There were times when just having a degree was considered a benefit for job seekers, but as time has changed, there is a lot of competition. One needs to be a step ahead of others and have some additional skills and knowledge apart from the basic college education.
For this purpose, there are several short-term courses that help you build a strong resume. These courses help you stand out of the league and have a very good impression on your employees. This article lists some of the famous short-term courses in Delhi that you can opt for.
What are Short-term Courses in Delhi?
Short-term courses are courses that are of a short duration of time. These courses can range from a few weeks to or few months. These courses are designed for everyone, be they a student, a working professional, or a housewife, who wants to boost their career.
These courses are skill-oriented and help you gain practical knowledge of many skills, technologies, tools, and languages. These provide a perfect base for your career journey and help you gain an extra benefit.
These courses include certificates or badges that are provided post the final examination. These certificates help others to know that you have been practically involved during the course and have mastered the particular skill.
Benefits of Short-term Courses
These courses are cheaper than the full-time courses or degree or diploma courses. These are the best-suited choice for those who want to gain some additional knowledge but don’t have enough budget to pay for full-time courses. The fees for some courses may even start from Rs. 2000.
- Designed for all
These courses are designed for everyone on any level of learning. There is no educational bar for someone who wants to apply for any course. Anyone can opt for any course based on his/her interest.
- A star to the CV
These courses are the best way to add weightage to your CV. These courses are additional academic activities that can help you get a better job opportunity.
These courses are designed such that you get a deep knowledge of the subject and are job-ready at the end of the day. These courses eliminate the need of getting a degree in some specialized field if you have done graduation.
For example, if you have completed a B. Com degree and want to pursue a career in Graphic Designing, then you don’t need to enroll yourself in graduation for Graphic Designing. Simply you can pursue any specialized short-term course in that field and start your designing journey.
- Long-term benefit
These courses are developed such that they provide a better practical and comprehensive exposure in the field and thus provide you with long-term benefits.
- A guide for the career path
Sometimes, we- as working professionals get stuck in our career choices. Then such courses help us to boost our performance and get a clear insight about our career.
- A great way to invest time
These courses are meant to be considered a great option to enjoy and invest your free time. These are like any other hobbies but with lots of benefits and advantages. These are the best ways to invest leisure time to enhance skills and correctly use them.
Top 10 Short-Term Courses in Delhi
The article provides a list of various short-term courses in Delhi that you can opt for according to your interest or field.
1. Graphic Designing
Graphic designing is the art of expressing ideas and thoughts by using texts, images, typography, illustrations, symbols, and icons. A graphic designer communicates through his work and markets and advertises his brand. It involves designing for the corporate world that includes logos and branding; for editorial purposes like magazines, books, and newspapers as well as for marketing purposes like advertising, web designing, media, and communications, and product packaging.
These courses are designed such that they help you to understand working for the corporate world and help you to get practical experiences by developing projects and portfolios. These courses help you to gain a clear career perspective and start your career as Logo Designer, Graphic Designer, Interface Designer, Visual Image Developer at any firm or start your freelancing career.
Some of the short-term courses in Delhi for Graphic Designing are given below:
- Advanced Certification Course in Graphic Design & Prepress at TGC, South Extension, New Delhi – 3 to 6 months
- Graphic Design Premium Course at Graphic Design Institute, Rohini Delhi – 6 months
- Graphic Design Course At Dice Academy, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi – 6 months
- Graphic Design Course at Arena Animations, Pitampura, New Delhi – 6 months
2. Content Writing
Content writing is the process of planning and writing professional content mainly for marketing purposes. It involves writing articles, blogs, web writings, stories, scripts for videos and podcasts as well as content for various social media platforms.
The content writing is basically expressing the thoughts of the brand and the company to reach the targeted audience and expand their network. The short courses in content writing guide the individual from the basic to advanced level like keyword research to SEO to content planning and help gain practical knowledge and explore the corporate world.
