If you are looking for a career in Business Analytics and are still apprehensive about what it is and where to pursue it, this article will give you conclusive knowledge about Business analytics as a career and institutes where you can pursue it, through online and offline mode. There are a number of good institutes for Business Analytics courses in Jamshedpur that offer Business Analytics, in online and offline mode, and are flexible in their tenures and schedules to suit the feasibility of the participants. As these institutes offer courses via online systems also, one can pursue this course from anywhere in the world. Have a look at this article and kickstart your career in the world of Business Analytics.
Introduction to Business Analytics:
In today’s technologically advanced world, anything and everything can be formulated as a database. And this database, when understood and assessed systematically, can produce such accurate results that were very difficult to achieve in the past days. These databases and their analysis have proved a boon for most types of business-centric ventures of the world.
Tons of databases are generated every day due to the technological awakening in the world. This database when goes through a proper interpretation and analysis process, generates an opportunity for tracking the loopholes as well as good points of the business process down the years, by virtue of which the stakeholders can have a fair idea of what works for their business and what not, and where the efforts need to be put to get the desired outcome.
Here comes the role of a business analyst who does all the analysis in a systematic manner and concludes his findings for the betterment of a business. The role of a business analyst has become pivotal in all business ventures today as everyone wants to take calculative actions for the desired outcome.
Business analytics is both science and skills combined together to turn the information gained from the database into decisions. The scientific part is mostly statistics, artificial intelligence (data mining and machine learning), and optimization while the skill parts constitute computer skills, communication skills, project management, and change management.
Importance of Business Analytics:
Business analytics has become one of today’s most powerful tools that help businesses craft their strategies to achieve their goals. The role of business analytics has gained a lot of importance in past years as business problems have become more complex due to the availability of large databases, shortage of time, and higher competition in the market.
Every business, big or small, needs an analyst to systematically evaluate their profit or loss and strategically guide them for future undertakings. The main objectives of business analytics can be stated as follows:
- Proper interpretation of the database
- Extraction of relevant data from obtained database
- A thorough analysis of the database for the particular inquiry
- Identify weaknesses/fix problems before they arise
- Improving efficiency and productivity of business
- Helps in effective decision-making and strategy formulations
Roles and Responsibilities in Business Analytics
Some of the initiatives for which a business analyst provides analysis can be listed as follows:
- To identify strategic opportunities from data patterns;
- To identify potential problems facing the business and solutions;
- To create a budget and business forecast;
- To monitor progress with business initiatives;
- To report progress on business objectives back to stakeholders;
- To understand KPIs; and
- To understand regulatory and reporting requirements.
For a Business analyst professional, it is always better to have a mixture of hard and soft skills. It is not necessary for a business analyst to be well versed in IT but understanding how the system works becomes crucial for his job.
Who Should Sign Up for Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur?
- Any graduate from Science, math, or commerce field who want to accelerate their career graph
- IT professionals who have an inclination toward analytics can also pursue Business Analytics courses.
- Any professionals who are passionate about analysis and good with the number game
- Professionals who want to upskill their resumes by adding Data Analytics to their current job skills.
- Academicians and researchers working in the field of data analytics.
Types of Business Analytics:
Business analytics is divided into four types, each of which is actually a consecutive activity of the prior type.
- Descriptive analytics: It is that part of the process where the data is analyzed and patterns are established.
- Predictive analytics: In this process, the patterns hence established are studied to predict what will happen in the future considering the situation remains the same.
- Diagnostic analytics: In this phase, derivations obtained from the past analysis are used to determine which data will influence future activity.
- Prescriptive analytics: In this phase, the analyst comes up with alternate solutions and strategies to get the desired results in business.
Tools of Business Analytics:
Tools of Business analytics can be understood as a set of software that are used to derive data from various business systems and that combine all the data in such a form that it becomes a kind of warehouse of business data that can be used further for any kind of analysis. Some of the tools of Business Analytics that are widely used are stated as follows:
- Apache Spark
- Apache Storm
- PIG and HIVE
- Google Docs
Future of Business Analytics:
The future of Business Analytics can be understood from the fact everyone today wants to take calculative risks, unlike our ancestors. Today, business decisions depend on calculations rather than just guesses or intuition. For achieving such calculative goals, every business will require analysts at various stages of their business venture.
Though artificial intelligence might be used for calculations, it can never replace the expertise of the human brain. In the coming years, the role of a Business Analyst will not lose its importance, though it can witness slight modifications. But with growing experience such minor modifications will not make any difference.
There will be a number of opportunities for Business Analyst in coming years. Anybody who wants to pursue a future career in Business Analyst should take up the relevant course to upskill their resume and boost their career opportunities.
List of Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur:
There are a number of institutes and colleges that offer degrees or certifications in Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur. The best institutes that offer Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur are listed below and their course description along with tenure, schedule, course content, course fees, etc is mentioned so that you have a fair idea of all aspects.
