Did you know investment bankers are one of the highest-paid personnel in the banking sector? As prospective as this career sounds, it’s equally competitive. Investment bankers synergize their financial expertise with analytical and persuasive skills to help their clients accomplish financial goals. If this piques your interest, then investment banking courses can be your stepping stone to breaking into this field. These courses prepare you to pursue this lucrative career. So, let’s explore the top 10 institutes with investment banking course duration and how they help you up your skills.
The time is always right for those who strive to upskill their financial competence. The same holds true for investment banking. The remunerative realm of investment banking revolves around investments (as the name suggests), raising funds from capital markets, administering securities, and more.
Whether you are a novice exploring a career in finance, an experienced professional, or just graduated, there’s probably a training program for everyone. When it comes to training courses, not all of them are paid. You would be surprised to know how many free courses out there are exceptionally good at imparting knowledge.
However, some paid courses entail takeaways from the real world, thereby empowering you with unique skill sets. These are for those who seek specialization. Let’s break down the courses into two categories – paid and free versions- and explore each of them separately.
You can also read:
- Investment Banking Analyst Jobs
- Investment Banking Skills
- Investment Banking Interview Questions
- Investment Banking Services in Hyderabad
- Investment Banking Salary
- Investment Banking Books
- Investment Banking Internships in Delhi
- Investment Banking Internships in Mumbai
Investment Banking Investment Banker Course Duration and Course Details – Free
Although the term “free” invokes a mixed response of sounding exciting to some candidates and setting many people off, these are the most valuable courses that are often overlooked. Free courses provide substantial training on financial advising, financial risk management, financial and government institution services, and more. Following are some of the top free training courses that are popular.
1. IIM SKILLS
Vaibhav Kakkar is the founder of IIM SKILLS. He started this educational company in the year 2015 with their first course in content writing. IIM SKILLS is headquartered in Delhi and operates globally through an online platform.
They now have a wide range of certified courses that they offer on a digital platform which gives their students learning in their comfort zones with their current commitments.
Among the list of their high-ranking courses, the Investment Banking Course has top ratings. The investment banking course syllabus by IIM SKILLS covers all the important topics that are as per the current market standards.
It is a 3-month course that has live training sessions with weekly practical assignments followed by a 1-month guaranteed internship. IIM SKILLS also gives 100% assurance on job placements after completing the course.
Key Benefits You Have With IIM SKILLS:
- Certifications which has global recognition.
- Guaranteed internship.
- Guaranteed job placements.
- 100% focused on practical & tool-oriented training.
- Live recordings of the live training sessions are shared after every training session with each of their course participants.
- zero charges with lifetime access to their learning materials.
- 24*7 helpline services to guide and support their student to achieve their career goals.
- Full assistance in portfolio building & interview preparations.
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course Review
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Data Analytics Course
+919580740740, [email protected]
Find here the top-ranked investment banking courses for career advancement:
- Investment Banking Courses in India
- Investment Banking Courses in Delhi
- Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad
- Investment Banking Courses in Mumbai
- Investment Banking Courses in Bangalore
- Investment Banking Courses in Gurgaon
2. Erasmus University, Rotterdam – Advanced Valuation and Strategy
Designed to impart an in-depth understanding of financial valuation strategies and techniques used by analysts and investors, this course trains students on how to evaluate various investment opportunities.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 4 weeks
Offered By: Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Financial Modeling: This covers complex financial models to analyze and evaluate a wide range of investments, such as equity and debt securities, derivatives, real estate, and more.
- Financial Valuation Techniques: This includes basic and moderate valuation techniques to evaluate companies and investments, including option pricing models and real options analysis.
- Portfolio Risk Management: Managing risk and building a diversified investment portfolio are covered in this module. This includes portfolio optimization techniques.
- Corporate Finance Strategies: Capital structure optimization, share repurchases, and dividend policy are some of the top advanced corporate finance strategies covered here.
Explore more about the best:
- Online Investment Banking Courses
- Investment Banking Courses in Noida
- Investment Banking Courses in Chennai
- Investment Banking Courses in Pune
- Investment Banking Courses in Trichy
3. Wall Street Mojo – Investment Banking Course
Wall Street Mojo offers a free online course on investment banking. The course lasts for about 30+ hours and covers all the basics. It is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the investment banking sector.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 30+ hours
Offered By: Wall Street Mojo
- Financial Statement Analysis: The students are trained to read and analyze financial statements, such as income statements, cash flow statements, and balance sheets.
