Are you willing to get started with your Investment Banking journey, but not sure which course to settle for? Well, this might just be what you were looking for. Investment banking has been a popular course in recent years, and students pursuing the course are guaranteed a promising future. An Investment banking certification from a recognized institution can help you showcase your qualifications. In this article, we have picked two leading companies providing investment banking courses and analysed them. Read on to discover more about IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course.
Before we get started, let us understand what is the meaning of Investment Banking.
Investment Banking – Introduction
Managing your finances on your own can be complex and burdensome, Investment banking helps to ease that. The primary functions of an investment bank include managing finances and raising capital on behalf of its investors. They play a big role in the financial systems and are committed to helping clients with complex financial transactions.
There are a variety of services that investment bankers offer including Underwriting, where the bank takes risks of purchasing bonds or stocks and acquiring a buyer. Investment banks also aid in buying or selling companies and identifying potential targets through Mergers and Acquisitions. Investment banks make it possible for investors to manage their portfolios, and trade securities with full safety.
- IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Grant Thornton Investment Banking Course Review
- Investment Banking Institutes
- Investment Banking Courses In India
- Investment Banking Courses Online In India
- Investment Banking Training Program
- Investment Banking Courses in Malaysia
- Investment Banking Courses in the UK
- Investment Banking Courses in Canada
- Investment Banking Courses in the USA
IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Review
1. IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course- Introduction of the Institute
IIM Skills provides a wide range of online courses including Content Writing, Social Media Marketing, Business Accounting and Taxation, Search Engine Optimization and more. Investment Banking Course is one of the popular course options and is kept updated with the latest knowledge, like their other courses.
The Ed-tech company, established in 2015, has managed to earn a good reputation through their high-quality interactive live classes and a chance to let each learner learn at their own pace. They have served over 35,000 students not only in their home country India, but also 35+ other countries. The courses are affordable and relevant to the current industry trends.
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Investment Banking Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Data Analytics Course
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
The Indian Institute of Management Indore, also known as IIM Indore, has provided its courses since 1996 and is the sixth Indian Institute of Management after IIM Calcutta. It is a private autonomous institute that earned the Triple Accreditation by getting global recognition thrice.
The institute has an educational approach that allows an all-round development of its graduates and plays a role in building them up to become competent future leaders. The students are taught to have a clear mindset alongside their functional expertise and industry experience.
- Investment Banking Business Models
- IIM Skills vs Praxis Business School Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills vs Coursera Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Udemy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. UpGrad Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Digital Marketing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Henry Harvin Content Writing Course Review
2. IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Overview of the Course
The Certified Investment Banking course includes the following:
- Qualified Instructor-led courses are provided to the students.
- A total of 70+ hours of lecture is given to the students, including over 50 hours of training and 20 hours of doubt-clearing classes.
- Students can work on over 100 hours of practical assignments, and case studies that give real-world experience.
- The internship is guaranteed to every student so that they get work experience.
- Full placement support is given to the student after completion of the course.
- Students are provided with useful tips on LinkedIn profile building.
- Some classes are added to prepare students for Mock Interviews.
- Students graduating with this course are likely to get hired at TCS, Accenture, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and more.
The Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking includes the following:
- The course is designed in a way to provide professionals with adequate knowledge of the subject.
- The course aims to deliver important areas of investment banking like Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisitions and Investment advisory services.
- Some Tools and Techniques are covered as they amend the risk-return framework across various asset classes.
- The programme is updated to include up-to-date knowledge and skills in the field of investment banking.
- It is designed effectively to prepare commerce as well as non-commerce students for specialised jobs in the field of Investment banking or Finance.
- Students taking this course are likely to benefit from its practical case studies and real-world uses of finance.
A Must Read,
- IIM SKILLS vs. Simplilearn Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. Learnbay Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Edvancer Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs TCS iON Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM Skills Technical Writing Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs NPTEL Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. IIM Calcutta Data Analytics Course Review
3. IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Features of the Course
- The course is delivered online, thus it gives you access to its resources anytime and anywhere without hassle.
