Top 6 Tally Courses in Pune With Placement Assistance
The finance and accounting industry is booming in Pune with a high demand for professionals. Tally is a powerful, easy-to-use software that simplifies financial analysis and management. Tally accounting software provides a solution for inventory management, stock management, and invoicing, it also helps maintain other protocols such as accounts receivable and payable, cash flow, and bank reconciliation. Tally is a hugely reliable source of secure data which can be accessed at any time. In this article, we will discuss the top 6 tally courses in Pune.
If you’re looking for a career in finance and accounting or are already a professional in the industry and are seeking a promotion, then learning Tally and obtaining a certificate will help you make that jump. Pune is a very popular place with many international banks at the heart of the city, all of which use Tally as a vital piece of software in their day-to-day work.
What is Tally?
Tally (Transactions Allowed in a Linear Line Yardis) is a popular finance and accounting software, used in businesses all over India. It is a flexible and efficient tool that offers comprehensive functionalities such as accounting, payroll, costing, finance, and inventory. It also helps with filing tax returns, managing profit, and loss statements, and calculating GST (Goods and Services Tax).
Tally has taken over the mundane tasks that originally accountants would have to input manually. Updated computer mechanics substitute long calculations meaning hard work and time required to fulfill the tasks are greatly decreased whilst the efficiency of accounting teams hugely increases.
Tally is available for anyone to learn and is often a practice that is learned online. There are plenty of online courses to take part in which will teach candidates how to use Tally from start to finish. As Pune is a hub for technology in India, some of the most prestigious accounting companies in India are located in Pune.
With this in mind, we can safely say that people wanting to learn Tally will benefit the most from understanding the top 6 Tally Courses in Pune, by the end of this article the answer to this will be clear.
Step-by-Step Guide To Use Tally
Step 1: Installation Procedure
Tally accounting software must only be purchased from its official website. A 30-day trial period is allowed before making a long-term purchase. The software offers a step-by-step demo, you will find this in ‘educational mode’, For windows, you should opt for ‘Tally 9’.
Step 2: Navigation Controls
Fortunately, the software can be used only by a keyboard, therefore there is no need to buy any additional external machine or add on software to navigate controls. To maneuver Tally like a professional, there are several keyboard shortcuts that can be used, you can find the specific codes to these shortcuts by Googling them online.
Step 3: Getting Started
The final step of the initial download is creating or registering a company on Tally. The user will need to create a company even if they are not using Tally for professional purposes. This step is vital in the process after the user has downloaded the software and fully understands the navigation controls.
Once the company is registered, the user will have to enter the details of the company, these details include the legal name of the company, telephone number, e-mail address, banking information, and statutory compliances. If you are using Tally as an accounting function, choose this option when you register. If you would like to use the inventory function too, choose the ‘accounts with inventory’ option instead. To finish getting started, enter the date and year of your financial accounting year.
Step 4: Understand The Ledgers
You will be required to create one of two ledgers available: ‘Cash’ and ‘Profit and Loss Account’. You will have to do this for every account that you do business with. Ledgers will record every transaction for that particular account. You can create unlimited ledgers.
Step 5: Open the Create Ledger window
Selecting ‘Accounts Info’ from the Gateway menu will create a ledger window, then choose the ‘ledgers’ option, after this you can choose or create single or multiple ledgers.
Step 6: Select the Group
When you are creating a ledger, first select the group assigned. It will affect how numbers and sales are totaled later if you don’t select the right group, so it is essential that you do.
Step 7: Give the ledger a name
Giving your ledger a name is best for ease during the process, it will help you remember what the ledger contains at a glance.
Step 8: Enter an Opening Balance
Ledgers will need to illustrate the balance it is starting with. If it is for your bank account then this would be the amount currently in it. If it is for the amount owed to a contractor then this amount would be the starting balance.
Step 9: Understand the purpose of vouchers
The tally comes with pre-configured vouchers with many popular choices. This document contains all details of a financial transaction.
Step 10: Choose the voucher you want to create
Go to the right menu to create your voucher. Select one that is suitable for your needs.
What is Tally Course?