1. Business Analytics For Strategic Decision Making by Simplilearn
- The duration of the course is 6 months.
- The course is certified by IIT Roorkee and the course curriculum has been designed by the faculties of IIT Roorkee.
- Once every month of the program, one master class is conducted by IIT Roorkee faculty and IBM experts.
- Any professional either from a programming background or not can apply for the course.
- The program prepares you for placement in top companies like Google, Amazon, Deloitte, Microsoft, IBM, etc.
- The program adopts a practical approach by providing exposure to hands-on projects and a capstone.
- The classes are in the form of recorded videos from IIT Roorkee faculty, hence the participants can learn at their own pace and schedule.
- There is a provision of live doubt-clearing sessions where the faculty of IIT Roorkee and industry experts interact with the participants and guide them.
- The participants get a CEC (Certificate of Completion) from IIT Roorkee, after successfully completing the course and assignments or exams as required.
- The program is in collaboration with IBM also, so the participant receives a certificate from IBM also stating their successful participation in the program.
- The admission fee for this Business Analytics for Strategic Decision Making program is ₹ 1,49,000 (incl. taxes).
- Foundations of Business Analytics
- Statistical Analysis for Business Decision Making
- Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualization using R
- Predictive Analytics for Business
- Prescriptive Analytics for Business
- Data Science and Machine Learning for Decision Making
- Business Analytics for Strategic Decision-Making Capstone
- Data Analysis with Python by IBM
- Mathematical Optimization for Business Problems by IBM
- Data Visualization with Python by IBM
- The tools that will be covered are Microsoft Excel and R.
2. Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur by SKILLOGIC
SKILLOGIC is one of the leading institutes for professional certification training specializing in best practice certifications in the domain of Business Analytics, project management, IT service management, and quality management. SKILLOGIC provides Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur.
- This is a certification course in Business Analytics
- It is an IABAC (International Association of Business Analytics Certification)-accredited course.
- The course offers training for 2 hours for 6 days in case of online training and 2 full days in case of classroom training.
- The courses will assist learners to get familiarised with various components of Business Analytics such as Data Aggregation, Data Mining, Association and Sequence Identification, Text Mining, Forecasting, Predictive Analytics, Optimization, and Data Visualisation.
- Business Analytics tools like Tableau, Sisense, QlikView, Domo, BusinessObjects, SAS, Dundas BI, Splunk, KNIME, MicroStrategy, Tibco, Heap Analytics, Alteryx, MixPanel and Google Analytics will be thoroughly taught to the participants.
- The course is conducted by Industry Certified Instructors who adopt a practical approach for students to have a firm grip on concepts.
- The course takes up a case study-based approach for participants to have market exposure.
- The main tools that are taught are Tableau Visualization and Python.
- SKILLOGIC offers FLEXI-PASS, which allows participants to attend sessions for 3 months in case they have doubts or queries, or want revision of certain topics.
- The course offers 24PDU participants
- There is provision for 24X7 customer care support
- They assure a 100% money-back guarantee, no questions asked- if the participant is not satisfied with the course.
- Fees include everything from training,iABAC Certification, and hardcopy material.
- The course fee is INR 39,900/- for live online sessions and INR 28,900/- for self-learning sessions.
- The course is also available in offline classroom mode in only selected cities, for which the fee is INR 44,900/-
The other Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur that SKILLOGIC offers are:
- Business Analytics for Managers Certification Course
- Business Analytics Foundation Certification Course
- Business Analytics Expert Certification Course
- Business Analytics Agriculture Certification Course
- Business Analytics Insurance Certification Course
- Business Analytics Logistics Certification Course
- Business Analytics Retail Certification Course
- Business Analytics Banking Certification Course
- Certified Business Analytics Expert
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics by XLRI, Talentedge
XLRI, Jamshedpur is one of the most premium management institutes in India. Founded in 1949 and is one of the oldest business schools in the country. The institute offers a wide range of courses in business management that are highly acclaimed in India and abroad as well. This institute is like a boon to any residents of Jamshedpur, who aspire to be business analysts. The detail of course is shared below.
- The course duration is 12 months.
- The participants get a recognized PG certificate and an Alumni Status from XLRI Jamshedpur.
- The total fee for the course is INR 3,37,500 plus GST, for Indian participants.
- For international participants, the course fee is USD 4,108 plus GST.
- If the participant is from India, the minimum criteria are Bachelor in engineering(10+2+4) or any Graduate from Computers, Science, Commerce, or Business (10+2+3) streams from a recognized university(UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government)
- If the participant is from outside India, graduated or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution of their respective country.
- The participant should have a work experience of at least 1 year
- The participant has to undergo a selection procedure and their selection is subject to validation of academic certificates and work experience and submission of a Statement of Purpose(SOP)
- The prerequisites of the program include mathematics or statistics as a subject in class 12th or graduation with at least 60% marks scored in it.
- Knowledge of any 1 programming language is preferred but not mandatory.
