‘Tally’ has a simple meaning, checking something in terms of amount. Based on this the software ‘Tally’ is named, which has been used in business since 1986. ‘Tally’ is a business management software solution for maintaining a business’s bookkeeping, tax, and other things in software. But proper training or knowledge should be needed to run or to use this software. For this, anyone should enroll in the course for the same. Proper training can add a feather to the cap of a candidate. But before enrolling in a course on the tally, people should aware of the Tally course syllabus in detail.
History of Tally:
There are various versions available in the market since Tally launched. The latest version of Tally is’Tally-ERP9’. Tally ERP9 comes with two variants. One variant is silver, for single-user and the second variant is Gold, for multi-user. Below is the version history of Tally.
|Sr. No.||Version||Year||OS using|
|2||Tally 5.4||1996||Graphic Interface version|
|3||Tally 6.3||2001||Windows with VAT with printing facility|
|5||Tally 8.1||–||Windows with a new data structure and new features|
|6||Tally 9||2006||New features with TDS, FBT, Payroll, E-TDS Filling|
|7||Tally 9||2009||Updated version with GST|
Tally can be used by any firm for day-to-day transactions; however, this software must first be bought. Tally offers a demo version of this program that can be used before purchase. For many eras, businesses are using manual accounting. But due to the many advantages of Software Accounting, people switch from Manual Accounting to Software Accounting. Let’s see what is the difference between Manual Accounting and Software Accounting.
|Basic||Software Accounting||Manual Accounting|
|Meaning||A computerized accounting method to electronically record financial statements is Tally software.||To keep track of corporate activity and financial transactions, manual accounting systems use registers and manual books.|
|Calculation||The computer performs the calculation automatically; just data entry is necessary.||A human performs all the calculations by hand.|
|Backup||Every piece of data is documented, saved, and capable of being backed up for later use||The backup mechanism is not there.|
|Financial Statement||It can be accessed by pressing a button.||After the period, month, or quarter, it is manually prepared.|
Before Jumping Into the Tally Course Syllabus, Let’s Get an Idea of a Few Questions:
- Tally course details
- What is tally?
- What is the importance of a tally?
- What are the eligibility criteria to get admission for tally?
- What are the tally course fees and duration?
- Which kind of jobs after the tally course?
Tally Course Details
- Students can do certificate or diploma courses in tally.
- Courses available online and offline in both the mode of learning
- Certificate course can be for 2 to 4 months
- A diploma course can be for 1 to 2 years
- After completing the tally course, one can search for a job in Banking, and MNCs such as an Accounts Officer, Tally Operator, Account Executive, and Financial Analyst.
- After a few years of experience with tally, one can get jobs in Foreign Trade, Budget planning, Inventory control, Merchant Banking, and public accounting firm.
What is Tally?
- Transactions allowed in linear line yards are the full form of TALLY.
- All small-scale or large-scale companies use tally for their business on a day-to-day basis.
- The purpose of using a tally is to keep business accounting information systematically with all possible details.
- Since tally is in the market, there are many versions of the tally. The latest one is Tally ERP 9
- Training in tally is very important for commerce students from a career perspective, as there are more chances to get job opportunities if students know tally
- Tally can do complex calculations and keep business-related things like accounts, inventory, payroll, reports, taxation, etc.
What is the Importance of the Tally?
- Tally aids in the organized recording of financial and monetary data.
- Using the Tally software, financial and monetary calculations can be made considerably simpler.
- By using tally, human error and mistaken identity can be greatly reduced.
- The simplicity of mathematics has simplified banking procedures significantly.
- With the most recent Tally features, you can multitask by performing two jobs concurrently, ranking them according to significance and urgency.
- The Tally functions at a very fast rate, making it a highly effective system.
- It has a robust security system that operates in the background and aids in the secure retention of documents.
- Because digital computer-based software has replaced manual labor and human effort, the accounting and banking departments’ overall speed has grown significantly as a result of Tally.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria to Get Admission for Tally?