Some of the short-term courses in Delhi for Content Writing are listed below:
- Content Writing Master Course at IIM Skills, New Delhi, -3 months
- Content Writing Course at Newcent Training Academy, Chattarpur Extension, New Delhi – 6to 8 weeks
- Advanced Content Writing Course at Education and Career Times, Connaught Palace, New Delhi – 3 months
- Master of Content Writing at Information Developers Foundation, Noida, Uttar Pradesh – 32 hours
- Certificate Course in Creative Writing at Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication, Adhchini, New Delhi – 3 months
Recommended Read: 7 Best Content Writing Courses in Delhi
3. SEO Courses
SEO is Search Engine Optimization which primarily means the process to improve the rankings on Google’s search engine result page. It helps to increase the visibility for the web pages related to the business on Google, Bing, and any other search engines.
It is the most fundamental and most important term for digital marketing as it helps to improve the brand’s reach to potential customers. The courses specialized in SEO help you to understand the working of ranking systems and help you optimize your content according to the SEO tactics. It focuses on teaching the practical uses of SEO strategies to increase web traffic and get better results in SERP.
Some of the short-term courses in Delhi for digital marketing are:
- Advance SEO Course at Expert Training Academy in Delhi- 1 year
- SEO Training at Aptron, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi -45-60 days
- SEO Training Course at Web Training India, Shakarpur, New Delhi – 3 to 6 months
Recommended Read: 10 Best Digital Marketing Courses in Delhi
4. PPC Courses
PPC stands for Pay Per Click. It is one of the tactics for digital marketers to drive sales and traffic to their websites with the help of paid advertising through Google AdWords, Bing, and Facebook Advertising.
It is a technique of internet marketing in which the advertiser has to pay every time someone clicks on their ads. In this world of dominating the digital world, the PPC courses will surely help you to gain a job on your radar and are one of the best choices for job-oriented short- courses.
Some of the short-term courses for PPC are:
- Advanced PPC Training at TGC, South Extension, New Delhi. – 15 days to 1 month
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Management Course at Delhi Institute of Computer Courses, Lajpat Nagar Part-2, Delhi. – 30 hours
- Pay Per Click Course at Perfect Growth Studies, Peeragarhi, New Delhi. – 60 Days
5. Web Designing
Web Designing means designing, production and management of websites using different skills and techniques. It uses various languages like HTML, CSS, and others to create the design of the websites. It takes into consideration the color, typography, user experience of the pages.
The courses specialized in Web Design teach the students the basics principles of designing and help them gain the practical knowledge of building websites and handling the company websites. These courses help students to enhance their creativity by building beautiful website projects.
Some web designing short-term courses in Delhi are:
- Web Designing Training at TGC, South Extension, Delhi – 3 to 6 months
- Web Specialist Course at Institute for Print and Web Technologies, Lajpat Nagar 1, New Delhi
- Web Design Course at Dice Academy, Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi
6. Programming Language
Learning a programming language is one of the best skills one can acquire in this time. Programming languages include C, C++, Java, Python, Html, PHP, SQL, and many others. Learning programming languages can help you get jobs for different profiles like web developer, backend developer, full-stack developer, and many others in the IT sector. These courses help you gain practical knowledge from very basic to professional levels.
Some Programming languages courses in Delhi are:
- Programming Training Courses at Indian Institute of Computer Science, Nirman Vihar, New Delhi – 2 to 6 months
- Certified Programming Language Courses at Delhi Skills Development Centre, Badarpur, New Delhi.
Recommended Read: Top 10 Programming Courses in Delhi
7. Ethical Hacking Courses
Ethical hacking is one of the most intriguing short-term courses in Delhi, attracting students who want to work as professional hackers. These courses need a basic understanding of programming and networking in order to pursue a career in ethical hacking.
There are several institutes in Delhi that provide specialized training in hacking and cybersecurity. Ethical hacking is also called Penetration testing as it operates on an intrusive system or network to detect potential dangers and vulnerabilities in those systems.
Some of the ethical hacking short-term courses in Delhi:
- DICC Ethical Hacking Course at Delhi Institute of Computer Courses, Lajpat Nagar, South Delhi – 2 months
- Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking Course at Indian Institute of Computer Science, Nirman Vihar, Delhi – 12 months
- Certified Ethical Hacker Tester at Cryptus Cyber Security, Shakarpur, New Delhi – 45 to 60 days
Recommended Reads For Content Writers
8. Stock Market Course
Stock market courses cover various aspects of National and International market structures. These are designed such that they cover all the modules like Equity Analysis, Technical Analysis, Forex Analysis, Derivative Analysis, Arbitrary Analysis, Gann Theory, Portfolio Management, Risk and Money Management, and others.
