‘XLRI’ or Xavier School of Management is one of the best management schools in India. In fact, in accordance with the (NIRF) report for the years 2022 – 2023, the institute has been ranked in the 8th position among the top management colleges in the country. XLRI is best known for its business management courses and data analytical courses that help students with their career paths. Human Resource Management, Business Management, and General Management diploma courses are among the best courses that the institute offers but the institute is popularly known for both the online and offline programs since the institute provides intensive learning programs through training and practical learning.
The college even provides 100% placement assistance to the students. However, an aspirant must produce his/her XAT/GMA/GRE score in order to get admitted into this prestigious college in India. The recognition by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) allows both its online as well as offline certifications to hold equal and high value in comparison to certification programs of any other prestigious management colleges in India since the degree as well as the diploma certificates from XLRI enables students to outstand and shine in the corporate industry.
However taking up any one of the Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is an ideal option for students as well as working professionals because the syllabus for the data analytics courses at XLRI is designed to cover relevant topics like data analysis, data visualization, regression techniques, and supervised learning.
The basic, as well as the advanced features and techniques of data analytics, are covered in-depth via technically apt learning models that are well backed by live sessions and training programs that involve experienced and leading practitioners in the industry.
Top Data Analytical Courses in Xlri Are Discussed as Follows:
1. Advanced Post Graduate Certificate Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI
The advanced Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI serve as a foundation for understanding and learning the analytics basics. The course aims to impart the basics and traits of business analytics. The syllabus also covers the functional methodologies to utilize the learnings in the decision-making process for the business.
Prescriptive analytics, predictive analytics, and descriptive analytics are the three primary subfields of business analytics that are covered in this course. The training is provided through LIVE lectures using the online medium. The instructors at XLRI convey their knowledge through case studies, lectures, teamwork, projects, analytical practical exercises, term papers, and assignments, and the various concepts are clarified through examples taken from real-world situations.
Students have access to the Cloud Campus, where they may find additional study tools, tests, and other reference materials and projects, case studies, and assignments that shall help them with their course study. They have an option to contact the instructors at any moment of time to clarify their queries.
The advantages of the advanced postgraduate certificate business data analytics courses at XLRI are discussed as follows:
- The course can help analytics professionals in managerial understanding through data analysis.
- It is helpful for analytics professionals to become multi-functional.
- Experience real-life applications and uses of analytics across numerous fields and professions.
- Practical learning can help in working with applications such as Microsoft Excel, Python, Minitab, etc.
- The detailed course study can help attain a sound knowledge of Digital Media Analytics, Machine Learning, and Text Mining.
- The alumnae is entitled to high-valued certificates that hold immense importance in the corporate world.
The syllabus of the Extensive Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is as follows: –
- Business Analytics Tools
- Introducing R
- Introducing Python
- MS Excel (Spreadsheet) modeling & Power BI
- Descriptive Statistics and Data Visualization
Multiple charts, graphs, and foundational statistical processes consisting of data properties are included as a part of data visualization.
- Statistics for Data Science
- Thesis Testing
- Discriminatory Analysis
- Element Analysis
- Fundamental Part analysis and more
- Regression Techniques
- Linear Regressions Model
- Separate Option Models
- Logistic Regressions
- Quantile Logistic Regressions
- Probit Regressions
- Data Mining
- Life Cycle of Data Analytics
- Abnormality Detection
- Interconnection Rule Learning
- Reliance Modelling
- Meta Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- Several-layer Perceptron (SLP)
- Help Vector Machines (HVM)
- Closest Neighbour Algorithms (KCN)
- Introducing (AI) Deep learning and Artificial intelligence
- Text Mining
- Information Recovery
- Lexical Examination
- Pattern Identification
- Information Extrication
- Natural Language Analysing (NLP)
- Analytics Applications (Including a variety of uses in the below-mentioned domains)
- Supply Chain Management
- Digital Media Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics through Simulation and Optimization
- LP Simplex
- Evolutionary GRG and GRG using Excel Solver
- Business Prediction
- Demand Predicting and Management
- Uses of Time Series Models
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Management in the Era of Big Data
- Theory of Hadoop
- Data Stream Analytics
- Advice System etc
Eligibility for Enrollment into the Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI
- Working and experienced professionals in the fields of e-commerce, IT services, marketing, big data, and research can enroll in the data analytics courses at XLRI. However one can even enroll with an intention to learn about modern, important, and applicable business analytics areas and benefit from the course study and learnings.
