Tally is the term that we have been hearing since our childhood and many businesses have encountered this term. It is fundamental and the most widely used software in small and medium-sized industries. The Full form of the Tally is Transactions allowed in linear line yards. You can say that Tally is an important part of every accountant’s life. The way the name Xerox is used for photocopy is the same way Tally is used for accounts. Here is the list of Tally courses in Kolkata, but before moving to those courses, we will have an overview of tally to understand its advantages better.
Small and medium enterprises don’t know what to use other than Tally for accounting and finance. These businesses have made their accounting simple and easy to assess their profits and thus make timely progress. Businesses often faced the problems like maintaining records of transactions, calculating and interpreting the taxations implied, expenditures and inventory management, etc.
This triggered Shyam Sundar Goenka, The founder of Tally, to find solutions to such problems, and the company was founded. So, having such a market presence of this software, doing a course to learn this software will always help you to grow.
History of Tally
Shyam Sundar Goenka was one of the pioneers of industrial sectors in Bangalore. He was born in Kolkata but left the city to start his own business and started a textile machinery business in Bangalore. He felt difficulties in maintaining the accounts of his business and wanted to develop a better system to maintain his accounts.
So, he invited his son Bharat Goenka to develop software for maintaining accounts, and in this way, they successfully made accounting software in 1986. This software was named Peutronics Financial Accountant, which later on was named Tally solutions. Tally Solutions is one of India’s most successful software companies in India.
Both father and son started this company to solve the complicated accounting problem of small and medium industries. Now, they are one of the largest software product industries in India. More than 2 Million customers are using Tally as their software solution for business accounting and finance. They have spread over 100 countries.
What is Tally?
As you have seen in the history of Tally, it is the software used for maintaining the accounting and financial activities of a firm. These accounting and financial activities may include invoice generation, inventory management, profit and loss statements, balance sheet generation, income statements, investment decisions, and many more. The records of all these activities are maintained in the form of vouchers and can be tracked easily for reconciliation.
Various Features of Tally
User-friendly Interface: Tally is having a very user-friendly interface which makes it easy to use the software. In this way, anyone having little knowledge about the use of software can learn it easily.
Customization: Tally can be customized according to the business. Whether it is a large small or medium-sized business, you can tailor the features of the software and use it according to your need.
Tax Compliance: The system provided in the software is by the tax compliance of the industries. This makes industries to be free of tax-related issues and follow the rules of the government.
Reduced Time: Tally helps in doing all the tedious work of accounts in no time. This helps businesses to save time and improve productivity
Future scope of Tally
Tally has a tremendous market presence with more than 2 million users. Due to this, there is a consistent demand from the market to handle this software and handle the accounts of the businesses. Also, the number of businesses is increasing day by day which increases the scope of using this software.
So, anyone willing to upgrade his career can learn this software and increase his chances of getting a salary hike. Also, as a fresher, there is a good scope to start your career as an accountant. With hands-on experience with this software and gaining accounting experience, you are good to take a flight in your career. The Tally courses in Kolkata have great demand in industries for their accounts department.
Hiring in Different Sectors
For those who have done Tally courses in Kolkata, many companies hire professionals with expertise in Tally, particularly in India where the software is widely used. Some examples of companies that may hire Tally professionals include:
- Accounting firms: Many accounting firms use Tally to manage their clients’ financial transactions and prepare financial reports. They may hire Tally professionals to assist with these tasks.
- Small and medium-sized businesses: Many small and medium-sized businesses use Tally to manage their financial and accounting processes. They may hire Tally professionals to help them set up and maintain their Tally systems.
- Large enterprises: Large enterprises may also use Tally to manage their financial and accounting processes, particularly in the manufacturing, trading, and service sectors. They may hire Tally professionals to help them set up and maintain their Tally systems, as well as to analyze financial data and make informed business decisions.
- Government agencies: Government agencies may use Tally to manage their financial transactions and prepare financial reports. They may hire Tally professionals to assist with these tasks.
- Non-profit organizations: Non-profit organizations may also use Tally to manage their financial transactions and prepare financial reports. They may hire Tally professionals to assist with these tasks.
Top 8 Tally Courses in Kolkata
NIIT is one of the leading Skills and Talent Development Corporations. They aim to build a manpower pool as per the global industry requirements. This organization was started in 1981 to overcome the IT industry’s human resource challenges. They have two main lines of business, one is Corporate Learning Group and the other is Skills and Careers Business.
It is one of the institutes providing Tally courses in Kolkata. It is now the most trusted training brand in India and has been named among the Top 20 Training Outsourcing Companies for the past 12 consecutive years by Training Industry. With 40+ years of experience in the training field, they have trained more than 3.8 crore people in various fields.
Accounting with Tally.ERP9
The duration of this course is 36 hours with industry veteran faculty. Along with Tally, they also teach you how to use MS office tools for Financial Analysis and Report making. Practice on data sets is also given so that you get a real understanding of the work.
