Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Goa:
Technical writing might seem like a new career prospect. But it dates back centuries. People had to come up with a way to pass down their knowledge and explain how things work. So, what they did was create manuscripts. These later evolved into the term “technical writing” that we know of today! Here’s a fun fact: Leonardo da Vinci, who is famously known for his Monalisa, is the most famous technical writer of all time. It is common knowledge that he wasn’t just an exceptional artist, but was also an inventor. During the renaissance period, he is said to have written ‘user manuals’ for his exemplary inventions. Isn’t that cool?
Coming back to the present. Technical writing has indeed become an in-demand career option today. Even content writers and copywriters are looking at technical writing as the new gold mine of writing jobs. Technology is a very high-paying area for technical writing. With high-paying salaries (for some coveted technical writing positions) and the opportunity for continual growth, technical writing is shaping up to be every writer’s dream job.
The demand for technical writing is expected to grow by many folds in the coming years. Employment of technical writers is expected to grow by 12% before the end of this decade. The rate is significantly higher than the average for all occupations.
The Statistics Are Mind-Numbing
This creates a fantastic opportunity for those looking for a promising career in this field. Before you consider the options for technical writing courses in Goa, you first need to understand what technical writing is. Interested in technical writing courses in Goa and wondering where to begin? You have come to the right place. This article will give you alow-down on technical writing. Let us begin by addressing the basics.
What is Technical Writing?
Technical writing is a part of the field of technical communication. It comprises writing and drafting technical communication used in specialized fields. That is the ‘technical’ definition for it. To put it simply, technical writing is any form of written material about technological processes. When technical information is conveyed in written form it can be considered technical writing.
This can include anything from high-technology engineering, finance, IT, manufacturing, biotechnology, energy, aerospace, or global supply chain. Technical information must be presented unequivocally. The purpose of it must be to provide simple instructions about how to do something, regardless of how complex it is.
Technical writing is not restricted to long user manuals. It can also be in the form of technical reports, summary statements, briefs, emails, or press releases. Some examples of technical writing are Software Installation Guide, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Request for Proposal (RFP), etc. Technical writers work in various industries such as computer applications, management, and scientific industries.
What Does A Technical Writer Do?
Technology can be complex. Every day, the digital marketplace is inundated with new software. New applications are launched day in and day out. With the influx of new technology, we need a concise way of communicating its know-how to a layman. This is precisely where technical writers come into the picture. They draw up instruction manuals, journal articles, put together how-to guides, and other supporting documents to convey complex and technical information effortlessly.
Often, technical writers work on cross-disciplinary teams. They serve as the intermediary between technical staff and readers. They strategize and work closely with these teams. The responsibilities often extend beyond just writing. They must understand the project’s big picture and focus on the high-level goals and complexity of implementation.
Also, check here the other most opted courses in Goa
Essentials To Be A Technical Writer
If you already have some experience doing a writing job, it will be easier to make the transition. However, if you’ve never worked in a writing profession before, it is very important to learn to adapt. Although many professionals hold a degree in English with an emphasis in writing, journalism, and communications, technical writers do not require a traditional college Bachelor’s degree.
Having said that, it is advisable to take online courses and get at least one professional certification. Keeping yourself up to date with the technology and innovations happening in your desired industry will also complement these courses. Technical writing jobs are not just limited to English. They are available in various regional languages such as Hindi and other foreign languages too.
You must have a good command of the language you have applied for. The bottom line is that whether a technical writer learns through hands-on experiences or he/she gains expertise through formal education, he/she must be skilled in translating technical jargon into layman’s terms. Excellent communication skills and a proficient writing style are essential.
Career Scope Of A Technical Writer
Writing has always been an intrinsic part of any technology. The writing was utilized for documentation and description purposes. Writing enables in comprehending the technological jargon without overwhelming the common man. But never has writing taken center stage as much as it has now.
One of the primary reasons for this is the phenomenal growth in social media. With this networking has increased. Writing has become an important descriptive tool. From writing long articles to short social media posts, writing is gaining tremendous momentum in the technology industry.
