Digital marketing, also known as online marketing, is a subset of marketing that is done through the internet and other digital media. Businesses that leverage digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, emails, text messages, etc. are said to be doing digital marketing. Consumers today rely heavily on digital means to research a product. This article will introduce you to the basic concepts of digital marketing and will also help you uncover the best 5 digital marketing courses in Adelaide.
Considering the impact of digital marketing in the present times, it becomes imperative to study the fundamentals of digital marketing strategies for not only the marketing purpose but also for the overall success of the business.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing refers to the component of marketing which is carried through an online or digital platform. Considering the familiarity and the use of the internet, digital marketing is now an essential part of any business. It not only helps in the marketing of the products and services but also helps in the retention aspect of customers.
Digital marketing makes use of the platforms such as search engines, websites, social media, emails, mobile apps, text messaging, web-based advertisements, etc. According to the research by Hubspot, about 77% of the customers engage in online research about a brand before engaging with it.
Digital marketers use a variety of tactics and channels to connect with their target audience. They use various marketing campaigns and strategies within their budget to increase their brand awareness, engaging with customers or tempting them to make a purchase.
What is the Importance of Digital Marketing?
Before searching for Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide, let’s consider the importance of digital marketing and why it’s considered an essential part of marketing today. By implementing a strong Omni channel digital marketing strategy, marketers are able to collect valuable insights into audience behavior.
It also helps in envisaging the possibility of new methods of customer engagement. Additionally, it also helps in the retention rate of the company. According to the report by Invesp, companies that use a strong Omni channel customer engagement strategy retain an average of 89% of their customers.
Whereas, weak Omni channel programs have a retention rate of only 33%. The rise in the variety of wearable devices available to consumers presents digital marketers the new ways and opportunities to market to them.
Types of Digital Marketing
Some important types of digital marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is the process of optimizing your websites or your pages such that it appears at the top of the search engine results page. This helps in increasing the amount of organic (free) traffic your website receives. SEO techniques involve using certain keywords and phrases to rank better on the search engine’s page. Strong SEO strategies are very important in digital marketing campaigns as visibility is the first step towards lasting customer relationships.
- Content Marketing: This term refers to the creation and distribution of various types of marketing content for brand awareness, lead generation, and retention of customers. Effective content marketing strategies are not outwardly promotional. But rather it helps to educate and inform customers looking for relevant information. Some of the important content marketing channels are Blogs, EBooks, Infographics, videos, and podcasts.
- Social Media Marketing: With the popularity of social media in today’s times, all the leading brands use various social media platforms to highlight their products and also to engage with customers. Some marketers create viral campaigns that are trending now to resonate with a wide audience. By using your social media properly and effectively, you encourage and inspire your audience to share the content thus increasing the reach of your promotions even more.
- Email Marketing: Emails are still the quickest and the most direct way to reach the audience with useful information. To succeed, your marketing emails should be trustworthy, relevant, conversational, and strategic. Timing and scheduling are also important otherwise you may run the risk of getting unsubscribed.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): PPC is a technique that involves paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. One of the most frequently used PPC is google ads, which allow you to get ranked in the top slots of googles search results page. Some other channels which use PPC are paid ads on Facebook, Twitter ads campaigns, etc.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is a type of marketing where you receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products and services through your websites or blogs. This is a part of influencer marketing strategies, where you use influencers to help you market your products.
- Instant Messaging Marketing: Instant message marketing is a fast and direct way to reach potential leads. It is an easy way to let your audience know about new products, flash sales, or updates about their orders. You can use SMS, WhatsApp, or Facebook messenger to send messages to your audience.
