Glasgow is a famous city in Scotland that excels in the school of Arts, Trade, Architecture, and Technical Learning courses. It is a dream destination for students to study and settle. Data analytics courses in Glasgow are a great opportunity to learn the latest business model and explore destination and carrier openings.
Students with computers background highly aspire to be Data Analysts. A certification course from Glasgow will boost your profile professionally. This article will provide you with all information about Data Analytics and the Institutes offering the course.
What is Data Analytics?
Data is an important source of information for a company that carries statistics about the market and customers. Maintaining insights is a challenge as data is scattered all over an organization. A systematic approach is needed to collect data timely and organize it to solve issues.
For example, a sales team may gather a large amount of data through a business having several data accounts of marketing or financial extracts. These extracts can be in form of excel sheets or CSV pulling extra data from other involvements of the company. To solve such complex issues, a Data analyst is hired who can understand which data is useful.
So, Data Analytics is a science of data and statistics that analyses raw information of data draws interpretations and concludes meaningful patterns of data. Thus, it is highly important to understand the patterns and trends an organization draws to optimize the performance of the business, understand the audience, predict future results, and reduce costs. A Data Analyst is the backbone of any business.
How Data Analytics Help the Organization-
Now you understand what Data Analytics is, let’s see why an organization needs it and how it helps the organization.
There are 4 Ways Where Data Analytics is Used-
1. Optimize Decision Making- Data analytics work on facts and figures, so there is a lot of work to handle. It has no scope for guesswork and manual task in planning and marketing campaigns, product development, and choosing content for it. All the raw data collected is used by the analytics team to refine and make correct information. This leads to customer satisfaction and better outcomes.
2. Improve Customer Service- Understanding a customer is the first step, data analytics help to tailor their needs, customizing and building a strong relationship with the customer. Data collected and analyzed has information on the customers’ interests, concerns, and more. The recommendations from pleased customers will bring more customers to the organization’s products and services.
3. Dynamic Operations- With a systematic approach, you can organize the data and process it in well- a planned manner. It will boost production and save money and time. It improves the understanding of what customer wants and helps you not to waste time creating unwanted ads that are of no interest to the audience.
4. Impactful Marketing- To create an impression on a customer, you must know how the data is performing. For this Data, analytics provides valuable insights into how the campaigns are performing. This helps in refining the data and data modulation. Also, it provides you to interact with potential customers who will be interested in the campaign.
Steps to Follow for Data Analytics-
To understand how the process works, we have to look at the steps involved in Data Analytics. These steps help the organization handle millions of data and e-commerce businesses. Data analytics figures out the problems that may affect the information and drive solutions for the business.
1. Puzzle out the problem- First and most important thing is to understand what the problem is, and why is it occurring, so that decisions can be made accordingly. For example, e-commerce companies experience problems with sending correct orders, cancellation of an order, return of orders, product recommendations, fraud identification, updating vehicle routing, and many more. To solve such issues prediction of the problem is crucial.
2. Data collection- Concerning the previous example, after understanding the problem the next step is to collect the data for reference. For that, the organization may know the customer’s correct address, and the transaction made. The organization should have the customers’ proper details from past purchases. That data may have information on the total number of units sold for that particular product, its sales, profit made, and when and where the orders are placed.
3. Data cleaning– After this collection, the analytics team’s next step is to clean the data, which means refining the information about the particular customer or issue. The unwanted data and ad-hoc data are refined. All the disorderly, messy, and missing values that are not suitable for performing data analysis are removed. Hence, clean data is now available.
4. Exploration and Analysis of Data- With all the raw data collected and refined the next important step is the execution of exploratory data analysis. The data collected is visualized with business intelligence tools, and data mining techniques, and it is then analyzed by predictive modeling to visualize and predict future possibilities. These methods are applied to gain knowledge of the impact and relationship of any feature in comparison to another variable.
Some results that can be drawn from Data Analytics are-
- Predict when a customer will purchase the next product
- The period of delivering the product
- Better insights of customers looking for the same product
- Prediction of sales and profits for next quarter
- By dispatching relevant products, product cancellations can be minimized
- Figuring out the shortest route to deliver the product
- Create contacts with the best-delivering partners
5. Result Interpretation- Finally, the results interpreted can be validated if the outcomes meet the expectations of the organization. This will help to figure out hidden results and patterns of consumer behavior and will support appropriate data-driven decision-making.
Various Applications of Data Analytics-
Almost every sector derives information about its customers, manages and predicts financial data, and develops business models. Some implications of Data Analytics are-
1. Healthcare Sector- Pharmaceutical industries, medical drug suppliers, and hospitals have huge patient data that has to be analyzed and systemized. Predicting timely checkups, lifesaving diagnosis, treatment options, information on medicines available, and discovering new medical drugs all involves Data analytics for a practical approach.
2. Manufacturing Sector- These sectors involve complex issues of the supply chain, labor constraints, equipment breakdowns, and more. To solve such problems with cost-saving methods manufacturing industries require data analytics.
