In the year 2023, there are approximately 15.14 billion Internet of Things (IoT) devices which are predicted to grow to approximately 41.6 billion by 2025. Thus, one can then imagine the volume of data that would be generated and the demand for data experts to manage it. Thus, the growing demand for Data Analytic experts! Data Analytics Courses are the pathway to generating experts with a competitive edge. In a bid to guide you on the same pathway, here is a brief overview of IIM SKILLS Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course advantages and strong points for your perusal!
Data Analytics Vs Data Science – Differences
A majority of people get confused between Data Science and Data Analytics, mistaking both to be the same. Here is a brief comparison between them to highlight the differences:
- Data Science: Data Science is a broad field that deals with studying, understanding patterns and trends, and developing insights for further developments of structured and unstructured data is known as Data Science. Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Modelling, and Data Mining are all a part of Data Science.
- Scope: Data Science has a broader scope as it has many disciplines like data analytics, statistics, machine learning, data engineering, computer science, data mining, and modeling.
- Problem Solving: Data Science works on arriving at solutions and insights on open ended questions from structured or unstructured large data. Here one applies predictive models, statistics, machine learning, and data mining to understand the trends and patterns and their relationship.
- Focus: The focus of Data Science is to develop new techniques, models, and methods to discover trends, patterns, and correlations.
- Skills: A Data Scientist needs to know an advanced level of programming, application of machine learning, data mining, Python, C++, Java, and other advanced programming languages.
- Analysis: Data Science applies Predictive Analysis to predict future patterns and Prescriptive Analysis to discover insights, which are also based on Data Analytics.
- Data Analytics: Data Analytics is the field of identifying trends and patterns mostly from structured data. The objective of this search is aligned with the objective of improved decision-making and enhancement of revenue of any business.
- Scope: The scope of Data Analytics is very small as the objective is to find answers to certain specific questions and not explore and experiment.
- Problem Solving: In Data Analytics, specific solutions to close-ended specific questions are sought after. They identify trends and patterns from the historical data by applying descriptive analysis to arrive at solutions. These understandings are presented in front of the company members and clients with the help of Data Visualization. The final goal of Data Analytics is assistance in making informed decisions related to the business.
- Focus: The focus of Data Analytics is to assist in decision-making and strategy development which would ultimately optimize business processes, and improve performance.
- Skills: A Data Analyst should know basic programming, Python, R, and Hadoop.
- Analysis: Data Analytics works mainly on Descriptive Analysis performed on historical data to find the trends and variables and a correlation between them.
The IIM SKILLS Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course ensures that the students enrolling for the course are well prepared to take a step further into Data Science if they choose.
- MBA In Data Analytics
- Work From Home Data Analytics Jobs
- Data Analytics Courses At Coursera
- Data Analytics Courses by NIIT
- Data Analytics Courses After Graduation
- Data Analytics Courses in edX
- IBM Data Analytics Course
- Data Analytics vs Artificial Intelligence
Data Analytics Types
Data Analytics has eased the process of making sense of the data that a business can have access to, to make informed decisions. Now, every business has a different objective and goal for the analytics result. Based on this Data Analytics has been divided into different types. In this article, we take a brief look at the types, although you can get a detailed explanation and comparison in IIM Skills Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course. The following types of Data Analytics are prevalent in the industry:
- Descriptive Analytics: Analysis is done on the past data of the company with the application of statistical techniques to identify trends and variables. These trends and variables were the reasons for the product, service, and campaign’s success or failure. This analytics sets the base for taking future courses of action. Descriptive Analysis is used as a base for preparing reports and a base for data visualization.
- Diagnostic Analytics: As the term suggests, this technique is used to diagnose the anomalies in the data which are the reasons for the loss or profit.
- Predictive Analytics: In this technique, data analysts prepare models to predict future events based on past data trends. This type of analytics uses relations between different variables to forecast future events. It is also used for classification.
- Prescriptive Analytics: Data Analytic experts generally use this technique to measure the impact of the patterns and variables to forecast future events and based on that prescribe the best course of action to be taken. It also involves the use of machine learning, complex computational modeling, statistics, and high-end algorithm. The results help in taking informed decisions for the company with the objective of cost optimization and profit enhancement.
- Text Analytics: This technique uses machine learning, linguistics, and statistics to work on raw data comprising text. This is generally used to analyze product performance, customer behavior, and opinions.
- Spatial Analytics: The raw data of this type comprises geographic and location-based data. It uncovers patterns related to geographic features like disaster warnings, urban planning, astronomy, and health care.
- Time Series Analytics: The raw data in this type of Analytics is covered at definite time intervals, measured over a long-time span. It captures the trends relating to changes in trends over a period of time. Structured data is a must for this. It is used for forecasting weather changes, stock price trends, and many others.
- Web Analytics: This type of analytics is used for digital marketing to analyze customer behavior on websites. It is part of Customer Relationship Management and tracks, reviews, and analyzes their behavior related. The results are used to make informed decisions when promoting a product or service and optimizing the marketing costs.
- Social Media Analytics: As the heading suggests, the data to be worked on is taken from the likes, dislikes, previews, retweets, and clicks of customers on social media. It works on predicting the sentiments of the customer related to a brand and its products and the influence of campaigns and innovations on customers.
Methods in Data Analytics
This section gives the prospective students a measure to compare IIM Skills Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course, based on the inclusion of the methods used in Data Analytics:
- Regression Analysis: In this method the relation between a dependent variable is measured with independent variable/s. The goal is to analyze the factors influencing the dependent variables and the interaction of it with other factors. It is generally used to envision the price of a product and the factors influencing it.
- Descriptive Analysis: In this method with the use of mean, median, mode, standard deviations, and other statistical methods the events are analyzed from the past data and forecast their impact on future events.
- Factor Analysis: The method is used to find out common patterns which are known as factors. These factors can generally go unnoticed, thus, to reduce the set of variables in a data and to analyze the hidden trends this method is used.
- Inferential Analytics: When the population for analysis is huge, then analysts use a smaller set as the representative and make inferences based on the results of it.
- Time Series Analytics: The most commonly used method in this is Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA). In this method, certain time points in a long span of time period of data are set to configure the patterns.
- Cluster Analysis: In this method from the raw data set groups are made depending on the similarity in following trends and patterns. They occur naturally and are not predefined. This helps in managing the data set more efficiently.
- Machine Learning: In this method, Artificial Intelligence is used predominantly to build algorithm models for analyzing data. The clustering, classification, and detection of variables is done with minimum human intervention.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): When the data is in the form of spoken, written, and text responses then to analyze this set Natural Language Processing method is applied. The data set is the response of customers towards a product, service, and any event.
- Principal Component Analysis: In this method, the larger dimensional data set variables are converted into smaller dimensional datasets, while keeping the original variance preserved. This is the most popular method used for Multivariate Data Analytics.
- A/B Testing: In this method, two variables are compared to check which performs better on a given metric. It is the most prevalent method used to improve web marketing strategies.
- Data Analytics Course Fee
- Data Analyst Skills
- Scope of Data Analytics In India
- Data Analyst Career
- Free Data Analytics Courses
IIM Skills Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course
A Data Analytics Course gives a student the opportunity to learn the latest methods and practices which are currently used in the industries. The IIM Skills Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course is a testimony to the same, which an individual can have a brief look at from the details given in this section.
Brief Overview of IIM Skills and SWAYAM:
Before indulging in the IIM Skills Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course details, let’s have a look at both institutions:
IIM SKILLS was started in 2015 by Vaibhav Kakkar as an ed-tech website with its first Content Writing course. The program garnered major success and almost had 1 million views, which led to the foundation of other successful training courses in finance, data science, marketing, content writing, and other multiple domains. A strong group of more than 120 expert trainers has to date trained more than 35000 students. The institute has marked its presence in 23 cities not only in India but in Dubai and Singapore too.
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds or Swayam is a Government of India initiative which started on 9th July 2017 and was launched by former President Shri Pranab Mukherjee. The motive behind this learning platform was to provide education to everyone, anywhere and anytime. There are approximately 2150 courses conducted on the platform in more than 5 local languages. The courses are in subjects for students starting from class 9th till Post Graduation. The SWAYAM Massive Open Online Courses are available globally. SWAYAM PRABHA is the educational DTH Channel which the body started in 2017 with many courses recorded on various subjects.
IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course Details:
The details of IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics course, fees, and eligibility criteria are as follows:
|Duration||6 months||3 months|
|Fees||Rs.49900||Course is free of cost.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree|
Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and computers
Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and computers
- Business Analytics Courses in Doha
- Data Analyst Courses After Graduation
- Data Analytics Courses in Udaipur
- IIM SKILLS vs Imarticus Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Digital Vidya Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs Simplilearn Data Analytics Course
- IIM SKILLS vs ISB Data Analytics Course
IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course Curriculum:
Before one decided to enroll in any Data Analytics course it is very important to do a thorough research about the course contents and credibility of the institution, as the final certificate of completion is a steppingstone for the students in the business world. Here is a brief overview of the syllabus of IIM Skills Vs Swayam Data Analytics Course to get a better idea of what will be taught during the training period.
|Data Analytics Using Alteryx|
IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course Features:
The final factor in choosing a course is the advantages and strength of the course over the courses provided by other institutions. To assist students in making their choice, here is a list of strengths of the IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course:
IIM SKILLS: the Strengths of the Data Analytics Course Are as:
- The training includes 10 case studies and 7 live projects with renowned industries.