- The sessions are very interactive, students are encouraged to participate or ask questions, so that can completely immerse themselves in learning.
- The schedule is made flexible to allow you to get time to yourself. Weekday or Weekend batches are provided to fit everyone’s agenda.
- The faculty consists of highly qualified professionals, each experienced in their fields.
- Resources are kept relevant to the course curriculum and access to all resources and study material is available through their LMS.
- An Investment banking certification is offered to students upon completion of the course and achieving a score of 50 percentiles on the examination.
- Industry leaders have crafted the course to make it comprehensive and optimal in terms of knowledge and information about the investment banking domain.
- Internships are provided to help you accumulate authentic experiences, along with it the institution takes the initiative to connect students with potential employers.
- The instructions are provided with a mix of lectures, project work, case study discussions, term papers and assignments.
- Through timely assessments, the performance of students is monitored. Their mind is kept engaged with assignments, quizzes and tests.
- Every student partaking in examinations is required to score a minimum grade, which will be decided by the institute.
- Courses are delivered through the online platform and the institution uses broad-band-based technology involving two-way video and audio communication.
- The institution provides certain student privileges. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be made eligible for the Executive Education Alumni Status of IIM Indore.
IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Eligibility
The Eligibility criteria here are the following:
- Students should have a diploma or Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) or Master’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate in all years.
- A minimum work experience is required for 2 years before joining the course.
The Eligibility criteria consist of the following:
- It is preferred that a student has a bachelor’s degree in BBA, commerce or any related field.
- The student must be highly motivated and ready to work in the investment banking industry.
- It is preferred that the students do some basic research on finance and statistics.
- Other than that any student who is keen on understanding the investment banking industry may join.
4. IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Fees & Duration
The Overall fee for the Certified Investment Banking Course is 39,900 + an extra 18% GST. The price includes certification fees and exam fees for the course. The duration of the course is 3 months (approx 90 days).
The total fee for the postgraduate programme in Investment banking is 4,79,100 INR with an additional 18% GST and bank charges of 7,100 INR. The duration is for 12 months.
5. IIM SKILLS vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course – Curriculum Overview
There are a total of 8 modules in this course.
Module 1 (4-6 hours)
- It introduces the concept of MS PowerPoint and helps in understanding the Ribbon.
- You’ll be learning important keyboard shortcuts alongside the creation, management and designing of slides.
- All slides can have animations and transitions and use different themes and colour schemes.
- You’ll learn the technique of inserting important links, or pictures when preparing a slide for presentation.
- Different kinds of graphs like bar graphs, line charts, combo charts, pie charts, scatter plots, histograms, and stacked column charts, are taught.
Module 2 (8 hours)
- In this module, you are introduced to MS Excel and understand the Ribbon.
- You are made aware of functions like Vlookup, Hlookup, Match, Index, and SumIfs along with the rules of formatting font and numbers.
- Common concepts like freezing of cells, rows, and columns are covered and other things like Data validation, sorting, and filtering using Excel functions are included.
- You are introduced to Macros, Sparklines, Sensitivity analysis, Dynamic dashboards and presenting data through Pivot tables.
- Different types of charts and graphs can also be created in MS Excel like Pie charts, Waterfall, Scatter plots, Histograms etc.
- Text-to-column functions are taught like Flash Fill and Delimit and you are given a chance to explore Interactive calculations and circular referencing.
Module 3 (4-5 hours)
- Through Fundamentals of Financial System and Market, you get the basics, the different kinds like Primary, Secondary and Capital money markets, and market participants and regulators.
- It deals with stock exchanges and financial centres and covers the differences between Over-the-counter/ Exchange trade securities.
- There are types of shares that students are taught about. A general understanding is formed of Long and Short positions including Short sales.
- Other important concepts like Depository receipts, Quotes and trades, Forex and its features are included in the curriculum.
Module 4 (2-3 hours)
- In this, the focus is on Derivatives, and other concepts like futures, forwards and options.