By choosing to do Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide, you will be able to learn the above-mentioned subsets of digital marketing in more detail.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
Before planning for Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide, let’s see its advantages over the traditional forms of marketing. Digital Marketing is more efficient than traditional marketing as it lets you reach a wider audience, learn important information about them and target the audience who are more likely to buy your products or services. It is also more cost-efficient than traditional marketing and enables you to measure the performance of your marketing strategies. Given below are some of the main benefits of digital marketing:
1. Get to Know Your Audience
Digital marketing lets you know more about your audience. Thus you can focus on the audience who are more likely to purchase your product or services. For instance, you can take advantage of social media’s targeting features to show ads to a certain audience based on factors like age, gender, interests, location, and behaviors.
Alternatively, you can also use Pay Per Click (PPC) or Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies to serve ads to the audience who have shown interest in your products or services. Ultimately, digital marketing enables you to do the necessary research, so that you become more knowledgeable about the type of audience that is more interested in your products.
2. More Cost-effective Than Traditional Marketing Methods
Digital marketing enables you to track and measure the success of your campaigns. So you can increase or decrease the amount of money you spend on a particular medium. For example, rather than allotting more money to PPC campaigns, you decide to increase the budget of the social media marketing campaigns as it is proving more beneficial to you. The same can’t be said for the traditional forms of marketing like a billboard which will cost you the same even if it doesn’t help you in any conversion.
3. Digital Marketing is Measurable
Digital marketing can give you complete information regarding many important metrics like impressions, views, clicks, shares, and the time on a page. All these metrics provide very important information about the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
In the traditional marketing world, it is not possible to the insights into your marketing campaigns. Consider an example of a newspaper advertisement, it is very difficult to estimate how many people actually viewed that advertisement or made any purchase because of that particular advertisement.
4. Digital Marketing is Adaptable
Usually, a lot of effort and time goes into a marketing strategy, and sometimes things do not always go according to plan. In digital marketing, we can adapt or adjust our marketing strategies at regular intervals such as weeks or months if we do not see expected results in real-time. Being able to manage your marketing strategy along the way is highly beneficial than starting all over again.
5. Digital Marketing Helps in Improving the Conversion Rate
As digital marketing provides easy and efficient ways to measure your marketing campaigns, this helps in improving your conversion as well. By measuring the effectiveness of each tactic, you can develop improved marketing campaigns. Additionally, all leads may not offer the same value for your business. Digital marketing provides you the means by which you can target specific audiences who are more likely to become customers.
6. It is Cheaper Than Traditional Marketing
Digital marketing is cheaper than traditional marketing. For example, you can create a slick website for a relatively small cost, by using one of the templated systems. You can create social media accounts for free and also partner with an email newsletter provider at a competitive price. Thus digital marketing is a cost-effective solution even for the smallest of businesses.
7. It Lets You Engage With Your Audience
Digital marketing lets you engage with your audience as early as possible. Online channels allow you to track the entire buying journey of your customers. Understanding this journey is important for converting leads.
You may also find Digital Marketing Courses in New Zealand Useful
Reasons to Study Digital Marketing
Before planning to enroll in any Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide, let’s consider the reasons to study digital marketing in terms of skill development and career opportunities. Here we will look into some of the reasons:
1. Easy to Get into the Field
The digital marketing field has a very reasonable barrier to entry. Various entry-level positions may not require you to have very extensive knowledge in the field to start working. So graduates with limited experience in the field can find it easy to get job opportunities.
2. Multiple Career Options and Valuable Skill Development
Digital marketing offers a wide array of career options for professionals. There are numerous specializations available when pursuing a career in this field. For example, according to your interests, you can choose to enter the field of content creation, social media management, SEO, copywriting, or digital communications.
Studying digital marketing also helps you in developing a wide array of skills. You can develop your skills in SEO, research, data analysis, social media, graphic designing, content creation, copywriting, etc. By developing your skills in this field, you can easily move from entry-level positions to more advanced supervisory roles.
3. Career Advancements
Digital marketing is an expanding industry. Therefore, by developing your skills you can easily move from entry-level positions to more advanced supervisory roles.
