The scope of financial services has broadened over the years. If you are interested in building a career in finance but are different from the mainstream routine then financial modeling is the best available option for you. This field is slightly different from the regular account /audit jobs. In this field, you are required to evaluate data and make financial models/reports to predict the upcoming market trends.
Companies are regularly looking for people with in-depth knowledge of financial analysis, thus having a certification in financial modeling will always be an added advantage. Hence, this is an important skill for people in the finance sector who want to peruse a rewarding carrer in related fields. To get a deeper understanding of this subject, read the article. Here we have listed down the top 10 Financial Modeling Courses in Pune.
The process of creating a company’s earning record and drafting in a spreadsheet on software like MS Excel to analyze the financial performance for the future is referred to as Financial Modeling. Once the data is collected and displayed on a spreadsheet, mathematics models are used to make financial statement analyses.
The analysis helps the company in making futuristic decisions, inside or outside. Inside a company the executives can use this information for budgeting and Forecasting, raising Capital (Debt and/or Equity), making acquisitions, growing business organically and many more such decisions depend on these reports.
This is a high-demand course as companies are looking for such professionals. If you are looking for a promotion or a change in your career, this is a good option for you. This is a professional course hence the duration will depend on the course you choose.
A certificate course takes about 3-6 months to complete whereas a degree may take 3 years or so. Financial modeling is a core subject in many degree courses related to finance. Here are options you can choose from to do Financial Modeling courses in Pune.
What is the Scope of Financial Modeling?
All companies require financial experts to understand their finances and predict their financial future. These experts are hired to help companies understand the performance of their financial assets which gives the companies a clear view of the investments they should consider.
With businesses relying on data sciences to create financial models and predict future trends, Financial Modeling is a good carrier for the future. Here are a few intuitions that hire Financial Modelers:
- Insurance Firms
- Stock Trading
- portfolio Management
- Finance companies
- Credit rating companies
- Equity and private equity research firms
Many opportunities would open for you to work at a higher level in the finance department, like Finance Manager, Audit Manager, and Business analysts are a few to name. Doing a course in this field will make you stand out as an expert as it will help you to give more relevant and precise information about the company/industry. Financial modeling courses in Pune will help you to work in the above sectors.
Other Courses That Could Be of Your Interest in Pune
- Content Writing Courses in Pune
- Technical Writing Courses in Pune
- Digital Marketing Courses in Pune
- GST Certification Courses in Pune
- SEO Courses in Pune
Use of Financial Models
- These models help investment bankers to determine the value of a firm. It also helps the bankers to predict the feasibility while creating a funding plan.
- It helps analysts examine a business’s projections to determine if it would be profitable for the company.
- Credit rating agencies use these models to analyze the past data and balance and judge the risk element, which helps in rating a firm.
- These models play a vital role in mergers and acquisitions of companies.
- It gives a clear picture of the financial condition of a company and aids in the allocation of funds for various departments.
What Are the Steps Involved?
There are various steps involved in making and using these models. We have summed them up in the given table in 3 basic steps. The process is a complex one and the modelers work very hard to make these models.
Financial Modeling Courses in Pune.
Pune is the second biggest city in Maharashtra. There are many MNCs in the city which opens many job opportunities in various sectors. Up-gradation of skills is always an added advantage in any field. For people in the finance field, this is one such course. The course can be done online and offline mode. All the courses listed below are certificate courses. Here is a list of the top 10 institutes offering Financial Modeling courses in Pune.
|List of institutes.|
1. IIM SKILLS
The financial modeling course at IIM SKILLS is one of the most rigorous training programs incorporating a plethora of features that makes you an astute financial modeler by the end of the training. It is a 3-month program with over 100 hours of learning with practical tasks and a thorough analysis of 5 case studies. Additionally, you have an internship opportunity and a dedicated placement cell. The course will offer you the step-by-step process of creating financial models using MS- Excel.
Course Name – Financial Modeling Course
Course Price – Rs 39900 + GST.
