Data analytics helps businesses understand their customers, improve their content and advertisements, and develop products and services that will generate more revenue. If you want to learn more about how data-driven decisions are taken and how data is analyzed to uncover hidden patterns, give insights and find correlations, then follow along to read more about the best data analytics courses in Kochi, their curriculum, teaching mode, and cost.
Every year we are generating more and more data. We have an abundance of data at our disposal but just having raw data is of no use to businesses, we need knowledge from that data. To extract knowledge from data, we need some tools and processes; this is where data analytics comes in.
What We’ll Cover:
What is data analytics?
What are the 4 types of data analytics?
What are the skills required in data analytics?
What does a data analyst do?
Data Analytics vs Data Science vs Data Engineering
Top 5 data analytics courses in Kochi
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is the technique of analyzing data to gain valuable insights and uncover hidden patterns that enhance productivity and business gain. Data is gathered from several sources and is categorized to analyze different behavioral patterns. To further define data analytics, it is the process of collecting, inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data to discover useful information, support decision-making, and suggest conclusions.
As we mentioned before, data is everywhere, so it has an infinite amount of uses across all kinds of businesses and organizations. In general, data analytics is used to make better and faster business decisions to develop new and innovative products and reduce overall business costs.
However, if we were to look more closely in the real world then we’d find that data analytics might be used for security purposes to help protect against fraud, to predict future sales or purchasing behaviors, to boost customer acquisition and retention, to analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, or to increase the supply chain efficiency.
We have an overview of what data analytics is, so now let’s look a brief look at the process one would take to perform data analytics when approaching a new project. You’ll learn this process in detail when you enroll in one of the data analysis courses in Kochi.
- Define The Problem – Why you are conducting the analysis, what is the problem statement, what is your hypothesis, what data will you need, and what data sources?
- Collect The Data – The data might be available from various sources: primary sources are internal data that the company already has such as email marketing tools, and CRM software and secondary sources are external sources such as data from government portals, and international organizations such as WHO.
- Clean The Data – After gathering data, you have to prepare it for analysis by identifying anomalies, removing duplicates, and accounting for missing data so that the data doesn’t seem distorted and is interpreted correctly.
- Analyze The Data – This step depends on the question you want to answer and the kind of data you have collected. There are many data analysis techniques such as regression analysis, time series analysis, regression analysis, etc. that you can use.
- Interpret and Present The Results – A visual representation of the results from the data analysis is presented to others such as charts or graphs that will show valuable business insights, limitations of the data, and what further analysis you are to conduct if any.
What Are The 4 Types of Data Analytics?
Data analytics typically falls into 4 categories irrespective of the types of data you are using or the kind of analysis you want to perform. You’ll learn about these in detail when you enroll in one of the data analytics courses in Kochi, but let’s take a quick look at each of them here.
- Descriptive Analytics
Descriptive analytics answers the questions of what has happened in the past and what is currently happening. It looks at real-time data as well as past data and analyses the cause of success or failure and how to approach the future. Descriptive analytics might be used for summarizing marketing campaigns’ performance, understanding customer engagement on social media, reporting general trends, and collating survey results.
- Diagnostic Analytics
Diagnostic analytics gives the answers to the WHY questions. Why are these patterns and trends happening? Using diagnostic analytics businesses can understand the causes behind the patterns observed in the data. It helps analyze the root cause of an event to gain better outcomes and improve performance.
Businesses might use diagnostic analytics to understand the cause of the popularity of a certain product, a sudden increase in expenses or decline in revenue, bottlenecks in distribution or production, or an increase in employee turnover.
- Predictive Analytics
Predictive analytics is all about the future. It answers the question of what is likely to happen. Predictive analytics uses historical data to predict patterns and trends that will occur in the future. Since predicting the future gives businesses a competitive edge over others, big companies like Amazon and Netflix use it in their marketing strategy.
Businesses regularly use predictive analytics through business intelligence and machine learning in fraud detection, predictive customer behavior, content recommendations, healthcare diagnosis, virtual assistance, and equipment maintenance.
- Prescriptive Analytics
Does prescriptive analytics create a whole picture by answering what needs to be done? After considering everything, prescriptive analytics will suggest solutions that will provide the desired outcome. It used artificial intelligence, a subset of machine learning to aid in decision-making based on statistical data patterns and relationships.
Businesses often use prescriptive analytics to optimize marketing campaigns; improve customer outreach, how to price products, better route planning for delivery, and manage risk and profitability in financial ventures.
What Are The Skills Required in Data Analytics?
To become successful in the data analytics field, you’ll find that most of the data analytics courses in Kochi teach you the following 8 skills.