4. Salary Potential
Professionals working in Digital marketing often earn high salaries as compared to their counterparts in other industries. Therefore, entering this field can help you in increasing your overall earning potential.
5. Industry Growth
The digital marketing industry is experiencing significant growth. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, professionals in the field of advertising, marketing, and promotions which encompasses the digital marketing field may experience a 10% growth in employment between 2020 and 2030. Therefore, by studying digital marketing you may be able to enjoy relative job security throughout your career.
Job Profiles in Digital Marketing
As discussed above, there is a wide array of job roles available in the field of digital marketing. By doing Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide, you can get into the below-mentioned roles:
1. SEO Specialist
The job of the SEO specialist is to improve the ranking of particular content on a search engine. Their primary goal is to boost traffic to certain websites by ensuring that they rank high on the search results page.
2. Social Media Manager
The job of a social media manager is to oversee content strategies via various social platforms. They plan, create, and post social media content as part of their job. Their primary goal is to engage the target audience, build online communities, and raise brand awareness.
3. Content Managers
The responsibility of content managers is to supervise the planning, development, creation, and distribution of content. In addition, they may be responsible for supervising other teams such as writers, editors, and designers.
4. Digital Strategist
The primary job of a digital strategist is to develop engaging content relevant to the business objectives. They are responsible for planning and developing effective marketing campaigns. They are also responsible for collecting and analyzing the data to evaluate the success of marketing campaigns.
5. Email Marketing Specialist
The main responsibility of email marketing specialists is to build email lists, create emails, send out newsletters, and more to increase brand awareness. Some of their responsibilities include sending clear and precise communication emails, ensuring the design and layouts are optimized and mobile-friendly, maintaining the email database for future campaigns, following up on emails, etc.
Also Read: Digital Marketing Courses in the UK
Now, Let’s Take a Look at the 5 Best Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the largest online educational institutions with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. IIM SKILLS is known for providing professional, skill-oriented training programs for students, and working professionals to enhance their skills and career advancement. Their course is apt for anyone who is trying to learn digital marketing courses in Adelaide.
The Main Features of Their Digital Marketing Course Are:
- They provide 5 months of Instructor-led comprehensive live training
- Learn 40 digital marketing modules
- Teaching through complete hands-on training, with assignments each week
- Course duration 3 months with 2 months of paid Internship (flexible hours)
- Work on 15+ Live projects and 10+ Case Studies
- About 300 Placement Partners
- Personalized mentorship for career and business
- Support for launching your digital marketing agency
- Letter of recommendation and certificate
- Course material recognized and aligned with Google, Meta, Hubspot, MSME
- Recognized by the Government of India
A Snapshot of Their Course Curriculum is Given Below:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Web Development at WordPress
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Online Reputation Management
- Integrated Digital Marketing Strategy
Also Read: IIM Skills Digital Marketing Course Review
2. Australian Academy of Digital Marketing
Australian Academy of Digital Marketing provides an in-depth program in digital marketing in Australia. You can take their course through three different options, Home study, Live online classes, and In-Person Classes. They all provide you with the same learning modules.
Those interested in doing digital marketing courses in Adelaide may consider their program. They offer their course in three levels, Certificate, Advanced Certificate, and Postgraduate certificate. The main features of their different programs are:
5 practical assignments and topics covered are Evolution of Digital Marketing, Inbound and Social Media Marketing
Advanced Certificate Program
10 practical assignments and topics covered includes Evolution of Digital Marketing, Inbound and Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Digital marketing channels, and Website design and user experience (UX).
Postgraduate Certificate Program
15 practical assignments and topics covered are: Evolution of Digital Marketing, Inbound and Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Digital marketing channels, Website design and user experience (UX), Analytics & performance management, social media advertising, digital strategy & practice.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Bangladesh
3. Ironwood Institute
Ironwood Institute is an international education provider. Ironwood has strong connections with industry and higher educational institutions in Australia. Their training courses can help you in getting a job or advancing your skillset to move further in your career. They offer a Diploma in Social Media Marketing and an Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Communication for students interested in studying digital marketing courses in Adelaide.