Tally is one of the most popular pieces of accounting software in India. It is one of the most widely used software packages to date, therefore, most professionals in the field will be familiar with it. Having a Tally certification will give you a professional boost when looking for work in the industry.
The Tally Course is a 1-3 month online certification that teaches candidates in-depth about this accounting software and the features the software has to offer. Tally Courses are an excellent choice if you want to go into finance or accounting. There are also other courses like the Tally Diploma which takes 1-2 years to complete and advances your knowledge of Tally even further.
Fees range from INR 3,000 to INR 10,000, however, this varies based on the institution you decide to learn from. After completing the Tally course, popular career choices are in fields such as banking, accounting, tally operator, finance analysis, and more.
Tally course graduates can earn between INR 15,000 and INR 25,000 per month, depending on the level of certification they achieve (beginners tend to get paid less, whilst advanced or intermediate have an opportunity to earn more, and diploma level tally graduates are paid even higher).
Eligibility Criteria for Tally Course
To be eligible to partake in any Tally Course, candidates must be 10+2 with a qualified aggregate at a recognized college. Candidates must also have basic knowledge of business management and accounting is preferred. Students who want to take the Tally Course either as a graduate or postgraduate must be from a commerce background. The course will act as a professional boost for candidates looking to go into a career in accounting.
Fees and Duration of Tally Course
Tally Course Certifications can range between 1-3 months to complete. However, Tally course durations differ from one academic institution to another. Other Tally courses such as the Tally diploma take approximately 1-2 years to complete. Fees for the Tally Course range from INR 3,000 to INR 10,000, similarly, the price is dependent on the type of institution you opt to take the course with.
Benefits of Tally Course
There are many benefits of becoming a Tally certified professional, before Tally, accountants had to input transactions manually, this has since become a thing of the past. Thanks to Tally there are quick and effective solutions to many accounting issues usually created by human error. Other advantages of being certified in Tally are;
- Accuracy of Data – Data is automatically adjusted with new information inputted into the system, because of the auto adjustments, it is very difficult for Tally to get the information incorrect. It also automatically saves and is extremely reliable.
- Simple to Use – Whilst Tally collects data, it is also easy to navigate and enables the user to deep dive into each individual transaction, because of this, it guides businesses where work needs to be made to increase profit or if there are any outstanding payments needing to be made. All businesses need a way to check their cash flow and Tally is a fantastic support for this.
- Tally Vault – Tally Vault is a function within the software that ensures the safe keeping of data. Data Encryption ensures that it is impossible to break into the Tally vault.
- Industry Favourite Software – Tally as a piece of software is extremely popular amongst accounting professionals. It is very popular in all sizes of businesses, therefore, once the certification is complete, it will be much easier for candidates to be successful in their search for a job in their chosen field.
- Remote Access – The continuous movement of invoices between branches (or between business and home) means that the user can access Tally from wherever they need to.
The Curriculum of Tally Course
Below is a list of all the important modules which formulate the Tally Course;
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Company Formation
- Balance Sheet
- Printing of Cheque
- Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Limit
- Principles of Taxation
- TDS and its Calculation
- Data Synchronisation
- Cost Categories and Centres
- Stock Analysis and Transfer
- Understanding VAT and Excise Duty
- Sales and Purchased Order Processing
- Contra, Journal, and Manufacturing Voucher
Topics Explored in Tally Course
The following are the main topics that are explored in the Tally Course;
Accounting: Accounting is the main reason why Tally is useful. This software is created especially for accounting companies.
Billing: Billing is a significant part of accounting. A bill is generated after every accounting transaction which can be used for sending as an invoice or raising with a client.
Payroll: Payroll is a feature that can be used in small, medium, or large businesses. It is most relevant when a company has a good amount of colleagues working for them. Functions in Tally like employee groups, attendance, and pay heads are used when maintaining a thorough payroll.
Inventory: Keeping control of sales and the movement of stock is an integral part of a successful business. It is extremely important to understand what is coming in and out of a business so that sales can be accurately understood. Inventory keeps track of stock maintenance and supplies precise data.
Taxation (GST, TDS, TCS): In order for a business to exist, it should cooperate with the government by paying its required taxes. Tally produces any bill or invoice by providing VAT, excise, customs, service tax, and income tax which makes a simple solution for businesses when they have to consider complicated details such as income, sale, dispatch, and more.
