Do people prefer you when it comes to simplifying technology? Do you love simplifying technical stuff and informing people of your technical information? Are you tech-savvy or belong to a science background? Can you research and organize the content well? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then there is no doubt that you are at the right place to explore an exciting career option. You must pursue technical writing courses in Kolkata. Let us first go through what technical writing is.
What is Technical Writing?
Writing a piece for technical fields such as computer hardware & software, chemistry, engineering, aeronautics, robotics, finance, medicine, electronics, biotechnology, and forestry is technical writing. A technical writer creates journals, documents, articles, descriptions, manuals, guides, and instructions.
They are just a type of content writer who is a specialist in technology and its field. They work for companies that produce, manufacture, organize, distribute, and deliver technology products.
Some related courses that you may like:
Types of Technical Writing
- Medical and scientific
- Document and report writing
- Guides and books
- User manuals and assistance guides
- Product recalling
- Summaries (executives)
Responsibilities and Duties of a Technical Writer
- A technical writer researches information related to technology for their company.
- They gather their research, accumulate the data, plan the document then write it.
- They edit, develop, proofread, get the documents organized, and add them to the database.
- They write journals, articles, manuals, guidebooks, instructional manuals, descriptions, handbooks, whitepapers, and documents.
- They work as specialists who produce and edit updated paperwork for the company.
- They need to communicate with clarity and in the simplest way.
- work in different fields such as medical, technical, and scientific.
Why Do Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata?
Technical writing is a core and matters a lot because technology is growing so fast that no one knows where this will all stop. As a result of this, technology companies have been growing.
For specimen – We could see that the medical industry was hit severely after COVID-19, so it has been flourishing so well that can be seen by looking at employers getting jobs and more jobs are required in the industry.
The same goes for the other sections related to technology. A technical writer gets paid very well and, it is a lucrative and profitable career option that makes a fruitful future waiting for technical writers.
Who Should Learn Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata?
Anyone who has a science background can pursue it, it’ll be good for them, other than this 10+2, UG, and PG who are tech-savvy and creative and also desire to write and possess excellent communications skills should or can pursue it.
Career Scope for Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata
A technical writer can make six figures a year. It is one of the top-paying career options. And when technology advances, then the job opportunities for technical writers advance too. They can work as trainers in MNCs or as a technical writer themselves. They can apply for editor, proofreader, or analyst positions.
It all depends upon your wish. Some can work as executive-level, marketing, or project management. After working for some years getting experience can lead to getting promoted as a senior technical writer and then becoming a manager.
Check here for the best GST Certification Courses in Kolkata
Salary Structure After Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata
The Economics Times included technical writing in their list of top-paying jobs in 2017. As the number of technology companies has been growing, the demand for a technical writer is also increasing. The average technical writer’s salary in India is Rs.5 lakh/annum.
This role’s pay scale ranges from Rs.2.29 lakh/annum to Rs.10 lakh/annum. The salary depends from company to company too. A senior technical writer earns Rs.12 lakh/annum, and a staff technical writer earns Rs 22 lakh/annum.
The salary or pay scale depends upon some factors too.
Your skill level also decides your salary. As the industry changes, the demand for skills changes too. That is why having industry-updated skills is necessary to get better pay. Adobe Framework and Robohelp are skills that get you a 17% and 11% higher salary.
Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Visio also increase your pay scale by 5%, 4%, and 3%. You can opt for a freelance career that will pay you a high amount. The pay scale of a freelance writer in India is Rs. 475/hour.
The total pay ranges from Rs.1.93 lakh/annum to Rs.20 lakh/annum. A senior technical writer can make Rs.10 lakh/annum which can go up to Rs.20 lakh/annum.
Entry-level technical writers earn around 44% less than the industry, and experts get 179% higher earnings than average.
Top 6 Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is an educational platform that trains students and professionals to develop a personality for experts. It is a world-leading online education platform that is headquartered in New Delhi. IIM SKILLS has been one of the best technical writing courses in Kolkata and is present in 23 cities in Asia.
The objective of this course
- To create effective technical documents
- To understand the purpose of technical documents and specifications
Eligibility for Technical Writing Master Course
- A graduate in any discipline who has a flair for technology & writing
- Basic internet knowledge
- Communication skills
- Five weeks of live technical writing course
- 20 hrs lecture
- 60+ hrs practical assignments
- Software tools
- Lifetime support (consulting & technical)
- One month guaranteed internship opportunity
- Portfolio development for job freelance
- Publishing your first white paper
- Publish a scholarly article or book chapter
- You can publish your first technical blog with the Times of India
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Technical Writing Course Review
- There are a total of 13 curricula in this course.