- Excel – Microsoft Excel is widely used in the industry for data analysis as it is perfect for small datasets. You will be required to know excel formulae, VBA charting, pivot tables, and different transpose techniques.
- SQL – SQL or structured query language is used to run queries on databases to fetch data, and perform different operations with the data during data collection and data exploration.
- Power BI/ Tableau – You should know at least one of these visualization tools. These tools allow you to connect with the data sources and pull that data to build a lot of useful and interactive dashboards.
- Communication and Presentation Skills – As a data analyst, you’ll often interact with engineering groups, business managers, and different stakeholders. You’ll be required to gather and communicate the requirements effectively and offer creative solutions.
- Domain Knowledge – Having domain knowledge is extremely crucial for example if you have a degree in finance, retail, or commerce you can leverage this to perform data analytics in that particular field.
- Python/ R – The two most popular programming languages used in data analytics are python and R to perform computations. If you are just starting python is recommended as it is easy to learn.
- Math & Statistics – To understand the data distribution, you’ll need to know what standard deviation, normal distribution, is or how to remove outliers. You should know the basics of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics.
- Problem-solving – A general skill that you need to work on so that you can offer solutions to all kinds of problems.
What Does a Data Analyst Do?
Let’s take a look at the qualifications, job descriptions, skills, and salary that you’ll earn as a data analyst after studying data analytics courses in Kochi.
Data Analytics Job Description
- Define the problem by understanding the client’s needs
- Collect the data from different sources and perform the extraction, transformation, and loading of the data
- Clean the data to normalize and standardize it so that it is usable in the later steps and perform data validation to make sure it looks how it’s supposed to.
- Set up your data for visualization and reports by creating views and using SQL or tools like tableau and make sure it solves the problem that you intended to solve.
- Data analytics jobs often do not always have a minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in fields like computer science, mathematics, statistics, or finance.
- A master’s degree may be required for some job positions.
- Tableau/Power BI
- Data modeling
- Entry level: $45,000 – $60,000
- Mid-level: $65,000 – $85,000
- Senior level: $85,000 – $110,000
Also, check the other best courses in Kochi
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Kochi
- GST Certification Courses in Kochi
- Digital Marketing Courses in Kochi
- Technical Writing Courses in Kochi
- Content Writing Courses in Kochi
- SEO Courses in Kochi
Data Analytics vs Data Science vs Data Engineering
In the industry, you’ll often hear data analytics, data science and data engineering mentioned together and used interchangeably. While these fields may have some things in common, there are big differences when it comes to their job descriptions.
Data analysts have been around for quite some time now, so this job title is more common and frequently occurring than the other two. Data analysts draw insights from and answer questions with data using their scripting and SQL skills to extract and wrangle data, their statistics and analytics skills to understand what the data is conveying, and using their storytelling skills they present their findings in a way that is understandable and fulfills the requirements of the end customer.
As long as there is data available, data analysts can be found working everywhere from small to big companies, from businesses to research projects. To learn more about data analytics, register for one of the data analysis courses in Kochi mentioned below.
A data scientist is in between the spectrum of data analyst and data engineer. They take components from both of these roles and combine them with their machine-learning skills. Similar to data analysts, data scientists also extract, wrangle, and make decisions using data but they also work with machine learning models.
A data scientist might build a machine learning model from scratch, perform research in machine learning or work with deep learning. Data scientists are expected to have a more advanced academic background, as well as knowledge about cloud computing, distributed systems, and writing efficient codes. This computer science part is the overlap they have with data engineers.
A data engineer has the most consistent and well-defined role of the three. Data engineers are a specific subset of software engineers who build and maintain data systems and data infrastructure. They set up databases, data pipelines, and data warehouses that the data analysts and data scientists use to access and work with the data. Data engineers will know about databases, a variety of programming languages and frameworks, and big data tools.
Recommended Readd: Data Analytics Courses in Chennai
Top 5 Data Analytics Courses in Kochi
There are so many options for data analysis courses in Kochi but we have narrowed down and curated a list of the 5 best courses based on their curriculum, reviews, mode of teaching, student assistance, and real-world examples.
1. Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
This professional certificate is offered on Coursera and is the best of the data analytics courses in Kochi due to its comprehensive curriculum designed for complete beginners as well as professionals who want to polish their skills. With 7 courses and a capstone project, you’ll learn everything there is to know about data analytics.
The courses are taught by Google employees who have a strong foundation in data analytics. Upon completion of the certificate, you can apply to companies such as Walmart, Best Buy, and Google itself.
