Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
Do you have a knack for skillfully explaining complex things? Can you help people understand difficult or technical stuff easily? Then enter the field of Technical Writing. Choose the top Technical Writing Courses in Dubai to gain fundamental techniques that will help you become a successful technical writer. No matter how brilliant an idea is, if it’s not conveyed properly and clearly, its value will never be realized. Technical Writing is in demand nowadays. You can secure a high-profile job by adding a certificate to your resume which makes you more qualified in the eyes of employers.
What is Technical Writing?
Any writing related to technical information is called Technical Writing. It includes dealing with the preparation of technical handbooks and manuals, instructional materials, software manuals, etc. This style of writing has various characteristics than other styles of writing like academic writing, business writing, and creative writing.
The writers are expected to write clearly, know their audience, do extensive research and use a non-personal style. Technical writing courses in Dubai teach you how to write instructions, explanations, or directions on a particular subject.
Why Do We Need a Professional Course for Technical Writing in Dubai?
Technical Writing is much more than the ability to write. There are various skills required to prepare presentations, documentation, reports, etc. Like excellent language skills, standard tools knowledge, good writing, illustrative skills, etc.
A technical writer is expected to have technology-related knowledge and accuracy in following rules and formatting. You require guidance to master these skills irrespective of the graduating stream and must do a professional technical writing course to build a successful career.
Is it Worth Time and Money to Take Technical Writing Courses in Dubai?
Yes, employers have always preferred resumes that are enlisted with qualified certifications in writing courses, writing skills, and business writing. Certificates make you stand out more and give you a high chance of securing a job. They make more qualified and skillful than the rest of the crowd
Technical writing is a highly valuable course and skill. It is useful for tech-related businesses, for scientists and engineers to communicate or translate their technical knowledge, and for full-time writers.
It is a rewarding career as a monetary reward and job satisfaction go hand-in-hand. One of the major benefits here is that you need not be from a technical background to become a technical writer. The resumes come from different backgrounds like different professions, different education, etc., still, you can enter the tech writing field.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Dubai
Job Role of a Technical Writer
Technical writers require skills for developing products manuals, help sections of websites, technical articles, and journals, guides, step-by-step instructions, directions, explanations, etc. Any work that is related to simplifying technical information in easy, clear, and well-understood language.
Not every industry requires a tech department, however, most of them do. It is not just about understanding technical information and creating it in a document. It requires high-level information and then processes it for an audience with digestible content.
Technical writers are supposed to be well understood and well communicated to write technical aspects in a user-friendly language. They act as translators to provide users with the necessary information that will resonate the best with the technical background.
The digital platform requires a technical writer to create educational materials and documentation like API developer guide, integration guide, system operations, in-platform instruction, configuration/ installation instruction, etc.
Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
Rank #1 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is the best education provider in India that offers various great courses. This esteem online-based institution has trained over 15,000 students in Technical Writing. It is recognized by the MSME Government of India and provides excellent educational knowledge to students.
You can maintain a competitive edge by joining this course and mastering the skill set to translate complex technical language into reader-friendly documentation. The experts will mentor you and share tips and techniques that will help you overcome the challenges of understanding difficult technical information. It is among the best Technical Writing Courses in Dubai.
- 5 Weeks of Live Online Training
- 20 Hours of Lectures
- 60+ Hours of Practical Assignments
- Software Tools
- Dedicated Placement Cell
- Internship Opportunities
- Course Material in Alignment with Google
- 1 Month of Guaranteed Internship
- Publish First White Paper
- Freelance/ Job Portfolio Development
- Technical & Consulting Lifetime Support
- Publish Book chapter / Scholarly Article
- Publishing First Technical Blog with the Times of India
- Interactive sessions
- Flexible scheduling
- Exceptional faculty
- Learning resources
- Additional Perks
- Free backup classes
- Free interview preparation
- Free support beyond training
- Free job referrals
Tools to be Mastered:
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- Word, Canva & PowerPoint
- XML, DITA, API Documentation
- Spotlight Swagger
- How to write
- Creating your content
- White Journals/Papers
- Technical Reports
- DDLC & Versioning
- Conversational Writing
- User Manuals & Data Sheets
- Reviewing & Publishing
- Scientific Research
- API Documentation using the XML
- Medical Writing & Effective Writing
- Case Studies & Application notes from Texas
Who Else Can Take This Course:
- Content Writers
- Marketing Executives
- Hardware Engineers
- Technical Documentation Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Configuration and Control Engineers
- Existing Technical Writers
- Design /Development Engineers
- Any graduate with an aptitude for writing and technology
- Basic knowledge of the internet
- Good communication and language skills
Course Name: Technical Writing Course
- 20 hours of Lectures
- 60 hours of Practical Assignments
- 5 weeks of Live Technical Writing Master Course
- 1 month of Guaranteed Internship
Fees: 717.78 United Arab Emirates Dirham + GST
8th Floor, H B Twin Tower,
near Max Hospital Building,
Pitampura, New Delhi-110034
Rank #2 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
2. University of Dubai
The University of Dubai is an educational institute that offers learning courses that enhances professional abilities. All the courses are approved by KHDA- Knowledge and Human Development Authority, Government of Dubai. Certification from the Government of Dubai is counted as a bonus which is why it is one of the good Technical Writing Courses in Dubai.
