As per the Bureau of Labour Statistics, the forecasted growth in the demand for Data Analysts between 2021 to 2031 will be 23% which is higher than the predicted average growth of all the occupations taken together. Data has revolutionized the world, and almost every industry is cashing in on this time to achieve maximum impact in their areas. Data science is evolving every day with new technologies being innovated. If you are an aspiring data analyst and want guidance on how to step into this world, here is a brief review of IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course.
Introduction to Data Analytics
Welcome to the World of Data!! Every day 328.77 new data is produced every day. According to www.researchandmarkets.com, 94% of businesses store their data on cloud servers. By 2028, 41.6 billion IoT (Internet of Things) devices will be connected to the Internet. One can imagine the size of the data that would be generated then! The major market growth drivers were the adoption of Big Data Analytics by almost all business sectors, the usage of Cloud Computing, and innovations and adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The major market share in 2022 in the Data Analytics Market was of Data Visualization & Dashboard, followed by Data Mining and Data Warehousing.
Since every day 328.77 million terabytes of data are being generated, it comes as no surprise that the Data Analytics market share which was at USD 294.16 billion will be hitting USD 662.63 by 2028.
- Business Analytics Courses in Doha
- Data Analyst Courses After Graduation
- Data Analytics Courses in Udaipur
- IIM SKILLS vs Imarticus Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Digital Vidya Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Simplilearn Data Analytics Course
Importance of a Data Analytics Course
Data Analytics has revolutionized the world, especially the business world. This can be judged from the fact that at present 72% of the advertising budget is now being allocated to digital marketing. Here is a brief overview of the advantages of Data Analytics:
- Revenue Enhancement: With the help of Data Analytics companies can focus on the segments which are profit-making and divest, shut down, or revamp areas that are incurring losses.
- Optimizing Operating Costs: Data Analytics helps in reducing operational costs by evaluating the current workflow, analyzing the outputs, reducing areas of loss, and automating the operations.
- Effective Advertising Expenditure: With Data Analytics the result of any ad campaign can be obtained in real-time and fast, helping the company to modify the campaign or continue, and gaining the main objective of increased sales, and increased customer base.
- Better Customer Service: Data Analytics gives a better understanding of the customer’s preferences and dislikes or dissatisfaction, making it easier to enhance customer service and make it more personalized.
- Minimize Risks: Data Analytics help mitigate risks by forecasting requirements of funding, the effect of market trends, economic changes, and political changes on revenue and production.
A Brief Overview of Data Analytics Course Curriculum
In this section, before we begin with the comparison between IIM Skills Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course, a brief outline of the generally covered topics in any Data Analytics course is listed. This will help as a guide to even compare the syllabus of other institutes. The inclusion of these topics depends upon the institute or the level they set the course for. Here are the core topics of any Data Analytics course:
Introduction to Data Analytics:
- Detail Overview of Data Analytics and its importance in today’s world
- Opportunities and Career for a Data Analyst
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Data Analyst in Different Industries and different domains
- Types of Data and Data Collection Description
- Types of Data Collection: Primary Collection through interviews, surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, and study groups. Secondary Collections like published databases, reports, journals, and expert opinions.
- Explanation of Data cleaning, preprocessing, and transformation.
- Detailed explanation of steps of Data Preprocessing like Profiling, Cleaning, Reduction, Transformation, and Enrichment.
- Methods of Preprocessing like sampling, transformation, denoising, imputation, normalization, and feature reduction.
- A detailed explanation of how to explore data to uncover hidden trends
- Methods used for Data Exploration like Variable Identification, Univariate, and Bivariate analysis
- What is Data Visualization?
- A detailed explanation of how to graphically present the analysis in the form of colors and images.
- Methods used like graphs, bars, charts, infographics, Geospatial, and dashboards, etc.
- A detailed explanation of statistical analysis and how to find correlations between trends and patterns and how to develop valuable insights from them.
- Types of Statistical Analysis- Descriptive Analysis, Inferential Analysis, Predictive Analysis, Prescriptive Analysis, and Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Methods used- Mean, Standard Deviation, Regression, Hypothesis Testing, and Sample Size Determination.
- An explanation of the process of mining through large datasets and identifying patterns in them.
- Tools used for Data Mining- Association Rule, Classification, Clustering, Decision Trees, K-Nearest Neighbours, K- Nearest Neighbour, Neural Networks Predictive analysis.
- A detailed explanation of how AI can be used to make the systems learn from past experience without any programming or human interference.
- Types- Un- Supervised, Supervised, and Reinforcement.
- Definition of Big Data
- Types- Structured, Unstructured and Semi-Structured
- Explanation of Data Management System designed to enable business intelligence activities.
- Collection and analysis of big data
- Tools- Marklogic, Oracle, Amazon Redshift
Database Management System
- Details of the Collection system for Big Data help in retrieving, managing, creating storing, and updating information.
- Tools- SQL, Oracle RDBMS, Salesforce, DevOps
Data Ethics and Privacy
- The 6 Principles of Data Protection
- Rules of ethical conduct in data handling like the restriction of unauthorized access to personal data, actions against inappropriate use of data, ownership, and access to data, etc.
This list is of the widely used and taught tools in all the courses:
- R Programming
- Apache Spark
- Project Jupyter
- Rapid Miner
Case Studies and Assignments
Case studies are given to the students based on real-world examples to gain practical knowledge of the theory.
Capstone Project is given at the end of the course, here the student works either individually or in a group on devising solutions for a real-world project.
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course: An Overview
Data Analytics has in a short period managed to carve an important niche for itself in today’s business scenario. With the rise in the demand for Data Analysts, similarly rising is the demand for experts, who can think outside the box. In this race of acquiring a good position and carving a niche for yourself, enrolling in a Data Analytics course is always considered a sound investment in one’s own future. There are a plethora of institutes conducting online and offline Data Analytics courses, the choice depends upon the preference, and convenience of the students and the reputation of the institute. In a bid to ease the choice, we bring you a brief overview of IIM Skills Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course comparison. Both being leaders in their respective fields, here is a list of benefits and course modules each offer to the students:
Brief Overview of IIM SKILLS and Learnbay:
Before embarking on the journey of understanding the advantages and strong points of IIM Skills Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course, here is a brief look at the background of both the leaders:
IIM SKILLS was established in 2015 as an online tech educator imparting Content Writing Courses. The success and the number of satisfied students that the course garnered made the institute foray into teaching other subjects like Digital Marketing, Finance, Investment Banking, Business Accounting, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and many more other subjects. They have a strong presence in 23 cities in India. They also are present in Asia, Dubai and Singapore. They have successfully trained more than 35000 students globally and have conducted more than 9500 training batches. Leading Education Blogs like Career 360, AdvisorUncle, CourseReport, and Course Dekho have voted IIM SKILLS as a leading online training institute.
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Learnbay has to date trained more than 30000 students and assisted their placements amongst their strong network of more than 300 companies, who have been in partnership with Learnbay for placement. Their presence is not only in India but also in Canada and Dubai. They offer courses mainly in Data Science, System Designing, and Full Stack Development.
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course Fees and Eligibility Criteria:
The details of the IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course fees and eligibility criteria are as follows:
|Duration||6 months||5 months for regular weekday batch|
6.5 months for weekend only batch
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors Degree|
Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and computers
|Min. 6 months work experience in the same domain for tech/non-tech background|
BE/B.Tech, BBA/MBA, MCA/MTech
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course Curriculum:
As a student, it is an inherent need to compare the syllabus of different institutes to choose the one which covers the latest softwares and tools and cover a plethora of subjects to ensure that the student has in-depth and good knowledge before they start preparing for interviews. Here is a brief overview of the IIM Skills Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course syllabus for students’ perusal:
|9 hrs||80 hrs|
|15 hrs||50 hrs|
|39 hrs||30 hrs|
|24 hrs||40 hrs|
|18hrs||Data Analytics Using Alteryx||30 hrs|
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course Tools:
In this section we will have a brief look at the tools covered in IIM Skills Vs Learbay Data Analytics Course:
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course Features:
IIM Skills and Learnbay are both industry leaders in Data Analytics domain. The IIM Skills Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course respectively have their own set of advantages which are as follows:
IIM SKILLS: the Special Features of This Course Are as Follows:
- The training includes more than 10 case studies and 7 live projects with well known industries.
