The writing industry is flourishing today, and hence an increase in the number of technical writing institutes. Writing is booming as a primary career and as a side hustle. Not just different genres, writing comes in various forms as well. It could be academic writing, technical writing, business writing, creative writing, or scientific writing. It is vastly different and specialized when compared to content writing.
Talking of content writing, have you checked out the power-packed Content Writing Master Course?
Any writing serves the purpose of communication. As a technical communication expert, the responsibility of simple, clear, and convincing communication increases 10X times. Technical writing deals with technology, and not everyone is familiar with or has an easy understanding of tech. Hence, as a technical writer, you have to learn how to use simple and easily understandable language. Simplify it such that even someone at loggerheads with tech exclaims, “Now, that is easy.”
We have gathered for you the information on the top 10 technical writing institutes in India. You might wonder if there is a need to take up a course at all. After all, the internet faces infobesity in the current age. Let me burst that bubble.
Even people having an excellent command of the English language need proper training to master all that there is about technical writing. There are various design tools, software, rules, structures, ethics, and principles, and only a formal course from a technical writing institute can help you with all of that. So, here is your list.
Top 10 Technical Writing Institutes in India
Already a known name in the field of content writing, IIM SKILLS is the best when it comes to technical writing institutes in India as well. The institute provides in-demand job-oriented courses to bridge the skills gap. In just a little over five years, the institute has trained over 15000+ professionals across 45+ countries.
The Technical Writing Master Course at IIM SKILLS is one of a kind. The institute takes on a limited number of students for training, ensuring it generates highly competent technical writers who transition into the work world with ease. Through this program, the trainees get an in-depth insight into the fundamentals and principles of technical documentation.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Master Course
- Duration of the course: The course spreads over four weeks.
- Course Fee: INR 12,900 + tax.
- Batch/Mode: Online only.
- Course Curriculum: The syllabus is architected by experienced mentors and includes all essential modules from a basic intro to covering all the tools used in technical writing to grammar and medical writing.
- Internship and Placement: The institute offers a one-month internship for eligible trainees, and as an aspiring technical writer, you can get a chance to publish your first white paper, a scholarly article, or even an ebook.
- Certification: Upon completing the course, all individuals will get the Technical Writing Master Course Certification from IIM SKILLS.
IIM SKILLS (Co-Offiz), H B Twin Tower
8th Floor, Max Hospital Building,
Netaji Subhash Place, PitamPura
Tel: (91) 99 11 839503
If you are more inclined to content writing, you should read up on the top 5 paid content writing courses online.
Information Developers Foundation, Technical Writing Institute:
The Information Developers Foundation in Noida is a learning platform for all things content. With its inception in 2009 by Mr. Rahul Karn, this institute has had a fantastic journey. The main objective of the institute is to promote the field of technical communication and transform the world of technical writing, business, and internet communications. Towards achieving that goal, the institute provides valuable and affordable training empowering the next generation.
Information Developers Foundation provides a free workshop in technical writing and many open resources for aspiring candidates to understand what it is before deciding to take it up as a career. Let us explore the features of this course.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Mastery Course
- Duration of the course: 100 hours.
- Course Fee: You can join the webinar for free and take admission if you find it valuable.
- Batch/Mode: It is a live online interactive training program.
- Course Curriculum: In the words of the institute, it is a career-changing program that will equip you with the knowledge to create and deliver technical documentation for any organization. With an update ever so often, the syllabus includes chatbot and animated gifs. The other modules include:
- Introduction and Concepts of Communication
- Software Development Process
- Essentials in Technical Communication
- English Grammar for Technical Publication
- Components of Different Technical Document
- Advance Word Concepts with Screen Capturing Tools
- Content Development
- Proofreading and Deep Editing Techniques
- Software and Tools
- Introduction to DITA and API Documentation
- Business Communication
- Cross-Functional Skills
- Step to Documentation Leadership
- Resume Development and Interview Skill
- Certification: Earn the Master of Technical Writing Certificate upon completion of the course from InfoDev.
M-802 Ajnara Homz
Sector 121, Noida
TechnoKraft, Technology Training & Services
TechnoKraft is one of the top technical writing institutes in India. A leading training hub in Bangalore, this institute has thus far trained thousands of students in technical writing, instructional design, and software training. They are also involved in providing services for the same, and Major IT companies trust TechnoKraft for their documentation and corporate training.
With expertise in technical writing, content writing, instructional design, and foreign language translation, TechnoKraft also provides placement services to corporates.
The institute has earned its name in providing high-quality services and training, with the successful placement of trainees in companies like Infosys, TCS, Microsystems, Wipro, amongst others.
Key Highlights of the Course:
- Course Name: Technical Writing Training.
- Duration of the course:
- The weekend batch is of 144 hours spread over 17 weekends.
- The weekday batch is also 144 hours, spread over 12 weeks.
- Mode: Classroom and online training available.
- Course Curriculum: Technical writers themselves prepare the courseware to match industry standards. It is an advanced level course that includes various tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, MS Visio, Snagit, etc. You will also learn about different software and applications such as DITA, Adobe Articulate, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Other Features: Be prepared to execute your learning by completing high-quality assessments after every module and presentation. The institute also helps you with mock interviews.