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to Python
- Spreadsheet Modelling & Power BI
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Statistical Foundations for Data Science
- Regression Technique
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Text Mining
- Prescriptive analytics using optimization and simulation
- Business Forecasting
- Big Data Analytics\3-Month Capstone Project
- Campus Component
- Business Analytics Courses in India
- Business Analytics Courses in Ranchi
- Business Analytics Courses in Visakhapatnam
- Business Analytics Courses in Varanasi
- Business Analytics Courses in Kota
4. Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur by 360 DigiTMG (Digital Transformation Management Governance)
This course is designed to empower the participants with essential techniques, tools, and skills they will need to excel in the field of business analytics. This is also one of the sought-after Business Analytics courses in Jamshedpur. The aim of this module is to build your understanding and capabilities in designing, structuring, and analyzing data.
- The course duration is of 4 months.
- The prerequisites of the course include-basic computer skills, basic mathematical concepts, and an analytical mindset.
- The course offers 72 hours of intensive online classroom sessions.
- The course offers practical assignments of 140+hours
- The participants will gain experience with 3 Capstone live projects
- The course prepares the participants for the field by arranging unlimited mock interviews and quiz sessions.
- There are resume and LinkedIn review sessions
- The course provides its participant lifetime free access to LMS
- The course will cover tools such as Python, R, R Studio, and Tableau.
- The participants will receive certification from IBM after successful completion of the curriculum.
- The participants also receive an added completion certificate from UTM, a top university in Malaysia.
- Proper guidance regarding job and placement is assured during and after the course.
- The course has various academic partners and international accreditations-IBM, City Guilds, UTM, State University of New York, National Education Foundation, and Tata Consultancy Services, to name a few.
- The fee for the course is INR 40,000+tax.
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Machine Learning,
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
- Hypothesis testing and simple linear regression.
- Data mining- unsupervised and supervised.
- Text mining and Naïve bayes
- Black box technique and time series analysis
- Introduction to Data visualization using Tableau.
- Visual analysis in-depth
- Calculations, the world of maps, and stories.
EXELR is one of the pioneers of upskilling learners in the Data Analytics field. EXCELR has come up with a curriculum designed to match the market requirement with great precision. Alongside the curriculum, EXCELR is known for its hallmark service. The dedicated team at EXCELR helps students solve their queries. This is one of the most promising Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur.
- The course is in collaboration with IBM and participants will get a completion certificate of the same.
- The duration, of course, is 180+ hours
- The course is available in the Hindi language also.
- Any graduate from the commerce, science, and engineering stream who have logical and analytical skills can apply for the course.
- The trainers for the course are all from top-class MNCs
- The course offers hands-on experience by exposing participants to 60+ case studies.
- There are capstone projects also.
- The participant is eligible for Jumbo Pass which gives them an opportunity to attend an unlimited number of classes or online sessions for the duration of 1 year.
- The course fee is INR 49,999.
- The course fee does not include the Steinbeis Certification cost.
- Basic and advanced Excel
- Power Bi
- R programming
Frequently Asked Questions: Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur
Q1. What are the eligibility criteria for Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur?
Those interested to dive into the field of Business Analytics and Data Science can most definitely join the course. Anyone who has a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent preferably in Science or Computer Science from a recognized university, can apply for a postgraduate course in Business Analytics.
Q2. Which job opportunities do Business Analytics courses in Jamshedpur guarantee?
Today the presence of Business analysts can be felt in every industry, though their job titles can vary. For example, Business Analysts can settle in any of the following sectors- retail, healthcare, banking and finance, transportation, education, Human Resources, and technology. The business Analytics course opens opportunities for a wide range of jobs for you. Some of them are Business Analysts, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data analysts, Operations Research Analysts, and Market Research analysts to name a very few.
Q3. Is MBA necessary for becoming a business analyst?
MBA is not at all necessary to pursue Business Analytics. There are so many certificate courses available that give the needed skill and expertise in the field and many companies hire professionals based on those courses. Some companies do prefer a degree, but some organizations recruit apprentices.
Q4. Is Business Analytics a lot of mathematics?
Basic knowledge of maths, statistics, or computers proves beneficial but to become a Business analytics, extensive coding, detailed mathematics, or deep knowledge of computer science is not a mandate. The interest in numbers definitely will make it interesting for the one pursuing business analytics.
To conclude, I would say that those who have a passion for Analytics and an interest in numbers should definitely go for a career in Business Analytics as it is in high demand. Once you gain relevant experience and expertise in the field, the payback is also good for Business Analysts. The role of Business Analytics will always remain important for businesses and companies. It is one of those fields that will gain even more importance in coming years where businesses will depend entirely on calculations and analysis.
Hence, Business Analytics is an excellent career option for any professional or fresher, no matter which department or industry he belongs to. Business Analytics definitely upskills your profile and can definitely take you to newer heights. With so many options for Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur, one must not give second thoughts to pursuing this most promising course.