- Introduction to the world of data analytics, understanding the processes used by a junior data analyst, getting an overview of key analytical skills, exploring job opportunities, and conducting a self-assessment that uses analytical thinking.
- Learn how to make data-driven decisions through effective questioning techniques, how to present data findings, discover the importance of spreadsheets in data analytics, and learn how to manage stakeholders’ expectations and how to establish effective communication with the team members.
- Prepare data for exploration by deciding on which data to collect, types of data, how to account for bias in data, examine open data and understand the importance of data privacy and data ethics, and learning how to extract, sort, filter, and access data from databases and how to keep the data secure and organized.
- Clean the data through various techniques such as checking for data integrity, using excel for cleaning, verifying the results of the cleaning, and creating data cleaning reports.
- Analyze the data and uncover answers by organizing the data for analysis, adjusting and formatting the data, aggregating the data in spreadsheets and SQL, and performing calculations using excel and SQL functions.
- Share the results using visualization tools by forming compelling data stories, constructing dashboards in Tableau, creating effective presentations, and also understanding the limitations associated with the data used in your presentation.
- Learn R programming to perform data analysis, understand RStudio, explore the basics of R programming framework, explore R packages such as Tidyverse, gain an understanding of what and how data frames are used in R, discover how to generate visualizations in R, and learn about using markdown for documentation in R.
- Choose an analytics-based scenario for the capstone case study and discover how it can be a part of job interviews. Perform the complete data analytics cycle on the case study to complete the project.
Certificate: Complete and pass the quizzes and exercises at the end of each section to earn the certificate.
Time to complete: At 10 hours/week approximately 6 months
Teaching mode: Self-paced, online
Reviews: 4.8/5 (76k)
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Kolkata
2. IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate
The next course on the list of data analytics courses in Kochi is also offered on Coursera by IBM. Learn the core principles of data analysis covered by 9 courses by working with different data sources, data analytics tools such as Excel, SQL, Jupyter notebooks, Python, and Cognos analytics, project scenarios, practical skills for data manipulation, and various analytical techniques.
You can get started with a basic knowledge of computers, high school math, willingness to learn, and comfort in working with numbers. Be ready to start your career as a junior data analyst with a job-worthy portfolio.
- General introduction to data analytics, the role of a data analyst, data ecosystem, fundamentals of data gathering, and data mining.
- Excel basics, loading data into spreadsheets from multiple formats, data wrangling and cleaning, filtering, sorting, and pivot tables.
- Visualization using Excel and Cognos by creating charts and graphs, designing dashboards in a cloud platform, and improving your skills in constructing intermediate-level data visualizations.
- Go from zero to programming in Python by learning Python fundamentals, data structures, and data analysis, creating basic programs, solve real-world problems.
- Work on a hands-on project to demonstrate your Python knowledge by creating a simple dashboard in Python.
- Learn SQL, and relational database concepts, create database instances in the cloud, and access databases from Jupyter notebooks using Python and SQL.
- Analyze data using Python, explore different types of data, import datasets, clean and manipulate data frames, summarize the data, build regression models, and build data pipelines. Moreover, learn about data analysis libraries such as Panda and NumPy.
- Learn how to perform data visualization in Python using libraries such as Folium, Seaborn, and Matplotlib.
- In the capstone project, you’ll apply the previously taught data analytics skills to solve a business challenge using real-world data sets. After performing the data analysis cycle on the project, you’ll present your findings in the form of a data analysis report with an executive summary for the stakeholders.
Certificate: Complete and pass the projects as well as the graded assignments at the end of each section to earn the certificate.
Time to complete: At 79 hours/week approximately 10 months
Teaching mode: Self-paced, online
Reviews: 4.6/5 (9k)
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Dehradun
3. Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree
The next on the list of data analytics courses in Kochi is this Nanodegree by Udacity. This course is an intermediate-level course as it requires you have a basic knowledge of SQL and Python. On the completion of the course, you’ll learn to prepare and manipulate data for analysis, work with complex datasets, and create visualizations for exploring data.
Lastly, you’ll learn how to tell a story with data using your data skills. The course provides quality content in collaboration with Kaggle and real-world projects to master your tech skills. You will also get career services through GitHub portfolio review and optimization of your LinkedIn profile.
Not only this, you’ll be a part of a student community that shares the same interests and career plans as you and you’ll get technical mentor support throughout the course.
- Learn the process of data analysis which is wrangling, data exploration, data analysis, and data communication. Use Python libraries such as Pandas and NumPy to work with data. Get to investigate a dataset and explore weather trends.
- Learn statistics used in data analysis, and understand how to apply probability and inferential statistics to real-world scenarios such as building supervised learning models and analyzing A/B tests.