The curriculum includes the following modules:
- All you Need to Know About Advanced MS Excel
- KPI Analysis
- Basics Of Financial Modeling
- Accounting Concepts
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Business Analysis
- Types of Financial Models
- Consolidating The Financial Statements
The placement cell helps to determine your strengths and prepares you to appear for interviews based on those strengths. You get soft skills training including resume preparation, and mock interview sessions. After the completion of the course, you will be able to collate important historical data, analyze the financial situation of the enterprise and create financial models that will benefit the business by helping take important decisions.
Contact: 9911839503, [email protected]
2. Edupristine – Financial Modeling
EduPristine is a member of the American-based company Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). Adtalem has 9 institutes under its umbrella and runs companies with over 10,000 employees across the globe. EduPristine trains students on hypothetical designed case studies along with practical ones, which enables the students to get practice in modeling.
The institute offers one of the best financial modeling courses in Pune. On completion of this course and the assessments, the students are issued a joint certificate by EduPristine and BSE Institute Ltd.
BSE is the fastest-growing stock exchange in the world and has opened its institute and is tied up with various universities internationally giving its certificate a global recognition. It takes 1-3 months to complete this course. The course fee ranges from ₹ 12,600 – to ₹ 23,100 depending on the package chosen.
- Creating a Financial Model template
- Representing data in tabular format
- Summarize data on Pivot Tables
- Use of conditional formatting
- Collecting and structuring data
- Use of various financial models
- Understanding mergers and acquisitions
- FMCG case study
- Small Batches of 20-25 students
- 70 hrs of live training and pre-recorded lectures
- BSE certification
- Training on Excel workbook
- Active Discussion Forum
- After course engagements
Also, learn about the Upskilling Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Pune
2. IMS – Financial Modeling Course
IMS-Proschool offers an interactive certificate course in collaboration with NSE Academy & National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the Ministry of Skill Development, and the Government of India. Ranked 4the by AC Nielsen and Brand Equity Survey, the course is offered in class, online, and via distance learning making it a leader in the field of financial modeling courses in Pune.
Course Fee: The course fee depends upon the delivery mode of the course.
It starts from ₹40,000 for in-classroom mode, ₹ 28,000 for online learning, and ₹ 20,000 for distance learning.
- Concept clarity- Valuation Methods, Financial Statements; Financial Management and Ratio Analysis
- Advance Excel – Formatting of sheets, formula function
- Financial Models advance techniques
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Data representation in form of charts and graphs
- Use of Pivot tables
- NSE academy certification
- 100% job assistance
- Training for job interviews
- Flexible learning options
- Additional training in VBA-Macros and Merger &Acquisition
3. University of Pennsylvania (Coursera) – Business and Financial Modeling
This is a series of courses that helps you to enhance your skills. It is not mandatory to do all courses, you can choose what exactly you want to do and return when you are ready for the next one. This is a completely online course and you can enroll at any time. Each specialization has a hand-on-project that needs to be completed for getting the certificate.
Course Fee: The course starts from ₹ 5,962
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to spreadsheets and models
- Modeling risks and realities
- Decision Making and scenarios
- Wharton Business and financial modeling capstone
- Taught by international Faculty
- Flexible schedule as it is 100% online
- Flexible deadline
- Certificate on completion
- Graded assignment with proper feedback
- Financial aid available
4. Corporate Finance Institute (CIF) – Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst
CIF is the largest financial training and skill development platform in the world. It provides training to financial experts globally with certification. This course focuses on learning financial modeling skills along with budgeting and forecasting. With interactive exercises and guided case studies, the course is designed in a way that all basic fundaments are made clear.
The enrolled students can choose to complete the course at their own pace. The students are required to submit assignments and take quizzes along with 70% marks in their exams to get a certificate. It takes 4-6 months to complete this course.
Course Fee: It starts from $ 497, approximately around ₹ 39,000 for 1 year in self-study mode, and $ 847 approximately around ₹ 66,000 for the full course.
To get a certificate from CIF, one has to do a minimum of 14 courses from the below 3 modules.