Banking: In a world of digitalization, without online banking, no modern-day business can survive. TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) and GST (Goods and Service Tax) are calculated automatically with the help of a Tally. It is also useful for compiling tax returns.
Syllabus of Tally Course
The Syllabus of the Tally Course is split into four sections, starting with the basics and advancing throughout the program. Each section relays the fundamentals of the topics we discussed above.
- Creating Masters in Tally voucher entry and invoicing cost centers and cost categories
- Accounting and inventory management
- Getting started with Tally and fundamental features
- Basics of banking interest calculation and simple interest calculation
- Point of sale Different actual and billed quantities
- Essentials of Taxation
- Service Tax Excise (dealer and manufacturer) and Advanced features
Volume I Fundamentals of accounts and inventory
Volume II Advanced inventory and technological capabilities
Volume III Fundamentals of transaction
Tally Advanced Taxation
Volume IV Advanced Taxation
Volume V Payroll advance features
Volume I Fundamentals of accounts and inventory
Volume II Advance inventory and technological capabilities
Volume III Fundamentals of Taxation
Volume IV Advanced Taxation
Volume V Payroll and advanced features
- Online Tally Courses
- Tally Courses in Delhi
- Tally Courses in Mumbai
- Tally Courses in Kolkata
- Tally Courses in Chennai
Top 6 Tally Courses in Pune
SevenMentor offers one of the most comprehensive Tally courses in Pune. It is extremely detailed and available for anyone who wants to join. Using the latest Tally software, they teach students the program inside and out with the chance to work practically in every lesson.
Training provided from beginner to expert level. (beginner, intermediate and advanced)
This course takes 90 – 110 hours to complete. This covers teaching and practical sessions with real-time projects throughout.
There have already been over 100 batches who have finished the course with a 100% course completion record. Totaling 2000+ learners.
2. Training Earning
Training Earning was the 1st institute in India that provide customized accounting and GST courses. They have earned the recognition of being the best institute for Tally courses in Pune. The course has been designed by chartered accountants and industry-leading experts to ensure excellent quality of training.
- A fantastic option for a successful career.
- Students will learn basic accounting work which will reflect in any company or organization.
- Fundamentals of Accounts will be cleared at Training Earning with a special batch for Non-Commerce students.
- Students can become certified Tally accountants.
Synergy offers an even more extensive variation of Tally Courses in Pune. Alongside the Tally course, they offer extra training specifically about GST (Goods and Service Tax).
- In-depth knowledge of GST provisions
- Impact of GST on various sectors and their business models
- Practical training for GST registration and certification
- Technical skills to learn the new GST regime
- Live chat help and guidance
- Practice and assignment tests
- 150 hours of lessons
ACTE offers one of the best Tally courses in Pune with live instructor-led training sessions from certified experts in the field. ACTE provides 40+ hours of hands-on training, 3+ live projects, 25+ practical assignments, and 24/7 lifetime access to course material.
- Students are trained in how corporate companies conduct their interviews and offer placements.
- Encourage candidates to achieve their dream job with the help of appropriate industrial skills, and practical learning.
- Gaining knowledge of tally and advancement tools, exposure to the best practice in the industry, aptitude & soft skills.
- Get expert advice on Interview preparation, mock interviews, projects, and career guidance to grab fashionable job positions on high MNC.
- Abstract and interviews support for preparation
- Concepts: accounting, costing, managing inventory, payroll, GST, filing tax returns, managing profit, and loss statement, preparing a balance sheet, VAT forms, trial balance, and cash-flow report.
IPA offers computerized Tally Courses in Pune. It is completely job orientated and encourages students to gain a career upon completion.
- The course is completely online and can be done from home.
- Huge demand for Tally trained individuals – IPA encourages students to a career in the same.
- Encompasses main topics like Accounting, Taxation, GST, TDS, Income Tax, Billing, Inventory, Payroll, and Reporting.
- Course fees are 10,000 INR but can be made in 2 monthly installments (5,000 INR in each)
- Training program duration is 2 months, the first month for basics, the second month for advanced.
- Working professionals are also welcome to join the classes.