- Creating and managing documents using MS word
- Presenting and Managing Data Effectively
- Accounting with Tally.ERP9.
These modules have below as learning objectives
- Creation of MS word documents and format texts and paragraphs
- Working on an excel worksheet
- Modify worksheets and perform calculations
- Understanding and applying basic principles of accounting
- The double-entry system of accounts
- Basic features of Tally
- Key components of Tally
- Business transactions and managing the accounts information
Udemy is a global platform for teaching and learning. It was started in 2010 and now has become one of the leading platforms for learning. All the courses are provided online on Udemy. As it provides only online courses so the students can do the Tally courses in Kolkata from their homes. The platform has more than 57 million students, 213000 courses, and 74000 instructors who are teaching courses. These courses are available in more than 75 languages.
Tally Prime: Beginner to Advance GST & Accounting using Tally.
You will learn
- Accounting basics like debits and credits
- How to use Tally and transfer accounts data
- Prepare details of inventory and filter reports
- Bank Reconciliation
- GST set-off, reverse charge, the goods transport agency
- Calculating the cost of manufacturing the product
- How to customize sales invoice number format
- Filing of GSTR1 and GSTR3B and recording these entries in Tally
This course contains 92 lectures with a total length of 13h 18m.
- Basics of Accounting
- Download and install Tally Prime
- Switch from Manual to computerized accounting using Tally Prime
- Recording day-to-day transactions in Tally Prime
- Inventory Management
- Recording GST Transactions
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Working with Payroll in Tally
- Voucher Classes
- Price list
- Cost center and cost categories
- Manufacturing process
- TDS-Tax Deducted at Source
You can also check out the best:
The full form of FITA is Focus’d IT Academy. The presence of this organization in this market is from the last decade. It’s a leading training and placement company. Its Tally course is one of the best online Tally courses in Kolkata. They give real corporate exposure to students and this exposure is conducted by employees from MNCs.
They have 120+ courses available with more than 50000 alumni and 1000+ expert trainers. They have placement tie-ups with more than 1500+ companies which allows the students to find jobs easily.
Online Tally Course
Live online training is conducted and delivered by real-time professionals. From bookkeeping to payroll processing, they provide comprehensive coverage of Tally ERP. Recorded videos of each session are provided in instructor-led live online training.
You will learn
- Ability to manage and handle Ledger accounts for all the transactions in the Tally ERP
- Ability to handle error detection in accounting and performing Bank Reconciliation
- Implementation of tax entries like GST, TDS, TCS, and returns filing using Tally ERP
- Thorough understanding of Tally ERP and its usages in Accounting
- Journal entries using Tally along with Bank entries
- Ability to handle sales, purchases, Purchase orders, sales orders, credit notes, and debit notes.
- How to generate profit and loss accounts, trading accounts, balance sheets, funds flow, cash flow reports, etc using Tally ERP
Online Trainers are real-time professionals with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in the Accounting field. Personalized mentorship and guidance are provided by the Trainers.
ACTE is one of the recognized institutes for providing software training in India. With 350+ placement partners and 27 Branches, this Institute is spread over 7 countries and has won more than 15 quality awards. Key Features of this course include 40 hours of course duration, 100% job-oriented training, and availability of free demo class. They provide online Tally courses in Kolkata. Apart from this, they have experience in completing more than 500+ batches.
Online Course content
- Basics of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Tally ERP9
- Accounting masters in Tally ERP9
- Inventory masters in Tally ERP9
- Vouchers Entries in Tally ERP9
- Advance Accounting in Tally ERP9
- Advance inventory in Tally ERP9
- Taxes in Tally ERP9
- Service Tax
- Technological Advantages in Tally ERP9
- Generating reports in Tally ERP9
- Goods and service integration projects
- Projects on bank reconciliation
- Online bulk e-way bill generation projects
- Financial accounting projects
5. Flowria Academy
Flowria Academy is one of the top institutes providing Computer Training Institutes in Kolkata. It provides services in Computer Training Institutes, Tally Training Institutes, Computer Training Institutes for MS Excel, GST Training Institutes, and Tally GST Training Institutes.
Certificate in Tally Prime
The Tally course provided by this consists of 2 levels.
Level 1 is designed for beginners
Level 2 is designed for experts
The additional module of e-filing the returns of GST, IT, PF, ESI, TDS, etc. is provided.
It is recommended to do both levels to become an expert Accountant.
- Basics of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Tally ERP9
- Inventory in Tally ERP9
- Voucher Entry in Tally ERP9
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Bank Reconciliation
- Backup & Restore
- Splitting of company data
- Advanced Accounting Tally ERP9
- Advanced Inventory in Tally ERP9
- Point of Sale
- Job costing
- Tax deducted at source (TDS)
- Payroll Accounting and Compliance
- Multilingual Capabilities
- Application Management and Controls
Internshala is a Technology Company. This platform was first designed to provide internships to students all over India but later in 2016, they decided to provide training to students to make them internship ready. Now they provide Training, Placement Guarantee Courses, Fresher Jobs and Internships.