Below are the eligibility criteria to get admission in a certificate or diploma tally course
- A person should have 10+2 or equivalent in any stream, preferred in commerce stream can apply
- A person should have basic knowledge of Accounting is preferred
- A person who completed graduation can also apply to this course and get an advantage for jobs in the accounting field.
- A person interested in Accounts, Business, Finance, or Business Management is best for this course
What Are the Tally Course Fees and Duration?
Fees and duration of the tally courses can vary based on the institute. But the basic average duration and fees for the tally course are as below:
- Tally certificate course duration between 1 – 3 months. While tally diploma course can be 1-2 years in duration
- The average fee for the tally course is 5,000 – 12,000 INR. But this fee can vary depending on the institute and course a person chooses.
Which Kind of Jobs After the Tally Course?
After completing the tally course, various job positions can be available depending on the level of expertise and course a person has pursued. Jobs available and the average salary for each job, after tally courses are as below:
- Account Executive – Average Annual Salary between INR 2.1 – INR 7 lakhs
- Junior Accountant – Average Annual Salary between INR 0.2 – INR 3.8 lakhs
- Data Entry Operator – Average Annual Salary between INR 0.2 – INR 3.0 lakhs
- Accounts Assistant – Average Annual Salary between INR 0.5 – INR 4.0 lakhs
- Tally Operator – Average Annual Salary between INR 0.1 – INR 3.2 lakhs
Now, Let Us Get Into a Tally Course Syllabus:
Tally is all about business bookkeeping and related things. Here, business means any small-scale or large-scale business. Keeping the business on track, keeping accounting properly, managing people and their wages, paying taxes on time, keeping watch on inventory, preparing bills, and generating invoices is an important task.
The tally makes all these things easy with one software. But all these things will be easy if proper training is taken by the person. Without understanding the system it is impossible to use it efficiently. The Tally course includes many subjects/topics/concepts such as Accounting, Payroll, Billing, Taxation, Banking, and Inventory. All these subjects have their importance in business.
Accounting is the main area of any business. As tally is software for business, accounting is the main subject in Tally.
When there are several employees, payroll comes into the picture. There should be accountability of people and their wages on monthly basis should be kept in the books of account. There are many payroll-related functions in Tally like groups, categories, pay heads, and attendance.
Billing is an essential part of any business to keep records of expenses and revenue. When any entry into the account of the business, the bill needs to be generated, and needs to send an invoice for future use. The whole process of billing is included in the Tally.
Any firm that wants to succeed needs to work with the state and federal governments by paying the necessary taxes. Because Tally can provide VAT, Income Tax, Excise, Customs, Service Tax, and other taxes, it makes it simpler to prepare any bill or invoice.
Banking is increasingly vital to the survival of the firm as digitization increases. Direct and indirect taxes can be automatically calculated, together with their returns, using Tally ERP, TDS, and GST.
Stock upkeep is one of the most crucial tasks for any organization. It will enable better management of corporate revenues and sales. As a result, stock movement is crucial to controlling the firm; nevertheless, doing so requires an understanding of inventory and portfolio upkeep.
Popular accounting software is called a Tally. The Tally course syllabus was created by authorized Tally experts to assist students in performing inventory, accounting, and fundamental taxation tasks at various levels of proficiency.
Tally Course Syllabus:
The highly respected Tally Course instructs students in accounting, inventory control, GST, and TDS. However, students in the BBA, BCom, M.Com., and MBA Finance or Banking programs receive a brief introduction to tally as part of their curriculum. There are neither undergraduate nor graduate tally courses. The Tally Course covers a wide range of financial and banking-related topics. The list of foundational subjects covered in Tally courses is provided below.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Goods and Services Tax
- Company Formation
- Balance Sheet
- Printing of Cheque
- Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Limit
- Principles of Taxation
- TDS and its Calculation
- Data Synchronization
- Cost Categories and Centers
- Stock Analysis and Transfer
- Understanding VAT and Excise Duty
- Sales and Purchase Order Processing
- Contra, Journal, and Manufacturing Voucher
The list of the above tally course syllabus can vary in the different institutes. But fundamentals would remain the same. Various levels are depending on the certificate or diploma course a student chooses.
