Data analytics is a field that is becoming increasingly important in our technology-centric world. There are more than 86,000 open job positions worldwide that require knowledge of data analytics, making it a highly in-demand skill. If you are located in Lisbon, Portugal, and are looking to pursue a career in data analytics, then look no further. This article goes into detail about the top data analytics courses in Lisbon, Portugal.
Table of Contents
What is Data Analytics?
Career Prospects in Data Analytics
How do I become a data analyst?
Top 3 Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Data Analytics?
The term ‘data analytics’ is fairly self-explanatory. It is the process of analyzing sets of data to identify trends and reach meaningful conclusions. Typically, the derived trends or conclusions are meant to be used to improve the system in question.
Below are just a few examples of the various applications of data analytics:
Marketing Analysis: Marketing professionals often use data analytics to help analyze the efficacy of their marketing efforts and identify customer behavior patterns. For instance, cosmetics giant Sephora partnered with Google Analytics 360 Suite to test whether their online presence was delivering monetary results.
This partnership enabled Sephora to link online browsing data with in-store purchase data. The analytics performed revealed that 70% of customers who had browsed the Sephora website before they purchased in a physical store did so within 24 hours of visiting the website. This revealed that Sephora’s online advertising and presence were indeed driving sales in their brick-and-mortar stores.
Improving Healthcare: Data analytics has a variety of applications in healthcare. A group of healthcare facilities known as UnityPoint Health used data analytics to reduce patient readmission rates. They asked patients who were being readmitted to provide the reason for their readmission.
Some of the answers included not being able to procure medication or not being able to secure follow-up appointments with their doctors. These answers were all collected and analyzed to create a predictive model that assigned a readmission risk score to patients.
Based on their readmission risk score, doctors could keep a closer watch on patients who had a high risk of readmission and take anticipatory action to prevent these patients from being readmitted. Within just 18 months of launching this predictive data analytics tool, UnityPoint Health was able to reduce patient readmission rates by 40%.
Must check out here the best:
- Data Analytics Courses in Australia
- Data Analytics Courses in the UK
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
- Data Analytics Courses in London
- Data Analytics Courses in Canada
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
Preventing Climate Change: Climate change is one of the most pressing issues that we as humans face today, and data analytics has the potential to help us protect our planet. A startup based in Denmark known as Electricity Maps analyses electricity usage data across the globe to determine the carbon footprint of different countries.
A German startup known as foldAI accumulates data from various sensor nodes placed across forests. It then interprets this data to report on the health and status of these forests. These insights help to inform decision-making on how to better conserve these forests and preserve their biodiversity.
There are 4 main types of data analytics that you need to understand if you intend to build a successful career in data analytics, these are as follows:
- Descriptive Analytics: Descriptive analytics deals with matters of the past and interpreting what took place. Descriptive analytics is often used by companies to answer questions such as which of their product lines had the most sales, what percentage of customers made more than one purchase, how many new customers were acquired as a result of coupon incentives, etc.
- Diagnostic Analytics: Diagnostic analytics is all about answering the question of ‘why’. Much like descriptive analytics, it looks at historical data. However, in descriptive analytics, you would only be concerned with identifying the pattern or trend. In diagnostic analytics, the focus is on identifying what caused that particular pattern or trend. A business can use diagnostic analytics to answer questions such as why their sales reduced in the past year, what is causing loyal customers to abandon them, etc.
- Predictive Analytics: Predictive analytics attempts to predict what will happen in the future using a combination of machine learning, descriptive analytics, and diagnostic analytics. Predictive analytics can be used to predict when a factory machine may break down, when a customer is dissatisfied when someone is likely to default on a bank loan, etc.
- Prescriptive Analytics: Prescriptive analytics combines descriptive analytics and diagnostic analytics to recommend specific courses of action. Predictive analytics is the most advanced form of analytics, and so it is most commonly used in incredibly specialized industries such as finance or oil and gas. One example of prescriptive analytics is analyzing factors such as customer demand and behavior to automatically change product prices to meet market expectations.
