Looking for an institute that can help you meet the requirements to advance your career? Finding a legitimate education technology institute that supports your job ambitions can be difficult in the digital age. The top learning materials are provided in this post, making it the perfect choice for people thinking about taking professional courses. Welcome to IIM SKILLS vs. LinkedIn Data Analytics Course, where you will be given a full comparison of both institutes’ offerings in the field of data analytics. From there, it will be entirely up to you to choose which one would best help you progress your career and learn the necessary skills.
Let Us First Discuss the Term From Which Data Analytics Evolved and That is Data.
What is Data?
In a nutshell, it’s the knowledge we require to move forward with any kind of commercial activity. Technically speaking, “data” is defined as information that is stored or used by computers, such as numbers, facts, or data.
The raw data is worthless until and unless it is subjected to analysis and analytics.
What Does Data Analysis Mean, in Other Words?
It is the analysis of data. The word “analysis” refers to the actions you perform with the information that is provided to you. Actions include reviewing the information, looking for the informatory components that you need, separating it into groups that make sense to you, filtering the valuable components etc. The whole lot of these processes is what referred to as “data analysis.”
Examples include predictive analysis, social network analysis, statistical analysis, and image analytics.
Analytics begins where the analytical parameters end. The field of data analytics includes all practical procedures such as looking for the best data, comparing various data sets, changing data in accordance with specific business objectives, mining the data to uncover the most insightful and profitable information, and visualizing hidden patterns. The field of data analytics includes a number of useful processes and tools like Tableau, Excel, Power BI, Apache Spark, KNIME etc.
It would be more accurate to say that “data analytics,” of which “data analysis” is a subset, is the general word for data analytics.
Why is Data Analytics Necessary?
Analyzing vast, intricate data sets to spot illuminating patterns and trends is the field of data analytics. To find patterns and make conclusions, it is necessary to use statistical and computational tools to data. Business problems are solved with data analytics, and choices are made based on the facts.
Data analytics are important for a number of reasons. There are several reasons why data analytics are essential. Several factors make data analytics vital. Data analytics are necessary for a number of reasons. Firstly, by offering information about consumer behavior, industry trends, and other important variables that have a bearing on how well a firm performs, it helps organizations make wise decisions. Likewise it gives businesses the ability to spot inefficiencies and areas for future improvement, which assists in the optimization of their operations. Thirdly, data analytics gives companies a competitive edge by providing insightful information on the behavior and market trends of rivals. Fourth, the use of data analytics is crucial in fields like finance and insurance, notably for risk management and fraud detection.
Aside from enhancing patient outcomes, data analytics are also applied in the healthcare industry to maximize resources’ utilization. Additionally, it aids governments in making wise policy decisions and the development of public services. To evaluate big data sets and uncover novel viewpoints on complex systems, data analytics is also used in scientific research. It is also used in social media and marketing to research consumer behavior and develop targeted marketing tactics.
As a result, we can certainly say that data analytics is a crucial tool for businesses, governments, and organizations of all types. It is a need. They may take well-informed decisions, streamline their processes, and acquire a competitive edge thanks to it. With so much data being generated today, data analytics is a rapidly expanding profession with a wide range of applications. As this trend continues, data analytics is anticipated to gain even greater significance.
Challenges Include: –
The collection of the data is arguably the greatest challenge recognized with data analytics. Organizations may gather a lot of data; therefore, they must decide which data to prioritize. Devices are needed for data collection that can compile information from site visitors, advertisement clicks, and other activities and transmit it in a useful format.
Once you have gathered your information you need a location/place where you can store your information. This can contain a variety of different types of data and occupy a lot of space. Coordination of structured and unstructured data from online and offline sources, as well as from internal and external sources, is required.
The phrase “data analytics” refers to a group of techniques for looking through data to find patterns and make inferences. It also alludes to the application of IT in these assessments.
Now that you are familiar with the idea of data analytics, it is crucial that you make an effort to understand this advantageous and difficult approach in order to succeed in life and advance your profession. You must research several courses and their advantages to do that. For your convenience, we are listing the top two institutes IIM SKILLS and LinkedIn Data Analytics Course that provides the best training and support you in achieving your life’s objectives.
- IIM SKILLS vs. Learnbay Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Simplilearn Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs UpGrad Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Imarticus Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Data Trained Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Swayam Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs NPTEL Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs IIM Kozhikode Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course
Let Us Discuss:
Overview of IIM SKILLS:
One of the top institutes for taking courses in data analytics is IIM SKILLS. It offers a variety of other courses as well, including financial modeling, content writing, technical writing, and digital marketing, all of which are well regarded.