- Business analysts can take up a data analytics course in XLRI to learn and understand in-depth lessons on methods, concepts, and the various tools used in data analysis and data management
- Project managers, functional managers, or businessmen can also enroll in the professional study program to learn and manage the intricate database.
The Admission Eligibility in the Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is as follows:-
- Students must have mathematics or statistics as one of the subjects in Class 12 or graduate with at least 50% marks.
- For Indian Students one must have a degree in the Bachelors in Engineering or an aspirant could be a graduate in Science, Business Commerce, or even Computers. However, the certificate must be from a recognized university
- For Foreign Students one must have graduated or must be entitled to an equivalent degree from an accredited university or institute in their own country.
- The aspirant must have a working experience of at least one year in the field of analytics to be able to be a part of the institute.
- The admission process includes steps such as evaluating the applicant’s academic records, employment history, and Statements of Purpose (SOP).
2. Course Name – Executive Diploma Program (EDP) in Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI for Managers
The advanced EDP in Business Data Analytics Course in XLRI can be helpful for the managers to acquire the knowledge and skill set that shall help in recognizing the potential business benefits of using artificial intelligence and data science. The course study is designed to help them understand the concepts and apply them in decision-making processes for management. The syllabus is designed to comprehend, utilize, and understand the data of the organizations.
Therefore the benefits of the EDP in Business Data Analytics Course in XLRI are discussed as following:
- The course study is helpful in the identification of the profit-making areas in an organization that could be utilized.
- The aspirants can benefit from the development of managerial understanding regarding the techniques and tools used in the fields of AI, data science, and analytics.
- One can learn and acquire knowledge to build up skills for data analytics management of the company.
- Assistance to the organization in building an analytics team that shall work towards the creation of a data-driven company.
- The course study could be even helpful in accessing the financial investment decisions for analytics projects in the companies.
- The syllabus covered is designed in order to help managers and businessmen develop skill sets and develop management decision-making.
The Syllabus of the Advanced EDP in Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is as Follows:-
- The syllabus for the EDP in Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is simplified and subdivided into modules for the purpose of convenience. The various modules are discussed as under:
Module 1 – Analytics as Strategic Lever
- Data literacy and Data in organizations
- Forms of analytics – prescriptive, predictive, and descriptive
- Employ cases of Analytics – The presentation
- Bad and good Analytics
- Building a thesis for the company’s decision-making
- Restriction of analytics – Where intuition still gains
- Case Study – Reading Harvard article on “Art of Persuasion and Data Science”
Module 2 – Reviewing Statistics for Managers
- Explaining and introducing data
- Utilizing central tendency measures while calculating business metrics
- Probability and its uses in business
- Sampling theses and their uses in business
- Thesis examination, employ cases in business
- Examination of variance, employ cases in business
- Regression and correlation employ cases in business
Module 3 – Decision-making through Machine Learning Algorithms and algorithms
- Major forms of algorithms
- Classification of algorithms
- Aggregating algorithms – Theory and employ cases
- Designing a recommender system
Module 4 – Microsoft Excel Modeling for Business Decisions
- Modeling method of decision-making
- Linear Programming method to solve business problems, for example
- Make-Buying decision
- Investing decision
- Blend issue
- Producing and inventory planning issue
- Numerous-period cash flow issue
- Delicate Examination and Simplex Process
Module 5 – Technology & Data Warehousing
- Querying and Data management
- Data extrication, conversion, and loading techniques
- The foundation of data warehouse
- Summary of the technology stack to assist analytics
- Module 6 – Digital Media Analytics
- Advantages and scope of digital media analytics
- Forms of Digital Media Analytics
- Consumer insights through mobile and web application analytics
- Social media analytics
- The gist of sentiment examination and Text mining