- You will get to understand the long and short positions and there will be a discussion of Call and Put options.
- You will gain insight into types of payoffs and pricing in the Derivative market alongside learning about the concept of swap and its types, Hedging and Speculation and an overview of credit default swaps.
Module 5 (3-4 hours)
- You are not just given the overview of investment banking, but roles, and types of investment banks like Bulge bracket, Mid-market and Boutique.
- You’ll be able to differentiate between merchant banks, investment banks and commercial banks.
- The meaning of buy-side and sell-side of business is made clear and the instructions include concepts like Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Venture, Spinoff and Capital Raise.
- There are two types of mergers Vertical and Horizontal.
- The concept of Due Diligence is taught in detail and you’ll learn the different types/ funding stages like Seed Round, Multiple series, Initial Public Offering (IPO) and Private placements.
- Other subpoints under it include the concept of Underwriting, the building approach and an Overview of the Greenshoe option.
- Lastly, an understanding of the Corporate restructuring and turnaround is added, while there are discussions on Tender Offers, Earnouts, Leveraged Buyouts etc.
Module 6 (6-8 hours)
- In this segment, the lectures are detailed and the subpoints include Buyers’ List / Investors’ List, Non-Disclosure Agreement and Pitchbook or Pitch deck.
- Other than those you can learn about Teaser, Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) and Financial Models.
Module 7 (8 hours)
- While teaching the techniques of Financial Modeling, you are introduced to the structure of financial models and creating scenarios with the help of an Index or Scenario Manager.
- You’ll be enlighted on Projecting or Forecasting financial statements like BS, IS and CFS.
- You are instructed on details on revenue and cost drivers for various business types, including the Real-estate, E-commerce, utility, Business services, Automobiles, Food aggregators, Subscription-based firms and Conglomerate businesses.
- You’ll also be prepared on various schedules including Depreciation, Equity, Debt, Working Capital and Fixed assets.
- The best financial modelling practices and error-tracking tricks are updated and included in the course.
- Some key formatting tips like the Print Setup approach are taught for better presentation.
- Moreover, a Cover page, Index, Financial Summary and a few other key tabs are added.
Module 8 (4 hours)
- Under Relative Valuation – Trading and Transaction Comps, you can learn to differentiate between GPC and GTM.
- Get to know the differences between Deal Value, Offer Value and Transaction Value.
- The Criteria to screen peers along with Valuation multiples, calculation of Enterprise value using Equity value and other components etc
- You are aware of the ideal periods to focus on including the last twelve months, the next twelve months, historical years and projected years.
- For the DCF Valuation, you’ll understand and calculate FCFF and FCFE, and work on related concepts of NOPAT, change in working capital and more.
- Get knowledge on WACC using calculations for cost components and concepts of different risks with their inclusion for valuation purposes. (ERP, CRP, SSRP)
- You will use different ways of calculating Beta alongside concepts of Leveraged and Unleveraged Beta.
- The terminal value is predicted using approaches like the Gordon Growth Model, Exit Multiple Method and H Model. Also, learn about Mid-period valuations and Sensitivity tables.
- The module also includes the Concept of controlling premium, NAV approach for valuation, Relevance of the approach and Blended valuation presented through football field analysis.
- You can learn the ways to Prepare Valuation Output, as well as, the concepts of Pre-money and Post-money valuation.
The Potential Skills You Can Gain From the Curriculum Are Listed Below:
- A complete understanding of financial skills and valuation for initiating profitable investments.
- Being able to effectively utilize your numerical and analytical skills.
- Opportunity to have real-time exposure to market share and stock exchange activities.
- Understanding all the current market trends to analyse the market and resources.
Module 1 deals with Financial Reporting, Analysis and Valuation.
In module 2 Financial Management, students are taught the basic tools like the time value of money and its applications. As a participant in this course, you’ll have opportunities to work on assignments related to live organisational problems and gain insights from top management personnel.