Vaibhav Kakkar founded IIM SKILLS in the year 2015. There hasn’t been a moment of reflection since then. The speed of the institute’s growth remains steady. It has produced more than 35+ graduates in more than 35+ nations worldwide thanks to its ground-breaking work in real-world digital education.
IIM SKILLS gives you the convenience of learning from any location in the world. There is no need to commute, which saves valuable time and energy. You can participate and join the live interactive sessions from anywhere. They provide a dynamic and engaging online learning environment that encourages cooperation and idea sharing. Through interaction with your peers and mentors, you can learn priceless insights that will aid you in your career.
Regardless of whether you have prior experience or not, their skill development courses are perfect for anyone who wants to start their profession or wants to change their career in the business. They are beginner-friendly.
You will receive continuing help from faculty members who are experts in their respective fields, enabling you to complete each module successfully and quickly or to find answers to any queries you may have as you move through the course.
IIM SKILLS will help you in creating your professional path through their placement assistance services after you have successfully completed all of your courses. Internships are assured, along with career advice, resume writing, interview preparation, and job recommendations are a plus point of this institute.
The Data Analytics Master Course at IIM SKILLS is a six-month curriculum that is exclusive, aside from the two-month internship guarantee. Their extensive instruction consists of nine modules, each of which has 100 or more hours of practical work and 150 or more hours of lectures. You also have the choice of picking a certain module to study based on your needs.
In order to give you practical experience, this professional course comprises 10+ case studies, 7+ tools, and 7+ live projects. To help you put your knowledge into practice and prepare you for the sector, they offer a two-month, optional, unpaid internship.
Since the course’s content spans basic to advanced concepts, both new students and fresh graduates may find great value in it. Additionally, it is advantageous for individuals who are already employed in this field or who wish to launch a new career in it.
Course Modules of IIM SKILLS vs LinkedIn Data Analytics Course:
IIM SKILLS Course Module Name
Module 1: Basic and Advance Excel
- Introduction to Data Handling
- Data Manipulation Using Functions
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Data Visualization in Excel
- Overview of Dashboards
Module 2: Visual Basic Application
- Introducing VBA
- How VBA Works with Excel
- Key Components of Programming Language
- Programming Constructs in VBA
- Functions & Procedures in VBA
- Objects & Memory Management in VBA
- Error Handling
- Controlling Accessibility of Your Code
- Communicating with Your Users
Module 3: SQL
- Basics RDBMS Concepts
- Utilizing the Object Explorer
- Data Based Objects Creation (DDL Commands)
- Data Manipulation (DML Commands)
- Accessing Data from Multiple Tables Using SELECT
- Optimizing Your Work
Module 3.1: SQL Server Reporting Services
- Basics of SSRS
- Creating Parameters
- Understanding Visualization
- Creating Visualization Using SSRS
- Module 3.2: SQL Server Integration Services
- Understanding Basics of SSIS
- Understanding Packages
- Creating Packages to Integrate
- Creating Project Using SSIS
Module 4: Power BI
- Data Preparation and Modeling
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Reports Development (Visuals in Power BI)
Module 5: Data Analytics Using Python
- Introduction to Basic Statistics
- Introduction to Mathematical Foundations
- Introduction to Analytics & Data Science
- Python Essentials (Core)
- Operations with NumPy (Numerical Python)
- Overview of Pandas
- Cleansing Data with Python
- Data Analysis Using Python
- Data Visualization with Python
- Statistical Methods & Hypothesis Testing
Module 6: Tableau
- Getting Started
- Data Handling & Summaries
- Reports Development (Visuals in Tableau)
Module 7: R For Data Science
- Data Importing/Exporting
- Data Manipulation
- Data Analysis
- Using R with Databases
- Data Visualization with R
- Introduction to Statistics
- Linear Regression: Solving Regression Problems
Module 8: Alteryx
- Data Cleansing
- Impute Values
- Filtering Data/Data Processing
- Blending/Joining Data from Different Sources
- Overview of the Alteryx Course and Fundamental Concepts
- Using the Select Tool to Rename Fields, Change the Data Type
- Random Sample Understanding the Alteryx Settings and the User Environment
- Recognizing the Alteryx settings and user environment
- Data Analytics Books
- Google Data Analytics Certification
- Data Analyst Interview Questions
- Data Analyst Qualifications
- Data Analytics Courses After 12th
- Data Analytics Vs Data Mining
IIM SKILLS vs LinkedIn Data Analytics Course – Learning Outcomes:
- Data Analysis, types of Data Analysis, data mining, etc.