The course will teach many fundamental techniques to build a good career that helps you in translating complex information into easy language. The skillsets you will learn here are:
- Interviewing skills
- Technical writing conventions
- Management of documentation
- Techniques for formatting & publishing desktop
- Key tips for developing graphics & templates
- How to publish documents on paper & electronically
- Overview of Technical Writing
- Preparing to Write
- Format Documents
- Gather Information
- Writing Skills
- Tech Writing Conventions
- Create Indexes
- Paragraph Styles in Microsoft Word
- Editing & Proofreading
- Document Templates
- Publish Your Document
- Any graduate with basic internet knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Interest in technology
Course Name: Fundamentals of Technical Writing
Duration & Fees:
- 6 weeks
- $115.00 (₹ 8,675.57)
- 3 months
- $115.00 (₹ 8,676)
- Monday to Thursday- 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday- 8:30am – 12:00 am
- Closed on Saturday & Sunday
Dubai- ARE AE
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in the Philippines
Rank #3 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
3. Smart Management
Smart Management is a UK-based training provider that specializes in providing high-quality development opportunities and training across UAE, GCC, and Africa. It is an international consultancy and training firm that delivers quality courses to various sectors like sales, human resources, IT, finance, audit, etc.
They have trained thousands of personnel from different backgrounds through their interactive courses that include customized in-house and public courses. This gives you flexibility in time, budget, and level of expertise. They use various methodologies and technologies to upgrade and improve their courses. It is one of the many technical writing courses in Dubai that you can consider.
This learning program is designed for the professionals who produce technical documents at their work like engineers, technical professionals, etc. Participants will learn how to express complicated material with conciseness and clarity.
Participants will be able to do the following by the end of this course:
- Distinguishes technical writing tasks from the ones in other professions
- Logically organize the information
- Transform complex language into an understandable and readable one
- Make easy to follow sentences no matter how complex the subject is
- Technical Writing Introduction
- Structure of Technical Writing
- The Steps & Process of Technical Writing
- Effective Technical Writing Characteristics
- Presentation Skills of Technical Writing
- Any person with technical knowledge
- Anyone who writes technical documents
Course Name: Technical Business Writing Skills
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Rank #4 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
Udemy is a well-known online learning portal that offers both free and paid classes. It’s also referred to as an e-learning portal. Professionals and experts create informative video lectures for students to watch and re-listen to crucial teachings at their leisure.
With the evolving technical writing career, professionals require the latest core activities to excel in this field. These courses are for people who already have some technical experience and want to extend their knowledge. These are short videos that contain beneficial information and are taught by experienced experts.
- Somebody who has some experience with technical writing
- Certain technical knowledge is required to do these courses
Various Course Names, Duration & Fees:
1. API: JSON and XML
- 5 hours
- 16 lectures
2. C# Developers:
- 3.5 hours
- 20 lectures
3. Business Writing & Technical Writing Immersion
- 4.5 hours
- 38 lectures
4. API 2: REST for Writers 2 hours
- 21 lectures
5. Technical Writing: How to Write Software Documentation
- 13 hours
- 160 lectures
6. Technical Writing: Master Your Writing Career
- 5 hours
- 60 lectures
7. Professional Technical Writing: Advance Your Writing Skills
- 17 hours
- 110 lectures
8. Markdown Mastery: Simple yet Powerful Writing Format
- 1 hour
- 29 lectures
9. Technical Writing: How to Write Using DITA XML
- 5 hours
- 173 lectures
10. API Software Documentation
- 5 hours
- 40 lectures
There are various courses apart from above mentioned.
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in Bangladesh
Rank #5 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai
5. Google Developers
Google Developers provides free courses to learn various skills. It takes years of practice to become a great technical writer and their courses will not instantly transform you into one but will surely help you to quite an extent. You will learn the fundamentals of technical writing and how to plan, author, and write much clearer documentation.
- Pre-class – It includes components that introduce topics and provides a valuable experience.
