 2,000 – 20,000||INR 10,000 to INR 4,00,000.|
|In-demand Skills||Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Interpersonal Skills||Business Process, Master Data, Profitability Analysis|
|Scope||Accountant, Finance Manager, Chartered Accountant, Executive Assistant, Operations Manager||SAP Functional Consultant, Project Leader, SAP FICO Consultant, Process Developer, and Manager Costing|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00,000 – 10,00,000.||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000.|
List of The Institutes That Offer Tally Courses in Mumbai
There are many Institutes offering Online and Classroom Tally Courses in Mumbai. Below are some of the most reputed and certified Institutes.
1. Tally Education
Tally Education is a subsidiary of Tally Solutions. They have a variety of tally courses to offer ranging from flagship courses to international and specialization courses.
Two Main Courses Are:
- Tally Essential
- Tally Professional
Course 1: Tally Essential
Duration: 5 -6 hours
Level I (Recording & Reporting)
- Fundament concept of accounting
- Introduction and basics to Tally Prime
- Chart maintenance of Accounts
- Recording and Maintaining Accounting Transactions
- Generating Financial Statements and MIS Reports
- Data Security
- Company Data Management
Level II (Accounts Payable and Receivable)
- Storage and Classification of Inventory
- Accounts Receivable and Payable Management
- Management of Purchase and sales
- Tracking Additional Costs of Purchase
- Cost & Profit Centres Management
- Budgets and Scenarios
- Generating and Printing Reports
Level III (Taxation and Compliance)
- Tax Deducted at Source
- Business Data Management
- The movement to the Next Financial Year
Fees: 1500 INR
- Industry-recognized Tally certificates are to be given at the end of the course
- 6 months of free access to the study materials after completion of the course
- life-long access to tally job opportunities and job portals
Course 2: Tally Professional
Duration: 100 hours
Volume I- Recording and Reporting
- Interest calculations
- Manufacturing process-job work
- Job costing
- Advanced banking transactions
- Features of Connectivity in Tally Prime using Tally.NET
Volume II- Accounts Executive (Statutory Compliance & Payroll)
- Recording Advanced GST Transactions
- Recording Advanced TDS Transactions
- The tax collected at the source
- Payroll and Income tax
Mode: Classroom and Online
- The hybrid model of education enables the candidates to learn to form various texts and self-learning interactive videos
- The Tally Education institute offers online access to various tutorials, graphs, quizzes, infographics, etc.
- Assessment is done at the end of the Tally Professional course
- The students receive a digital certificate from Tally after the completion
Must Check: Online Tally Courses
NIIT offers a course on accounting that enables students to manage accounts and record business transactions. Tools such as Microsoft word and excel mostly used for financial analysis are also taught in detail. Training to use tools to apply theory in practice is offered.
Course: Accounting with Tally. ERP 9
Duration: 36 hours
- Creation and management of documents using Microsoft Office Word Presentation and Management of data using Microsoft Office Excel
- Accounting with Tally. ERP 9
- Since it is a classroom session, students can interact and communicate with their trainers in a much better way.
- students will learn to record business transactions, double entry system, and manage the information of a particular account
- Students will be able to create documents and analyze and present data using Ms- word and excel.
Contact: +1800 3000 6448
Email: [email protected]
Udemy is a massive open online course institute arranging the coursework into a series of modules that includes videos, text notes, and assessment tests. It is one of the leading institutes that offer a multitude of courses from different fields in an organized way.
Course: Certificate course in Tally ERP 9 + Tally Prime + GST
Duration: 16 hours
- Accounting with GST is done independently in Tally ERP 9 and Tally Prime
- Manual accounting to advanced GST reports
- GST computation and reports
- Accounting of manufacturing firm
- Cheque printing
- GTA- Goods Transport Agency
- RCM- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Import and Export entries under GST
- E-way Bill
- Backup and restore
- MIS Reporting
- Sales to SEZ entries in Tally
Fees: INR 3499
- Lifetime access to all the course materials is given to the students
- Students will be given a certification of completion at the end of the course
- Branding graphic solution training is given to every individual student
- There are no special eligibility criteria for the students enrolling in Udemy courses
- Students can choose their preferred instructors for their tally course with the help of ratings and fees.
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Mumbai
- Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
- Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
- Creative Writing Courses in Mumbai
EduPristine is one of the leading accounting and finance training providers. They offer plenty of online and classroom courses. Trusted by Fortune 500 companies, EduPristine empowers students with practical knowledge. Their online courses are crafted around application-based learning, enabling students to engage in case studies and assignments. Their BAT course includes Tally accounting learning in detail.
Course: PG Diploma in Accounting and Taxation
Duration: Minimum 5 months
- Fundamentals of Accounting in Tally
- Basics of GST in Tally
- Income tax in Tally
- Excel for accounting and MIS
- Finalization of financial statements
- Soft-skills Development
Mode: Online + classroom
- Edu Pristine takes only 20-25 students per batch which makes the interaction more efficient
- Project-based practical training sessions and case studies are a part of the BAT course curriculum to make the candidate job ready.