Also Read: Online Tally Courses
Tally Course Syllabus of Different Levels Are Below:
1. Tally Course Syllabus for Tally Essential
Level 1 (Recording and Reporting):
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Maintaining Chart of Accounting
- Data Security
- Introduction to Tally Prime
- Recording and Maintaining Accounting Transactions
- Generating Financial Statements and MIS Reports
- Company Data Management
Level 2 (Accounts payable and Receivable)
- Storage and Classification of Inventory
- Purchase and Sales Order Management
- Cost/Profit Centers Management
- Generating and Printing Reports
- Accounts Receivable and Payable Management
- Tracking Additional Cost of Purchase
- Budgets and Scenarios
Level 3 (Taxation and Compliance)
- Good and Service Tax
- Management of Business Data
- Tax Deducted at Source
- Moving to the Next Financial Year
2. Tally Course Syllabus for Tally Simplified
- Creating Masters in Tally
- Invoicing Cost Centers and Cost Categories
- Getting started with Tally
- Basic Banking Interest Calculation
- Point of Sale
- Voucher Entry
- Accounting and Inventory Management
- Fundamental Feature of Tally
- Simple Interest Calculations
- Different, Actual, and Billed Quantities
- Essentials of Taxation
- Advanced Features
- Service Tax Excise (Dealer and Manufacturer)
3. Tally Course Syllabus for Tally Comprehensive
- Volume 1 – Fundamentals of Account and Inventory
- Volume 2 – Advanced Inventory and Technological Capabilities
- Volume 3 – Fundamentals of Taxation
- Volume 4 – Advanced Taxation
- Volume 5 – Payroll and Advanced Features
4. Tally Course Syllabus for TDS using Tally
Introduction to TDS
- Fundamentals of TDS
- Introducing Capital to Business
Configuring TDS at Different Levels
- How to activate TDS
- Creation of TDS Masters
- Defining TDS at Group and Ledger
Basic TDS Transaction
- Booking of Expenses
- Deducting TDS on multiple expenses
Advanced TDS Transaction – Part A
- Booking Advanced Expenses
- Reversal of Expenses
Advanced TDS Transaction – Part B
- TDS on Works Contract attracting GST
- TDS on interest Paid
TDS Payment to Department
- Basic TDS Transactions
- TDS Payment to the Government and Other Transactions
- Generating TDS Challan
- Generating TDS Reports
Let’s See the Details of Each Subject:
- Basic Of Accounting
- Types of Accounts
- Accounting Principles or concepts
- Mode of Accounting
- Rules of Accounting
- Double entry system of bookkeeping
- Fundamentals Of Tally ERP 9
- Company Features
- Getting functions with Tally ERP 9
- Creation and setting up of the Company in Tally 9
- Accounting Master in Tally ERP 9
- Chart of Groups
- Multiple Groups
- Multiple Ledgers
- Inventory Masters in Tally ERP 9
- Stock Groups
- Multiple Stock Groups
- Stock Categories
- Multiple Stock Categories
- Units of Measure
- Stock Items
- Vouchers Entries in Tally ERP 9
- Types of Vouchers
- Chart of Vouchers
- Accounting Vouchers
- Inventory Vouchers
- Advanced Accounting in Tally ERP 9
- Bill-wise Details
- Cost Centers and Cost Categories
- Multiple Currencies
- Interest Calculations
- Budget and Control
- Scenario Management
- Bank Reconciliation
- Advanced Inventory in Tally ERP 9
- Order Processing
- Reorder level
- Batch-wise Details
- Bill of Materials
- Different Actual ad Billed Quantities
- Price List
- Zero-valued Entries
- Additional Cost Details
- Taxes in Tally ERP 9
- TDS Reports
- TDS Online Payments
- TDS Return Filling
- TDS Certificate issuing
- 26AS Reconciliation
- Tax Collected at Source
- Tax Collected at Source Reports
- GST Returns
- Professional Tax
- Technological Advantages in Tally ERP 9
- Tally vault
- Security Control
- Tally Audit
- Backup and Restore
- Split Company Data
- Import and Export of Data
- Printing Reports and Cheques
- Create a Company Logo
- Payroll Accounting in Tally ERP 9
- Employee Creation
- Salary Define
- Employee Attendance Register
- Pay heads Creation
- Salary Reports
- Generating Reports in Tally ERP 9
- Financial Statement
- Trading Account
- Profit and Loss Account
- Balance Sheet
- Accounts books and Reports
- Inventory Books and Reports
- Exception Reports
- Statutory Report
- Payroll Reports
- Trail balance
- Day Book
- List of Accounts
- Stock Summary
- Outstanding Statement
All these will be a part of the syllabus and get updates when a new version of the tally comes or if tax-related rules get changed.
