Do you want to dabble in data analytics? Check out the top data analyst course free online from the list that we hand-picked for you. There is a severe shortage of digital skills. Data analytics, in particular, is one of the most in-demand skills among businesses today. While conventional data scientists with in-depth knowledge are still in high demand, there is a rising need for professionals with a comprehensive understanding of data analytics concepts, regardless of their position.
Data analytics is quickly becoming an essential 21st-century skill. A free online quick course is a perfect way to get started if you want to specialize in data analytics or just future-proof your profession. This post will cover everything you need to know to select a data analyst course free online.
What is Data Analytics?
Whenever you open an app, purchase something at the store, take a survey, or type in a CAPTCHA to sign into your email, you generate data that corporations and organizations gather. As you can guess, massive amounts of data are collected daily simply from these actions. For the vast majority of the data, around 99.5%, they do nothing. But what about the other 0.5%? That goes into a data analytics process.
Data analysts in data analytics work to derive relevant insights from vast amounts of raw data supplied to them. Businesses and organizations may use their predictive potential to make more educated business decisions. Businesses may use data analytics to address the following questions: What happened in the past? What is going on now? And what may occur in the future?
What is the Data Analytics Process?
Data analysis follows a strict step-by-step procedure. Each step needs a unique set of skills and knowledge. To gain useful insights, however, it is essential to understand the entire process. Choose a data analyst course free online to understand the process. The major steps are:
- Define the Objective: The first stage in data analysis is establishing your goal. This is frequently referred to as the ‘problem statement’ in data analytics parlance.
- Data Collection: After you’ve determined your goal, you’ll need to devise a plan for gathering and aggregating the necessary data. A critical component of this is identifying the data you require. This might include quantitative (numerical) data, such as sales numbers, or qualitative info, such as customer feedback.
- Data Cleanup: After you’ve gathered your data, the following step is to prepare it for analysis. This involves cleaning, as it’s critical to ensure that you deal with high-quality data.
- Data Analysis: You’ve finally cleaned up your information. Now comes the fun part: analyzing it! Your purpose primarily determines the kind of data analysis you perform. However, there are several ways available. Some examples are univariate or bivariate analysis, regression analysis, and time-series analysis.
- Data Sharing: You’ve completed your research. You’ve got your ideas. The next phase in the data analytics process is to communicate these insights with the rest of the world or, at the very least, with the stakeholders in your business. This step is more complicated than simply sharing the raw findings of your work; it involves data analysis and presenting it in a way that all types of audiences can absorb.
Choosing the right data analyst course free online will ensure a better understanding of the data analysis process.
What Makes Data Analytics Hot?
Analytics is trendy and is propelling organizations to greater productivity. Businesses look for competent workers that can extract insights from massive datasets using specific data mining tools and processes to assure better outcomes. The potential and scope of data analytics in India are currently at their peak. The following are some of the most compelling reasons to pursue a profession in data analytics.
Data Generation is on the Rise Worldwide:
The massive amount of data collected every minute is the most obvious reason to choose a career in analytics. This huge amount of information is critical for businesses to uncover new market possibilities and increase efficiency. According to Statista, the global data generation prediction for 2020 is 59 zettabytes, with the potential for greater growth in the future. The internet of things (IoT) contributes primarily to data traffic, as seen by the numbers. Global IoT connections generated 13.6 zettabytes of data volume in 2019, which is expected to rise to 79 zettabytes by 2025.
All Firms Put a High Priority on Data Analytics:
Businesses of all sizes are transforming into virtual platforms. As a result, big data adoption is every enterprise’s top priority, producing possibilities in telecommunications, healthcare, banking and insurance, and other areas. The transformation has resulted in better B2B market interactions, marketing, and synchronized operations and manufacturing. The rapidly evolving data and its positive effects on the world brighten the future of big data analytics.
There is a Lack of a Competent Workforce:
Although the market for data analytics job profiles is expanding, there is a big gap between the number of competent players and current data analysts. The major difficulty that business analytics faces is a shortage of individuals with analytical and statistical skills that may be used to create and harness data lakes. So, without further delay, get enrolled in a data analyst course free online.
Plenty of Job Opportunities Across Sectors:
The big data analytics framework includes broader fields and offers technical and non-technical business analyst roles to promote organizational development. There are several key employment options available after learning big data analytics.
What’s the Difference Between a Paid and Free Data Analytics Course?
Aspirants are often confused when determining the difference between free and paid courses. As a result, students make poor choices on their route to a job in data science. Creating and reviewing a study plan is critical for candidates who want to accelerate their learning process and find a job soon. While free data science courses provide an overview of the field, they do not provide the additional benefits that come with premium editions of the same course. I’ll outline the distinction between paid and free courses to help you make informed choices.
