Are you a student, a fresh graduate, or a professional looking for a career path in investment banking? Investment banking is one of the most in-demand professions and the article will give you insights into the top institutes providing investment banker course details in India with certifications.
What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking (IB) is a vast, most desired, and profitable field in the financial industry. Investment banks are different from retail banks as the banks work closely with corporate clients, governments, and financial entities and are involved in large financial transactions.
The banks serve as mediators between companies and investors to deal with different clients, from small start-ups to large corporations.
The bank builds relationships with potential investors and helps clients to raise capital, make acquisitions, and execute mergers; some also offer advisory and underwriting services. The main areas of operations include capital markets, M&A (Advising Clients), sales and trading, and asset management.
- Investment banks are involved with dealing with large financial transactions and hence are quite different from retail banks.
- They help to raise capital and work closely with companies by providing them with strategic and timely advice.
- Highly skilled and confident professionals passionate about the finance and banking industry succeed as investment bankers.
Role of an Investment Banker
Investment Bankers (IB) are highly qualified and skilled professionals who have in-depth knowledge of the finance industry. Every company requires an investment banker who can plan and handle the financial process efficiently. They are financial advisors to the company and are responsible for helping clients or organizations by providing the best opportunities for safe and secure investments.
The investment banker works closely with his team to generate business and advice organizations and governments on achieving financial goals over time. The career options are different and there are various roles when working in an investment banking company.
Why Choose Investment Banker as a Career?
Working in the finance or banking sector whether you start from entry-level to senior post comes with attractive benefits and add-ons which are one of the best compared to other industries. No doubt working in the financial industry can be challenging and requires hard work and dedication but hard work always comes with attractive perks. The investment banker course details have a list of programs and information required to become a successful banker.
Benefits of Working as an Investment Banker:
Competitive Pay Scale – Working in the financial sector is a lucrative career option. The average pay scale for entry-level jobs is far more than any other industry. With experience, investment bankers potentially earn a high base salary and significant commissions too.
Networking – Since the bankers are involved with governments and huge companies, this allows them to build relations with highly designated people and company owners.
Personal Growth – The finance market or say any industry is constantly changing with emerging new technologies. As an investment banker, you not only apply the skills learned but also develop and implement new technologies in the field.
Global opportunities: The finance and banking sector are the most in-demand careers not only in India but globally. With experience and the required skill set, investment bankers can look for global opportunities too.
Working with skilled peers: Working as an investment banker will let you expose yourself to the most skilled people like business owners, and industrialists, which allows you to enhance your personal growth.
Types of Jobs as an Investment Banker
Joining as an intern is the first step to starting a career as an investment banker. The leading banks look for fresh graduates in finance to join their teams. A postgraduate degree or any advanced certified degree can help you fast-track into the banking sector.
The job of an investment banker has broad responsibilities, which require dedication, hard work, and time management. They are highly skilled individuals who thrive in the most demanding work environment.
The position in the investment banking career varies in certain companies but it generally starts from
- Junior Analyst to Senior Analyst: Graduates with 1-2 year of experience join as a junior analyst and the primary work include doing presentations, administrative tasks, and analytic work (Excel).
- Associate: One can directly get the post of Associate if you have a post-graduate degree (MBA in Finance), Associates are responsible to manage a team of analysts and reporting to the Vice president.
- Vice President, Senior Vice President, Managing Director: Senior bankers are one of the top professions in the banking field. They have wide experience and face clients and corporates in dealing with business. The senior bankers understand the markets in detail and are responsible for creating strategic plans for the interest of the company.
PayScale of Investment Banker In India:
Here is the average salary from entry-level to a high-position career level:
|Position||Years of Experience||Total Average|
|Entry Level (Junior Analyst)||1 year or less||₹606,782|
|Mid-career(Vice President)||5-9 years||₹1,693,500|
|Experienced (Senior VP)||10-19 years||₹2,947,906|
|High level (Managing Director)||20 + years||₹4,150,000|
Source: Salary average from PayScale
How to Become an Investment Banker?
Bachelors Degree: Candidates having a minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, commerce (B Com), or Business Administration(B B A) to get an entry-level job in investment banking. The first step would be to can join as an intern or apply for junior analysts in any reputed firm to start a career as an investment banker.
Master’s degree: Having a master’s degree will help you gain knowledge in the specialized area and enhance your career in the finance industry. There are over 3000 MBA colleges in India to choose from and also different types of MBA courses. The MBA in finance is considered to be a highly qualified degree to become an investment banker.
The postgraduate degree can earn students a job in banking, corporate finance, accounting, and many other financial areas. The key role or designations offered with a degree in MBA finance include Financial Analyst, Manager level posts, mid-level investment banker, and a few others.
Some of the core subjects included in the MBA program:
Human Resource Management
Certifications: Having a certification in your resume will make you stand out. In this period, one can complete a certification and specialize in the area with the required skills even in the comfort of your home. Getting a certification after your bachelor’s degree can enhance your career prospects as an investment banker.