- In-class – These components help students to practice and integrate those topics and enhance the lessons that are taught in pre-class.
- Only the Technical Writing One course is mentioned here. If you are a technical person and want to improve your technical communication skills then you can also go through Technical Writing Two course.
- Enough Grammar
- Active Voice
- Clear and short sentences
- Table and Lists
- And Summary
- A little proficiency in writing but need not be a strong writer
- Software engineers
- Students of computer science
- Product managers
- Pre-class – 2 hours
- In-class – 2 to 2.5 hours
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the average salary of a technical writer in Dubai?
Salary for technical writers varies from the city, organization/ company, sector, etc. According to Payscale, the average salary in Dubai is AED 95,865 (₹19,68,957). A person with 1 year to 4 years of experience can earn AED 26,500 (₹5,44,280). A person with an experience of 5 years to 9 years can earn AED 1,02,263 (₹2100365). Technical Writing Courses in Dubai can help you achieve these salary goals and get a high-profile job.
2. Is it important to get a technical writing certificate or degree?
There is no harm in gaining extra knowledge and mastering a particular field. Technical writing jobs do not require a degree or certificate. It is not mandatory to do a course in this field. If you do not have the time or circumstance to get a professional course, then it is alright. You need not worry about it. However, a certified technical writer has a benefit due to the extensive technical knowledge and skillset. Having a professional degree or certificate acts as a bonus as it gives many tips and techniques to ease your work. Therefore, taking a course pr not depends on how well you can write technical stuff. If you think you are good enough then may not require it but if you feel the need to polish your skills then go ahead with it.
3. Can I get a technical writing job without experience?
Being skillful will take you to your dream job. You can get a job whether you have naturally inherited a technical style of writing or have an interest in writing technical stuff. Start writing your articles that are technical in nature. You should be able to translate complex concepts in easy language, use advanced tools and exhibit organizational qualities. You can start writing user guides and simple instructions and get them printed or put them online. Apply for a job and show them your work, your skills, and how you have done it. Send a link in case they want to see your writing style. A portfolio plays an important role as it showcases your writing abilities. Writing instructions, manuals, user guides, directions, and explanations are some examples.
4. Can you become a good technical writer without having technical background?
Coming from technical background can help in certain ways. Although, there is no compulsion for a technical writer to have such a background. You can still manage to be a good employee or a freelancer if you have skills and knowledge. It is all about the learning experience and how you can deal with problems naturally. Organizational skills, meeting deadlines, corporation, experience, latest tools, etc. also affect the technical writing profession. Your chance of becoming a good technical writer may increase if you possess some qualities. Like writing, language, tech-savvy, working with designs, layouts, visuals, technical information, etc.
5. How will I get a job after completing a technical writing course?
Give a boost to your visibility on your social profiles, website and attract potential employers:
- Display your course certificate on various social profiles like LinkedIn, etc.
- Post whatever work you have done including testimonials like internships
- Show your technical writing on guides, videos, manuals, tutorials, etc.
- Create your website and start writing technical blogs
- Share your blogs on different digital platforms and social media platforms
- Strengthen knowledge regarding technical writing tools, applications, and software
- Build career opportunities by attracting IT companies by writing in-demand-topics like technical communication and subjects around it
- Research about the companies you want to work with and obtain information regarding their work culture, clients, ethics, projects, and career growth and development
- Remain updated with the latest and newest developments in the technical writing sector
- Keep your articles, blogs, and website up-to-date and in sync with the technical writing sector
- Start making cover letters for the companies you want to apply for
- Create a compelling and crisp resume and tailor it to the company’s need
3 thoughts on “Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Dubai”
Hello, I’m a life insurance agent who has been in the business for a long. I’d like to start writing on the side to market my business by writing about my thoughts. My plan is to publish monthly articles that address many of the common concerns individuals have about life insurance. I don’t want to employ traditional, out-of-date advertising strategies since I believe they are becoming obsolete. If the information you learn to write is distinctive, I believe technical writing classes in Dubai might be a terrific method to sell your business. I intend to enrol in a course as soon as possible.
i’m the proprietor of a small café in Dubai. Now i might like study a brand new ability to have facet profits. Is technical writing going to help me with this? furthermore, the internships offered by means of many institutes are attainable while working full-time in my business.
I’m interested in content writing, however I work in an international help centre and work night shifts or rotational shifts, so I don’t have much free time. Could you suggest me in the direction of a Technical writing courses in Dubai ? Please do not propose the normal online courses from renowned schools that provide recorded videos because there is no way for me to ask questions and I struggle with self-study. The academy I wish to attend should be legitimate, offer high-quality training at a fair price, and help me find work. I’m also open to doing part-time internships.