Google is one of the most established businesses in the world. Starting as the internet’s first search engine, Google has developed into a multinational technology company offering internet users a range of services including Google Pay, eCommerce, mobile phones, and online advertising. Alongside these benefits, Google regularly hosts training sessions where customers can purchase a data analyst course and certifications in other subjects such as technology, retail, finance, and more. All are available online, right at the consumer’s fingertips, without having to leave the sofa. This article will discuss the best Google Data Analytics Professional Certification.
If you want to learn a new skill, start a new career, or develop your business, then Google offers it all. If you’re unsure or open to suggestions on which course would be suitable for you, Google can tell you! Answer a 2 question quiz and they will narrow down and target the courses which are most applicable to your needs. Google Data Analytics Professional Certification has had over 1.2 million enrolments and over 93,000 4.8 out of 5 stars ratings.
Completely exclusive to Google, the Data Analytics course covers the basic understanding of a junior or associate analyst’s day-to-day job, key analytical skills (data cleaning, analysis, and visualization), tools (spreadsheets, R programming, and Tableau), and how to present findings from data in dashboards and use common visualization platforms, with no degree or experience required.
Upon completion of the course, candidates are ensured that they can pursue a career in analytics in many different fields such as business performance, healthcare, marketing, and science. Candidates who already have a degree but in an unrelated field, have the opportunity to be able to change their career path to analytics after completing this course. The average entry-level salary for a position as a Junior Data Analyst is around ₹3,54,000 in India.
What is a Professional Certification?
This is a process by which a person proves they have the skills, knowledge, and experience to perform in a specific job. Employers view it as a bonus to a person’s CV as it proves that candidates can commit to a profession and will work hard towards gaining the experience needed to pursue a career in it.
About This Certification
The Google Data Analytics Professional Certification is a popular online course that teaches candidates how to kick off their careers in the high-growth field of data analytics. Below is some key information about the course.
- Enroll online with a 7-day free trial, subscriptions can be paused or ended at any time.
- The course is suitable for anyone looking for a career change or to start a new career.
- No degree or previous experience is necessary.
- Candidates will learn from Google employees with decades of experience whose knowledge of data analytics has helped them progress in their careers.
- Candidates will gain all current and required skills to prepare them for an entry-level job.
- The program includes over 195 hours of lessons with hundreds of mock assessments which simulate real-life data analytics scenarios.
- Google can connect candidates with a choice of over 150+ employers post-completion.
- Graduates can earn an average of ₹3,54,000 median entry-level salary annually.
- Taught by experienced Google employees
- Affordable programs with an option for financial aid
- Apply your skills with hands-on projects
- Flexible learning, in your own time
- The course includes videos and readings
- Graded quizzes and assignments
- No degree or experience is required
- Shareable Certificate upon completion
Benefits of The Course
Since the Google Data Analytics Professional Certification has over 93,000 reviews, it is easy to establish that this course is hugely beneficial to anyone who decides to sign up for it. 75% of Google Career Certificate Graduates in the United States report an improvement in their career trajectory (e.g. new job or career, promotion or raise) within 6 months of certificate completion, based on program graduate survey responses, United States 2021.
Further research shows that the common trends when discovering the benefits of taking this course are aligned with the amount of information it contains combined with the duration of the course. Reviews explain that within 6 months, candidates will learn enough about data analytics that they will be job ready on completion. Other benefits to subscribing are;
- There is a massive demand for data analysts worldwide.
- You can work in a variety of fields including healthcare, finance, and retail.
- You can work for yourself if you prefer.
- There are no prerequisites.
- There is a mix of videos, assessments, and hands-on labs, for all abilities.
- You’ll learn how to use Google Sheets/Excel.
- You can apply for financial help if you can’t afford the course at the time, Google has made it possible to apply for aid.
- You’re learning from one of the biggest companies in the world.
- You will learn skills that employers specifically look for in candidates’ CVs.
- It’s available to join from any country all over the world.
To become eligible to apply for the Google Data Analytics Professional Certification, there is no requirement to have a degree, and no previous experience in data analytics is needed. Below are further details about who the course is open to.
- The course is open to anyone who wants to start a new career in data analytics or already has a degree but is in a different field.
- The course teaches students from a beginner level and is 100% self-paced which gives students the chance to learn in their own time.
- It’s a great option for anyone wishing to build practical skills to work in data analytics and gain knowledge using platforms and tools such as presentations, spreadsheets, Tableau, and R Programming.
- The course is desirable to anyone who would like to work for a big company as many employers including big U.S companies such as Walmart, Best Buy and Astreya have connections with Google.
- 1.2 million students from different backgrounds have already enrolled.
Fees and Duration
The Google Data Analytics Professional Certification is completely flexible, the average duration for this course is 6 months, however, it can be done in as little as 4 months or as long as is needed. This means if you have other commitments, you will still be able to fulfill that outside of the course.
