Are you finding it stressful to find the best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore? We have got you sorted. Most young students seek professional courses to increase their application skills. In the high-competition job world, more than the number of degrees a student possesses, what matters are the skills you have in you.
Through your skills, the company will be able to analyze how much you will lend to the productivity of the company. There are some of the best financial modeling courses in Singapore that you can do to give a boost to your career. Let’s start!
Meaning of Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
For any firm or industry, the finance department forms one of the most critical departments. Do you know the reason? Well, it is quite simple. Since every other department depends upon finance, a company depends enormously on the finance department. The position of the company, client reputations, productivity, sales, investments, etc is all dependent on the financial department.
In today’s highly competitive and dynamic market situation, the success and the failure of a firm depend on the financial and accounts division. In a field of such importance, it is obviously necessary to appoint and employ skilled and knowledgeable employees. Since most young students and freshers from a commerce background aspire to join the finance department, this type of professional course is going to prove quite efficient.
Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore refer to the various modeling courses that you can avail yourself of in the following location. Singapore being an educational hotspot and a place offering a great work environment and opportunities is always a top priority for students. A financial modeling course refers to the task of data recording like the profits, losses, investments, revenue collection, transactions, etc of a particular firm.
You may like to read: Top 7 Financial Modeling Courses in India
Scope of Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
A professional course is introduced with the main aim of making youngsters employable and adequately charged with the necessary skills. A financial modeling course will provide you with the required skills needed to be efficient in your work. In a technical field, the most important aspect is the knowledge of the recent tools and software that are used in the market.
This course will introduce you to the tools and also give you a fair deal of knowledge about how these tools are used in the financial industry. Once your knowledge base is clear, you will be trained to practically apply them in your work assignments. The course curriculum is backed by assignments and case studies that will help you develop your practical skills.
The continuous blend of conceptual knowledge with applicative knowledge will make you a highly efficient and productive individual who can excel in a particular field of work. The certificate you will receive from the institute will be an add-on achievement that you can attach to your CV. Each day more and more new techniques and tools are introduced and used in the market.
The course curriculum is updated frequently so that you don’t miss out on any particular concept. Also, a course like this will expand your horizon and make you aware of the new fields that have opened up in the financial world. The course will teach and train you extensively about MS Excel which is perhaps the most important tool used in accounting and finance.
Professions You Can Enter After Completing Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
- Bank Manager
- Equity Research Analyst
- Financial Modeler
- Investment Banker
- Risk Manager
- Tax Collector
You may like to read: Top 10 Financial Modeling Courses in Bangalore
Top Institutes Offering Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
1. IIM Skills Financial Modeling Course
IIM Skills is considered one of the most reputed and trusted institutes around the globe. The reason behind this achievement of trust in just a few years is due to the high efficiency of the courses provided by this institute. With the internet, several kinds of new fields have opened up. Content Writing, Digital Marketing, SEO, etc are all new fields that have come in due to the internet.
This institute has highly trained experts who provide students with the professional skills and attitudes required to excel in the field of work. The extremely helpful and accommodative faculty makes it easier for the students to approach them regarding any query. The financial modeling course provided by the institute is one of the best online courses provided at the present time
Course Provided: Financial Modeling Master Course
Fees: SGD 708.63
Duration: 3 months
- Basic and Advanced Excel
- Introduction and understanding of the Ribbon
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Regular use functions- Vlookup, Index, etc
- Rules of Conditional Formatting
- Data Validation
- Table functions
- Pivot tables, Pivot Charts, and Slicers
- Different types of charts and graphs
- Sensitivity analysis
- Delimit and Flash Fill
- Return functions
- What-If analysis
- Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Key Accounting Fundamental concepts
- Concepts of keyline items
- Concept of comprehensive Income
- Relevance of Notes
- Preparing common size financial statements
- Reading of Annual Report
- Ratio/KPI Analysis
- Types of Ratios
- Activity Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- DuPont formula
- Valuation Ratios
- Basic and diluted EPS
- Financial Summary
- Basics of Financial Modeling
- Structure for a financial model
- Creating Scenarios
- Building Revenue
- Preparing different schedules
- Projecting financial statements
- Error tracking skills
- Formatting tips
- Addition of cover page
- Types of Financial Models
- LBO Model
- Three-Statement Projection Model
- M&A Model
- Private Equity Return Model
- 13 Week Cash Flow Model
- Business Valuation
- Relative Valuation
- DCF Valuation
- NAV Approach
- Football field analysis
- Valuation Output
- Valuation Report
- Pre-money and Post-money valuation
Perks of doing this course:
- More than 100 hours of the course are dedicated to practical training. You will also be exposed to 5 case studies. The practical training along with the case studies will help you to understand the real market scenario. With highly developed efficiency, students will be able to show their skills to their recruiters.
- You will be provided with internship opportunities that will enable you to put yourself in real and practical situations. Problem-solving skills will get imbibed in your day-to-day life. The internship period will be like a practice ground that will help you to work on your skills.
- Lifetime LMS access would be provided to you at no extra cost. Anytime you feel the need to come back and revise a few old skills or concepts, you can simply log in and you will have the previous study materials along with the newer additions that are made every week.
- The trainers who will teach you are experienced professionals who have been in this field for more than a decade. Their knowledge and experience will help you gain a complete understanding of the market and specifically the financial department. Since each industry works in a different way, the requirements also differ accordingly. The trainers will help you to analyze the varied situations and thus work accordingly.
Phone: +91 9911839503
Other Courses Provided by IIM Skills
2. Singapore Management University
The institute is known for providing one of the best practical driven financial modeling courses in Singapore that enable students to find a suitable job for themselves. The institute provides offline classroom mode education, where there is a continuous interaction between students and teachers. It is a comprehensive application-oriented course that will help you to understand various intricate details of the financial industry.
Course Provided: Practical Financial Modeling and Valuation
Fees: SGD 1712.00
Duration: 2 days
- Principles to Modeling
- Building Financial Models
- Accessing the Impact of Strategic decisions
- Valuations in Negotiations and Decision Making
Perks of doing this course:
- You will learn to carry out the scenario as well as sensitivity analyses based on different and diverse business drivers. Once the analysis is complete, you will build the financial models to which this analysis will be applied. Thus there will be a complete practical understanding of the industry.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to give a test that will evaluate your skills. The type of the test will be decided by your trainer. It can be an online quiz, a presentation, or a classroom exercise. You will need to score a minimum of 75% to pass and get our course completion certificate.
- Since MS Excel is the most important tool used in the finance and accounting industry, you will get hands-on training in this field. Students will be taught from scratch about the various important techniques that can be used to make the data recording process much more accurate. As a classroom training session, the classes are highly interactive where adequate time is given to solve your doubts.
- Special sponsors and funding are available to help students get the course at a cheaper rate. To avail of sponsorship, you can directly contact the university which will guide you.
Phone: +65-6828 0971
Since 2013, the institute has been providing quality education and training to its students to help them gain the proper set of skills necessary to get into a good company. They had branches in Australia and New Zealand and recently in Southeast Asia. The technical training motivated programs help students to learn and develop the practical skills and analytical skills necessary to succeed n the market.
Course Provided: Excel Financial Modeling Course
Fees: SGD 450.00
Duration: 1 day
- Modeling Techniques
- Defined Names
- Validating Data
- Formula Referencing
- Absolute versus Relative Referencing
- Logical Functions
- Financial Functions
- Date and Time Functions
- Lookup Functions
- Complex Formulas
- Math Functions
- Protecting Data
- Goal Seeking
Perks of doing this course:
- The course is provided in the remote training mode. In this type of training, you will simply have to log in from your own desktop at your home and you will be exposed to a live-training session provided by an instructor.
- The content of the course is innovative and based on the latest developments in the market. This will help you to get the best education based on the recent financial innovative techniques that are currently in use.
- Upon completing the course you will learn to create your own financial models, understand the proper excel rules, and thereby apply them in your work. Best modeling techniques will also be in your grasp by the end of this course.
Phone: +65 3106 4600
4. Knowledge Hut
The institute provides one of the best financial modeling courses in Singapore which is in line with the latest and recent developments in the field of finance and accounts. With some of the most experienced and trained faculty members, the institute is often trusted by students.
Course Provided: Financial Modeling Course on Excel
Duration: 24 hours
- Modeling Architecture
- Sample Detailed Case
- Timeline Modeling
- Revenue & Capex
- Financial Structure
- Debt Schedule
- Costs Drivers
- Dividend & Tax
- Integrating the Financials
- Ratio Analysis
- Circularity Switch & Iteration
- Simple Marcos
- Bond Valuation
Perks of doing this course:
- With a live-instructor-led course curriculum, students will receive hands-on practical training and experience required to master the technical skills required in this field.