- They also conduct soft-skills training for each student as a bonus without any additional cost.
- The candidates also get skilled in using tools such as BUSY software, SAP, Tally, and Excel.
- The institute gives freedom to the candidates to choose between the modules they want to study and do not want to study.
- Edu Pristine offers four certificates after completing the BAT course which are GST certified, course completion, BUSY software skills, and other tools.
Tally Courses in Mumbai Eligibility
- Learning Tally is much easier if you have the basics right.
- Higher Secondary Education is required. (Ideally in the Commerce stream). Candidates from any other stream can also take up the course.
- They should score a minimum of 50% in an aggregate of all the subjects in their 12th.
- One should have basic Computer knowledge, domain handling, and accounts knowledge.
- Candidates must have at least a basic knowledge of business management and Accounting.
- Students from another stream who have almost zero knowledge of this subject must first clear their basic concepts of accounting before joining the course.
- Both freshers and working professionals can opt for Tally Courses in Mumbai.
Tally Courses Duration
The Tally ERP course has been designed in such a way that it can be learned in just 2 months. The first-month deals with basic understanding and the second-month focus is on advanced features like GST, TDS, and Service Tax Payroll. However, freshers should go for a long-term Tally Diploma Course of 12 months duration to get maximum results.
The fee structure depends on the Location, Quotation, Institutions, Preferred batches, and more. The average fee of Tally Courses ranges from Rs. 6000 TO Rs.3 5,000 + GST. Study materials are provided to complement the fee structure. Online tally courses cost about Rs. 10,000 and are much preferred over the classroom.
Job Profiles After Tally Courses in Mumbai
Over the years, the successful Tally software has fueled the demand for Tally-trained and certified professionals across the country. Industries like multinational companies, the banking sector, and different corporations are in need to employ candidates who are proficient in Tally.
Enterprises such as Industrial Houses, Accounting Firms, Foreign Trade, Banking, Budget Control, Inventory Control, and Merchant Banking are searching actively for candidates with skills in tally software.
Knowledge of Tally is very important as Tally Courses in Mumbai equips an individual to land a job easily as 90% of businesses in India use Tally software.
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts supervisor
- Tally operator
- Tally accounts executive
- service co-ordinator with a tally
- Financial tally analyst
- Tax accountant
- Investment banker
- Sales Analyst
- Accounts officer
Average Salary After Completing the Tally Courses in Mumbai
Pay in this field is modestly reasonable. Tally job salaries are depicted in the table below:
|JOB PROFILE||SALARY INR/ YEAR|
|Tax Accountant||Rs. 5.60 lakhs|
|Sales Analyst||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|Tally Junior Accountant||Rs. 1.80 lakhs|
|Tally Operator||Rs. 1.80 lakhs|
|Business Development Trainee||Rs. 5.69 lakhs|
|Finance Officer||Rs. 3.41 lakhs|
|Accounting Clerk||Rs. 2.40 lakhs|
Top Recruiting Firms
Several companies in India prefer candidates who have completed Tally Courses in Mumbai. Below are some of the most well-known recruiting firms:
- Reliance Industries Limited
- BDO International
- SS Kothari & Mehta
- Ernst & Young
- Smith & Williamson
Q1. What is the main difference between Tally Prime and Tally ERP?
Tally Prime is an ultra-modern and smarter version of Tally ERP. Tally ERP is simple and has many advanced features for a great number of tasks. This leads to a flawless workflow and productivity to manage almost everything from accounting, inventory, payroll management, etc., and much more. Summing up, Tally Prime offers more customization, improved navigation, accessibility, and usability.
Q2. Is Tally Certification Course worth doing?
Yes, it is definitely worth doing. Tally is excellent if you are pursuing a career in accounting. The course educates students with an extensive syllabus in accounting and provides practical knowledge too. You can also opt for a short-term course and a diploma certificate. The Tally Courses in Mumbai are available online and classroom both.
Q3. What is the minimum duration of the Tally Courses in Mumbai?
Being a short intensive course for students in business accounting, to do the certificate courses, the duration is 1 to 4 months whereas for diploma courses it’s 2 years or even more.
Q4. What does the job guarantee of the Tally Courses in Mumbai?
Job prospects are fairly high if you have obtained a certification in the Tally course from a licensed institute.
Q5. Is the Tally Courses in Mumbai difficult to learn?
No, Tally is not at all difficult to learn if you are from the commerce stream. It’s easy even if you are from a non-commerce stream.
Q6. Is Tally accounting software necessary and in demand for business accounting in today’s time?
The tally software was and will stay in demand forever. Accounting is the backbone of every small or large business and Tally is the smartest, most user-friendly, and safe software with multiple task options. It is the most sought-after software in today’s time compared to a few other software which is very expensive and not so user-friendly. Though the versions of tally might change; its usage and demand will never reduce.
Hence, Tally Courses in Mumbai is an extensively specialized program in the field of accounting that helps you understand the fundamentals of the accounting field and equips you with the skills required to use the software.