- Learn the process of data wrangling which is collecting, examining, and cleaning the data. Wrangle and analyze data using Python.
- Communicate data findings through visualization principles and explore data visually to create a compelling story and find insights at multiple levels.
Certificate: Complete the 5 projects and get a passing from the faculty to obtain the certificate.
Time to complete: At 10 hours/ week around 4 months
Teaching mode: Self-paced, online
Reviews: 4.6/5 (3.5K)
4. Udemy Complete Data Analyst Bootcamp
Udemy provides this data analyst Bootcamp included in the data analytics courses in Kochi. Get completely prepared to start a career in data analytics by filling up a resume with in-demand skills: data preparation, data collection, preprocessing data, data cleaning, data visualization, Python programming, different data types, statistics, etc. With no prior experience required, anyone can enroll in this course and start learning the fundamentals of data analytics.
- Introduction to who a data analyst is, their job roles, and how they create value for the organization they will work in.
- Understand the basics of Python and its rich libraries
- Get introduced to advanced topics in Python, working with text data, anonymous functions, and list comprehension.
- Work with the Python library NumPy which is used for scientific computations to compute statistical and mathematical operations. Additionally, work with in-built functions and multi-dimension arrays.
- For data manipulation and analysis using the Panda library in Python. Learn to manipulate all kinds of data – time series, text, and numerical tables.
- Learn to work with text files in Python and how to convert a raw dataset from an external file to a meaningful format in Python.
- Understand how to retrieve data from an API.
- Apply the pandas’ skills to clean the data.
- Choose the right tools for data preprocessing using pandas and NumPy techniques to improve the quality of your dataset.
- Use your data to produce meaningful stories through data charts and graphs.
- Get a walkthrough of a comprehensive project that covers all the previously taught skills.
Certificate: Complete all the videos to earn the certificate.
Time to complete: 20h 55m
Teaching mode: Self-paced, online
Reviews: 4.6/5 (5.2K)
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Visakhapatnam
5. Datacamp Data Analyst with R
The next in the list of data analysis courses in Kochi is this course that teaches data analytics using the R programming language. You’ll learn how to import, manipulate, clean and visualize data in R without any prior knowledge requirements. Get familiar with some of the most popular packages in R such as ggplotlib, tidyverse, readr, and dplyr. Learn statistical skills and work with real-world datasets in this track of 9 courses.
- Basics of R such as lists, vectors, data frames, and practice working in R with real-world datasets.
- Using tidyverse learn data visualization and exploration.
- Using dplyr learn to manipulate and transform data in R.
- Combine data across multiple tables using dplyr.
- Learn how to collect, analyze and gain insights using the statistical tools in R.
- Understand the importance of graphics and create visualizations using ggplotlib in R.
- Using numerical and graphical techniques perform exploratory data analysis in R.
- Get better statistics using fewer data by mastering sampling in R.
- Understand common hypothesis testing such as proportion tests, t-tests, and chi-square tests.
Certificate: Take the data analyst certification assessment after this course and complete a range of timed online tasks.
Time to complete: 36 hours
Teaching mode: Self-paced, online
Reviews: Not available
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I study data analytics courses in Kochi?
To have a rewarding career in data analytics and learn all the skills of data collection, manipulation, preprocessing, exploration, analysis, and visualization as well as Excel, SQL, R/Python, and tools such as Tableau/Power BI, you should enroll in one of the data analysis courses in Kochi.
2. What differentiates the data analytics courses in Kochi mentioned in this article from other courses online?
The list of data analysis courses in Kochi that we have curated has the most comprehensive syllabus, has real-world examples, provides placement support, and covers all the important skills required in data analytics.
3. Can I enroll in these data analytics courses from anywhere in the world?
Yes, since all the courses in the list of data analytics courses in Kochi are online, you can access them from anywhere in the world at any time.
4. Do I need to have a computer science degree for working as a data analyst?
A computer science degree is not compulsory for a career in data analytics as you need to know only one programming language either R/Python which can be self-taught.
In this article, we have given you just all the information required to understand the importance of data analytics, what a career in data analytics will entail for you, what your job description will look like, and most importantly what are some of the best data analytics courses in Kochi that you can register for and learn data analytics.
Data analytics is very important for businesses if they want to gain an edge over others as it can give insights into how their future sales are predicted to work, what kind of marketing campaigns to pursue, and how to cut losses and increase revenue. You can better understand your customer’s needs and solve potential problems.
The advantages of data analytics are too good to miss out on so it is no doubt said that if you are planning to start a career in data analytics you are on the right path and you can strengthen your skills by studying one of the data analysis courses in Kochi.