Explore more about the in-demand:
- Data Analytics Courses in Zambia
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
- Data Analytics Courses in Germany
- Data Analytics Courses in New Zealand
- Data Analytics Courses in Leeds
- Data Analytics Courses in Qatar
Career Prospects in Data Analytics
The field of data analytics is growing rapidly. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, data analytics is one of the top 20 fastest-growing jobs. Over the next decade, there is expected to be a 31% increase in the number of data analytics-related occupations. Moreover, a career in data analytics can be rewarding and lucrative.
The average salary of a data analyst in Lisbon, Portugal ranges from €14K to €37K. There are several options when it comes to roles within the field of data analytics. Here are just a few of the jobs that you will be eligible for if you gain expertise in the field of data analytics:
- Business Intelligence Analyst – A business intelligence analyst is responsible for gathering and interpreting data to produce reports that contain valuable insights and recommendations that will help improve the company’s performance. They are required to communicate these insights and recommendations to the company’s decision-makers to help them make better decisions for the company.
- Data Scientist – A data scientist generally requires more technical expertise than a data analyst does. Just like data analysts, data scientists also look at existing data to identify trends and useful business insights. However, they take it one step further by applying advanced statistics and building machine-learning models that will help make accurate future predictions.
- Data Engineer – A data engineer designs the systems that allow for the gathering of data. They build pipelines that capture the data and transfer them to a database. They are responsible for ensuring that the most up-to-date and accurate data is made available to the data analysts and data scientists.
- Marketing Analyst – Marketing analysts apply data analytics to review data about the company’s marketing activities. They use data analytics techniques to identify trends and patterns that help them determine whether a specific marketing campaign has been successful or not. They communicate their insights to the marketing team to help improve the company’s marketing strategy and ensure that the marketing campaigns deliver results.
- Operations Analyst – Operations analysts apply data analytics to find out how the company’s internal operations processes can be improved. This can include using data analytics to review the efficiency of manufacturing processes, determining whether the company’s employee training programs are producing results, identifying employees or departments that are performing poorly, etc.
You may also be interested in:
- Data Analytics Courses in New York
- Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow
- Data Analytics Courses in Kenya
- Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
- Data Analytics Courses in Hong Kong
- Data Analytics Courses in New Jersey
How Do I Become a Data Analyst?
1. Take an introductory data analytics course – taking a short-term, introductory course in data analytics is a great way to find out if it is the right career path for you. There are several data analytics courses that are made for complete beginners, so you would not require any prior knowledge. The next section of this article will discuss data analytics courses in Lisbon, Portugal, however, there are a variety of completely online data analysis courses in Lisbon that you can do from anywhere in the world.
2. Pursue a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – Most jobs in data analytics will require you to hold a bachelor’s degree. Some universities are beginning to offer bachelor’s degrees in data analytics However, such bachelor’s degrees are not as commonplace yet, so if you cannot find a university where you live that provides a bachelor’s degree in data analytics, then you can choose any other degree that emphasizes critical thinking, numbers, and analytical skills. For example, a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or statistics would all be good choices for someone interested in becoming a data analyst.
3. Ensure that you have an understanding of the key skills required by a data analyst – To be a successful data analyst, you must have a working knowledge of the following skills and tools:
- Data analysis tools such as MatLab, Microsoft Excel, and IBM SPSS
- Statistics concepts such as hypothesis testing, regression analysis, and probability distributions
- Data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and QlikView
If your bachelor’s degree did not cover the aforementioned skills, then you can do additional data analysis courses in Lisbon to master them.
4. Apply for internships and entry-level roles – Using job boards such as LinkedIn, you can browse for entry-level roles or internship positions in data analytics.
5. Continue to keep your knowledge up to date – There are constantly new discoveries and developments in the field of data analytics. Keep up with the latest news and trends in data analytics so that you are aware of any new tools or technologies that you should familiarise yourself with to make yourself stand out from your peers and colleagues.