Module 1 – Prep Courses –these Are 7 Optional Prep Courses to Understand the Fundamentals
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Reading Financial Statements
- Excel Fundamentals – Formulas for Finance
- Corporate Finance Fundamentals
- Math for Corporate Finance
- Capital IQ Fundamentals
- Macabacus Fundamentals
Module 2 – Core Courses – complete all 11 to get a better understanding of Financial modeling and valuation
- Financial Analysis Fundamentals
- Accounting Principles and Standards
- Building a 3 Statement Financial Model
- Business Valuation Modeling Part I
- Business Valuation Modeling Part II
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- FP&A Monthly Cash Flow Forecast Model
- Scenario & Sensitivity Analysis in Excel
- Dashboards & Data Visualization
- PowerPoint & Pitchbooks
- Professional Ethics
Module 3 – Elective Courses Choose any 3
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Modeling
- Leveraged Buyout LBO Modeling
- The Amazon Case Study (New Edition)
- Presentation of Financial Information
- Real Estate Financial Modeling
- Startup / e-Commerce Financial Model & Valuation
- Mining Financial Model & Valuation
- Renewable Energy – Solar Financial Modeling
- Corporate & Business Strategy
- Advanced Excel Formulas & Functions
- Excel VBA for Finance
- 100% online, learn at your pace
- 29 courses to choose from
- Over 170 interactive exercises
- Blockchain certificate
- Lifetime access to the CIF library
5. FINXL – Financial Modeling & Equity Research (FM&ER)
It offers one of the best financial modeling courses in Pune, and its course is a good option for you if you do not have a finance background. The course is designed to clear all basic concepts of finance and then advance to a higher level. With real-time examples, the course is 80% practical from the industry.
The practical learning approach helps the students to understand how the industry works and what would be doing once they become finance modelers. The course gives 3 certificates on completion. This is 4 months to finish.
Course Fee: ₹ 20,000
- Advance Ms. Excel
- Data collection and modeling
- Finance Fundamentals
- Equity Research
- Financial Modeling and valuation
- Real-time case study
- Lifetime access to FINXL library
- 3 certification
- Resume preparation
- Placement assistance
6. EY- (E-learning) – Financial Modeling & Valuation
This certificate program is a comprehensive learning plan through video lessons. The course is run by senior professionals who are a member of the EY team globally. The program covers financial models along with the basics of valuation and its methods to interpret results.
This helps the individual to make well-structured financial models which in turn helps the students to perform an individual business valuation. Participants will be issued a certificate only when they complete the online MCQ assessment with at least 50% marks. This institute has the cheapest financial modeling course in Pune.
Course Fee : ₹ 10,000+taxes
- Best practices in the industry
- Designing and structuring models
- Sector-specific working of expense and revenue
- Tax calculation
- Integrating financial statements
- Building macros
- Different approaches to valuation and how they should apply them
- +36 hours of video
- Online assessment
- 6 months of access to the LMS
- Query resolution via mail
7. Grant Thornton L&D Academy (GTA) – Financial Modeling and Valuation (E-Learning)
GTA offers a self-paced certificate course for working professionals and for people looking to acquire new skills. The course has 40 hours of instructor-led sessions and 30 hours of pre-recorded sessions along with case studies, making it to the top financial modeling courses in Pune. The program focuses on up-skilling the participant’s financial modeling and valuation techniques. To acquire a certificate the candidate must clear the final assessment.
Course Fee: ₹ 30,000 + taxes.
- MS Excel
- Basic Business Model
- Financial Statements
- Financial Model – Modeling, Valuation
- Project Valuation – Introduction, Creating a Model for NPV & IRR
- Modeling Delays
- Project Valuation – Circular Logic and looping
- Visualization – Interactive Excel Dashboard
- M&A – Introduction, Evaluation, Valuation
- 70 hours of lectures
- Instructor-led program
- 1-year access to Grant Thornton LMS
If you want to do a financial modeling course within a budget then Udemy is the best place for you. There are quite a few options available for all levels. You can start by doing a basic course and then move to a professional course. These courses are generally self-paced which means that you can complete them whenever you get time.
Most of these courses give a certificate of completion. The courses start from a bare minimum of ₹ 1,999 going up to a maximum of ₹5,000. This platform allows people to do financial modeling courses in Pune and other such finance-related courses. There are many courses available on Udemy, the curriculum will depend on the course you choose. Check the website for details
- Pocket friendly
- Various options to choose from
- Certificate of completion
9. Imarticus – Financial Analysis Prodegree
This is a leading institute providing various courses related to the field of finance. “Financial Analysis Prodegree” is the best program to understand this subject. Along with a practical learning approach, the program has an industry-aligned curriculum. The institute is located in Mumbai but gives online options to students from different parts of the world.
Offline classes are held only in the institute. The duration of the course is 5 months. There are 2 levels in the course at the end of which the student has to clear two evaluations. This is a good option for people looking to in campus financial modeling courses in Pune.
Course Fee: For online classes, the fee is ₹ 58,000 and for the offline mode the price is ₹ 75,000.
- Financial analysis
- Principle of accounting
- Ration analysis and consolation
- Excel – Basic and advance
- Forecasting and financial modeling
- Modeling case – KPMG
- Operate Strategy
- Valuation Basics
- Equity & firm valuation
- Powerpoint- technical skills
- Basic communication
- Placement assurance
- Networking opportunities with the alumni
10. Henry Harvin
With a globally recognized curriculum, Henry Harvin offers a 9-in-1 course in financial modeling. The course has 6 essential modules and industry case studies to develop strong financial models by using them practically. Their detailed curriculum is the main reason why Henry Harvin has made it to the top Financial Modeling course in Pune.
Course Fee: The course is priced at ₹ 28,500 +18%GST. The institute has a 100% refund policy if you are not satisfied with the course after the first session.
- MS Excel Tips and Tricks
- Financial Statements & Ratio Analysis
- Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Project Finance & Equity Research Modeling
- Report writing
- Case studies 1 & 2
- Live sessions
- Recording of live session is available
- Trainer led program
- 24×7 help available through virtual meet
- 100% job Guarantee
1. What are the requirements to do financial modeling courses in Pune?
Although any graduate can pursue this certificate course, there are a few prerequisites that are taken into consideration, like basic knowledge of excel and fundamental finance knowledge. Having a background in finance, economics, maths, and statistics will be an advantage.
2. What skills do I need to be an expert?
Although there are no necessary skills that are required but a little knowledge of finance would always be beneficial. To become an expert as a finance modeler you need to have an understanding of Ms excel and an eye for detail and research ability. The financial modeling courses in Pune will help you to become an expert in this field.
3. Can I do financial modeling on my own?
You can learn this on your own by reading books and using other recourses like Videos on YouTube. But this entire process will take a long time. The structured courses make it easy for the candidate to understand the concepts. Clarification of concepts is very important thus a mentor is required to help you as and when required. The practical experiences of the trainers give the learner an understanding of the industry.
4. What is the future of financial modeling and valuation?
This has a vast scope in the future as traditional accounting is taking a back seat and the companies require certified people who use the historic data to accurately predict the future market trends. Every new startup, medium business, and big business requires a financial modeler to make strategic decisions for the future. Hence the requirement for modelers is growing at a fast pace.
5. I am a banker. Should I do this course?
This course is a great course for bankers to upgrade their skills. Most of these courses provide you with a deeper understanding of finance and its relation to the financial models that are used to predict marketing trends. Accurate presumptions will be very beneficial to your client’s investments. I would recommend you to do this certificate course.
With many courses being offered online, the interested candidates have many options to do financial modeling courses in Pune. Online education has empowered the students with many options to choose from. The candidates can do these courses at their pace and keep upgrading their skills. I hope the article has given answers to your choirs regarding this subject. Practice is the key to success in this field, the more you practice the better you get. These courses give you a structured way of learning as having a mentor is important, so choose from the many options available to give yourself the skill that you wish to acquire. Hope my list of top financial modeling courses in Pune is of help to students looking forward to doing this course.