- Certification: There is an exam at the end of the course, qualifying which you will get your certificate in technical writing.
#737, 3rd Floor, Kheny Plaza,
2nd Cross, CMH Road,
Opp Max Mueller Bhavan
ibruk Consulting, the technical writing institute
ibruk Consulting is into providing training and services in technical writing, instructional design, and translations. With centres in Mumbai, Norway, and Germany, ibruk consulting has clients worldwide. The institute works closely with businesses, understands their requirements, and provides technical documentation.
Being experts at technical documentation, their training in the same field is undoubtedly reliable. Integrating all the learning from real work experiences into the training, iBruk Consulting is one of the top technical writing institutes in India. Let us take a look at some of the features of the training at ibruk Consulting.
The institute prides itself on its elite clientele, repeat business, and is passionate about investing in solutions that meet client requirements. There are several courses under the technical writing domain, but the certificate course is their flagship course. So, let us look into what makes up the certificate course at ibruk.
- Course Name: Certificate Course in Technical Writing.
- Duration of the course: One-month course.
- Course Fee: INR 30,000 + GST
- Batch: It is a Saturday-only weekend batch (you can contact me to confirm the present batch timings).
- Mode: Now available online.
- Course Curriculum: Designed by writers with 20+ years of experience in the domain, the syllabus is entirely hands-on replete with practical exercises. It includes modules such as:
- Introduction to technical writing
- The document development lifecycle
- Creating effective technical content
- Understanding Online Help
- Working with Adobe RoboHelp
- Creating Effective Manuals
- Mastering Microsoft Word
- Emerging Trends in Technical Communication
- Certification: This is a certification course.
Off Marol-Maroshi Road,
Opp Marol Fire Station,
Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400059
Tel: +91 9820054581
The largest certification body in India, Vskills is also a leading technical writing institute. It conducts skill testing and provides certifications to job seekers in various skills that improve their employability. Hence a certificate from Vskills undoubtedly holds great significance.
The organization has certifications in diverse fields such as accounting, banking, legal, digital media, office skills, product designs, etc. It also has an internship program for bright learners. Practice tests, tutorials, and blogs; the Vskills website has a host of resources that you can benefit from.
- Course Name: Certified Technical Writer
- Duration of the Course: The online course is valid for a year.
- Course Fee: INR 3499/ + tax
- Batch/Mode: Online.
- Course Curriculum: The syllabus has around 20 modules which are:
- Planning to write
- Documentation plan
- General principles of writing
- Paragraphs and sections
- Professional secrets
- Writing specific kinds of documents
- Internal planning documents
- Lab reports
- PowerPoint presentations
- Editing and producing documents
- Fonts and typography
- Assessment: The test at the end of the course is for 60 minutes with no negative marking. There are tutorials and sample questions to help you understand the topics better.
- Certification: Receive a government certification valid for life. Earning the Vskills Technical Writer Certification can help you stand out in the job market and enhance your employment opportunity.
1113, Tower-2, Pearls Omaxe,
Pitampura, New Delhi
Telephone: 011-4734 4723
Not that into writing and prefer marketing? Then do check out the course that everyone is talking about, the Digital Marketing Course.
Black & White Technical Writing Institute
Black & White are documentation experts with extensive experience in technical writing and marketing communication. The company has its offices in Australia and Bangalore, India.
In terms of services, it provides author and documentation consulting, on-shore and off-shore writing. In terms of training, the company offers high-level training in technical writing and marketing communication.
The team at Black & White is a group of professionals with a shared passion for writing and strive to provide effective communication in the documentation and effective strategies in training.
The institute reiterates the importance of training even if candidates have a flair for the English language and an understanding of technology.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Certification Program
- Course Curriculum: The syllabus includes:
- Elementary English grammar,
- Writing skills
- Technical writing concepts
- Effective communication
- Tools used in technical writing
- The course is carefully designed to align with industry trends and balances conceptual classes with the practical lab sessions. With a fixed number of students per batch, there is a new batch every month.
With not much information on the course fee or duration, aspiring candidates may contact the institute to find more details.
Black & White Tech Writing Solutions (P) Ltd.
No.723/A, ESI Hospital Main Road,
3rd Block Rajajinagar,
Phone: 080 – 49540466
Mobile: +91 9880220007
If you prefer online courses, then take a few minutes and go through our top 10 technical writing courses with certification (Free & Paid).
Nano Science & Technology Consortium (NSTC)
NSTC is a non-government association that provides advanced education and training in the nanotechnology industry. Intending to nurture research, the organization encourages students and teachers to be more involved in nanotechnology and create a more skilled workforce.
Under its scientific and technical writing program, it offers specializations of content writing, instructional designing, technical writing, and medical writing.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Program
- Course Fee: INR 10,300/-
- Batch/Mode: A unique training methodology that combines distance learning (trainees get a training kit), eLearning with unique user ID and password, and multimedia CD. Trainees can expect program support via chat/email/web portal.
- Course Curriculum: The syllabus includes:
- Introductory technical writing and the writing process
- Nuances of English usage in technical writing
- Structured description, structured layout, and introduction to essential tools in technical writing
- Document design aspects and write technical descriptions
- Writing technical documents and ethics in technical writing
- Introduction to Darwin information typing architecture or DITA and technical editing
- Other Features: This is a self-study program where participants complete activities on the web portal and submit assignments and final articles. The organization actively guides, supports, and evaluates the submissions.
- Certification: After completing the course, trainees can give the final exam, which is online, to receive a certificate.
A-118 First Floor, Sector-63
Noida-201301, U.P, India
Winprotech is yet another leading technical writing institute in India. It provides customized training and learning solutions to companies since its inception in 2007. The range of services and training at Winprotech includes IT, finance and accounting, and software development.
To provide ultimate solutions to the clients, the company also accepts projects outside India and has a new global subsidy in London. Wipro, Unisys, AcmeGlobal, ANZ, GE Medical Systems are some of the esteemed clients at Winprotech.
You can learn the essential and sought-after skills in technical writing through their training program, moulding you into a professional technical writer.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Training
- Duration of the course: Two months with 30 hours of theory and 30 hours of practicals, and 20 hours of assessments with the trainer.
- Course Curriculum: The research-based training at Winprotech ensures hands-on learning, exposure to concepts from basic to advanced, giving you the confidence to compete in the job market. The syllabus includes four comprehensive modules (two theory and two practical) covering all aspects of technical documentation.
- Learn through interactive sessions, group discussions, and assessments that monitor your progress.
Candidates who wish to take up the course at Winprotech can contact them for more details such as course fees and batches, etc.
Winprotech IT Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
No.181/18, 3rd Floor, 5th Main,
Jayanagar 4th Block, Bangalore-560011
Tel: +91 80 4166 4222/4333/4099
Mobile: +91 9740390242
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning:
SCDL finds a prominent place in the technical writing institutes as it offers not just a short-term but a full-fledged postgraduate diploma in technical writing. The largest autonomous distance learning institute, SCDL, needs no introduction.
A renowned educational institute with its base at Pune, there are scores of Indian students who take up distance learning courses from SCDL and benefit. The institute provides certification programs, diplomas, and postgraduate diplomas across subjects like business management, international business, banking and finance, information technology, corporate law, and many others.
The postgraduate diploma in Technical writing course aims at improving the technical communication skills of trainees, preparing them with theoretical and practical aspects, opening up a world of opportunities for them.
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in technical writing in business management.
- Duration of the course: It is a two-year program with a validity of four years.
- Course Fee: INR 50,000/- as a one-time payment with a registration fee of INR 1200/-. Alternately, students can make the payment in two instalments of INR 35,00/ and INR 20,000/-
- Batch/Mode: Distance Learning.
- Course Curriculum: The two-year program at Symbiosis spreads over four semesters.
- The first semester covers English grammar, introduction to technical writing, information development life cycle, and writing style and editing.
- The second semester covers software tools, advanced concepts, project management, and principles and practices of management.
- Semester three includes business communication, instructional design, creative writing in business communication, and advanced documentation types and processes.
- The final semester includes advanced writing tools, research methodology, and the project.
- Certification: A certification from SCDL holds immense value, and you can explore a variety of career opportunities upon course completion.
1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
Henry Harvin also finds its name in the list of the top technical writing institutes in India. A career development centre, Henry Harvin offers job-oriented courses such as content writing, technical writing, digital marketing, TEFL, instructional design, lean Six Sigma, medical writing, GST, financial analytics, so on and so forth. With 300,000+ trained in 25+ cities, Henry Harvin has an alliance with 60+ colleges and 150+ corporates.
- Course Name: Technical Writing Course with Gold Membership
- Duration of the course: 16 hours of online sessions, 24 hours of brush-up sessions, and 50 hours of e-learning access.
- Course Fee and Mode:
- The self-paced course with lifetime support and access is at INR 8550/-
- The online course starts every week and is for INR 9500/-
- Course Curriculum: The syllabus includes:
- Introduction to technical writing
- Documentation process
- Technical writing process
- Grammar and editing
- Software tools
- Components of a technical document
- How to create a technical document template
- Overview of formats
- Soft skills development
- Resume writing.
- Other Features: Mentoring by trainers, one-year gold membership, monthly boot camp sessions, a flexible schedule, and recordings of all classes for a lifetime.
- Certification: Get the Henry Harvin Technical Writing Course Certification upon course completion.
C-108, 1st Floor, Sector-2,
Noida (UP)– 201301
Email: [email protected]
As technology advances further, there will be a launch of more and more new products and services, which will create a demand for technical writers. For every new product/service, it is essential to create easy to understand user guides or workflows or process flows for the commoner to understand. It is only logical that people buy more of what they understand and find useful.
Not just products and services, but white papers, case studies, emails with technical information, API documentation, memos, and more all fall under the realm of technical writing. Therefore, technical writing as a skill is invaluable and is future-proof at that. There are always opportunities galore in the job market for skilled technical writers.
It is up to your individual self to make the most of the wonderful and value-packed technical writing institutes that we have in India and carve out for yourself a dream career.