These courses focus on technical marketing skills such as developing advertising campaigns and transferable skills like managing finance and budgeting skills.
Key Features of Their Diploma in Social Media Marketing Program is:
- The duration of the course is 52 weeks (1 year)
- Each term is approximately 10 weeks long. So you will get a full-time study of 40 weeks with a break period of 12 weeks between 4 terms.
- Per week study is scheduled for 16 hours
- Classes are held from 9 am to 5 pm for two full days, per week
- Additional 14 hours of scheduled self-study per week
Some of the Details of Their Curriculum Are Mentioned Below:
- Reviewing and evaluating existing marketing strategies and their applicability to social media.
- Understanding the benefits of each social media platform and its usability to benefit the organization.
- Engaging with stakeholders and developing social media campaign strategies for these individuals.
- Writing and developing content for digital publication per the organization’s brand identity and marketing objectives.
Please visit their website to get more detailed information about their courses and their Curriculum.
Zeolearn is an online learning platform that focuses mainly on IT and Marketing courses. You will get a chance to learn from industry experts and also build your portfolio. Those looking to do digital marketing courses in Adelaide can also consider this course.
The Main Highlights of Their Digital Marketing Course Are:
- Get 30 hours of instructor-led training sessions
- Immersive hands-on learning
- Learn how to design, strategize, and execute marketing campaigns
- Learn advanced concepts of PPC, Web Analytics, PPC, SEO, and Social Media to implement effective marketing strategies
- SEO Strategies for promotion of Websites
- Implementing learned techniques for future projects
Their Course Curriculum is Divided Into 9 Modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Module 2: Main components of Digital Marketing
- Module 3: Digital strategy and planning
- Module 4: Search Engine Optimization
- Module 5: Social Media Marketing
- Module 6: Mobile Marketing
- Module 7: Email Marketing
- Module 8: Web Analytics
- Module 9: Pay Per Click (PPC)
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Ghana
5. Kandra Professionals
Kandra professionals is an online educational and technology platform that connects learners to industry specialists and training companies so that they can upskill and acquire needed skills to reach their career goals. Their digital marketing training program is divided into two paths, one a regular course and the other called Pro Marketer Bootcamp for more intensive and career-focused learning. Kandra Professionals is also a good choice for anyone interested in learning digital marketing courses in Adelaide.
The Main Features of Their Digital Marketing Course Are:
- 100% live and interactive sessions
- Industry expert faculty
- Flexible learning program
- Tool based learning
- 360 degrees, 24/7 support
- Work on real-world projects
- Job assurance and paid internship for their Pro marketer program
Their Course Content Includes the Following Topics:
- Introduction to Marketing
- Types of Marketing
- Difference between online and offline Marketing
- Nature of Marketing
- Marketing Channels
- Digital Marketing
- Website and Content
- Identifying potential customers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Digital Marketing a good career?
Ans: Digital Marketing is a good career due to its soaring demand over the past few years. Almost all businesses today engage in online marketing to maximize their profits so this is a career in demand.
Q2. What is the qualification needed for doing Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide?
Ans: There are no specific requirements or skill sets needed to do a digital marketing course. You can enroll in the course after your class 12th or a degree.
Q3. What are some of the job roles for Digital Marketers?
Ans: Some of the common job roles for digital marketers are: content managers, digital strategists, SEO specialists, social media managers, E-Mail marketing specialists, etc.
Q4. Should I enroll in Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide?
Ans: Considering the heavy demand, high salary, and the predicted growth of the industry, it’s a good choice to enroll in Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide.
In today’s age of Internet and Digitisation, all types of businesses are focusing on developing a strong online presence. So the role of a digital marketer is becoming indispensable in the current market. Also considering its salary and demand for skilled professionals, it will be a very good choice to enroll in Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide.