Post the year 2000, companies are shifting from traditional business practices to virtual business and social media. This is evident from the fact that in 2020 the Data Analytics market share was $ 271.83 billion, which is forecasted to grow to $745.15 billion by 2030. The 23% growth by 2030 predicts an increasing demand for Data Analysts, but with exceptional skills and expertise. For an aspiring candidate, a course is the best way to stand out in the crowd. In this article, we present a brief overview of the IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course for your perusal.
Introduction to Data Analytics- Its Importance
Post-2000 with the widespread usage of the Internet, social media, and Internet of Things(IoT) devices, the business models of companies have majorly shifted to virtual business and social media promotions. It is estimated that by 2025 there would be 152,200 IoT devices getting connected to the internet every minute. This is an indication of the humongous amount of data that will be generated.
In the present business scenario, the customer outlook is also changing, as now customers want faster solutions and better innovations at a faster pace. Due to this reason, companies are looking for techniques that can give results in real-time, enabling them to take informed business decisions at a much faster pace.
Data Analytics has paved the way for businesses to manage, simplify, and process large datasets in real-time, exploring trends and variations which were unheard of in the yesteryears. Social Media Analytics is helping companies better manage their advertising campaigns, promotions, brand events, and product innovations in an optimized and targeted manner. Text Analytics and Natural Language Programs (NLP) are helping the customer care industries, political industry, and others understand customer sentiments. Data Analytics is contributing majorly toward the innovation of new products.
Not only are product-based companies and advertising companies benefitting from them, but the following industries also have a prevalent dependency on Data Analytics:
- Banking, Finance, and Insurance
- Media and Entertainment
- Automotive Industry
- Cyber Security
- And Oil and Gas Extraction companies
Roles and Responsibilities of a Data Analyst
The primary goal of Data Analysts are to combine their expertise in technology, business domain, and market trends to help businesses grow and succeed. The following are the primary responsibilities that the role of a Data Analyst demands:
- The first important responsibility of a Data Analyst is to extract data from various sources like numbers, texts, and written and spoken opinions, and transform the data into manageable sets, and then load the data into modeling techniques. This is known as Data Mining.
- A Data Analyst has to not only manage the database, but also interpret the trends and variations, and use different tools, and modeling methods to analyze and present reports of the findings in a comprehendible manner.
- Data Analyst has to develop an efficient database management system or warehousing. They have to develop strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of the database results. They should be able to analyze and rectify any anomalies in the techniques to arrive at better and correct outcomes.
- Data Analyst has to identify new sources of data generated by the company to look into areas not identified earlier.
- Data Analysts have to devise methods to link different data sets.
- A Data Analyst must be creative in terms of finding opportunities to innovate and implement new processes and improve the existing processes.
- A Data Analyst has to have excellent analytical abilities to identify, analyze, and interpret the different patterns and variables in the database.
- A Data Analyst has to create meaningful insights from the trends and patterns with the help of Machine Learning and statistical models.
- The main responsibility of a Data Analyst is excellent communication skills which are required for generating reports and making presentations in a comprehendible manner, such that clients, stakeholders, and company members from non-technical backgrounds can understand the main objective of the analysis.
- A Data Analyst also has to work in coordination with the management team in order to assist in prioritizing business needs and relaying critical information.
- Where is Data Analytics Used
- Data Analytics Courses In Limerick
- Data Analytics Jobs
- What Is Data Analytics Framework
- Data Analytics Courses In Ghana
- Google Data Analytics Certification Review
- Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow
- Work from Home Data Analytics Jobs
- Data Analytics Courses for Commerce Students
Skills Required for Data Analyst
As we have already defined the expected roles and responsibilities of a Data Analyst, now we come to focus on the required skill sets in which a student should excel, in order to acquire the required expertise and gain an edge over the other aspirants. When one looks at IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course or any other Data Analytics course run by other institutes, these are extensively covered. Here is a list of the prerequisite skills for a Data Analyst:
- Domain Knowledge: A Data Analyst should be aware of the particular industry domain in which he/she is working for or is interested to shape a career in. This helps in understanding the dataset properly. The domain knowledge helps in understanding the goals and objectives of the analysis of big data more precisely.