List of Top 10 Investment Banker Course Details in India
Here is a list top 10 investment banker course details in India that provide online as well as onsite classes. Some institutes also offer 100 % placements once you complete the program successfully.
1. Imarticus Learning:
The investment banker course details provided by Imarticus Learning are as follows. They also provide certified courses in finance, analytics, and business. The institute offers 3 online certification courses in finance.
- Certified Investment Banking Operations: This course is an extensive 150-hour program, best for graduates with 1-2 years of experience. The program covers all the fundamentals of the finance ma
- Postgraduate Financial Analysis Program: It’s an extensive 200-hour program and suitable for candidates with 3 or fewer years of experience. It prepares you for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) L1 jobs. The mode of learning is Classroom training. The duration of the program is 3 months.
- Postgraduate Program in Banking and Finance: It’s a 300-hour extensive program that will help enhance the skills required for a successful career in the banking sector. It’s a 4-month training program.
Curriculum: The program will help candidates understand the fundamentals of financial markets and products.
Detail of Curriculum offered :
|Certified Investment Banking operations||· Introduction to Financial Markets|
· Trade Life Cycle
· Risk management
|1,40,000 (incl of tax)||3 months|
|Professional Postgraduate Financial Analysis Program||· Excel and Accounting Essentials|
· Corporate Finance
· Financial Modelling, Forecasting, and Analysis
· Business Valuation, Financial Products, and Markets
|1,80,000 (Inc of tax)||3 months|
|Postgraduate Program in Banking and Finance||· Module 1: Retail Banking (70 hours)|
· Module 2: Introduction to Financial System & Investment Products (50 hours)
· Module 3 (Integrated): Soft skills (100 hours)
· Mock Interview
|1,20,000 (Inc of tax)|
- 100 % Job Guarantee
- Live Training Modules
- Industry-recognized certification
- 150 hours of the training program
- Extensive support
- Installment options available
Candidates must be graduates in finance with or without experience.
2. Edu Bridge
Edu Bridge is one of India’s leading workforce platforms providing professional online education in banking and finance. Edu Bridge offers 100% job guarantee programs. The investment banker course details are as follows:
Course name: Advanced Certification Program in Investment Banking Operations
The advanced certification course gives you the required knowledge and skills to enable you to handle investment banking roles and the responsibilities associated with them.
Graduates or anyone in the banking industry can opt for this course as it introduces you to various financial and structured modules related to investment banking and will be involved practical case studies.
The course covers a few important topics: Financial markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Advisory, Equity, Capital Markets, and many more.
- Dedicated placement manager
- Placement Assistance and access to Edu Bridge’s Job Portal
- Career fairs
Program Fee – ₹ 69,000
- Students must have a degree in Business, commerce, or CA/MBA or related degree.
- The training is conducted in English, hence good communication in English is required.
3. The Wall Street School
The Wall Street School specializes in Finance and Accounting courses in India. They also run boot camps and different online courses to upskill learning as per your needs. A few programs offered by TWSS related to finance are Financial Modelling & Valuation, ACCA® Coaching, CFA® Coaching, CMA® Coaching, FRM® Coaching, CPA ®Coaching, Stock Market Course. The investment banker course details provided by the school is as follows:
Course Name: Investment Banking course: The course is a 180+ hour program which is designed for learners which covers the techniques and gives you an understanding of the banking techniques, equity, and capital markets.
Curriculum: The curriculum offered has 10 modules covering various aspects of investment banking.
Module 1: Basic to Intermediate Excel
Module 2: Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
Module 3: Basic Finance Concepts
Module 4: Feasibility Study/Business Modelling
Module 5: Comparable Company Analysis
Module 6: Precedent Transaction Analysis
Module 7: discounted Cashflow Valuation
Module 8: Merger Model
Module 9: Leveraged Buyout
Module 10: Mock interviews and Resume edits
- Success band fee: Initially 40% is charged and the remaining 60% is charged post-placement.
- Placement Assistance: The school also has 100% online assistance with examination criteria.
- Experimental Learning
- Classroom Training
Program Fee – ₹ 45000 +GST on enrolment (Duration 6 weeks)
- Any candidate who is willing to start a career in finance specifically in investment banking can join the 6-week training program.
Udemy offers different courses related to finance and investment banking. Both courses offer students different modules to learn the fundamentals of investment banking. The two most preferred investment banker course details provided by Udemy are:
- The Complete Investment Banking Course 2023
- Complete Investment Banking Course 2023
Curriculum Covered :
|Course Name||Curriculum Covered||Program fee||Duration|
|The Complete Investment Banking Course 2023|
|There are 30 sections covered here|
· Course Introduction
· The ascendance of investment banking services
· Strategies pursued by investment banks
· Capital markets – equity capital markets
· Capital Markets- Debt Capital Markets
· Advisory services- Mergers and Acquisitions
· Advisory Services – Restructuring
· Trading and Brokerage
· Asset Management
|₹ 9827.91||13.5 hours|
|Complete Investment Banking Course 2023||· Investment Banking Fundamentals|
· Discounted Cash Flow
· Relative Valuation
· DCF Modelling using Excel
· Comparable Comps
· Financial Modelling of Siemens AG
· Pitchbook Preparation
· Create trip profiles for Pitch Books
|₹ 5242||33.5 hours of video (self-paced)|
- Full Lifetime access
- Certification of completion
- Access on mobile and TV
Anyone interested in learning about investment banking can go for this course. No experience is required.