These help individuals gain proper insights into the investments, funding, management, and acquisition of the stock markets and provide them with proper guidance for stock market trading.
Some of the short-term stock market courses in Delhi are:
- Certificate Courses in Stock Market at National Institute of Financial Market, Janak Puri, Delhi – 4 months
- Diploma in Financial and Stock Market at Institute of Financial Market Courses, Lajpat Nagar Delhi – 6 months
- Masters in Trading and Investment at Institute of Stock Market, Moti Nagar, Delhi – 1 year
9. Foreign Language Courses
To establish ourselves in the global market, learning foreign languages play an important role. To communicate with the global market, language is the only medium. It is a great way to express ourselves in the rapidly progressing and demanding world.
There are several language courses like German, French, Russian, Japanese that you can opt for according to your interest. These courses help you to stand out in the crowd and have a broader approach than the others.
Some of the options for short-term courses for learning a foreign language are:
- 18 different Foreign Language courses at the University of Delhi, Delhi – almost 1 year
- Foreign Language Courses at Embassy Culture Centers in Delhi
- Foreign Language Course at Delhi School of Foreign Language, Indirapuram, Delhi
- Spanish, French, German Language Courses at Inlingua, New Delhi
Some other short-term courses in Delhi:
- Digital marketing course at The Delhi School of Communication, Neb Sarai, New Delhi – 3 months
- Certifies Course in 2D animation at National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology, Delhi – 80 hours
- Certificate Programme in 5G and its applications in IoT and AI at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi – 8 months
- Diploma in Fashion Designing at International Institute of Fashion Technology, Naraina, New Delhi – 12 months
- Software Testing Course at Croma Campus – 60 days
- Diploma Course in Painting and Sketching at National Institute of Fine Arts – 6 months
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionary at The Indian Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi – 36 weeks + 24 weeks training
- Executive Diploma in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Quality Control at Institute of Good Manufacturing Practices India, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi – 6 months
People Also Read: Top 10 GST Courses in Delhi
10. Basic Computer Courses
These courses are designed to provide the basic knowledge of computers to the students to pace up with the fast-growing world, where having the basic computer knowledge is one of the best and most useful skills.
These courses help you gain the positions like Data Entry Operator, Technical Analyst, Office Assistant, and many other profiles that require basic computer knowledge. These short-term courses do not require any prerequisite and anyone interested in learning the basics of computers can enroll for them.
Some of the short-term computer basics courses are listed below:
- Basic Computer Course at Delhi Institute of Computer Science (DISC), Kingsway Camp, Delhi – 2 months
- Basic Computer Course (BCC) at National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology, Dwarka, New Delhi – 36 hours
- Tally ERP 9 Course Training at Aptron, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi – 45 to 60 days
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which are the best short-term courses in Delhi?
There are many short-term courses listed in the article that can be considered a good choice for your career. These courses can be chosen according to your preference and choice. Some of the choices are courses related to content writing, web designing, programming language, digital marketing, and foreign language.
2. Are the short-term courses job-oriented?
Yes, the short-term courses are job-oriented courses. These courses help you gain field knowledge and practical skills. These courses are completely based on subject expertise.
3. Who can complete short-term courses?
The short-term courses can be done by anyone whether a student, professional, entrepreneur irrespective of their previous background. However, some of these courses require some prior knowledge about the subject for a better understanding and field knowledge, but generally, most of them are designed for audiences from all fields and teach from the basics.
4. Can short-term courses be done after the 12th?
Yes, some of the courses are designed such that they can be opted for after the 12th schooling or even after graduation. It is a completely subjective matter.
5. Do these short-term courses come with placement?
These courses do come with placement opportunities but it depends upon the institution that you are opting for and how they have designed the course and what are the benefits or placement support, they are providing.
6. Can these courses be taken in online mode?
Yes, many institutes provide you with the facilities of online classes as well as offline classroom mode. These depend upon the course that you are going to enroll in and the institute that provides these facilities.
These short-term courses can be a turning point in your career journey. These courses help you gain deep subject knowledge and practical skills and help you get better opportunities in life. These can be done even in online mode as well as live classroom classes based on the place and preference of the individual.
Table of Contents