- After the completion of the course students may join a 2 months internship program that the institute offers. The students get practical knowledge of all the theories learned in the class, assistance with obstacles, and problem-solving. This ensures that the students are well prepared to step into the real world scenario.
- Students have the opportunity to interact live with mentors and trainers hailing from a rich industrial background.
- The students have lifetime access to the Learning Management System(LMS) in which all the taught material, video recordings, and all other material are stored.
- The institute offers support in resume building and full placement support.
Learnbay: The Outstanding Features of the Data Analytics Course are as follows:
- The training has assignments at the end of each module, to help the students put into practice the things they have learned.,
- The Capstone Project certificate is awarded by IBM.
- The other projects during the training are with Swiggy, Uber, BMS, BFSI, Netflix, and Saudi Aramco.
- The students can interact face to face with mentors who are industry experts in their domain.
- The institute offers 1 yr of job placements and interview opportunities.
- They conduct 3 moc interviews with industry leaders
- They provide assistance in portfolio and resume building.
IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course Certificate:
The certificate is a proof for a student of the validation of learning from a credible and well-renowned institute. IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course offers course completion certificates which have the following organizations accrediting it:
- The certificate provided by IIM SKILLS after the completion of the course is along with MSME and CDAM, both are government institutions.
- The certificate provided by Learnbay is with IBM and Microsoft.
In conclusion, the world of data analytics is fast evolving. With more and more IOT ( Internet of Things) devices getting connected to the internet, the amount of data generation is increasing, and so is the demand for experts who can handle the huge amount of data. Enrolling in any course for Data Analytics gives any aspiring candidate the edge required to perform well in the industry.
In this article, we have described the salient points of IIM SKILLS Vs Learnbay Data Analytics Course. With IIM SKILLS the biggest advantage is that any students with no prior experience in the domain, yet who have an analytical mindset, and interest in mathematics, statistics, and computers, can apply with ease. The course is designed such that all the tools currently prevalent in the industry are included. The institute being a leader in the education domain provides a lifetime access to students through its Learning Management System (LMS) to course material, lectures, and other reading material. IIM Skills has a long list of successful placements as they have an impressive list of placement partnerships with renowned companies.
Learnbay is a leading institute in the field of Data Science and data analytics. They lead in specialization in specific domains, especially for professionals looking to upgrade their knowledge. They too have an impressive list of placement partnerships with well-known companies and have had a successful record of placements for their students. Their certificate from IBM and Microsoft certainly holds an edge over other institutions.
Thus, choosing between IIM SKILLS Vs Learbay Data Analytics Course depends on the choice of the individual as per their goals.
Q. What is a Data Analytics course and its importance?
A Data Analytics course teaches individuals all the tools, techniques and software that are required to collect, clean, and process data to identify trends and patterns. These patterns and variables are sought after to help companies make informed decisions with the objective to enhance revenue and optimize costs. A Data Analytics course is important as the course covers not only the theoretical part but also the practical application of the theory in real world scenarios. The ultimate goal is to prepare a student to be efficient with the required knowledge before applying for any job opportunities, or to enhance the technical skills of candidates already working in this field.
Q. What skills and tools I will learn in any Data Analytics Course?
A Data Analytics course trains the students to work on the latest tools and softwares prevalent in the industry like SQL, Power BI, Excel, Python, R, TABLEAU, ALTERYX, and others. In addition to technical skills soft skills training is a part of the course where the students are prepared for job interviews.
Q. How will I get practical experience while doing a Data Analytics Course?
All Data Analytic Courses have a plethora of case studies and projects which the students have to work on during the training. These cases and projects are taken from real world scenarios, thus, enhancing the analytical skills, problem solving and decisions making skills of the students. Few institutes also offer Capstone Projects to students in which the students work for a company in any of their domains. This is excellent not only in gaining practical experience but also help in building a strong portfolio for the students.