- Attention to Detail: A Data Analyst has to be vigilant and highly observant of the data management system. Any unprecedented deviations or even small mistakes in the data can result in wrong interpretations which can adversely affect the business decisions.
- Research: A Data Analyst should be properly updated with the latest market trends, technologies, and new innovations. Extensive research is the main key to being aligned with the current business scenario.
- Writing and Communication: A Data Analyst with highly efficient analytical skills, yet who cannot communicate efficiently has very less chance of growing in the industry. As the results of the analysis are to be informed in either written reports or presented through graphs, charts, and other modes of Data Visualization tools, Data Analysts should be adept at delivering the objective of the analysis in a crisp, clear, and easy language.
- Problem-Solving and Innovative: Data Analysis is prevalent in the industry as the results are obtained in real-time. At the same time, one can face problems that also need solutions in real-time and fast to avoid escalations. Thus, a Data Analyst needs to be fast in envisioning solutions to problems being faced. They need to be creative in envisaging new solutions.
- Structured Query Learning (SQL): A Data Analyst has to process large data sets which require the knowledge and expertise of SQL which is a standard database language. It helps in collecting specific data and updating the database.
- Machine Learning: Artificial Intelligence has been the reason for a plethora of important developments in Data Analytics. Machine Learning is also a part of it where a Data Analyst has to build algorithms that are more precise and more advanced.
- Business Analytics Courses in Doha
- Data Analyst Courses After Graduation
- Data Analytics Courses in Udaipur
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course- A Brief Overview
In today’s business scenario, although there is a high demand for Data Analysts, yet companies prefer candidates who know the current industry trends and have an extra edge over others with expertise in the domain of Data Analysis. IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course are two such leaders in the data analytics training field, imparting training such that it ensures the overall development of the students. Although there are a plethora of institutions providing Data Analytics Courses, here is a brief look at the IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course details:
- IIM Skills Vs Manipal – A Profile
Before starting the journey of understanding the advantages and strengths of IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course, here is a brief look at the background of both leaders:
- IIM Skills: IIM Skills laid its foundation in 2015 as an online content writer course educator. The course became a big success and when the number of views that the course garnered crossed a million, that made the institute foray into teaching other subjects like Digital Marketing, Finance, Investment Banking, Business Accounting, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and other subjects. They are present in 23 cities in India. In Asia, their offices are in Dubai and Singapore. They have to date trained more than 35000 students locally and globally and have already conducted more than 9500 training batches.
- Manipal Institute of Technology: Manipal Institute of Technology was established in 1957. It is ranked No.6 in India by Education World India. It is ranked at 283 Best Universities by QS World University Ranking in Asia.The institute has more than 2,50,000 students enrolled. They have 5 campuses one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. In 2000 they became a Deemed University – Manipal Academy of Higher Education ( MAHE). They conduct full-time, part-time, online, classroom teaching courses and research programs. Their research programs are supported by AICTE, DST, CSIR, and the Ministry of Environmental Science. They are recognized as an A+ category institute by MHRD.
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course Fees and Eligibility Criteria:
The IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course has different criteria for enrollment in their course, which are as follows:
|IIM Skills||Manipal Institute|
|Duration||6 months||9 months|
|Fees||Rs.49900||Rs. 1,50,000 with Placement Guarantee|
Rs. 1,20,000 with Placement Assistance
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelors Degree|
Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and computers
|Graduate Degree from a recognized University or College with either Mathematics, Statistics, and Programming as a subject|
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course Syllabus:
An all-inclusive course ensures that the student is ready to face the challenges of the real world market. While all institutes have their own set curriculum, here is a brief look at the topics covered in the curriculum:
|IIM Skills||Manipal Institute|
|Data Analytics Using Alteryx|
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course Tools:
Both the training leaders ensure that the latest tools and technologies are a part of their curriculum, although few tools in the IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course vary, here is the list of the tools learnt in one glance
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course Certificate:
- IIM Skills: The certificate presented by IIM Skills for Data Analytics Course is recognized by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Industries( MSME).
- Manipal Institute: The Certificate is awarded by Manipal Institute of Technology.
IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course Features:
IIM Skills and Manipal Institute are both forefront runners in the top position in the list of top institutes offering Data Analytics courses. In this section we have listed a few strong points of the IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course, which is not a comparison, but an attempt to highlight the strengths of both the institute’s courses:
The course offered by IIM Skills is well known due to the following strengths:
- The training includes approximately 10 case studies and 7 live projects with renowned industries in different domains.
- The institute offers the students a choice to join an internship program for 2 months. The main objective of the internship being imparting practical knowledge of theories learned in the classroom, where they learn to be creative and enhance their problem-solving abilities. This is to ensure students are technically groomed to step into the real world efficiently..
- The institute has many mentors hailing from different domains with expertise ranging to many years, imparting guidance and assistance to the students.
- The Learning Management System(LMS) gives access to the students for life to all their study material, session recordings, and tips and techniques about the tools.
- The institute offers assistance in building a strong portfolio, an impressive resume that is job worthy, and full placement support.
Manipal Institute needs not many words to showcase its strengths, as the institute is well renowned all across the globe, yet a few highlights of the course are as follows:
- The course has 7 intensive micro projects conducted at the end of modules to help students understand the practical application of the subjects taught.
- The tools and techniques taught in the course are the ones that are used in the current industry domain.
- The option of electives ensures students gain additional expertise and gives them a better competitive edge while looking for placement opportunities.
- The trainers are industry experts with more than 10 years of experience and are active in well renowned companies.
- The institute conducts webinars and sessions with industry veterans.
- The institute helps the students not only in building a strong portfolio and resume but also teaches them LinkedIn profile visibility management. They give options of choosing for guaranteed placements and assistance in placements, although with a few conditions.
- IIM SKILLS vs. Learnbay Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Simplilearn Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs UpGrad Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Imarticus Data Analytics Course
In conclusion, in the present education scenario there are diverse institutions offering courses to aspiring candidates, aiming to step into the world of Data Analytics. A Data Analytics course is recommended to candidates to help them give an edge before stepping into the highly competitive business scenario. In this IIM Skills Vs Manipal Data Analytics Course article we have not aimed at any comparison but dwelled on the strengths of the course offered by each institute.
IIM Skills has a complete package of renowned faculty members, a diligent course curriculum, and an affiliation with the industry. An exhaustive approach in the training emphasizes more on a practical approach by completing many projects and assignments, that are taken from real-world examples.
Manipal Institute is a prestigious institution that conducts an exhaustive and well laid out course to give a prestigious learning experience to the students. Their curriculum is designed such as to be well balanced and in alignment with the current industry trends.
Finally investing in good education always pays off handsomely going forward for an entire lifetime. Whether it is IIM Skills Manipal Institutes Data Analytics Course or any other Data Analysis course, investing in one is always good. As companies are investing more in data driven technologies, parallelly the growth in the demand for experts is rising and will continue for a long period of time.
Q. What is a Data Analytics Course and why is it important?
A Data Analytics Course is a comprehensive educational program, designed to equip the students with the necessary skills and techniques required in analyzing and interpreting huge amounts of raw data generated by companies. The course helps in getting trained for the tools and techniques required for interpreting insights. They train students how to effectively present the insights to the stakeholders and members of the company to assist them in making informed decisions related to the business.
Q. What skills are taught in a Data Analytics Course?
In a Data Analytics course students are trained to handle technical skills and soft skills that are designed to analyze and interpret big data. The technical skills are statistical analysis, Data Visualization, Data cleaning and preparation, programming languages, database warehousing, data mining, machine learning, Big Data Technologies, domain knowledge, and project management. In soft skills, the students are trained in communication skills.
Q. How can a Data Analytics Course help in future career prospects?
An extensive, all-inclusive, and comprehensive Data Analytics course teaches the skills which are used in the current data analytics industry. It gives students a competitive edge and sharpens their problem solving abilities. The course gives extensive domain knowledge to the students which is beneficial when appearing for placements. Additionally, a Data Analytics course helps students who are freshers gain better job prospects, for working professionals a higher earning potential, a change in the domain, and better chances for promotions. It imparts a deep understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Data Analyst. Since the courses are modified according to the prevalent practices in the industry, thus, it helps students train in the relevant tools. A course enrollment also gives access to networking with the alumni.