6. Pursue a Master’s Degree (Optional) – While pursuing a master’s degree in data analytics is optional, it could potentially make you more competitive for top data analytics positions. You could pursue a Master’s in Data Science, which will give you an in-depth understanding of advanced data analytics techniques and teach you about machine learning, statistical modeling, data management, etc. Another option is a Master’s in Business Analytics, which will focus more on all the skills you need to successfully utilize data analytics in business scenarios.
You may also want to check:
- Digital Marketing Courses in Australia
- Financial Modeling Courses in Australia
- Creative Writing Courses in Australia
- Business Analytics Courses in Australia
Top 4 Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon
There are a variety of data analytics courses in Lisbon. Here, we narrow it down to the top data analytics courses in Lisbon, based on the comprehensiveness of the curriculum, affordability, and flexibility.
Rank# 1. Data Analysis Courses in Lisbon
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS has the highest ratings for offering the best data analytics courses in Lisbon. Along with the Data Analytics Course, IIM SKILLS is also highly recommended as the best platform that has a wide range of professional & skill developing courses in different sectors.
All the courses offered by IIM SKILLS are online practical oriented. They have the best team of mentors who are highly efficient and specialize in their domain. With IIM SKILLS they assure 100% tool-oriented training that helps in building a professional learning experience.
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Data Analytics Course Review
IIM SKILLS has 24*7 helpline services for career guidance and support. The data analytics course with IIM SKILLS is a 6-month course with live training sessions and 2 months of unpaid optional internship which gives practical professional exposure.
The course fees are very minimal and at affordable cost. Also, the live recordings of every session are shared with every applicant on a regular basis. They also provide lifetime free access to their learning material.
Other Professional Courses With IIM SKILLS:
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
For More Information:
+919580740740, [email protected]
- Financial Modeling Courses in Sydney
- Financial Modeling Courses in Dublin
- Financial Modeling Courses in Kenya
- Investment Banking Courses in the UK
- Investment Banking Courses in Canada
- Investment Banking Courses in the Netherlands
Rank# 2. Data Analysis Courses in Lisbon
2. Ironhack Lisbon
Ironhack offers one of the best data analytics courses in Lisbon. Moreover, Ironhack also offers dedicated career support services. They have helped more than thousands of students to land their dream jobs. Ironhack’s alumni have gone on to work in well-known global companies such as Uber, Facebook, Mastercard, Deliveroo, and more.
The course can be completed in 9 weeks if you choose the full-time option, or 24 weeks if you choose the part-time option. The cost can be done in person at Ironhack’s Lisbon campus for a total of €650,000. There is also an option to do this same course online, however, it will cost more at €750,000.
This course will teach you all about data analytics and some of the basic tools and concepts you need to understand to be a data analyst including SQL, Python, Tableau, statistics, and more. It is split up into 4 different phases: Online prework, Module 1, Module 2, and Module 3. Below is a breakdown of the course structure:
- The online prework phase consists of 60 hours of material that will cover the fundamentals of statistics and programming. It will also cover the fundamentals of the command line, Python, Git, MySQL, and statistical analysis. You will also use Ironhack’s ‘Slack’ channel to get in touch with the academic staff and fellow students.
- Module 1 is titled ‘Introduction to Python’. Here you will be introduced to data wrangling/data cleaning, web scraping, and API. You will also learn Python, Git, and SQL at intermediate difficulty levels.
- Module 2 is titled ‘Advanced Data Analytics’. Here you will be taught how to use Python to understand probability and inferential statistics. You will also learn how to utilize Python for business intelligence purposes. This module also shows you how to effectively present the insights you derive from data analytics using engaging story-telling techniques. At this stage, you will be tasked with completing a data analytics project. For this project, you will be given real datasets and will have to process, clean, and visualize the data.
- Module 3 is titled ‘Get a handle on the fundamentals of machine learning’. In this final module, you will be introduced to the concept of machine learning. This module will cover supervised and unsupervised machine learning. Additionally, you will be taught the basics of popular machine-learning algorithms.
- You will also have the opportunity to build, train, and evaluate models using the machine-learning library known as Scikit-Learn. Finally, you will be tasked with creating an end-to-end machine learning project where you will have to process a dataset and create a model that can make predictions on new data.