- Pulling, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing data
- Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Leveraging Python language to manipulate datasets
- Data Analysis to foster business decision-making processes.
Acquired Skills from IIM SKILLS Data Analytics Course:
- Acquire knowledge of the ideas of variables, conditions, loops, functions, etc. to write Python programs.
- Develop your understanding of the Tableau model and statistics while learning how to create interactive dashboards.
- Participants will become proficient after using Excel at business analytics.
- Become knowledgeable with visualization tools including a heat map, tree map, waterfall, Pareto, and market basket analysis.
- Data analytics performance can be comprehended using Python libraries.
- Gain solid understanding of data interpretation in Python by utilizing NumPy’s multi-dimensional arrays, Pandas’ Data Frame management capabilities, and Scikit-Learn’s machine learning implementation.
- Knowledge of classification techniques, linear and nonlinear regression models, and both in relation to Data Analysis.
- Understand how to use Microsoft’s Power BI analytics and visualization tools.
- Understand the intricacies of Python’s ideas, including as those related to lists, sets, contributions, branching, dictionaries, objects, and classes.
- Be familiar with concepts in statistics such as central tendency, correlation, dispersion, and regression. Mastering SQL concepts like commands and tools.
- Acquire knowledge of the ideas of variables, conditions, loops, functions, etc. to write Python programs.
- Become knowledgeable about clustering techniques including K-means, DBSCAN, and hierarchical clustering.
Other Professional Courses With IIM SKILLS:
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Overview of LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is the largest professional-only networking site, which caters to businesspeople. There is a comprehensive roadmap series of free online courses that will teach you basic to advanced data analysis skills. You may get ready for an entry-level data analyst job for sure by taking the entire data analyst learning section on LinkedIn Learning, which is completely free. It offers unrestricted access to the library. They have expert-led courses offering comprehensive courses that can be accessed on any device in bite-sized chunks. They offer certificates upon course completion.
LinkedIn’s focus on networking is one of its primary characteristics. It also provides a variety of tools and features that make it a fantastic ed-tech platform for professionals in a variety of fields, including
- recruitment and job-search
- the professional development
- Industry news and updates
- assemblages and communities
- Company pages
- sales and business growth
Professionals can access a variety of tools and resources on LinkedIn, a flexible ed-tech platform, to advance their careers, increase their knowledge, and network with others in their industry.
On the LinkedIn learning sites, you may find a number of data analytics instructional videos. By using these, you can stay current on the most recent advancements in industrial skills and practices. I advise you to keep an eye on these quick courses and continue to learn new things throughout time.
LinkedIn Learning offers extensive data analytics courses across 13 categories, providing a comprehensive experience for individuals seeking to develop skills in various fields which is why it is regarded as the best platform for free education right now.
The LinkedIn Learning data analyst learning path is a collection of courses that are organized to give you a comprehensive education. Their course path focusses specifically on Excel and Power BI, the study route has a similar scope to that of Google’s.
The fact that statistics modules are included in this course series, is a bonus for students who want to improve their math skills for analytics. This course is best for people who want to learn about a variety of data analytics tools, but with a stronger emphasis on Microsoft goods.
Below is the list of LinkedIn data analytics courses available to obtain a certificate.