Job Opportunities In Technical Writing
These are some of the job opportunities available that can potentially be yours upon completion of technical writing courses in Goa:
- Technical Writer
- Technical Illustrator
- Web Writers
- Personal Bloggers
Skills Required For Technical Writing
To be a successful technical writer, there is an essential set of skills that you will want to master. Here are some of the common skills that will help you be a stand-out:
- Research: Technical writing begins with research. Your responsibility is to collect all the necessary data, and statistics and devise ways to transform them into valuable information.
- Targeting Audience Perception: Most of the technical writing is aimed at non-technical readers. So all the information you gather from research must serve the reader’s understanding.
- Command Over the Language: It is needless to say that being good with your communication is of primary importance. Not just writing, but your ability to listen, understand and communicate will be crucial.
- Fluency in Digital Tools: Writers today have to use several tools. This might extend beyond simple text editors.
- Being Certified as a Writer: A certificate from a reputed training institute, such as the ones mentioned in this article might give you an edge over other technical writers.
- Staying Updated and Current in Your Field: Since technical writing is closely linked to technology, you need to be insightful. Update yourself about the latest innovations, new launches, and current trends.
- Desire to Learn and Grow: This is probably the most important of all. It goes without saying that where there is a strong desire to learn, the chances of being successful are substantial.
Now that you know what a lucrative and rewarding career in technical writing can be, your next step must be to weigh your options. Though there are several technical writing courses in Goa, choosing the right one can be an uphill task. And that is why we’ve rounded up the top 5 technical writing courses in Goa. Let’s look at them.
Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Goa
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills happens to be one of the top technical writing courses in Goa. The Technical Writing Master Course offered by the institute boasts of a curriculum that meets industry standards and is in alignment with some of the big names such as Google, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
- Global Accreditation, Master Certification (TWMC®)
- Live online teaching with practical assignments
- 100% tool-driven teaching with Practical Exposure with MS Visio, MS Project, Git, Scribus
- Get access to all the latest content through a learning management system.
- 24*7 Support (Consulting & Technical)
- Portfolio Development for Job/Freelance
- Internship opportunities after course completion
- Publishing Your First White Paper
- Publishing a Scholarly Article or Book
- Publish Your First Technical Blog with the Times of India Blog.
Course Name: Technical Writing Course
Course Duration: 5 weeks (online)
Course Fee: Rs 14,900 + GST
Also, check out some of these professional courses offered by IIM Skills:
2. ECT- Education and Career Times
ECT is well known for being a training organization recognized by the Government of India. The goal of ECT is to impart knowledge in a way that has never been done before. Their technical writing courses in Goa are famed because they offer the course in two different ways. Both of them offer certification, live and interactive sessions with practical assignments, internship opportunities, and personalized feedback.
Option1: Technical Writing Course
If you want to get started and are focused on immediate job placements or are already familiar with any programming language or HTML, choose this course.
Option1 Course Highlights:
This course is spread across 14 modules
● 32 hours of live training and 50 hours of training through eLearning videos
● 6 Assignments
● 6 Live Projects
● 12 Quizzes
● 1 Certification
Course Name: Technical Writing Course
Course Duration: 3 months
Course Fee: INR 19,999
If you have long-term plans of building a career aiming for big tech companies or are unfamiliar with programming languages, choose this course.
Option2 Course Highlights:
● This course is spread across 36 modules
● 96 hours of live training and 100 hours of eLearning videos
● 18 Assignments
● 18 Live Projects
● 36 Quizzes
● 4 Certifications
Course Duration: 3-6 months
Course Fee: INR 39,999
3. Google’s Technical Writing Course
When we talk about technical writing courses in Goa, how can we leave out Google’s technical writing course? The goal of these courses and learning resources is to improve your technical documentation. The courses and resources will help you prepare and write technical documents. In addition to this, you will get a sneak peek at the role of technical writers at Google.
Their technical course is mainly for software professionals or computer science students. Additionally, they claim that people in other engineering-related fields (such as product managers) will also gain from these courses.
Technical Writing One and Technical Writing Two will be conducted via:
- Pre-class lessons – introduce the topics
- In-class lessons with a facilitator and other students – help to integrate and practice the topics
The pre-class lessons provide a solid foundation. The in-class lessons enhance the learning.
- Technical Writing One teaches you how to write with clarity by active voice usage, writing crisp and shorter sentences, using lists and tables, paragraphs, etc.