Mentorship: In-person coaching is the most crucial aspect of paid courses for applicants who cannot find solutions or want advice on implementing best practices for professional growth. Mentors in paid courses come from various disciplines, including industrial, academic, and more.
This helps students to obtain new viewpoints and allows them to have their questions answered. While mentoring approaches vary, it always helps to have someone you can turn to for answers.
Peer Support: Those who enroll in the premium courses benefit from networking with other students taking the same programs. This allows them to help one another and overcome technical obstacles while studying. On the other hand, the aspirant who picks a data analyst course free online is on their own, and often, their best hope is StackOverflow.
Although the peer group is beneficial, the difference is small because other students acquire the same skills for the first time. As a result, they may not have answers to all of your questions. Instead, being proficient in finding solutions on StackOverflow will be critical as you learn to understand other scripts and apply them by altering them to meet your needs.
Course Length: Free online data analytics courses are usually, but not always, significantly shorter. They often range in length from a few hours to a few days. Anything higher than that, you’ve entered the realm of paid programs. Courses in this situation might take anything from a week to many months to finish, depending on the complexity of the topic.
Job Support: Another advantage of taking paid courses is the potential to get a job. Frequently, course providers work with numerous organizations and hold job fairs just for students enrolled in premium courses. Furthermore, certain educational platforms send resumes to the firms with whom they are affiliated.
Must check the most trusted Data Analytics Courses in India
What Features Should Your Data Analytics Course Free Online Cover?
Because they compete with comparable programs, most paid data analytics programs cover the same basic topics and provide similar advantages. Data analyst course free online, however, might vary greatly. They can meet the diverse needs of students since they are not vying for your money.
What you seek in a data analyst course free online will therefore be determined by whether or not it covers the topic area you wish to learn about. Short courses are often devoted to fairly narrow topics. Try to discover one that captivates your curiosity. Only reading theory does not always stick in mind. Find a course with substantial, interesting content that integrates theory and practice.
The course should neither be so generic that it is useless to you nor too complicated for a novice. It is beneficial to choose a course that strikes a balance between simple and relevant knowledge. Finally, a data analyst course free online should give you the confidence to continue your learning. Track your progress through each module. A rewarding job as a data analyst requires a combination of technical and soft skills.
Few Essential Data Analytics Tools You Should Know About
- Microsoft Excel: Excel is the most widely used spreadsheet application on personal computers. On newly acquired PCs, it is commonly pre-installed. It is simple to use and contains a Data Analysis ToolPak and a library of statistical tools. (ToolPak is an Excel add-in product that provides statistical, financial, and engineering data analysis capabilities.)
- SQL: SQL is a programming language for organizing and managing data. It is easier to find a specific data portion and update it with SQL.
- Tableau: Tableau is a robust and rapidly expanding data visualization tool. Everybody in an organization understands Tableau visualizations, regardless of technical knowledge. It also allows non-technical users to create their own dashboards.
- R: R is a free programming language and software package with many statistical and graphical capabilities. It contains machine learning techniques, time series, linear regression, and statistics. R libraries are typically developed in R. However, C, C++, and Fortran codes are recommended for demanding computing workloads.
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Bangalore
Right Now, the Top Free Data Analytics Courses Are
1. Become a Data Analyst (CareerFoundry)
CareerFoundry’s free data analytics short course is appropriate if you want a quick introduction to data analytics. When you sign up, you’ll have access to five hands-on, 15-minute classes, each focusing on a different phase in the data analytics process. The course gives a basic overview of data analytics, preparing you to delve further into the subject if you want.
You’ll study an actual dataset to address a business challenge involving data cleansing, visualizations, and final findings. You don’t even have to have a background in data or technology. It’s a great place to begin your career-change adventure. No hidden fees make this course a no-pressure alternative for total newbies.
This data analyst course free online covers various data analytics positions and describes the tools and abilities you’ll need to build if you want to work in the industry. You may expect to learn the fundamentals of data analysis firsthand.
2. AWS (Amazon Web Services)
AWS offers free data analytics courses in the cloud computing environment. Learn to extract insights with AWS by taking a course at your own speed.
- Data Analytics Learning Plan: Duration – 18 hrs
The Learning Plan collects training information for a specific position or solution and organizes it from fundamental to advanced. Use learning plans as a reference point to find training that is relevant to you. This Learning Plan is intended to assist developers, Data Analysts, and Data Engineers in designing, developing, securing, and maintaining analytics systems.
This Learning Plan’s digital training will introduce you to the quickest way to extract answers from all your client’s data. This Learning Plan will also help you to plan for the AWS Certified Data Analytics exam.
- Data Analytics Fundamentals: Duration – 3 hrs 30 mins
This self-paced data analyst course free online will teach you the process of planning data analysis solutions and the many data analytic techniques involved. This course walks you through five critical factors that suggest the necessity for certain AWS services in data collection, processing, analysis, and presentation.
