The transition to a single tax replacing the numerous state and central taxes created a lot of challenges to the government, business organizations, and consumers. GST practitioners or consultants who have a clear understanding of GST and its application in business organizations are in high demand after 2017. In this article, we will discuss the top online GST certification courses in Bhopal. Before that, let us gain a clear understanding of the GST and its significance in the economy.
GST (Good Service Tax) was implemented in India by the present government in 2017. When it was initially implemented in 2017, GST was the most hotly debated topic in parliament, newsrooms, and our living rooms. It was the biggest tax reform in India after independence, clubbing several central and state taxes under one roof. “One nation, one tax” was the main objective of the BJP government while introducing GST.
What is GST (Good Service Tax)?
A good service tax is an indirect tax that consumers pay when they buy goods such as food, clothing, medicine, etc., or services. In India, the taxes are divided into two- direct and indirect. Direct taxes are collected or levied directly from the taxpayer, e.g. income tax.
On the other hand, indirect taxes, as the name suggests, are collected indirectly from the taxpayer or consumer while they purchase a good or service, e.g, value-added tax (VAT), service tax, etc. GST is an indirect tax that has largely replaced many other indirect taxes such as VAT, service tax, excise duty, purchase tax, and so on.
Before the implementation of GST, our tax system was complex, consisting of different types of indirect taxes levied by central and state governments. The GST has unified these indirect taxes under one umbrella and also reduced the cascading effect of these indirect taxes.
The main objective of the GST was to streamline the taxation system in India to boost the economy. GST is an all-inclusive indirect tax levied on the manufacturer when he purchases raw materials, the seller when he sells commodities, and the consumer when he purchases commodities.
Types of GST
GST has been classified into 4 depending on the kind of transaction.
Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST): CGST is collected by the central government when the transactions take place in a single state. The CGST has replaced indirect taxes such as excise duty, customs duty, service tax, and so on.
State Goods and Service Tax (SGST): SGST is collected by the state government when transactions take place within the state. SGST has replaced indirect taxes like VAT, purchase tax, entertainment tax, etc. For example, a trader in Chennai has to pay both CGST and SGST taxes.
Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST): If the transaction takes place between two states, IGST is collected. IGST is collected by the central government directly, which will be shared between the state governments and the central government.
Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UGST): UGST is collected by the union territories if the transaction occurs within the union territories. It is the counterpart of SGST. The revenue earned by UGST is collected by the union territory government.
The GST Council of India has allocated the GST rate for different goods and services. The five slabs of GST rates are 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, and 28%. More than 1300 goods and 500 services are categorized under these slabs, ensuring food and other necessary items are kept under lower slabs while luxury items are higher.
Goods falling under these categories are revised and updated by the government according to the supply and demand of the product. Various educational institutions have introduced GST certificate courses to help students and professionals in the accounting, tax, and finance sectors to gain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of GST.
All business organizations require GST professionals or experts to ensure that the GST tax policies and procedures are carried out smoothly. As a result, GST practitioners are in high demand in both small and large companies in Bhopal.
Top 11 GST Certification Courses in Bhopal
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills, one of the leading online educational institutions founded in 2015 is offering various technical courses in subjects that are in high demand for career growth. IIM Skills is ranked number one by various educational blogs like Coursedekho, Career 360, Course report, Advisor uncle, etc. More than 15,000 students have been trained by IIM Skills across the globe. Led by experienced trainers IIM Skills is providing world-class education at reasonable prices.
Features of IIM Skills GST Certification Course:-
GST online certification course by IIM skills is one of the top online GST certification courses in Bhopal which is providing a 360-degree approach to all the aspects of GST. After the course, the learner will be able to work independently as a GST professional in any of the business organizations.
- Video classes of 16 hours give an in-depth knowledge of GST.
- The curriculum is carefully researched and designed by industry experts, syncing the latest developments in the GST domain.
- Hands-on learning projects and practical training with case studies by leading industry experts
- After completing the course, students will be trained to perform a GST health check of a business organization.
- Placement assistance
- Lifetime access to the LMS, free eBooks, invoicing tools, and software.
- The certificate is recognized by the MSME Govt of India.
The curriculum of the course is covered in 9 modules listed below
- The genesis and concept of GST
- Registration process under GST
- The framework and structure of GST
- Invoicing rules and regulations
- Input tax
- credit payment
- GST returns filing
- Composition scheme under GST
- Reverse charge mechanism
- E way bill under GST
An online objective exam of 30-minute duration with 50 marks will be conducted, and a certificate will be provided after passing the exam. Testimonials by the professionals who have completed the GST course from IIM Skills show that the course has helped them get a hike in their salaries.
Course Fees – Rs 2900 + GST
More Professional Courses Conducted
- Financial Modeling Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- Content Writing Course
- Technical Writing Course
- Advanced SEO Course
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the professional body of chartered accountants, was set up in 1949 to offer chartered accountancy courses. ICAI also offers many courses in accounting and finance, which are useful for ICAI and CA members.
ICAI is offering online GST certification courses in Bhopal, which will be useful for auditors and financial professionals. It is a 10-day course with an option for weekend and weekday classes.
Topics covered in this course
- Definition and concept under GST
- Time & place of supply
- Input tax credit
- Transitional issues
- Advance ruling
- Customs duty
- Ethical practice,
- Overview of GST
- Exemption list of goods and services
- Miscellaneous provision.
Course Fees – 14000 Rs.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Bhopal
The Institute of Legal and Management Studies (ILMS) is a non-profit online educational institute providing online courses to enhance the skills of professionals and students to meet the requirements of the job market. ILMS is offering 3 monthly online GST certification courses in Bhopal. The “GST Professional Certification Course” offered by ILMS will help individuals, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and accountants gain knowledge regarding goods and services tax.
30 hours of self-paced video tutorials are divided into 2 sections. The first section will offer practical knowledge of GST, and the second section of the course will give practical experience in GST filing, deadlines, and penalties.
- Introduction to GST?
- Deep Dive in GST Practical knowledge
- Registration Services on GST Portal
- Ledger Services on GST Portal
- Returns Services on GST Portal
- Payment Services on GST Portal
- User Services on GST Portal
- Refunds Services on GST Portal
- GST Law from GST Portal
- Searching Taxpayer Services on GST Portal
- Payroll with PF, ESI, EPF, Statutory Payment
- compute TDS
- extract TDS Reports
- Manufacturing Firm
- MIS Reports for Managerial Level
- GST Computation & Reports
- Goods Transport Agency
- Input GST Credit
- Import & Export Entries
Course Fees – 3500 /-
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a premier national professional body set up by the government of India under an act of parliament to develop and regulate the profession of company secretaries in India. ICSI is offering online GST certification courses in Bhopal.
The “Certificate Course in GST” by ICSI will help the learner to understand the concept of GST and its implementation. The course covers the fundamentals of GST as well as its impact on the tax system.
Features of the course
- Online courses offered through the ICSI LMS platform contain recorded video tutorials, live webinars, and PowerPoint presentations.
- The duration of the course will be 15 to 20 hours. Online classes of 2 hours will be conducted during the weekends.
- Members and professional program students of ICSI are eligible for the course.
- After the completion of the course, the candidate has to pass the online MCQ test with a 50% weightage and the project report assessment with a 50% weightage.
- A certificate by ICSI will be provided after the course’s completion.
- Introduction of GST
- Role of GST Practitioner
- Registration process under GST
- Returns under GST
- Input tax credit
- GST Audit
- GSTR 1
- GSTR 3B
- GSTR 9
- GSTR -9C
Course Fees – 7500/-
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Gujarat
5 . CA Club India
CA Club India is offering a variety of online classes on topics related to accounts and finance. They are offering certification courses in Tally, Excel, transfer pricing, financial modeling, etc. CA Club India is offering online GST certification courses in Bhopal.
GST Certification Course (Basic to Advanced) by CCI Online learning will help to understand GST from basic to advanced levels and also give practical know-how of filing the returns of GST on the GST portal. It is 62 hours of self-paced, pre-recorded video tutorial classes along with an e-book.
Topics covered in the course
- Module A – Basic to advance & GST litigations & drafting rely on GST notices
- Module B – Sector wise analysis
- Module C – GST practical return filing with case studies
Course rees – rupees 7999/-
VSkills, located in New Delhi, offers government-certified online courses for working professionals and students who are seeking employment. The Certified GST Professional course offered by VSkills are online GST certification courses in Bhopal for accounting professionals, tax consultants, and commerce students. This course will give a clear understanding of the practical aspects of GST.
Features of the Certified GST Professional course
- Lifetime access to the LMS
- Hardcopy of the study materials
- Self-paced learning method. The total number of learning hours is 28.
- After the course, students can take an online exam any time of 60 minutes duration to get a government recognized certificate.
- Taxation and GST basics
- GST administration
- GST registration
- GST payment
- GST accounting or record keeping
- GST and law
- GST in other countries
Course Fees – 3499/-
7. Clear Tax
It is one of the largest tax and financial services platforms in India. “Comprehensive e-learning certification course in the new GST returns” by Cleartax is an online GST certification course for tax practitioners, company executives, and commerce students. The duration of the course is 8 hours, which will help the learner to understand all the aspects of GST.
Topics covered in the course
- Module 1 – Basics of GST returns
- Module 2 – New GST return system
- Module 3 – Transition from old to new system
Course Fees – Rupees 3600/-
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Bangalore
Tax Guru Edu is the educational wing of Tax Guru India. Tax Guru Edu is offering self-learning certification courses in GST, income tax, and customs duty. They are offering a blended learning approach with access to the LMS and pre-recorded sessions to give a real-world class experience.
Access will be provided to the interactive query resolution forum to clear up any doubts. A learner has to complete the course within 3 months. Their Self-learning GST Certification Courses in Bhopal is an online training that covers topics related to GST from basic to advanced levels.
- Basic concepts of GST & taxes subsumed in GST
- Concept of Central Sales Tax
- GST Set off rules, GST amendment act
- GSTR – 3B
- GSTR -1
- GST return
Course Fees: Rs.8000/-
9. ICA Edu Skills
ICA Edu Skills, one of the leading training institutes in India for accounts, finance, and tax education are offering a short-term online course in GST. ICA Edu Skills, set up in 1999, is offering many job-oriented courses with the objective of reducing unemployment in India. “Course In Good And Service Tax” is an online training program by ICA Edu Skills is a self-paced video tutorial of 27 hours duration covering GST registration to return filing.
Course Fees – 5000 Rs.
Highlights of the course
- Important definitions
- Pass entries
One of the well-known e-learning platforms, Udemy, is also offering GST certification courses in Bhopal. Udemy is one of the top learning platforms which offers courses in diverse subjects like programming, accounting, marketing, photography, etc. Udemy is offering a variety of online GST certification courses in Bhopal. The course fees for these courses differ depending on the duration and the course content.
The popular GST certification courses from Udemy are:
- Master in GST
- Basics of GST
- Goods & service tax in India – a brief introduction
- GST – the complete good and service tax certification course
- Good and services tax (GST) India certification training
- Good and services tax act 2017 with practical examples
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Chandigarh
11. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is a global tech company founded in 2013 and offers various training programs for skills and career development. It is one of the most famous and trusted ed-tech companies in India. GST Practitioner course training by Henry Harvin is one of the top GST online certification courses in Bhopal. The course curriculum is developed by GST experts and helps in understanding the day-to-day aspects of GST law.
Features of the online GST certification courses in Bhopal
- 32 hours of live online interactive sessions for 4 weekends
- Projects like GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, and more
- Internship assistance
- Govt recognized certificate
- Placement assistance support for 1 year
- Training by experts in the field of taxation
- Option for live online classes and self-paced course
- Gain skill in important topics like E-way bills, returns, refunds, ITC, ITC04, supply, etc.
- Module 1 – Supply & Levy, Place of supply, Value of the supply, E waybill
- Module 2 – Registration, Input tax credit, ITC 04, Transitional provisions, Job work
- Module 3 – Account & records, Invoice, Tax payment, Time of supply, Returns, Refund
- Module 4 – Audits, Assessment, Offences and penalties, Demand & Recovery
Course Fees –
Self-paced course – 11250/-
Live online classes – 12500/-
Frequently asked questions
1) Are GST professionals in demand in India?
The implementation of GST has created a huge demand for tax and accounting professionals with GST course certificates. As per various job portals, over 1 lakh job opportunities were created in the taxation, accounting, and finance sectors in the first year. Roughly 50,000 to 60,000 job opportunities are created every year around the activities connected with GST.
2) What are the different career options for a GST-certified person?
Tax Manager, tax accountant, tax planner, revenue agent, financial advisor, tax analyst, GST practitioner, GST trainer, GST consultant.
3) What are the requirements needed to become a certified GST practitioner?
By registering at the GST portal and passing the GST examination, a person who has finished the GST certification course can become a certified GST practitioner. The NACIN (National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes, and Narcotics) conducts the GST Practitioners test twice a year, and the applicant must pass the exam within two years of enrolment.
In the above list, I have mentioned some of the top online GST certification courses in Bhopal. The curriculum, method of teaching, duration of the course, and experience of the trainers are different for each course. So, before selecting an institute, it is recommended to go through the curriculum content and the review by the learners. If possible, request a demo class before registering for the course. Any hard-working graduate with numerical, organizational, communication, analytical, and software skills can excel in this field.