- The course will train you to build financial models, use excel for accounting, use balance sheets, understand financial statements, work around risks, and make proper ratio analyses.
- It is an online course enabling you to do this course and avail of its benefits from the comfort of your home.
5. IMS Proschool
The institute is known for the student-friendly approach that helps you to get trained and feel at ease at the same time. As a comprehensive course, you will be provided with enough reading materials as well as practical training on the things learned and understood. The financial modeling course provided by the institute is considered one of the leading modeling courses.
Course Provided: Financial Modeling Course Training
Fees: SGD 568 approx
Duration: 3 to 4 months
- Excel Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Equity Research Modeling
- Financial Statement and Ratios
- Project Financial Modeling
- Report Writing and Sector Overview
Perks of doing this course:
- The institute provides 2 types of certifications to each student. Once you finish the course and submit all the assignments you were supposed to complete, you will receive a course completion certificate from IMS Proschool. After this, it is your choice if you want to give the NSE exam for which you will need to pay an additional fee of INR 1,700. If you give this exam, you will receive the certificate from NSE Academy and this certificate will have lifetime validity.
- To ensure that each student gets a good job, a dedicated placement cell is there to help each of you. To prepare you for the interview rounds, regular mock interviews along with soft skills training is given to each student.
- During this course, you will be exposed to and be able to gain 3 types of skills- conceptual, practical, and functional. So while you understand what financial statements and ratio analysis is, you will also gain the practical knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, report writing, etc. Along the course and the understanding of various concepts, you will be able to develop your analytical and critical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
The training is provided by experts with extensive knowledge about the industry. Also, the active learning method adopted by the institute helps to create a good trainer-student relationship with spaces for doubt-clearance.
6. Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
Considered one of the best institutes providing financial modeling courses in Singapore to its students, the practical skill that you will acquire during this course will help you immensely in getting a better work opportunity. The training provided is practical-oriented where along with proper and extensive theoretical analysis, you will be given practical experience.
Course Provided: Financial Modeling Course
- Case Study 1
- Loan Calculation Model
- Financial Functions of PMT, and CUMIPMT
- Create: Combo Box, Check Box, Scroll Bar
- Understand the principles behind the design
- Enhancing the model with more creative Excel functions
- Business Perspective of Financial Model
- Case Study 2
- Building Monthly Forecast
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss
- Cash Flow Projections
- Fixed Assets
- Supporting WorkSheets
- Macro Recording
- Case Study 3
- Building Investment Model
- Payback Period
- Integrating Excel Functions
- Scenario Manager & Summary
- Financial Functions
- IF Function
- Multiple IF Function
- Group & Ungroup
- MATCH Function
- Creating Form – Combo Box
- Understand Basic Macro
- Assigning Macro to Box
- Sheet Protect
Perks of doing this course:
- You will be provided with samples of financial statements and investment templates for future reference and usage.
- Special time is provided for clearance of doubts to help candidates have a better understanding of every concept taught to them.
- 3 real situation-based case studies are provided to you. You will analyze these case studies and evaluate the situation. This whole process will make you highly competent in your understanding of the basics.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to build financial models using excel. While creating various models, you will be aware of the rules that are followed while creating models.
Frequently Asked Questions on Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
Q1. What is the average duration of the financial modeling courses in Singapore?
On average, the courses range from 3 to 4 months. But there are a few courses that are available here which are a maximum of 1 or 2 days. These are called crash courses that focus only on the practical training part with no extra teaching on theory.
Q2. Will I receive certificates upon completing the course?
Yes. A professional course will always provide you with certificates upon course completion. This certificate can be used by you as an additional benefit which you can attach to your portfolio. The certificate will give your interviewer an idea of the skills possessed by you.
Q3. What are the eligibility criteria to do financial modeling courses in Singapore?
To do financial modeling course, you must be from a commerce background. Basic computer skills are a must as the tools and techniques that you will learn must be applied on the computer. Even if you are not from a commerce background, you must be aware of the basics of this stream because the courses will not deal with the basics as they are short-term courses.
A little idea and knowledge about excel will be an added plus point that will help you to get a better understanding of the concepts and tools.
Concluding thoughts on Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
Singapore is considered to be one of the best educational hubs in the world with great institutions providing education here. The financial modeling courses in Singapore are highly beneficial for those aspiring to enter the field of finance and accounting.
The techniques and tools you will learn here will help you all your life. So, when a course will only benefit you, why would someone not do it! So, get yourself enrolled now for a blooming and shining career ahead. All the best for your bright future ahead.