Students will need to study for under 10 hours per week to complete the course in the required time. Google also offers a 7-day trial for those who would like to try the course before they commit to it in full. The certification is split into 8 different courses covering many different topics of data analysis totaling over 195 hours.
Breakdown of Course Content by Hours
|Course Name||Approx. Total Time to Complete||Video Lecture Time|
|1||Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere||20 hours||156 minutes|
|2||Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions||17 hours||149 minutes|
|3||Prepare Data for Exploration||22 hours||140 minutes|
|4||Process Data from Dirty to Clean||22 hours||213 minutes|
|5||Analyze Data to Answer Questions||23 hours||193 minutes|
|6||Share Data Through the Art of Visualization||23 hours||179 minutes|
|7||Data Analysis with R Programming||37 hours||213 minutes|
|8||Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study||10 hours||51 minutes|
|Total||174 hours||21 hours, 33 Minutes|
The cost of the certification is around ₹3200/month with a duration of 6 months totaling ₹19200. In comparison to similar courses available online, it offers great value for money and an extensive amount of detail extractable from the course. Below is a comparison breakdown of Google and other Data Analytics courses supplied by companies such as Microsoft and IBM available to purchase.
Google Data Analytics Professional Certification VS Others
|Google Data Analytics Professional Certification||IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate||Cloudera Certified Data Analyst||Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate|
|Type||Online Course||Online Course||Certification Exam||Certification Exam|
|Career Resources||Certificate holder-only career portals||None||None||None|
|Approximate Duration||6 months||11 months||–||–|
The Google Data Analytics Professional Certification syllabus is split into 8 smaller courses for completion over the average 6 month period. With each course, students will apply their skills to hands-on projects and create a portfolio that will showcase their experience to potential employers. The key points defining each course are broken down into;
Foundations: Data, Data Everywhere
- An introduction to the world of data.
- Understand how to make thoughtful decisions, launch new products and identify trends.
- Material shared covers plenty of data analytic topics.
- The curriculum was developed by Google itself.
- Instruction on how to accomplish data analytics tasks with the best tools and resources.
- Discovery of useful terms and concepts, relevant to the junior data analyst role.
- Conduct a self-assessment to enhance analytical thinking.
Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- A build on topics that were introduced in the first course.
- Learn effective questioning techniques to make data-driven decisions.
- Understand data-driven decision-making and present data findings.
- Explore real-life business scenarios to support the decisions being made.
- How structured thinking can lead analysts to understand problems and then develop solutions.
- How spreadsheets can help define data.
- Learn strategies for managing expectations amongst stakeholders.
Prepare Data For Exploration
- Implementing skills gained from the first two courses and introducing to new topics that will teach practical data analysis skills.
- Further guidance using spreadsheets and a program called SQL to extract data and connect with objectives.
- Understand how to organize and protect data.
- Learn about structured and unstructured data, data types, and data formats.
- Learn about data formats, data types, and structured and unstructured data.
- Examine the relationship between data ethics and data privacy.
- Understand best practices of extracting, filtering, and sorting through databases.
Process Data From Dirty To Clean
- Learn to check and clean your data.
- Develop basic SQL queries for use on databases.
- Understand how to verify the results of cleaning data.
- Explore the importance of data cleaning reports.
Analyse Data To Answer Questions
- Explore the ‘Analyse’ phase of the data analysis process.
- Learn how to organize and format your data to help look at data in different ways.
- Learn how to use formulas, functions, and SQL queries.
- Learn processes for formatting and adjusting data.
Share Data Through The Art Of Visualisation
- Show data visualization through visualization dashboards, to bring data to life.
- Explore Tableau and how to build presentations.
- Learn how to create compelling narratives through data stories.
- Gain an understanding of Tableau for presentations.
- Learn how to apply best practices for a Q&A with your audiences.
Data Analysis with R Programming
- Learn about the programming language known as R.
- How to use RStudio, the platform that allows you to work with R.
- Software applications and tools tutorials that are unique to R.
- How R allows you to clean, organize, analyze, and report data.
- Explore components of R packages, including the Tidyverse package.
- Discover data frames, generating visualizations, and their use in R.
- Learn about R Markdown for documenting R programming.
Google Data Analysis Capstone: Complete A Case Study
- Optional case study to help prepare for a data analysis job.
- Watch videos with common interview questions and structured responses, materials to build a portfolio, and explore real-world scenarios.
- Examine other case studies.
- Use a case study to support your portfolio in preparation for future job interviews.
You can also check:
- Online Data Analytics Courses
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
- Data Analytics Courses in Delhi
- Data Analytics Courses in Bangalore
Throughout each of the 8 courses throughout the certification, there are a series of topic focus areas;
Course 1. Data, Data Everywhere
- Introducing data analytics
- All about analytical thinking
- The wonderful world of data
- Set up your toolbox
- Endless career possibilities
This course includes 6 graded assignments in form of a multiple-choice quiz.