- Technical Writing Two helps technical people improve their technical communication skills such as editing, organizing large docs, technical illustrations, and creating sample code.
Course Name: Overview of technical writing courses
Course Duration: 12 hours
Course Fee: Free
If you are running out of options to pursue technical writing courses in Goa, then you could consider Coursera. Coursera Inc. is a U.S.-based MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) provider founded in 2012 by computer science professors from Stanford University. About 150 universities offered more than 4,000 courses through Coursera in the year 2021 alone.
Coursera has top-notch courses tailored to suit the needs of all kinds of learners. You can sift through their range of technical writing courses based on the following criteria:
- Levels: beginner, intermediate, mixed
- Duration: 2 hrs-3+months
- Learning programs: Courses, Guided projects, Specializations, Professional certification
- Educators: Top tutors from acclaimed universities
- Languages: English and other international languages
Course Fee: This would depend on the above criteria.
5. Skills Upgrader
Skills Upgrader is a consultancy and counseling company whose aim is to fuel the career growth and personal development of prospects. They deliver a combination of programs for companies and corporate customers. They even have several on-demand training programs for personal growth and this might be an ideal fit if you’re looking for technical writing courses in Goa.
The career prospects after completion of this course include:
- Technical Writer
- Academic Writer
- Social Media Writer
- News Writer
So, if you are looking for technical writing courses in Goa, this could be the best.
- 16+ hours of live training
- 70+ hours of practical assignments
- Access to tools worth INR 40,000 during the internship
- Lifetime Support
- Assistance in portfolio development for jobs or freelancing
- 3 months of a content writing internship
- Freelance Writing Opportunities
- Dedicated placement support
- Content Writing Certification
- Content Marketing Certification from HubSpot
Course Name: Content Writing Course
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Course Fee: INR 2,999 + GST
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is technical writing a good career path?
Every business has an online presence and content is one way that sets them apart, and helps them grow and reach their target audience. So, now organizations rely on the content more than ever. Technical writing is proving to be a lucrative career with the potential to earn a high income. You could choose to work with companies or build your freelancing career.
2. Is there a demand for technical writers?
Yes. Technology is omnipresent and our dependency on it is increasing. And technology happens to be one of the highest-paying areas of technical writing. So, the need for good technical writers is on the rise. It is predicted that the demand for technical writing will grow exponentially in the coming years.
3. What are the career options for a technical writer?
These are some of the career prospects for technical writers:
- Technical communications specialists
- Technical communicators
- Technical illustrators
- Technical trainers
- Web writers
- Content developers
- Content writers
- Documentation specialists
- Information designers
- Information developers
- Manual writers
- Policy writers
4. Who needs technical writers?
In the current scenario, almost all industries would require a technical writer. The largest sectors for employment were professional, technology, scientific, and manufacturing services. Some sectors like administrative and support and publishing industries also seek good technical writers. So, in conclusion, there are a wide array of industries that will hire technical writers. Along with working for companies, you can also work as a freelancer with various clients on your own. As well as giving you the flexibility of choosing your work and hours, this also gives you the freedom of location that people prioritize today.
To have a flourishing career you must start with a clear plan. Prioritize your goals. Arm yourself with all the relevant knowledge and experience. Work smart, be prepared, and learn to adapt quickly. This was a detailed overview of technical writing and all that it entails. We hope this helps you ascertain if this is the right career path for you and also assists you in choosing the right course. We hope that this exhaustive article on technical writing courses in Goa will serve as a starting point in the amazing career that you will have.
2 thoughts on “Top 5 Technical Writing Courses in Goa:”
I am a supervisor at an engineering firm. My position requires me to supervise the work of a large number of fresh candidates, the majority of whom are learning on the job. Because my job needs me to give so many instructions on equipment handling and precautions to be taken while using it, I was considering creating a manual for my co-workers on how to use it. As a result, I decided to enrol in a part-time training and was advised to check into technical writing courses in Goa. Please direct me to an academy that offers good part-time training in this area.
I am interested in learning technical writing because of the talk around. to be honest, I have no idea what it actually is, that is why I am interested in taking free courses first with or without certification only to understand if it is interesting for me or not. can you suggest a free technical writing course in Goa?