- Technical reports
- White papers/journals
- Scientific research
- Conversational writing
- API Documentation
- Medical writing
- Throwing more light on technical writing
Features of the course
- Interactive sessions
- Flexible scheduling
- Exceptional faculty
- Learning resources
- Master certification
- Master certification – global accreditation, master certification from IIM skills
- 100% tools-driven training – get practical exposure with MS Visio, MS Project, Git, and Scribus.
- Lifetime access to all the latest content in LMS that you can access anytime or anywhere.
- 24×7 support – The support is ready to solve issues in a community of 2000+ active members.
- Practical learning – 26+ hours of live online training & 60+ hours of assignments.
Skills you will acquire with the course
- Adhere to best practices & avoid pitfalls
- Create visually appealing documents with design elements, enhancing the reading experience.
- Adhere to formatting & avoid pitfalls
- Polish your technical writing skills with the mind reader.
- Explain complex technical concepts to understand easily.
- Recognize various technical communication
- Create & craft written document documents after analysis.
Technical writing tools that you will master
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- MS Visio, Canva, PowerPoint
- 14,900/- + 18% GST
- Technical Writing Courses in India
- Technical Writing Courses in Chennai
- Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
- Technical Writing Courses in Kochi
- Technical Writing Courses in Hyderabad
It is an online educational platform founded in May 2010, offering many courses to develop skills from beginner to advanced level It is one of the best technical writing courses in Kolkata. It is 30 days a question money-back guarantee.
The technical writing course is a beginner-level course that trains you on how to create a document template & how to write your first user guide.
The course is for
- Fiction writers
- Web content writer
- Engineers & scientist
- Developers & code writer
- Project & product managers
- College student
- Military personnel
- Government workers
- Office workers
- Anyone changing career
- A retired looking for a second or side career.
- The course teaches basic knowledge of English grammar.
- Students must have a Windows PC MS Office.
- Course duration – It takes 6 to 8 weeks from start to finish if you spend 15-20 minutes a day.
- 107 lectures
- 22 exercise sheet
- 36 quizzes
- 22 solution sheet
- 6 PDF Ebook
- 40 PDF supplement documents.
- Over 4000 students
- One final assignment reviewed personally by the instructor
- A free weekly update of writing tips, ideas & tutorials.
- 6 hours of on-demand video
- 1 article
- 110 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
What does the course cover?
- Difference between technical & business writing
- Principles of Audience Analysis
- Component of technical document
- How to write a documentation plan.
- How to create an index
- How to create a document template
- Basic technical writing & editing pitfalls and things to avoid
- How to think in terms of variables
- How to use tables properly in your document
- How to select and annotate images
- How to use a flowchart in your document
- Basic principles of good technical writing and dozens of other topics.
There are other technical writing courses such as
- Technical writing-master your writing career- Rs.455/-
- Technical writing to reuse the content in DITA XML- Rs.455/-
- Technical writing-how to write software documentation- Rs.455/-
- Technical writing to create instructional video-Rs.455/-
- Project management for Technical writing-Rs.455/-
- The guide to creating end-user documentation-Rs.455/-
It is another leading online-based educational platform that was founded in 2012. It provides tons of courses from beginner to advanced levels in almost every field that is on the list as one of the best technical writing courses in Kolkata.
- 6 rating out of 5 on the website
- 100% online
- Self-paced learning option
- 19 hours to complete
- Flexible deadlines
- Shareable certificate of completion from Moscow Institute of Physics & technology
- Course video & readings
- Practice quizzes
- Graded programming assignment
- Graded quizzes with feedback
- Graded assignment with peer feedback
- Intermediate level
- Full specialization
- EMI payment option available
- 14-day refund period
- Unlimited access to all four courses
- It takes 1 hour to complete
- It has one video and six readings
- Module 1
- From start to finish
- It takes 5 hrs to complete
- It consists of 1 reading, seven quizzes, and nine videos
- This module will help you to get the knowledge that deals with complexity.
- It covers workplace research that is required to conduct as a technical writer.
- Module 2
- Organizing the information
- 3-6 hrs to complete
- It includes nine videos, two readings, and eight quizzes
- You will get to know visuals for communicating a large amount of information effectively.
- It provides guidelines for using graphic tools that can be used to design visuals
- It teaches technical report writing
- Module 3
- Researching your subject
- 5 hours to complete
- It consists of 7 quizzes, one reading, and ten videos.
- This module teaches to develop an understanding of technical documentation such as feasibility and reports, instructions, manuals, and laboratory research.
- It covers academic and workplace research that focuses on the best information that can be provided with accuracy and comprehension.
- Module 4
- Capstone project
- 3 hrs to complete
- It has four videos, one reading, and three quizzes
- one month – 20+hrs per week – Rs.3686/-
- three months – 8hrs per week – Rs.7742/-
- six months – 4hrs per week – Rs.11,060/-
ECT is an educational training institute that trains students to be professional and skillful approved by the government of India and is among the top technical writing courses in Kolkata.
- Internship opportunity
- Live & interactive sessions
- Personalized attention & feedback
- Recognized by the government of India.
1. Option 1 – Technical writing course
- three months
- 14 modules
- 32 hours of classroom live training plus 50 hours of e-learning videos
- six assignment
- six live projects
- 12 quizzes
- one certificate
- Fee structure – Rs.16,949/- + GST 18%
- 3-6 months
- 36 module
- 96 hours of classroom/live training plus 100 hours of e-learning videos
- 18 assignment
- 18 live project
- 36 quizzes
- 4 certificates
- Fee structure – Rs.33,898+GST 18%
- Technical Writing Courses in Delhi
- Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
- Technical Writing Courses in Pune
- Technical Writing Courses in Bhopal
It is a digital and educational platform founded in 2012 that offers many online courses from beginner to advanced level, and its technical writing in Kolkata is worthwhile to learn.
This course introduces technical writing that teaches you the required techniques, which is a need to construct well-written reports. Technical writing is a tool for engineers to communicate their ideas.
In this course, you will be covering referencing and citations, presenting equations, data, and diagrams, how to use tenses, and other tips to use language. Technical report writing for engineers has been given a 4.8 rating out of 5 on the Futurelearn website.
You get to learn an introduction to technical report writing, and how to communicate your ideas through well-written engineering reports. You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace at every step of this course and meet other learners.
For whom is the course?
The course is for students & engineers who are professionals. It will teach you technical report writing, which is mandatory for a two-page document to a Ph.D. thesis.
- Duration – 6 weeks
- 3 hrs weekly study
- 100% online – learn at your place.
Who developed the course?
- The University of Sheffield has developed the course.
- This is among one of the top 100 universities in the world.
- It has a reputation for teaching and research excellence.
What will you cover?
- Why are technical reports important?
- How to write aims and objective
- Citing & referencing
- The anatomy of a technical report
- Writing an abstract
- How & Why to Write Discussion Sessions
- Use of language & tense
- Units, precision & errors
- Presenting data
- Figure, diagrams, labeling
- Presenting equations and nomenclature
What will you learn?
- You will be able to apply knowledge of what goes into the core sections of a report.
- You will be able to evaluate how a report looks.
- You will be able to use a technical document to communicate information.
- You will learn to explain excellent technical reports & why are they used.
6. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is an educational platform that offers a variety of developmental courses online and offline. The course composes the ability to impart data which is why it ranks as one of the top technical writing courses in Kolkata.
You will learn how to create reports for lab, and research, and then plan and progress reports, and counseling reports. The course provides designing, styling, content, and language that you can experience while exploring.
- The curriculum consists of ten modules & two complementary modules of soft-skill development & resume writing.
- Tools such as authoring, screen capturing, image editing, technical writing software, and spell-check tools will be covered.
- every module in the curriculum consists of projects
- 9 in 1 project – T.P.I.C.P.E.B.H.M
- 1-year gold membership of the Writing Academy
- Guaranteed internship & premium job support
- Attend unlimited live batches at zero extra cost
- Master the art of simplifying complex technical details into well-structured documents, writing thesis and research papers, and more.
9 in 1 Course
- E-learning access
- Job opportunities abroad
- Job interviews & high-paying jobs
- Certified technical writer
- Improve CV & LinkedIn profile
- The writing process for better paper
- Master English expressions
- Create perfect creations
- Research paper
- Thesis writing
- Prepare research proposals
- Explore literature review
- Communicate the technical details
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 How to become a technical writer and attain a certificate?
You need to take admission to one of the technical writing courses in Kolkata and learn technical writing. You need to attain a recognized certificate, apply for an internship or job, and get experience.
Q.2 What does a technical writer do?
A technical writer is responsible for writing instructions, manuals, and documents that provide you with detailed information in non-tech language. They gather information from the manufacturing unit and then, they turn the complex language of technology and convey it in the simplest form possible.
Q.3 What are the skills required to become a technical writer?
The skillset required to become a technical writer are detail-oriented writing skills, effective research, related technical skills, tech-savvy and management skills, and outstanding communication skills. They must have industry-specific skills and know advanced skills such as Microsoft Excel, office, word, writing procedures, and documentation.
Q.4 What is the requirement for learning technical writing courses?
Any higher degree is not required, but you may need a UG degree in science or technical field, or 10+2 is mandatory to learn technical writing courses.
It loads you with the best technical writing courses in Kolkata, and you can learn content writing or digital marketing courses which are some of the most demanding skills that promise a beneficial career. A career in technical writing is worthwhile and fruitful, with sufficient expertise you can have a money-making salary moreover this job promises potency.