- Students get Tally Certificate and Tally Job placement Assistance from the IPA Tally training Institute in Pune.
Udemy offers a ‘crash course’ in Tally ERP 9, Tally Prime, and GST, which is why it’s one of the most popular Tally courses in Pune. It covers most of the basics on topics such as Accounting, Inventory, Sales & Purchase Orders, TDS, TCS, Payroll, GST, and many more with the only eligibility requirement that you must have a basic understanding of a computer.
- Training on Tally ERP 9 and the latest software, TallyPrime.
- How to create a company in Tally.
- Accounting basics like debits and credits will help you post entries with confidence.
- Voucher Entry – Learn to do voucher entry and check balance sheets for loss or gain of profit.
- Stock & Inventory Management in Tally – Set up details of Inventory and filter reports like availability of certain stock in the particular warehouse and its cost.
- Learn relevant taxation like VAT, CST, and Service Tax.
- Learn how a sales bill is generated in Tally in POS (Point of Sales).
- Bill of Materials (BOM) – Learn how a bill of material can be generated.
- Learn the procedure of TDS and TCS.
- GST in Tally – Learn about implementing GST Taxation and Reverse Charge Mechanism.
- Payroll in Tally – Learn to complete a corporate payroll setup that complies with government-prescribed deduction rates.
- Cost Center and Cost Categories.
- Budget in Tally.
- Bank Reconciliation.
May vary online as Udemy always offers discounted training sessions. Currently priced at 1590 INR.
Tools Learned From Tally Course
The Tally course provides an understanding of accounting software as a tool itself. However, it also covers many other topics which are essentially the foundation of the software. Tally Course goes into detail about the basics of accounting, covering topics like bookkeeping, invoicing, and budgeting.
Others are slightly more advanced concepts, such as cash flow analysis and financial statement preparation. The Tally Course provides enough information so that a candidate can go into the world of accounting fully prepared and comfortable enough to take on a full-time role within a company.
Careers with Salary on completion of Tally Course
There are plenty of different paths candidates can take upon completion of the Tally Course, all at their discretion. Some examples of job roles and their salaries which can be pursued on competition of one of the Tally Courses in Pune are;
|Tally Jobs||Salary per year (average)|
|Accounting Clerk||2.2 Lakhs|
|Junior Accountant||3 Lakhs|
|Accounting Coordinator||3.5 Lakhs|
|Accounting Associate||3.7 Lakhs|
|Tax Accountant||3.8 Lakhs|
|Accounts Executive||4 Lakhs|
|Accounts Supervisor||4.5 Lakhs|
FAQs About Tally Courses in Pune
Q1) Is Tally Course difficult to understand?
When the software is explored to start with, it may seem complicated. However, once candidates make their way through the course, it becomes a lot more simple to understand.
Q2) Can Tally be learned 100% online?
Tally Courses can be completed in full online.
Q3) Which one of the Tally Courses in Pune is the best to take?
Any Tally ERP 9 is regarded as the safest and most difficult to hack by many establishments across the world, therefore, the best tally course on the market would be ERP 9. It is recommended to pursue this one as a definite.
Q4) How much money can I make after completion of one of the Tally Courses in Pune?
This depends on the type of course you take. Beginners in Tally usually earn a lower amount at around 15,000 INR per month but with experience and time, this will rise. If you complete an advanced or diploma in Tally this could significantly increase your income to around 25,000 INR per month.
Q5) Is accounting an interesting field to join?
It depends on if the individual is interested in mathematics and finance, to begin with. There are plenty of industries that have high-profile companies regularly employing accounting professionals with a huge amount of interesting roles. Many candidates that are hired by these established companies have a qualification in Tally.
To conclude, there are plenty of Tally courses in Pune on offer. As Pune is a hub for the finance industry, associating itself with many huge banks which are known worldwide, there is ample opportunity for anyone interested in a career in accounting to consider taking one of the Tally courses in Pune.
Tally is an established piece of software that many businesses are familiar with and are likely to hire people with the background knowledge of to assist them in their day-to-day roles. It is ensured that on completion of one of the Tally courses in Pune, you will receive extra interest from employers and the certification will give you the professional boost to start your career in the finance and accounting industry.