Module 3 consists of Investments and Portfolio Management and the course dives into various concepts related to investments. It takes students through techniques involving portfolio diversification, while the realistic case studies enable them to understand valuation and risk fundraising in a better way.
In the Investment Banking Module 4, students can look forward to providing an overview of the roles and functions of investment banks. A detailed study includes fundraising and Mergers and Acquisitions modelling. Key concepts involving Equity and debt fund-raising, valuation methodologies, deal structuring and pitch book dealing are all important points taught to the students.
The second investment banking Module 5 has an approach to understanding the functions of Boutique investment banks, along with sales/trading, hedge funds, private placements, LBOs and corporate restructuring. It aims for students to attain a comprehensive knowledge of deal structuring in a private equity environment and corresponding taxation in advanced structures.
Module 6 touches on Mergers and Acquisitions and intends to provide a strategic management perspective on mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. Some objectives are:
- To introduce different forms of corporate restructuring.
- Making the students familiar with issues and problems in identifying and evaluating a target.
- Providing an overview of Mergers and Acquisitions that take place in the legal, and regulatory environment.
- To highlight post-merger integration and provide insights on several human relations and organisational issues in the integration process.
Module 7 deals with Options, Futures and Derivatives and the course introduces you to the world of financial derivatives. It takes the underlying financial concepts, the pricing mechanism, market mechanics and their utility, and teaches them to them in an understandable manner. When the course is completed you will have a reasonable grasp of financial derivatives in wealth and risk management.
In Module 8, you’ll learn about the Economic environment and understand the Macroeconomic concepts. Additionally, the causes of business cycles and economic policies to counter them are taught. Further, they are made to understand the balance of payments and exchange rates. The course also involves studies on the current Macroeconomic scenario.
In Module 9, Spreadsheet Modeling for Finance, you can expect to learn more about spreadsheets and versatile platforms for rapidly processing volumes of data. Available modern tools are taught for data accumulation, assimilation and computation.
Module 10 includes some essential lectures on the investment banking industry.
- IIM SKILLS Content Writing Master Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs AnalytixLabs Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs Jigsaw Academy Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs IIM Kozhikode Data Analytics Course Review
- IIM SKILLS vs SkillShare Data Analytics Course- A Full Review
- IIM SKILLS vs. KPMG Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Dataquest Data Analytics Course
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs ):
Q) What are some Investment Banking Courses?
Investment banking courses are popular and in demand, so naturally, that many institutions have created a comprehensive curriculum for students. In today’s society, institutions provide Investment banking courses in both online and offline platforms. IIM Skills and IIM Indore are the institutions mentioned in this article and they provide online courses. The other institutions that provide online Investment banking courses are Coursera, Udemy, Imarticus, Wall Street and Edex.
Q) What is the syllabus for Investment Banking courses?
The syllabus for Investment banking courses can vary in different institutions, but the most well-structured curriculum would include concepts and details related to Investment banking and Financial markets. They should include Macroeconomics, concepts related to DCF and LBO, Risk management and International business. The curriculum should be updated often to include the latest ongoing trends and recent case studies. The course should also include an investment banking certification.
Q) Will you get placement after Investment banking courses?
Many institutes provide placement guarantees or placement assistance to their graduates. IIM Skills and IIM Indore are two such institutions providing 100% placement support. Other institutes include Imarticus Learning, Corporate Finance Institute (CFI), Edubridge, Wall Street, and National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM). These are well-recognized education firms that have industry tie-ups and assist students in getting placed.
To summarize everything, we can understand the importance of investment banking and its related concepts in the working of the financial systems of a country. Moreover, it’s not simply a course for curious minds, but a successful career path when your knowledge is implemented. Many education firms provide professional Investment banking courses, with a comprehensive curriculum.
We have taken two successful institutions and made a comparative analysis of its components including the curriculum and eligibility criteria. We hope that you’ll be able to settle for the right institution for yourself.
Hope the above article on IIM Skills vs IIM Indore Investment Banking Course, has helped you with all the required information to help you choose the best institute.