5. Indian Institute Of Management Indore
Course Name: Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking
Program Details: The Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking (PGCPIB) is specifically designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge of the various aspects of the banking and finance industry. The key highlights of the investment banker course details by the Indian Institute Of Management (IIm) Indore are:
- Total of 150 hours of session.
- Online 100 sessions (75 minutes)
- On campus 20 sessions
- Student Privileges available, On successful completion of the program students will be eligible for Executive education Alumni status of IIM Indore
- Financial Reporting, Analysis, and Valuation
- Financial Management
- Investments & Portfolio Management
- Investment Banking I*
- Investment Banking II*Merger & Acquisition*
- Option, Futures & Derivative*
- Economics Environment
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Finance
- Industry Lecture
Program fee – Total fees including GST – ₹ 4,55,100
Duration: 12 months program.
- Students should have completed a bachelor’s degree or diploma /equivalent from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience required.
Coursera is one of the leading online learning platforms providing investment banker courses. One of the investment banker course details provided by Coursera is:
Course name: Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation
This course provides students with the required techniques and practical approaches for an investment banking career in the finance industry.
- Online and Flexible deadline
- Intermediate level
- It is Approx. 13 hours of Program
Course Name: Professional Certificate in Investment Banking by EDx
The investment banker course details by EDx will accelerate your financial career and build confidence in investment banking. The program covers all the fundamentals of investment banking, financial market, and risk management. It will help gain a solid foundation in capital raising, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Expert instructor
- Gives a solid foundation
- Self-paced program
- 5 months duration
Program fee: ₹ 51,307
8. mentor me careers
The training course is designed for any graduates who want to kick start their career in the finance industry in India. The center offers 100% placement and guaranteed job interviews.
Course name: Certificate in Investment Banking Operations (CIBO)
The course is 200 hours of training and gives you a clear understanding of the fundamentals of the finance market, trade life cycle, risk management, etc.
- 200 hours of training live virtual environment
- 100% job guarantee
- No experience required (Learn from basics)
- Good communication in English (oral and written)
- Includes NSE certification in Investment Banking
Program Fee: mentormecareers have different levels in fee structure
Skills Required to Become an Investment Banker
To be an investment banker, one must possess the required soft skills apart from the basic knowledge and skills learned in the field of finance. The role is challenging as they interact with business associates, company owners, industrialists, etc. They need to have strong communication skills, and interpersonal skills and must be able to work under pressure. The investment banker course details in India cover most of the technical and soft skills required in the field.
A list of skills required to pursue a career as an investment banker include:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Time management
- Leadership Qualities
- Decision-making skill set
- Interest and deep understanding of the market
- Understanding the finance industry
- In-depth awareness of businesses and start-ups.
- Confidence and attention to detail
List of Top Investment Banks in India
JP Morgan Chase
Axis Capital Limited
ICICI Securities Limited
Citigroup Global Markets India Private Ltd.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Capital Global Advisory Services
Kotak Mahindra Capital Co. Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Investment Banker Course Details
1. Can a fresher become an investment banker?
Yes, any fresher who has completed a bachelor degree’s in finance, commerce, or a related field can join any leading banking company as an intern. Joining as an intern will help you gain the required experience to follow your career path as an investment banker. The other option is to join a reputed training institute that offers 100 % placements which can land you an entry-level job in the finance industry.
2. Can I become an investment banker after certification?
Many institutes offer certification with 100% placement. So having a certification will help your career prospects as an investment banker. The list of top 10 investment banker course details has the institutes providing 100% job guarantee programs.
Certifications can be an added advantage as you will have the expertise and required skills in the given field to enhance your career prospects as a banker. Some institutes also offer practical experience so you get the required exposure before joining the top company.
3. What is the average salary of an investment banker in India?
The salary range depends on the experience and position in the company. An entry-level analyst can get anywhere between 1.8l to 4 L. An associate level can earn ₹9,50,000 approximately and Senior posts will benefit from the base salary and also an additional bonus of approx. ₹ 76.4 Lakhs. According to PayScale the average salary of an investment banker in India is ₹894,943 in 2023.
4. Top Investment banking companies in India?
Axis Capital Limited, ICICI Securities Limited, IDBI Capital, Goldman Sachs, Citi Bank, Morgan Stanley, Barclays Bank, HSBC.
5. What is the scope of Investment banking in India?
Working in the finance industry is the most in-demand profession in today’s world, because of its high pay scale and additional benefits. Every Investment banking company requires an investment banker to provide strategic advice and plan the finance of the company.
6. Is a Job as an investment banker difficult?
To be an investment banker one must be skilled and qualified to work under pressure as the job itself requires a lot of day-to-day operations. Working in the finance sector can be challenging and stressful at the beginning of a career but definitely, it is the most rewarding career in the industry today.