3. Retail Sector- It is highly dependent on its customers. To understand their needs, their buying habits, and new product recommendation, predict the trend, and boost their business an organization needs data analytic support.
4. Logistic Sector- The delivery of a product is important for a logistics company. It uses data analytics for developing new business models and optimizing routes. By this, they can deliver the product on time and in a cost-effective manner.
5. Banking Sector- With huge data of customers banks require to save the details properly, find loan defaulters and churn out rates. They detect fraudulent transactions also with data analytics.
To learn more about which sectors use this model you may have to learn about data analytics courses in Glasgow. That will enhance your understanding of the subject and you can play an important role as a data analyst in a company.
You can also check out the best Digital Marketing Courses in Glasgow
Institutes for Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow-
Data analytics courses are in high demand in Glasgow as they have prospective job opportunities. With a detailed subject study, you can learn the course well. Following are the institutes for data analytics courses in Glasgow-
Rank# 1. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
1. Deakin University-
It is one of the best training institutes. You can get a master’s degree in Data Analytics from Deakin University in 24 months. Providing both online and offline provision modes of training, the university collaborates with Texas Mc Combs and ranks among the top 1% of universities globally.
Some details of the course are-
- You will receive a certificate after completing the 12 months course
- After program completion, there will be 12 months of online training
- 1+ million learners already
- 2500+ industry mentors will guide you
- 2300+ companies for placement
- Resume and interview preparation
- E-portfolio guidance
- You will learn different languages like python, tableau, and SAS Online
Rank# 2. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
2. Coursera IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate-
Looking for Data analytics courses in Glasgow? Coursera will defiantly help you to gain knowledge and be ready in less than 6 months. With a high rating, the institute has established itself as a top instructor in Google certification.
What will you get from the course-
- 10 hours of study a week
- 100% self-placement
- The affordable program, Fees- INR 2943- INR 8830
- Mentors from top companies
- Course videos and recordings
- Weekly quizzes and assignments
- Hand-on projects
Modules of the course-
- Foundation on Data
- Data analytics Excel basics
- Python for AI, Development, and Data Science
- Python project on Data Science
- SQL and Database for Data Science
- Python Data analysis
- Capstone Project
You will also learn techniques for sharing, analyzing, and organizing data along with dashboard tools and visualizations. The capstone project will teach you all modules and prepare you to achieve IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate.
Rank# 3. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
3. The University of Strathclyde Glasgow-
The university was established in 1796 with the name Andersonian Institute. Being Glasgow’s second oldest university and Royal Charter, it is the first Technical University of Glasgow. BSc Honours degree in Data Analytics courses in Glasgow is its well-known course.
Features of the course-
- Experience in using Data analysis software including widely used in industries
- Expertise development in a wide range of topics in Statistics, maths, and computers
- Code learning using industry-standard programming languages
- Real-life project learning and data analyzing
- Several guest lectures
In year 1, In addition to core mathematics, statistics, and computer science you will study
- Theory of probability
- Machines, languages, and computation
- Information systems, and information
- Programming foundations
- Logic and algorithms
- User and data modeling
- Advance programming
- Logic and algorithms
- Probability and statistical interference
- Mathematical and statistical computing
- Linear algebra
- Multivariate calculus
- Building software systems
- Inference and Regression modeling
- Stochastic and Financial econometrics
- Communicating Mathematics and statistics
- Individual project completion
With this syllabus, there are a few optional subjects as well.
Rank# 4. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
4. The University of Glasgow–
It is a public research university founded in 1451 and is the fourth oldest university. Data analytics courses in Glasgow are quite in demand from this university as it provides a solid foundation for learning computational skills and statistical modeling. The university provides a Data Analytics MSc course under its umbrella courses.
The course is divided into modules-
It combines all core subjects like-
- Probability(level M)
- Regression models(level M)
- Statistical interference(level M)
- Database Theory and Application(Level M)
- Introduction to R and Python
- Advance predictive models
- Bayesian statistics
- Big data analytics
- Data analytics skills
- Data mining and machine learning
To choose 1 Optional course-
- Information visualization
- Environmental Statistics
- Spatial statistics
- Statistics Genetics
- Functional data analysis
- Design of Experiments
All are from Level M
With these one summer project is mandatory, choose from-
- Statistics project and dissertation
- Statistics Project and Dissertation( with Placement)
- Data Analytics Courses in Germany
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
- Data Analytics Courses in New Zealand
- Data Analytics Courses in London
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
Rank# 5. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
5. The University of Sterling–
When looking for Data Analytics courses in Glasgow, you should consider the University of Sterling which provides Msc. in Big Data. The course is in demand for its big data technology, advanced analytics, and industrial and scientific advanced versions which are beneficial for your career advancements.
The course is divided into 2 sections where half part is full-time and another half is part-time for 24 months. The course teaches you to how to collect, manage, and analyze big and fast-moving data for science and commerce. The latest technical skills are covered under the course such as Data Analytics, R, Hadoop, NoSQL, and Machine Learning.