Here are the top-ranked Tally Courses in Delhi
After Doing a Tally Certificate or Diploma Course, Tally as a Career is as Below:
- Graduates of Tally courses can expect to make between 5 and 10 lakhs Indian rupees annually.
- Your choice of tally certification will greatly affect your ability to earn a living from tally employment.
- Those who study basic tally courses or certification make INR 15,000 per month, as opposed to those who pursue advanced tally certification, who make more than INR 25,000 per month.
- There are numerous job opportunities in the business and financial worlds to apply for after completing a Tally training.
- Small enterprises, schools, hospitals, and of course the economic behemoths known as MNCs all need to maintain accounting records.
- Different opportunities come with different salaries. Following are some of the jobs you can apply for after finishing a Tally course, along with job descriptions.
Name of the Companies, Which Hire Tally Course Graduates:
- Vodaphone Idea
- Surya Roshni
- Infosys BPM
- DXC Technology
- Ekart Logistic
Skills Required to Operate Tally:
- Knowledge of Tally
- Knowledge of Accounting
- Knowledge of Cash handling
- Knowledge of Billing and Vouchers
- Knowledge of Taxation
- Knowledge of Auditing
- Knowledge of Payroll
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How many types of tally?
There are three types of tally.
- Single User
- Auditors Edition
Q2. Tally is hard to learn?
No, the tally is not hard to learn. Especially people who have a commerce background, for them it is very easy. The purpose of tally software is to keep business account-related everything in a manageable manner. So, if someone knows the account can easily learn this software.
Q3. Is Tally necessary for a commerce graduate?
No, a tally is not necessary for a commerce graduate. But nowadays, the computer is used for bookkeeping and other business-related things. So, if someone learns tally can have added value from a professional perspective. If someone has proper knowledge of tally then easy for the person in jobs where accounting-related things are done by Tally and less chance to replace by new resources.
Q4. What is the salary in India after doing the tally course?
For new hires, the compensation range is between INR 9,000 and 10,000 per month, and after six to twelve months of experience, it can go to INR 15,000 to 30,000 per month. Your income will significantly increase if you put in a lot of effort, have excellent time management skills, and can work for multiple companies.
Q5. Tally will be in demand in the future?
Yes, of course, the tally will be in demand in the future. As it is connected to small-scale to large-scale businesses, it will never be out of demand in the future. But yes, new versions of tally will come in the future as tax-related things will change or business laws change, and the tally course syllabus will be changed accordingly.
Let’s Conclude Tally Course Syllabus:
We are intended to be digitally sculpted by the digital environment. The way the banking sector or the accounting division used to operate has also changed. There are now more innovative ways to perform the same old tasks. This is in all areas of life including business and bookkeeping of business. But for all change there is only one solution in terms of business management is a Tally. Even if we are all capable of making mistakes, if there was a way to be aware of them, life would be much simpler for everyone.
Tally performs complex calculations and digitally stores the results. When using tally, one must adhere to certain rules and guidelines, but ultimately tally makes things simpler. Tally’s accounting features are nothing new, but the method that business accounts are maintained is unique and hassle-free. I hope this article about tally course syllabus gives you more insight into the syllabus for getting the right course.