- Online reputation management
Must check here the other best data analytics courses:
- Online Data Analytics Courses
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Data Analytics Courses in Delhi
- Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
- Data Analytics Courses in Pune
- Data Analytics Courses in Gurgaon
Module 6 – Big Data
- Comprehending Big Data
- Comprehending the use of Big Data
- Big Data use tools – MapReduce, Hadoop
- Taking advantage of Big Data for business decision-making
- Examples from Google, Google & Facebook
Module 7 – Use of Reinforcement Learning and Deep Learning in Decision Making for managerial purpose
- Foundation of Deep Learning
- Deep, Contortion, and Recurring Neural Network – Theory
- Employ cases of Deep Learning in various industry verticals
- Foundation of Augmented Learning
- Employ cases of Augmented Learning in the industry
- Module 9 – Data Visualizing and Story-telling
- The technique of story-telling with the help of data
- Data visualizing – use and concept
- Employing self-service data visualizing tools (for example Tableau) to produce dashboards and management reports
- Visualization of data with the help of info-graphics
- Assessing a report on analytics
Module 8– Handling a Gigantic-Scale Data Science Assignment
- Data Science project management technique and administration
- Use of Agile
- Handling organizational transformation
- Building and controlling a data science project contract
Module 9 – Building a Business Case for Analytics Assignment
- When is it appropriate to invest in data science and when is it not?
- Recognizing and calculating the advantages of data science for a company
- Forecasting investments in a data science Assignment
- Calculating the return on investment for a data science assignment
Module 10: Building a Data-Propelled Company
- New organization duties and administration for a data-propelled company
- Hiring and maintaining the talent pool for data science
- Building up a data team
- Vendor eco-system for data science services
Module 11 – Data Confidentiality and Trust
- The ethical issue of data confidentiality and trust within Analytics
- Techniques to conserve the confidentiality of delicate data
- Legal problems with data confidentiality
- Latest case studies
Module 12 – Capstone Project
The Capstone Project for the EDP Business Data Analytics Course in XLRI is a practical training approach that dictates that the student shall be given instructions and assistance for completing a capstone project as fieldwork in the industry of their choice. The module aims towards the implication of all the learnings that have been imparted to students in the rest of the modules and their studies
The goal of the advanced EDP in Business Data Analytics Courses at XLRI is to allow mid and senior managers to learn the skills in order to recognize the potential profitability of the business by utilizing artificial intelligence and data science so that the business can benefit in decision-making for management and the organization can earn profits and stability.
However, the ambitious goal for the development of skill sets and decision-making abilities could be achieved with the help of training programs that include various learnings and training in the form of assignment work, lectures, case studies, and workshops. However, the course also helps the students learn to work in a team so that they can learn the traits of a team worker and work under extreme situations.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What is the role of a data analyst?
A data analyst’s primary objective is to collect and interpret the data for an organization. However, the role and job responsibilities of a data analyst are much more as he is required to apply the various tools and techniques for data identification, collection, and data visualization.
However, the various job responsibilities of a data analyst are listed as follows:
- Data mining
- Maintenance of databases
- Preparation of data
- Assurance of data quality
- Collaboration with other teams
- Safeguarding the privacy of data
- Preparation of reports
Q2. What are the different skills needed to become a data analyst?
The major skills that a data analyst must have are discussed as follows:
1: Data Cleaning and Preparation
The process of data cleaning implies retrieving data from one or more sources to prepare numerical and categorical analyses. Data cleaning also involves resolving missing and inconsistent data that may affect analysis.
2: Data Analysis and Exploration
Data analysis involves analyzing the relevant data to develop an answer to the queries related to business affairs. Data exploration implies searching for interesting trends or relationships/connections in the data that could add value to a business.