Given how comprehensive and practical Ironhack’s data analytics courses in Lisbon are, it is easy to see why it is one of the best data analytics courses in Lisbon.
Rank# 3. Data Analysis Courses in Lisbon
3. Le Wagon Data Science Bootcamp
Le Wagon’s Data Science Bootcamp in Lisbon is a 9-week course that covers data analytics tool kits, machine learning, deep learning, decision science, statistics, and much more. The course is priced at €6,500. Before the course begins, you will be required to complete 40 hours of online prep work, where you will learn about basic commands in Git, Terminal, and OS. You will also learn the basic foundations of mathematics and Python. Here is a breakdown of the course structure:
- In Weeks 1 and 2, you will learn how to apply Python to data science. This includes extracting data from a relational database, working with a big data matrix, and learning how to construct visualizations. These first 2 weeks will also cover basic math concepts that are vital for data analysis such as linear algebra and statistics.
- Week 3 will focus on decision science. You will be taught how to derive valuable insights by dissecting statistical results based on hypothesis testing, multivariate regression models, and confidence intervals.
- Weeks 4 and 5 are all about machine learning. You will be taught how to execute the machine-learning workflow using Scikit-Learn, which is a machine-learning library. Both supervised and unsupervised machine learning will be covered.
- Week 6 covers deep learning. You will be taught about the architecture of neural networks as well as their parameters. Additionally, you will learn how to build your own neural networks. You will also learn how to make use of the latest open-source research to transfer and reuse learning. Week 6 will also include GPU training, autoencoders, and batch data processing pipelines.
- Week 7 is about machine learning engineering (MLOps). You will learn how to take the models that you have created and turn them into a Python package that can be replicated and trained on big data in the cloud by using online databases and virtual machines. You will be taught how to monitor the performance of your model as new data comes and retrain it when needed.
- Weeks 8 and 9 are the project phase. You will be put in groups of 3-4 people and tasked with working on a real data science project. You will be mentored by Le Wagon’s expert faculty to guide you through your project.
Apart from the comprehensive curriculum, what makes this course one of the best data analytics courses in Lisbon is its career week module. After the course is over, a career week will take place where you will get to meet data science experts working at large companies and startups.
Le Wagon has over 985 hiring partners and over 1000 alumni whom you will be able to connect with to aid in your job search. Le Wagon also offers data analytics courses in Lisbon in a part-time online format which takes 6 months to complete.
Rank# 4. Data Analysis Courses in Lisbon
4. Wild Code School
The Wild Code School offers a 3-month data science boot camp in Lisbon that costs €6000. Wild Code School’s Bootcamp was designed specifically to match the needs of the modern job market, which is what puts it amongst the best data analytics courses in Lisbon. This course covers data analytics skills from 4 key areas:
- Data collection – you will learn how to perform a database query using SQL and API REST. You will also be taught how to automate the collection of content on web pages and how to interpret JSON format. Additionally, you will be taught about the law known as General Data Protection Regulation.
- Data processing – this will involve the use of Python, NumPy arrays, and Pandas DataFrames. You will also learn how to write clean code and load it to GitHub.
- Modeling and presenting data – here you will learn about machine learning using Scikit-Learn, regression, and classification concepts. You will also learn how to visualize data using dashboards like PowerBI and Tableau.
- How to become a tech professional – this is a soft-skills module where you will learn how to create a professional portfolio for yourself, how to brand yourself online, how to communicate effectively, etc.
These are just a few of the top data analytics courses in Lisbon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is data analytics?
The process of analyzing data is to come up with meaningful insights and conclusions that can be used to assess and improve the performance of the system in question.
How much do data analysts earn in Lisbon, Portugal?
Between €14K to €37K.
Are there good data analytics courses in Lisbon, Portugal?
There are plenty of high-quality data analytics courses in Lisbon, Portugal.
It is clear that data analytics is the field of the future. If you are someone who is passionate about numbers and has strong critical thinking skills, then data analytics is definitely a viable career option for you. Expertise in data analytics opens up a variety of rewarding and lucrative career paths.