Also, you will be taught important maths and computing theory, advanced computational techniques that you need to master for your career in Data Analytics. The university is accompanied by Data Lab as an innovation center for budding scientists who have the skills and talent to create something new.
The Lab supports students with funding, networking, and routes into employment. SICSA ( Scottish Information and Computing Alliance) also links to the Lab for proving knowledge to students.
The course covers-
- Big Data Mathematics and Statics
- Big Data uses in Business and Science
- Big data and NoSQL, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, and Neo4J analytics, machine learning, and data visualization with orange, scikit- learning, and python
- Python Programming
- Learning about Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and MapReduce cluster computing
- Internship projects include collaboration with business or technology suppliers
Rank# 6. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
6. The Open University–
You can achieve a certificate of higher education in data analysis if you are looking for data analytics courses in Glasgow. The course teaches you the fundamentals of computing, exploring and analyzing data sets, and solving practical problems using maths, statistics, and computing.
Features of the course-
- Introduction to mathematical, statistical, and computing techniques.
- Covering basic computing software skills, including writing code in the python language.
- Data analysis study and commenting on the results
- Building a solid foundation for your career in healthcare, education, business and commerce, and voluntary sectors.
Rank# 7. Data Analysis Courses in Glasgow
7. Henry Harvin-
It is a renowned institute providing a wide range of courses online and offline. Data analytics courses in Glasgow are one of their popular courses. You will receive a certification from UKcert, the American Association of EFL, the UKAF, and the MSME government of India.
Features of the course are-
- You will receive a gold membership
- You can access the study material online for a lifetime
- There will be boot camps
- E-learning programs and access to tools and techniques
- Projects on Kafka, spark, big data SQL, and more for better learning
- 32 hours of Training with live sessions
- Internship assistance for better knowledge
- Placement guarantee
- Weekly job support
- Recorded videos
- One-to-one mentorship from industry experts
- Improve your CV and LinkedIn profile
- Complete guidance on the course
- Refund of the amount if not satisfied by the course till the first session
- 2100+ hiring partners
There are 5 modules for the course-
- Module 1- Big Data study
- Module 2- SQL complete knowledge
- Module3 – stream and analyze the data
- Module4- distributed stream of platform
- Module 6- Advanced spark
Skills that will be covered –
- Memory training
- Data broadcasting
- Cluster management
- Data locality
- Data analysis
- Dynamic resource allocation
1. Is it worth studying data analytics courses in Glasgow?
Glasgow is a big city where several students apply every year from different places all over the world. Learning with students from different regions will develop many more new skills and confidence in you as a student. Edinburg, Scotland’s largest city is exciting to have fun and you will soon feel a home away from home.
Some more benefits to studying in Glasgow are-
- Glasgow is an excellent place to visit as the city is in Scotland which is known for its scenic beauty.
- Glasgow is a friendly city, citizens are welcoming in nature. It is one of the Nicest cities in the world to teach you compassion and culture.
- The city is a student home as there are 4 universities with 16 kilometers of range. You will feel at home and comfortable. It is a healthy way to be social.
- Convenience is easy in Glasgow to connect cities as there are 3 International airports, the Glasgow Airport, Glasgow Prestwick Airport, and Edinburgh Airport.
2. What qualification is needed for Data Analytics courses in Glasgow?
For any professional course, you must qualify your intermediate qualification. After that, you can apply for a certificate course or bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics. This course has much more to study in advanced levels for that you may need to qualify for higher studies of MSc. in Data Analytics. Data Analytics courses in Glasgow is a good option as it provides all level of education to improve your skill set and covers all important topics for your study.
Data Analytics courses teach you to understand that there is a need for both hard and soft skills for the course, involving technical and software skills for computing. Maths, statistics, and computers must be your subjects to enhance your skills. Learning programming languages like python, database tools including excel, and data visualization tools will be a bonus for you.
3. What is the role of a Data Analyst in a company?
When you are choosing for the Data analytics courses in Glasgow, you must know the roles and responsibilities of a data analyst. Collecting and analyzing raw data to get optimum results is what a data analyst does. They translate these insights into a proper format of recommendation for an organization to follow and make decisions accordingly.
A data analyst performs the following functions for their firm-
- Develops, implements, and maintains the current database.
- They identify business concerns and work with key business stakeholders
- They collect and arrange the raw data from internal sources (CRM database)and external sources (Google tools and government portals)
- They prepare the raw data by cleaning and analyzing it
- They analyze huge data sets by using the best tools and techniques available
- Data interpretation and visualization creation (such as graphs and charts) are developed by data analysts to share with shareholders and provide them with advice on future actions.
So, you can understand that the Data Analytics course is important to study for a skilled IT job. The Data analytics courses offer you strong communication skills, a statistical mindset, and problem–solving abilities. You will be returned with a good job, high wages, and a diverse market to show your potential. This one is a highly demanded job of the year and you can choose the best option from Data analytics courses.