This is an online certified course that is mobile-friendly. That means if you don’t have a laptop, you can attend this course on mobile. A facility to build 1 project for hands-on practice is provided so that you get practical experience in real-world scenarios. This course is 6 weeks with 1 hr per day flexible timing. Quizzes and module tests are conducted at regular intervals to test your knowledge.
- Basics of Accounting
- The world of Tally
- Accounting process in Tally
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Tax deducted at source(TDS) & Tax collected at source (TCS)
- Payroll in Tally
- Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Data Extraction from Tally
- Multi-currency in Tally
- Multilingual feature in Tally
- Final Training project
7. Keerti Institute
Keerti Institute also known as Keerti Knowledge and Skills Ltd. is an institution that conducts training programs. These training programs are for young career aspirants to understand basic operational functioning. Their vision is to transform the lives of youngsters through the transfer of knowledge and skills, enabling them to create stable careers.
Recording and Reporting
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Introduction to Tally Prime
- Maintaining Chart of Accounts
- Recording and Maintaining Accounting Transactions
- Generating Financial statements and MIS Reports
- Data Security
- Company data management
Taxation and Compliance
- Tax deducted at source (TDS)
- Management of Business Data
- Moving to Next Financial Year
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Storage of inventory
- Accounts receivable and payable management
- Purchase and Sales order management
- Tracking additional costs of purchase
- Cost/Profit Centers Management
- Budgets and Scenarios
- Generating and Printing Reports
The duration for this course is 100 hrs in 4 months. Certificates are provided by the Institute of Tally, NSDC, Centurion University, etc.
Inventateq is a software training institute. It provides training courses on Digital Marketing, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Python, etc. This Institute has trained over 7000 professionals in the past 9 years. They have more than 300 hiring partners.
Tally Online Course
- Basic Accounting
- Tally ERP9
- Inventory Management
- Financial Management
- Income Tax
- MIS Reports
- Balance sheet
- Multi Company creation
- Account Management
The duration for training provided is 38 to 42 hours. The training is carried out online. Over 6 industrial projects and 40+ practical sessions are carried out with 20+ Tally Tools.
FAQs About Tally Courses in Kolkata
Is the Tally course a good option to go level up in your career?
It depends on what field you are coming from. Suppose you are from the Commerce field and already know the accounting terms very well, then this course is beneficial for you. If you are a small businessman and want to do whole accounting yourself then this course is made for you because you can understand the accounting concepts in more depth after using it on Tally.
On the other side, if you are from a background other than commerce and Accounts and you want to start a career as a fresher then you will have to learn from the basics and it may take time to upgrade yourself and become familiar with the Accounting Field. The online Tally courses in Kolkata are a good option to level up your skills from home.
Are there any criteria for doing the Tally course?
Tally is an Accounting Software. It is used in all small and medium-sized businesses. There are no prerequisites for doing the Tally course. However, some institutes keep criteria of educational background and understanding of accounting principles, and few basic computer skills. It is always better to check the requirements of the particular institute before enrolling for the course.
What is the average salary of a person doing the Tally Courses in Kolkata?
The average salary for a person with Tally training in India can vary depending on factors such as the individual’s level of experience, education, location, and the specific industry in which they work. In general, the salary for a person working in accounting or finance in India can range from around INR 2.5 lakhs per year for entry-level positions to over INR 6 lakhs per year for more experienced professionals. These figures are just estimates and may not accurately reflect the specific salary that a person with Tally training might expect to earn in India.
What are the course fees for the Tally Courses in Kolkata?
The course fees vary depending on the Institute that you enroll in. Some institutes take course fees of INR 10000 and some institutes take course fees of INR 3000. In general, the course fees vary between INR 3000-10000. However, there are only some institutes providing advanced-level Tally courses where you require some prior experience in using Tally. These courses help in achieving promotion in your existing jobs and also upskill your present understanding of the accounts.
It’s important today to upgrade your skills and be ready for on-demand jobs and projects so that you are not left behind. There are various institutes available to provide Tally Courses in Kolkata. Many institutes provide classroom classes and many others provide online classes. You can join these classes according to your suitability. Tally Courses in Kolkata are Software-based courses. It’s easy for anyone with little or no experience to understand the software and record accounting transactions.
The Tally Courses in Kolkata have been an on-demand course for those who belong to accounting background. They get to learn different concepts of accounting such as voucher creation, sales, and purchase entries, balance sheets, cash flow statements, income statements, etc. All these records are studied and analyzed by business persons to keep their businesses on track to achieve their goals.
There are various types of Tally courses available, including online courses, in-person classes, and self-study programs. Some Tally courses may be designed for beginners, while others may be geared towards more experienced users who want to learn advanced features of the software. It is important to research and compares different Tally courses to find one that meets your needs and learning style. Look for courses that are taught by experienced and knowledgeable instructors, and that offer a mix of lectures, hands-on practice, and real-world examples.