- Post completing the training, students have the option of joining a 2-month internship program with the institute. The students get practical knowledge in the class, and assistance with problem-solving. This ensures that the students are well prepared for further job placements.
- Since the trainers and mentors are industry experts, students have the opportunity to interact with the live and have doubt solving and guidance sessions.
- The students are given lifetime access to the Learning Management System (LMS) which is stored all the course material, video recordings, and all recordings of the tool usage instructions.
- The institute offers 100% assistance in resume building, soft skills building, and full placement support.
Swayam: the Main Features of This Government Run Platform Are as Follows:
- The course is conducted in partnership with the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, which is a well renowned Engineering College, currently ranking at 8th position in India.
- The Data Analytics application are the ones that are used currently in the industry.
- The course teaches the application of Data Analytics in the workplace and also in life too.
- The course is approved by AICTE.
- The National Coordinators of the course are National Program of Technology Enhanced Learning (NPEL), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commision (UGC), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOUS), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), and NITTR.
- The students can learn at their own pace and convenient time.
- The students have to build analytical models from scratch on their own thus, giving them hands on experience.
- Data Analytics Consultant
- Data Analytics Companies In India
- Data Analytics Courses on LinkedIn
- Data Analytics Courses With Python
- Data Analytics Examples
IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course Certificate:
As the certificate awarded after the completion of the course bears the organizations and bodies accrediting them, thus, it is very important to ascertain before deciding to join any course. IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course offers certificates that have the following organizations accrediting it:
- The certificate awarded by IIM Skills after the course is accredited by MSME and CDAM government institutions.
- SWAYAM being a government body is governed by the Ministry of Education and approved by AICTE. Any student who wishes to get a certificate has to pay Rs.1000 and appear for an evaluation test. Once the student clears the test, the certificate is awarded to him/her.
IIM SKILLS Vs SWAYAM Data Analytics Course Website:
To sum up this article in brief, Data Analytics has revolutionized the world with its ability to find out hidden trends and patterns that companies were not able to figure out. Business Intelligence was coined after the innovation of the methods of Data Analytics. There has been a significant rise in the Internet of Things(IoT) devices, which are helping businesses track trends and patterns in vast areas, leading to a number of new innovations and developments. With this growing demand for Data Analytics, parallelly is the growth for Data Analytics Experts also growing. Any aspiring candidate with the help of credible training can get an edge over the others in this highly competitive field.
IIM Skills has taken the forefront in this field with its comprehensive, extensive curriculum and experts as mentors and trainers. The course material is versatile, practical, and in alignment with industry practices. The practical approach helps the students be well prepared for the challenges in the Data Analytics field.
SWAYAM on the other hand offers courses that are free, the training is self paced and is accessible wherever and whenever it is convenient for the learners. The credibility of the institute is evident from the fact that it is governed by nine government educational bodies.
Finally the decision of choosing lies with the individual’s preference, affordability, and convenience. As both the institutes have excellent trainers imparting training, the students can be well assured that their future is in secure hands.
Q. What is Data Analytics and why is it important in today’s world?
Data Analytics is a field of science that collects raw data and studies trends and patterns to come to meaningful conclusions related to past events and forecasting. In today’s business scenario, Data Analytics has helped to arrive at results in real time which reduces the time to make informed decisions, that directly are related to cost optimization and enhancement of profit. Data Analytics has been means of innovation in various fields and the discovery of new business opportunities.
Q. What soft skills are required to become a Data Analyst?
To become a successful Data Analyst, one should have an affinity for mathematics, statistics and a keen interest in computers. As the field requires identifying trends and patterns, one should develop the skill of giving attention to fine details. Along with good communication skills, an aspiring data analyst should also be creative.
Q. What are the career opportunities after completing a Data Analytics Course?
Data Analytics is being adopted by many industries like finance, healthcare, telecommunication, retail, manufacturing, and other industries. Thus, there are ample job opportunities available. A fresher may join as a data analyst, business analyst, or a marketing analyst.