This involves understanding fundamental architectures, value propositions, and potential application scenarios. The course introduces you to AWS services and solutions for building and improving data analysis systems.
The Course Will Help You to:
- Identify the qualities of data analysis solutions and the characteristics that suggest the need for such a solution.
- Define data types such as structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Define various types of storage, such as data lakes, data warehouses, AWS Lake Formation, and the Amazon Simple Storage Service.
- Analyze the differences and similarities between batch and stream processing, and outline how Amazon Kinesis is deployed to handle streaming data.
- Examine the features of online transaction processing (OLTP) and online analytical processing (OLAP) systems and their effects on data organization inside these systems.
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
3. Introduction to Data Analytics: by IBM (Coursera)
The course explains what data analysts do and the tools they use to perform routine tasks. You will learn about the data ecosystem and the principles of data analysis, such as data collection and mining. You will next learn the soft skills necessary to effectively convey your information to decision-makers and how mastering these abilities may allow you to become a data-driven voice of authority.
And if you want something more in-depth, dozens of alternatives range from Python data analysis to probability and statistics. But remember that once your seven-day trial expires, you’ll have to subscribe. So pick your data analyst course free online wisely!
In This Course, You’ll Learn to:
- Define Data Analytics and the essential phases in the Data Analytics process.
- Identify the many types of data structures, sources, file formats, and repositories.
- Differentiate between data positions such as Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Scientist, and Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Analyze a business case study and its data collection to identify key factors in the Data Analytics process.
4. Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Certification [PL-300] For Beginners
Microsoft Excel, the leading data analysis application, is brought to you by the IT giant Microsoft. It also provides technologies such as Microsoft Power BI. This course is for you if you want to start or are already creating and building robust data models, cleaning and remodeling data, and allowing powerful analytic capabilities that give significant business value through simple data visualizations.
It is mostly useful for data professionals and business intelligence specialists since it improves their ability to execute reliable data analysis using Power BI. Data analysts help firms optimize the value of their data assets by utilizing solutions such as Microsoft Power BI.
This certification enables the applicant to identify various methodologies and best practices for modeling, displaying, and analyzing data using Power BI that aligns with business and technical objectives. Information analysts are in great demand, and the PL-300 prompts you to validate your career path. Managers are fighting to find skilled information investigators, and the need is growing. There are no formal prerequisites for candidates to take the certification exam.
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in Gurgaon
5. HR Data Fundamentals (Udemy)
Udemy, like Coursera, provides hundreds of data analyst course free online from various content creators. As with any huge platform, some courses are free, some are not, but Udemy’s paid courses are on the lower end of the range. While course quality might vary, you can sift out the less popular free ones by looking at user reviews.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of HR data analytics and how to apply them to help your business grow and make better decisions. If you want to learn more about HR data, how it can be leveraged, and how it can help you generate impact, this course is for you.
The course is intended for people who are just starting out on a Human Resources (HR) team or want to learn the fundamentals of HR data and analytics. No HR experience is required, although a basic understanding of Excel or Google Sheets will be helpful.
You’ll learn about the many sources of HR data and some recurring problems (such as abbreviations and nicknames). This course also looks at how to collaborate with other teams to enhance how HR data is gathered, making your job as an HR data analyst more enjoyable and boosting your influence on your team.
You’ll Learn To:
- Discover the fundamentals of HR data and what makes it distinctive.
- Familiarise yourself with fundamental HR analytics tools and their applications.
- Perform essential HR analytics tasks such as data cleansing.
- Use simulated data and do basic HR analytics.
- Identify teams you can collaborate with to enhance how your business uses HR data.
- Present HR facts simply and concisely.
1. Can I self-study to become a Data Analyst?
Becoming a data scientist without formal schooling or experience is quite possible. The most crucial thing is that you are eager to learn and resolve problems. Finding a mentor or community to guide and encourage your studies is even better! But don’t be frightened to start learning independently because several resources are available. Pick a data analyst course free online to start your data analysis journey today.
2. Can I become a Data Analyst in six months?
Unlike common belief, acquiring a data analytics certification doesn’t take years or even a full year! You may get your Data Analyst certification within just 6 months if you choose the right curriculum. We recommend studying SQL while going through your course. This standard programming language is useful for data analysts and is simple to learn. Most learners with no prior knowledge may understand the fundamental concepts in weeks and become SQL competent in a couple of months.
3. Is Data Analysis difficult to learn?
Data analysis might be more difficult to master than other technology sectors since the abilities required to fulfill Data Analyst positions can be very technically demanding. However, with the current lack of data specialists worldwide, the function of a Data Analyst is in great demand, which means higher income and improved job stability. Start with a data analyst course free online to assess your interest and competence.