- Valuation Strategies: This involves evaluating a business using multiple techniques, such as Comparable Company Analysis (CCA), Precedent Transaction Analysis (PTA), and Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis.
- Merger and Acquisition Modeling: Candidates learn to create financial models for analyzing mergers and acquisitions.
- Leveraged Buyout Modeling: Here, training is provided to build financial models for analyzing leveraged buyouts.
You can also read:
- Investment Banking Courses in the World
- Investment Banking Courses With Placements
- Investment Banking Courses For Beginners
- Investment Banking Courses After the 12th
4. Bocconi University – Private Equity and Venture Capital
This course is divided into four modules and the training given in one module builds on the skills imparted in the previous module. Such gradual knowledge-building empowers candidates to go out and explore new opportunities.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 4 weeks
Offered By: Bocconi University
- Basics of Venture Capital and Private Equity: This covers the history of venture capital and private equity, various types of venture capital and private equity firms, and key industry players.
- Assessment Techniques: Explains how to evaluate companies through Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis, Precedent Transaction Analysis (PTA), and Comparable Company Analysis (CCA).
- Deal Structuring: Elucidates how private equity and venture capital deals are structured. This includes the terms of investment and control provisions.
A few other courses you must be interested in:
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
- Data Analytics Courses in Delhi
- Financial Modeling Courses in Bangalore
- Financial Modeling Courses in Chandigarh
- Financial Modeling Courses in Gurgaon
5. Khan Academy
This course is ideal for beginners and provides a primer on essential topics, which can be fortified with additional courses. The best part is it provides the foundation for a career in investment banking by covering all the basics.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 3 hours
Offered By: Khan Academy
- Financial Statements Analysis: Explanation on how to analyze a company’s financial statements, such as balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement, to assess its financial health.
- Financial Modeling Strategies: It trains candidates to build financial models to forecast future performance and determine a company’s intrinsic value.
- Valuation Models: This includes valuation techniques used by investors/analysts to estimate Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis, Precedent Transaction Analysis (PTA), and Comparable Company Analysis (CCA).
- Investment Analysis: Explains evaluation techniques to identify potential investment opportunities, such as stocks, bonds, and other securities.
Advanced Valuation and Strategy course focused on M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital provides students with an in-depth understanding of valuation techniques, financial modeling, and strategic considerations related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity, and venture capital transactions.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 1 hour 10 mins
Offered By: Udemy
- M&A Analysis: This includes building complex financial models to analyze and value potential merger and acquisition transactions, including cash and stock deals, accretion/dilution analysis, and pro-forma analysis.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Valuation: This involves learning financial models to evaluate investment opportunities in private equity and venture capital, including leveraged buyouts (LBOs) and early-stage start-ups.
- Strategic Considerations: Here students are taught to evaluate strategic considerations related to private equity, venture capital transactions, and M&A. It also includes deal structuring and post-merger integration.
- Due Diligence: Candidates will be trained to conduct due diligence in the context of private equity, M&A, and venture capital transactions.
Investment Banking Investment Banker Course Duration and Course Details – Paid
If you plan to spend your hard-earned money on training and education, then it better be on courses like these. The following courses are sure to give you a head start in the investment banking path of your choice:
7. Charted Finance Institute
This is an online certification program offered by the Corporate Finance Institute (CFI). The program is designed to provide candidates with the necessary skill sets to build financial models and perform valuation analysis in professional settings.
Investment Banker Investment Banker Course Duration: 100+ hours
Offered By: Chartered Finance Institute
- Excel Skills: Students learn to use advanced Excel functions and tools, such as macros and pivot tables, to build financial models.
- Financial Forecasting: Here, forecasting models are built in Excel, which are used to forecast, budget, and make informed financial decisions.
- Business Valuation: Students are trained to evaluate company assets using multiple valuation methods, including discounted cash flow analysis, precedent transaction analysis, and comparable company analysis.
- Corporate Finance: Candidates learn about various aspects of corporate finance, such as capital structure, capital budgeting, and dividend policy.
8. New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
This course provides participants with a basic understanding of the investment banking sector and the skills required to succeed in the niche. Always offered by a professional organization, you can expect this course from the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute or the Investment Banking Council of America (IBCA).
Investment Banker Course Duration: 30 hours
Offered By: New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
- Economic Analysis: The course explains the analysis of financial statements and company performance to assess investment opportunities.
- Monetary Valuation: Candidates learn to evaluate company assets using various methods, including discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, and precedent transaction analysis.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Process: Clearly explains the M&A process, including deal structuring, post-merger integration, and due diligence.
- Capital Markets Analysis: Here various types of capital markets are analyzed by the students and they learn how investment bankers help businesses raise capital through debt and/or equity offerings.
9. M&A Science Academy
M&A Science Academy is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses on mergers and acquisitions. This particular course is designed for professionals who plan to work in M&A and teaches the practicalities of working in this sector.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 100 hours
Offered By: M&A Science Academy
- M&A Foundation: All the basics of M&A are covered here, including deal types, deal structures, and the M&A process.
- Due Diligence: This includes an introduction to the due diligence process, including legal, financial, and operational due diligence. Identifying and mitigating risks in M&A transactions are also included in this.
- Post-merger Integration: This entails post-merger integration, including cultural integration, change management, and communication.
- Post-merger Valuation: This covers valuation techniques, such as comparable company analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, and precedent transaction analysis.
10. Harvard University
This is an intense course that covers 7 hours of material every week for 5 weeks. Although this sounds simple, the material is challenging and keeps the students on their toes. However, this course is for those who already have post-graduate or undergraduate degrees in finance.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 5 weeks
Offered By: Harvard University
- Overview of Alternative Investments: Students learn about various types of alternative investments and their unique characteristics, such as liquidity, return, and risk.
- Venture Capital and Private Equity: Candidates are taught to help companies invest in private holdings, such as venture capital, leveraged buyouts, and more.
- Real Estate Investment Options: This includes investing in residential and commercial real estate, including financing, management, and property valuation.
- Commodities: Students learn about investing in commodities, such as oil, agricultural products, and gold, along with the unique risks associated with such investments.
11. Institute of Mergers and Acquisitions (IMAA)
This course is offered by IMAA, which is a breeding ground for world-class investors. Although the cost looks like a drawback, updates on financial concepts and an academic degree make this course a worthy investment. So, this course is mostly chosen by students from finance or finance-related backgrounds.
Investment Banker Course Duration: 60 hours (fully online) or 30 hours (in-person)
Format: Online and in-person
Cost: $4,990 (in-person) and $2,990 (online)
Offered By: Institute of Mergers and Acquisitions (IMAA)
- Cross-Border M&A Strategy: This includes strategic considerations involved in cross-border mergers or acquisitions, and includes target identification, deal structuring, and market analysis.
- Due Diligence: Here due diligence is conducted in the context of cross-border transactions, such as regulatory, financial, and legal due diligence.
- Legal and Regulatory Considerations: The legal and regulatory frameworks are explained to the students. This framework governs cross-border transactions, such as foreign investment regulations, tax laws, and antitrust laws.
- Valuation and Financial Modeling: Students are exposed to valuation and modeling cross-border transactions, including managing the risks associated with foreign currencies, cultural differences, and cross-border synergies.
Investment Banker Course Duration – The Key to All Your Duration-related Queries
The duration of an investment banking course varies depending on the type of course and the level of expertise being offered. Here are some popular investment banking courses and the duration needed to complete these:
- Basic and Introductory Courses: This course ranges anywhere between a few hours a week and a few days. The duration varies based on the number of topics covered.
- Advanced Investment Banking Courses: These types of courses generally range from a few weeks to a few months and in some cases it takes up to a year or more.
- Professional Certification Programs: Investment banking certification programs, such as the Certified Financial Model and Valuation Analyst (FMVA), take several months to complete. These programs require participants to complete multiple modules of online courses and clear the test to get certified.
- Graduate Programs: Investment banking degree programs, such as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a focus on finance, take 1 to 2 years to complete. These programs are a blend of carefully curated coursework and practical experience, such as case studies and internships.
Apart from these, it’s essential to note that the duration of a course may depend on the level of commitment and pace of the participants. Some courses are completed at a faster pace or offer flexible timelines to accommodate various learning styles and schedules.
Top Trends to Watch Out
If you are curious about the investment banker course duration and are eager to make a career in this field, here are some top trends for you to watch out for.
- Digital Learning: The COVID-19 pandemic induced a significant paradigm shift towards digital learning. Investment banking courses are not an exception and institutes continue to offer more digital options to accommodate candidates who prefer remote learning.
- Technology-focused: Like any other industry sector, investment banking is becoming increasingly technology-driven. So, the revised courses emphasize automation, artificial intelligence, and data analytics.
- Sustainability: Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing is a crucial aspect that investors keep an eye out for. Hence, investment banking courses include chapters on topics such as responsible investing and sustainability.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Investment bankers deal with larger corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and other prominent entities. So, their soft skills matter as much as their technical knowledge. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also included in the training programs to help students stand out in the job market.
- Specialized Courses: As investment banking is a broad field, courses are fine-tuned and specialized to fit specific areas of expertise, such as real estate, technology, and private equity.
Career Advancement Options in Investment Banking
Investment banking is a highly competitive field, but there are several career advancement options available if you are willing to work hard and stay committed. Some of these options include:
- Intra-organizational Promotions: Investment banks have a hierarchical structure with various levels. These start with the position of an analyst and gradually rise to sequential positions of associate, vice president, director, and managing director. Advancement within an organization is possible through dedication, efficient work, and strong performance.
- Switching Organizations to Explore Evolving Positions: If you are an experienced investment banker, then you can switch companies. This helps you take on higher roles or explore a new area of expertise. Positions like these also offer much higher payments and benefits, which are otherwise hard to get.
- Exploring Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms: You can transition to venture capital and private equity firms. Here, you can leverage your expertise to assess all the lucrative investment opportunities and manage advanced investment portfolios.
- Corporate Finance: As an investment banker you can easily transition to corporate finance roles. Here you can work for large corporations and manage the company’s finances and investment strategies.
- Entrepreneurship: Does this sound like the most dreaded term? Well, not anymore. As digitization expands and reaches new realms, investment bankers are working remotely by leveraging their skill sets. You can either start your own business or work for a budding firm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related To Investment Banker Course Duration
Here are some frequently asked questions on investment banker course duration:
What are investment banking courses?
Investment banking courses are educational programs that impart to individuals the skills and knowledge required to work in the investment banking industry.
What are the prerequisites to take investment banking courses?
Prerequisites typically vary based on the complexity of the course. Most of the advanced training programs require a basic understanding of accounting and finance. Some courses may also require prior work experience or completion of other foundation training.
Who should take investment banking courses?
Investment banking courses are suitable for any individual who is interested in investment banking or related fields. However, the courses are highly beneficial for finance and accounting students, recent graduates, and experienced professionals looking to transition into their careers.
What are the benefits of taking investment banking courses?
Investment banking courses offer numerous benefits. These include career advancement opportunities, improved job prospects, networking opportunities, personal growth, skill development, and more.
Do investment banking courses guarantee a job in investment banking?
No, investment banking courses do not guarantee a job. However, the training providers offer personalized placement assistance for all candidates. Growing from there depends on individual skills and capacities. Training programs also provide networking opportunities, which are the goldmine of lucrative career options. The job market is always impacted by prominent factors such as professional experience, individual performance, and market conditions.
Investment banking courses offer several benefits. This is a highly competitive field, and having specialized knowledge and training can give you an edge in the job market. Employers often look for candidates who have completed relevant courses or certification programs. These courses help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to fast-track your career. Be it taking on higher-level roles, exploring newer areas of expertise, or transitioning into related fields, this course equips you with everything that you want to accomplish.
Completing courses formally offers networking opportunities with industry professionals, such as guest speakers and instructors. This is a terrific way to make connections and tap into new job opportunities in the field. These courses are surely challenging. However, it helps you develop resilience, a strong work ethic, and problem-solving skills. These skills are invaluable not just in your career, but also in your personal life. Overall, investment banking courses are a valuable investment that helps you accelerate your career and boost your personal development.