Course 2. Ask Question To Make Data Driven-Decisions
- Effective questions
- Data-driven decisions
- More spreadsheet basics
- Always remember the stakeholder
This course includes 5 quizzes.
Course 3. Prepare Data For Exploration
- Data types and structures
- Bias, credibility, privacy, ethics, and access
- Databases: Where data lives
- Organizing and protecting your data
This course includes 5 multiple-choice quizzes.
Course 4. Process Data From Dirty To Clean
- The importance of integrity
- Sparkling-clean data
- Cleaning data with SQL
- Verify and report on your cleaning results
- Optional: Adding data to your resume
- Course challenge
This course has 4 quizzes and an exercise that gives students the opportunity to put their data analysis skills into place.
Course 5. Analyse Data To Answer Questions
- Organizing data to begin analysis
- Formatting and adjusting data
- Aggregating data for analysis
- Performing data calculations
Course 6. Share Data Through The Art Of Visualisation
- Visualizing data
- Creating data visualizations with Tableau
- Crafting data stories
- Developing presentations and slideshows
Course 7. Data Analysis with R Programming
- Programming and data analytics
- Programming using RStudio
- Working with data in R
- More about visualizations, aesthetics, and annotations
- Documentation and reports
Course 8. Data Analytics Capstone Project: Complete a Case Study
- Learn about capstone basics
- Optional: Building your portfolio
- Optional: Using your portfolio
- Putting your certificate to work
To be awarded the Google Data Analytics Professional Certification, students must complete all 8 courses and complete all quizzes. Quizzes and exercises will be available at the end of each week, once all exams are complete, the certificate will be ready to download. Google certifications can be displayed on LinkedIn to increase visibility to employers as a Data Analyst.
Skills You Learn
- Data Cleaning
- Problem Solving
- Data Visualisation
- Data Ethics
- Presentation Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Meta Data
Google’s Employer Connections and Career Opportunities
On completion of the Google Data Analytics Professional Certification, Google allows candidates to apply for data analyst jobs directly themselves. They also help support connecting candidates with other employers worldwide, Google has an extensive portfolio of 150+ trusted employers who are regularly seeking data analysts.
Employers that work alongside Google are companies such as Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya. The course teaches candidates the day-to-day role of a junior data analyst and introduces all analysis tools, platforms, and key analytical skills required for an entry-level job.
FAQs About Google Data Analytics Professional Certification
Q1) What kind of companies hire Data Analytics professionals?
There are many industries that hire data analytics professionals all over the world. The top industries currently hiring data analysts are business intelligence, finance, healthcare, entertainment, and retail. This includes companies such as Amazon, Google, Paypal, eBay, Just Eat, and more!
Q2) What resources will be available to help with the job search process?
After the certification has been completed, candidates will have access to a variety of tools and projects designed to prepare them for a job. There are also plenty of practice tools, mock interviews, and CV- building workshops. Google has connections with over 150 employers and others worldwide who are currently searching for candidates that are interested in becoming entry-level data analysts.
Q3) Do the courses need to be taken in a specific order?
The courses should be taken in the order they are presented. This is because each course will contain the relevant information to lead on from the previous course. The courses are designed so that candidates learn the appropriate amount of information before moving on to the next step.
Q4) Is this course a fully online course or can I participate in a classroom?
This course is 100% and completely online, there is no location set up for you to participate in any classroom activities. The lectures, assignments, and readings can be accessed anywhere, at anytime online via your laptop, tablet, or mobile device. The excellent part about the course is that it is completely flexible and you will be able to do this in your own time, right from your sofa.
Q5) What prior knowledge and experience are required to sign up for this course?
No prior knowledge or experience is needed! There are no prerequisites at all! A Google Career Certificate is the ideal course for you, regardless of your level of experience and you will be given all the tools, knowledge, and learnings needed to start an entry-level data analyst job upon completion.
The need for data analysts worldwide is ever-growing. Data analysts are required in many professions including retail, finance, healthcare, and science. Data is important for commercial growth and gives other businesses guidance on how to overcome problems and develop a solution. The goal of the Google Data Analytics Professional certification is to teach people the knowledge they need for an entry-level position as a Junior Data Analyst or similar. There are many opportunities to work in small or large businesses and even work for yourself from home.
The Google Data Analytics Professional Certification is available for anyone who would like to pursue a career in this field, Google makes their certifications accessible for all people, and they even offer financial aid for anyone who cannot afford the certification when they decide they’d like to subscribe. With Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people grow, they guarantee that the workforce of today and students who will create the workforce of the future have access to the best training facilities and tools to continue to build their careers and businesses.