Course Modules of LinkedIn:
Course 1: The Non-Technical Skills of Effective Data Scientists
- Imperative non-technical skills
Course 2: Learning Excel: Data Analysis
- Basic statistics in Excel
- Visualizing data
- Hypothesis testing
- Using distributions
- Covariance and correlation
- Bayesian analysis
Course 3: Data Fluency: Exploring and Describing Data
- Descriptive statistics
- Data fluency
- How to use the most common chart types
Course 4: Learning Data Analytics: 1 Foundations
- Basic SQL
- Importing and cleaning data
- Creating and maintaining datasets
- Intro to Power Query
Course 5: Learning Data Analytics Part 2: Extending and Applying Core Knowledge
- Working with business data
- Building datasets with queries
- Building pivot tables
- Intro to Power BI
- Presenting data in meetings
Course 6: Excel Statistics Essential Training: 1
- Types of data
- Central tendency
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Hypothesis testing
- Repeated measure analysis
Course 7: Predictive Analytics Essential Training: Data Mining
- Defining problems
- Cross-Industry Standard for Data Mining (CRISP-DM)
- Understanding data requirements
- Problems and solutions you’ll face with data
- Deploying models
Course 8: Power BI Essential Training
- Getting data into Power BI
- Reports and visualizations
- Creating dashboards
- Sharing data
- Power BI mobile
Course 9: Learning Data Visualization
- Information hierarchy
- Visual paradigms
Course 10: Tableau Essential Training
- Creating custom calculations and fields
- Managing data sources
- Tableau worksheets and workbooks
- Creating dashboards and actions
- Analyzing data in Tableau
- Mapping geographic data
Course 11 SQL: Data Reporting and Analysis
- Grouping SQL results
- Using SQL to report data
- Merging data
- Some advanced syntax
Course 12: R Essential Training: Wrangling and Visualizing Data
- Intro to R and RStudio
- Importing data
- Visualizing data in R
- Wrangling data
- Recoding data
Course 13: Data Cleaning in Python Essential Training
- Bad data
- Causes of errors
- Detecting, preventing, and fixing errors
IIM SKILLS vs LinkedIn Data Analytics Course- Learning Outcomes:
- Identify different types of data.
- Explain how data is cleaned.
- Describe how to model data
- Identify the abilities of a data analyst.
- Implement SQL statements with the proper syntax.
- Interpret existing data.
- Demonstrate how to use joins.
- Review types of data visualizations.
- Explore concepts relating to data analytics.
- Recognize duplicate and reference data sets.
- Describe how wildcard characters are used when creating queries.
- Describe how slicers are used.
- Define terminology used in creating visualizations.
- Identify licensing and permissions considerations.
Acquired Skills from LinkedIn Data Analytics Courses:
- Acquire the nontechnical skills necessary for excellent data scientists to grow their first job into a lucrative, lifelong profession.
- Gain proficiency with Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
- Acquire a fundamental grasp of data fluency and the role that data may play in decision-making.
- To learn statistics, use Microsoft Excel.
- Develop practical skills in using data mining and predictive analysis to solve problems.
- Learn to utilize Power BI, a powerful set of business analytics tools, to create and share visualizations within your organization.
- Utilize data visualization to effectively communicate complex ideas and engage your audience with creative and engaging designs.
- Discover how to effectively use Tableau 2023 for data analysis and display, enabling smarter, data-driven decisions.
- Learn to write SQL code for analysis and reporting, including basic queries, sorting, filtering, and joining results from various tables.
- Gain proficiency in using R, the programming language that powers modern data science, to effectively manage data and create insightful visualizations.
- Enhance your organization’s analytic workflow by enhancing your Python data cleaning skills.
So, these were the focal points of each institute. Both of their course offerings are quite comprehensive and educational. IIM SKILLS offers a 6-month course, whereas LinkedIn offers content in sections. However, both of their alumni reviews are fantastic.
It is entirely up to you to choose the course that will best serve your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to IIM SKILLS Vs LinkedIn Data Analytics Course:
Q1. What objectives does data analytics serve?
Data analytics aims to use statistical analysis and technologies to identify trends, solve problems, and improve decision-making in enterprises by analyzing and shaping business processes.
Q2. Is paying required for LinkedIn analytics?
You may see how many people have visited your profile and how often you have shown up in searches on the platform for personal profiles. However, the information is not accessible to paid customers, only to free ones. For your page, LinkedIn provides post statistics.
Q3. Are LinkedIn Learning’s data analytics courses worthwhile to take?
LinkedIn provides a selection of courses at all ability levels, from beginner to advance to advance your skills in data analytics. The flexible learning approach provides a manageable learning experience, much like many online courses do. LinkedIn Learning’s monthly membership is also a wise choice if you want to continuously developing your skill set.
Conclusion related to IIM SKILLS vs LinkedIn Data analytics Course:
So, that’s all with the comparison between IIM SKILLS and LinkedIn Data Analytics Courses. Every platform, though, has benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to consider your learning preferences and career goals before choosing a course. This article should assist you in choosing the best path for job progression. To determine which one is best for you and then come to a decision, you can also look through the alumni testimonies and other crucial considerations.
The process of learning data analytics might be difficult. But students can acquire hands-on experience and practical knowledge that will be beneficial in their careers by focusing on real-world projects and domain-specific topics.
Good luck and have fun.