3: Statistical Knowledge
Probability and statistics are the most important data analyst skills and this knowledge can guide data analysts in exploration. It can also help in deciphering the data. Statistical know-how is also helpful in eliminating logical errors.
4: Creating Data Visualizations
Data visualizations help in clarifying the data trends and patterns. Visualization is helpful in the interpretation of spreadsheets and graphical representations that can be utilized to make important business decisions. Thus, data visualization can be helpful in creating clean, visually compelling charts that will help others understand discoveries and create simplified spreadsheets that could be used by any stakeholder.
5: Creating Dashboards and Reports
Building dashboards and detailed reports is one of the key responsibilities of a data analyst so that the simplified data can be utilized by other stakeholders in the interest of the organization. Therefore simplified tables and charts and interactive data points could be included in a spreadsheet in order to create a detailed report.
6: Writing and Communication
The ability to communicate in multiple formats is one of the most significant data analyst skills. Therefore communicative skills will help one succeed in any data analytics role.
7: Domain Knowledge
Domain knowledge is understanding subjects and data that are specific to the industry and company. The main object of domain knowledge is to construct a base for the rest of the employees of the organization to utilize and interpret important information or data and make important decisions that could be made in the interest of the organization.
A data analyst’s major objective is to create and interpret important data and produce them in the form of simplified spreadsheets to allow other stakeholders to work on the details so that important decisions can be taken in the company’s interest.
Q3. What are the differences between the two business data analytics programs that are being provided by XLRI?
The PGC course covers the processes and details of business analytics and techniques and methods to employ the relevant details for important decision-making practices for a business. However, the EDP in business analytics program is helpful for comprehending, utilizing, and understanding the data that could be used inside an organization for making important decisions in the interest of the organization.
Q4. What is the duration of both courses?
The PGC course is for one year duration but the EDP programme lasts seven months.
Q5. What is the fee structure for the PGC and EDP programs and data analytics courses at XLRI?
The fee structure for individual courses differs. However, the fee for education at XLRI is affordable as the students can apply for education loans since all banks would agree to finance the student’s course fee that he can repay once absorbed by a decent firm. The banks are well aware of the ranking and placement provisions at XLRI and therefore granting an educational loan to any aspirant is a safe bet for the financial institution.
A student shall experience the best training and learning programs for data analytics courses since Xavier School of Management is one of the best institutes in India. It is a private business school that was established in year 1949 and is managed by the Jesuits – (Society of Jesus) in the city of Jamshedpur, Jharkhand therefore the administration is determined to continuously work towards providing and improvising the study programs they offer. Hence, Outlook India announced XLRI to be the best private MBA Institutes in the year 2020 and it was ranked 8th among the other top management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2022 based on the professional services the college offers.
However, the institute has managed to maintain the same position in the year 2023. The sound training programs and strong placement cells that could support the students are the major facilities that are unmatchable. It is best known for the PGDM and data analytics courses because of its valuable and effective experience that is helpful for the students. It offers a 15-month full-time residential PGDM in General Management Program known as PGDM.
This is a three-year Postgraduate Diploma course in Business Management (PGDBM) that is most suitable for working executives. Such students can also opt for a Fellowship Diploma in Management (FDPM). XLRI is also known for offering various short-term management development programs that are helpful for aspirants in their careers.
However, the Advanced Post Graduate Certificate Business Data Analytics Courses and the Executive Diploma Program (EDP) in Business Data Analytics Courses for Managers are some of the best courses that the institute offers. The data analytics courses at XLRI not only help students with the educational learnings but the training programs are designed to help students gain maximum knowledge that helps them develop personal skills that shall help in the development of one’s practical knowledge and self-confidence.
Therefore it is advisable for aspirants to take up any data analytics course in XLRI in case one is interested in picking data analytics as a career option since the certification holds a lot of value and the brand value is helpful for the students to look out for decent opportunities.