There used to be a time when people used to write all the financial transactions by hand and keep them in documents. In today’s time, computers are used in all types of businesses for complex calculations in accounting. These computations cannot be done without software in the computer. Whenever we talk about accounting on computers, the first name that strikes our minds is Tally. In this world of competition and growing businesses, Tally has become one of the best, most reliable, and fastest accounting software, which meets the complex accounting needs of the business. Many short and long-term tally classes are available to learn about tally software.
Let’s have an of idea what is Tally all about and why it is important to learn Tally to boost your career in the accounting field.
Table of Contents
- What is Tally?
- Why do we need Tally?
- Tally Course Details
- Who can pursue it?
- Eligibility criteria to undertake the Tally course
- Duration of the course
- Fee structure of the course
- Best online Tally Certificate courses
- Basic Concepts covered in Tally
- What will you learn in Tally?
- Job Opportunities and Career Prospects after Tally Course
- Salary After Tally Courses
- FAQs on Tally Courses
What is Tally?
The word “Tally” in simple English means a record or count of a number of things which is an apt name for accounting software. A tally is a software developed by Goenkas in 1986, which is used for all the tasks related to accounting of any business, company, bank, or government office like keeping records of transactions, maintaining them, and keeping its data safe.
Tally provides comprehensive solutions for accounting principles, stock management, and data integrity. Tally is the best accounting software that is very commonly used to record day-to-day business activities and calculate financial payments in small and mid-level businesses.
Moreover, various multinational companies also use this software as it is easy to use and helps in managing the inventory in a company. In simple words, a Tally is used for keeping track of the accounts of a company.
Why Do We Need Tally?
Every enterprise needs to track expenses and calculate gains from several investments. Accounting is a prime function of all businesses and when we keep manual records, unpreventable discrepancies may occur. Hence, to avoid such mistakes and to execute all calculations judiciously, one must use this software, which will help eliminate all human errors and improve efficiency.
This software lets you do all the Banking, Auditing and Accounting Works in a simplified manner. Tally’s accounting features allow the recording of business transactions instantly and effortlessly. Tally is a complete accounting system, that aids to manage all business processes from auditing and accounting, inventory, and banking to payroll management.
Tally follows a double-entry accounting system and hence eliminates and rectifies possible errors and provides a clear picture of the financial health of the company. Tally software can be learned by attending a few tally classes available in both online and offline modes.
Tally Course Details
For two decades now, Tally has been the primary tool for accountants. It is one of the most essential skills to have for great job opportunities. If you are a business owner or a freelance accountant, you still need to learn some accounting software and tally is one such user-friendly tool.
Tally courses are generally 1–3 months long which is an excellent option for those who want to pursue a career in Accounting. With the increasing demand for good accountants in India, companies demand skilled accountants with tally skills. Thus, the Tally course has become one of the most popular courses after the 12th.
Tally courses cover in-depth knowledge of concepts related to inventory management, GST, and TDS calculation, modifying company details, etc. to meet up with the accounting requirements of the industry. With a variety of choices from basic tally courses to diplomas, you can become an expert in tally.
Tally classes are available offline as well as online at the Certificate and Diploma levels. These courses not only teach the concepts but also helps you learn how you can Practically implement those concepts in your Day-to-Day Accounting Process with practical examples and entries in tally.
Who Can Join Tally Classes?
- Anyone can pursue this course who wants to learn and execute accounting, inventory, and taxation work on Tally. Candidates can opt for the tally course after completing their class 12 education preferably from the commerce stream and from a recognized board.
- Accountants from each sphere of the accounting world (Chartered Accountants, Chartered Management Accountants, Cost accountants, etc.) or any other professional who must work on Tally Software.
- Every commerce student must learn Tally Course with GST.
- An entrepreneur or top management must have knowledge of Tally Software so that they can analyze data, and keep track of cash and fund flows, profits, finance, reporting, and another knowledgeable thing that could help them in crucial Decision Making.
- Start-ups & small business owners.
Eligibility Criteria to Undertake Tally Course
- Candidate must have completed his/her secondary education, i.e., 10+2 or equivalent (candidates from any stream can apply, commerce students would be preferred)
- Applicant should have basic knowledge of Business Management and Accounting.
- As Tally is a computer-based software course, thus, computer, technical and numerical skills are required.
Duration of the Course
The duration of certificate courses ranges from 2 to 4 months, while that of diplomas ranges from 1 to 2 years. Tally ERP 9 Course can be learned within 2 months. In the first month of tally classes, you will learn the basics of accounting while using tally software and in the second month, you will get to know about more advanced concepts like GST, TDS, Service Tax Payroll, etc.
Fee Structure of the Course
The Tally course is very affordable in monetary terms. The average cost to join Tally classes ranges from INR 3,000 – INR 15,000. The Fee varies from one academic institution to another, and it also depends upon the duration of the course. It could range from INR 3,000-INR to 5,500 for a basic course. Advanced tally courses can be pursued within the range of INR 8,000- 15,000. The fee could also vary in terms of the mode of learning (online or offline).
Best Online Certification for Tally Classes
Tally accounting courses are available offline as well as online mode. All the following online tally classes give you a step-by-step guide to learning tally from the comfort of your place. Tally is one of the best short-term professional courses undertaken by graduates or working professionals to get a job or to get a boost in their career.
This course is drafted to assist learners to gain a level of skillfulness and expertise in the field of accounting, bookkeeping, taxation, inventory management, billing, and so on. The latest version of tally software is Tally ERP 9 and Tally Prime. 12 online certificate courses for Tally are listed below-
1. Tally Prime Basic + Advance + GST by Udemy:
Udemy is a very popular online learning platform for its budget-friendly courses. It offers a variety of courses for tally under INR 500 and can be accessed from anywhere in the world. Some good-rated courses offered by Udemy are Tally Prime Training with GST 2022, Tally ERP 9: A complete guide, and Tally.ERP9 with GST (Incl. Tally Prime), Tally Authorized Faculty, and many more apart from the mentioned course.
No experience is required to join the course
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile, TV, and desktop
Duration:23hrs 24min (105 lectures)
2. Tally Bookkeeper Professional Certificate by Coursera:
Coursera is an open online course provider that offers various online courses of all sorts. There are many courses available on Coursera related to computerized accounting at affordable prices. Tally bookkeeping is one of them.
No degree or prior experience required
This certification includes 3 courses (Fundamentals of Accounting and Reporting, Principles of Accounts Payable and Receivable Management, and Basics of Compliance and Taxation).
Instructor: Tally Education Pvt. Ltd. (TEPL)
Duration: 4 months (approx.)
3. Tally ERP 9 by National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology, Kohima:
NIELIT Kohima is a state government institute that offers short-term and long-term online certificate courses in several disciplines. This course teaches the topics on concepts, tools, and techniques of accounting using tally.
Minimum qualification: 10+2 passed
Duration: 2 months @ 2hrs per day
Certificate awarding body: NIELIT, Kohima
4. Tally Online Training by GangBoard–
GangBoard is an online institute offering plethora of courses. Tally online course provides you with integrated accounting software training accepted globally.
Minimum qualification: Graduation with commerce or science
Fully Hands-on Training
Certification at Gangboard is accredited worldwide
Price: One-to-One Online Training – Rs.25,000
Virtual Training – Rs.20,000
5. Diploma in Tally ERP 9.0 with GST Course by Indian Institute of Skill Development Training-
The Indian Institute of Skill Development Training is an ISO Certified Govt. Registered Skill Development Training and Vocational Education Autonomous Institution.
Eligibility Criteria: 10th-pass candidates are eligible to take this course.
Examination: After completion of the course, the student must pass an online to obtain the diploma certificate. There will be 30 multiple choice questions of 60 minutes duration (no negative marking). Maximum marks are 600 out of which 40% marks are required to pass the exam.
After course completion, free job assistance is provided as per the interest area.
The certificate provided by IISDT has a lifetime validity
6. Tally Accounting Software Course by City Commerce Academy–
City Commerce Academy is ranked among the best institutes for providing online Accounts and Taxation Training in India. The courses are specifically designed for beginners and candidates coming from non-commerce backgrounds. There are many short-term courses such as GST, Income Tax, TDS, Payrolls, Balance Sheet, and Tally. All their accounting courses are based on unique techniques. Basic to Expert level courses are provided by this institute.
- Course-1 (Business Accounting)- for freshers as well as experienced accountants.
- Course-2 (Accounts Expert)- 100% practical.
- Course-3 (Tax expert)- complete the taxation course from basics to online returns. It is recommended to finish course 1 and course 2 before enrolling in course 3.
- Course-4 (Accounts and Tax expert)- It is one course with a combination of course-1, 2, and 3.
Practice projects are provided for practical learning. Flexible learning hours help to learn according to the time availability without missing any class.
7. Tally Certification and Online Training Course by Besant Technologies-
This tally course covers all sections of tally topics like Financial Accounting Overview, different types of VAT systems, Standard tax study, TDS method, FBT process, preparation of reports, CST Value study, Stock Management Payroll, Budgets Study, tax entry, Data backup, and recovery, etc.
This course is crafted for students to enter the business world as Accounts Executives, Junior accountants, Tally operators, and Accountant trainees.
- Free Demo class available
- 100% job-oriented training
- Flexible timings
- Helps in Real time projects.
- Certification from Besant Technologies increases the value of your resume as it is accredited globally.
Duration: 30+ hours
Price: One-to-One Online Training – Rs.25,000
Virtual Training – Rs.20,000
8. Online Tally Course by FITA Academy–
This course enables you to master the software under the guidance of real-time industrial experts as trainers. Learning comes with live projects at affordable prices with flexible timings. The curriculum of the course is crafted according to global industry standards. Hands-on training with real-time accounting work is the cherry on the cake.
- Option of classroom training, as well as Instructor-led Live online training, is available.
- Flexible timings
- Opportunity to work on Real time live projects.
- Get equipped to clear Global certifications.
- Placement support
9. TallyPrime with GST by Tally Education–
TallyPrime with GST is a course for learners belonging to Accounting, Finance, Data Analysis, and MIS. This course is enriched with real-life business scenarios and industry recognized tally certificate is awarded on completion.
- Flexible timings, self-learning videos
- Accessibility to content for 6months
- Industry- recognized Tally Certificate after completion
- Lifelong access to Tally Job Portal
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
10. Tally Online Course with Certification by Inventateq- B
Both online and offline classes are available at Inventateq. Basics to advanced level Tally courses are taught by industry-experienced trainers. Practical training on accounting projects helps in in-depth knowledge of the subject.
- Pre-recorded learning modules and updated study material along with flexible learning hours help students to go through it anytime.
- Demo projects.
- Free software installation is an additional benefit of enrolling in the course
- Placement support and internship opportunity
- The support system of Inventateq assists in Resume building and interview preparation.
- The installment plan of the institute makes the course affordable.
11. Tally ERP 9 Expert Course by Tally Training–
The Tally ERP 9 Expert course is offered by the Tally Training online learning platform. This course covers in-depth knowledge to meet the requirements of the business. Practical implementation of concepts is taught step by step with practical examples and entries in tally.
- Eligibility criteria: Anyone can join this course who wants to learn about accounting.
- Tally classes are delivered in the Hindi Language.
- Free Demo class available
- Flexible timings
12. TallyPrime Certification Course by Henry Harvin Accounts Academy-
TallyPrime certification is a 9-in-1 course. Learn the latest accounting software used in accounting, taxation software, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Billing, payroll, and inventory.
- Hallmark Certification Certified Tally Accountant
- Regular Bootcamps for one year
- Free access to #AskHenry Hackathons and competitions
- 100% Placement Guarantee
- Internship assistance
Duration: 28 hours
Basic Concepts in Tally Classes
- Introduction of Tally
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Company creation and Opening accounting
- Opening a ledger account
- modify a company detail
- Create a godown and maintain an inventory
- Set the price list and the budget
- A brief introduction to F11 and F12
- Profit and loss balance sheet of accounting
- Introduction and Calculation VAT, TDS
- Understanding excise duty and customs duty
What Will You Learn in Tally Classes?
- Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Invoicing and Accounting
- Flexible Purchase and Sales Management
- Multi-currency Support and Multiple Price level
- Inventory Management
- Multiple Stock Valuation
- Manufacture and expiry date management
- Business Reports (Accounting Reports, Financial Reports, Inventory Reports, and Management Control Reports)
- Receivable and Payable Management
- Ageing Analysis
- Multiple Bill settlements
- Interest Calculations
- Cash and Funds Flow
- Cash Flow Projection
- Credit Control Techniques
- GST Compliance and Filing
- E-invoice and e-way billing
- Audit Trail Compliant
- Managing TDS and TCS
- Management of data from previous and current tax regimes
- Banking (Cheque management, e-payments, bank reconciliation)
- Cost Centre and Profit center management
- Business Forecasting
- Payroll accounting and salary processing
- Multiple employee grouping
- Sales and Profit Analysis
- Job work analysis
Job Opportunities and Career Prospects after Tally Classes
Upon the completion of the Tally course, there are various job opportunities to apply for in the world of business and finance. All types of business organizations and institutions require to keep track of their accounts and finances – from small enterprises, schools, and hospitals to the big business houses known as MNCs.
After finishing your Tally classes (depending on basic or advanced level), the major job responsibilities awaiting you are as follows:
- Tally Junior Accountant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Associate
- Accounts Executive
- Tally Operator
- Data Entry Operator
- Tally Accounts Manager
- Service Coordinator with Tally
- Tax Accountant
- Accounting Assistant
- Supervisory Accountant
- Financial Tally Analyst
There are many more career prospects apart from the above-mentioned list. It depends upon the type of organization, economic activity, size, geographical location, and so on and so forth.
Salary After Tally Courses
The average Salary after Tally Courses can vary from 2 – 10 Lakhs. This variation in salary range is based on experience, level of certification, and several other factors. After completing a Foundation or an Intermediate level certification in Tally, a fresh candidate can earn an annual package of INR 2,00,000- 4,00,000.
Whereas, the candidates who obtained an advanced level Tally course/diploma and get qualified as a Tally expert, can earn a handsome amount with a starting salary package of around INR 5,00,000- 7,00,000. This is not the limit. One can make more money with practice and experience in this field of study.
1. What is the full form of a Tally?
Tally in accounting language stands for Transactions Allowed in a Linear Line Yards.
2. Are Tally courses hard to learn?
No, it is a very user-friendly accounting tool and simple to learn if you are from a commerce background. It’s again not very complicated if you are from a non-commerce stream too. It could be learned with good numerical and technical skills. It all depends on the time devoted to practice.
3. Is Tally a Good Course?
Indeed, it is a good course and is the most widely used software in today’s financial world.
4. What type of jobs can I get after 12th with just Tally courses?
There are some jobs that one can get straight away after finishing Tally classes: Data entry, accountant trainee, etc. But, these are low-paying jobs. So, it is advisable to have a graduation or post-graduation degree in the relevant field alongside the course for better prospects.
5. What is the scope of tally courses?
Tally courses are skill-enriched courses that help you increase your chances of getting employment. There are always vacancies in small to big enterprises for certified Tally candidates. Although the remuneration will be low in some cases, Tally certified/diploma holders are in high demand in the country and overseas as well. Freelancing work is also available these days which pays off well. Also, part-time, or contractual jobs are flooded in the market for Tally experts. Thus, having a Tally certification is a win-win situation as it could help you to obtain a job or you can manage your own business finances.
6. Which tally course is best?
Tally ERP 9 and nowadays TallyPrime (cloud-based) are best as per market requirements as it is safe and difficult to hack.
7. Can I take tally training online?
Yes, you can choose from above mentioned online tally courses.
In the end, we can say that Tally is essential accounting software used by and large in every small to big organization for various purposes and Tally classes help an individual in mastering this skill-based accounting tool. Basic Tally software welcomes you in the fundamentals of accounting and takes you along in more specialized fields at advanced levels. The primary requisite to enter this domain is basic knowledge of computers and commitment to acquire this basic skill to enter the business world.