Data analytics courses have gained a lot of attention among professionals and students not only in New York but around the globe. So, what is data analytics? Data analytics is a process of accumulating and analyzing data sets to enhance the business. In today’s digital world, with constantly changing market dynamics, it is important to study and understand the data sets to ascertain future results and take the business to the next level. If you are trying your luck in data analytics courses in New York, then check out what this course comprises before jumping on to the list of top data analytics courses in New York.
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is a technique of scrutinizing data to make a conclusion about any business’ data set, which further assists businesses in making a plan that can help them take their profits to the next level. The outcomes that are provided by the data experts after observing the data become insights, on which a lot of brainstorming and discussions are done.
It also involves logic and algorithms which further require hands-on tools such as MS Excel, reporting tools, data programs, and a lot more. For instance, if a company is looking to improve user experience more enriched then it is the duty of data analysts to understand the user behavior and factors that have degraded the user experience in past months.
Once understood, the analyst shares the observation, for example – the services offered by the company are actually not helping the user, or customer executives are taking longer than usual to provide a resolution, which is the detractors. Post sharing the observation comes the role of thinking of action plans to make the experience more convenient for a user.
Now more about the advanced Digital Marketing Courses in New York
Types of Data Analytics
This course is divided into four types – Descriptive Analytics, Diagnostic Analytics, Predictive Analytics, and Prescriptive Analytics. Apart from these, statistics, mining, visualization, medical diagnosis, and forecasting, among others, also play an important part in data analytics.
The course is embedded with detailed activity so that there is no iota of doubt while sharing any findings by the analyst. Therefore, it is very important for a data analyst to examine the data correctly because any carelessness or absence of due diligence will not help the leadership to come to any conclusion.
Must check out here the best:
- Data Analytics Courses in Australia
- Data Analytics Courses in the UK
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
- Data Analytics Courses in London
- Data Analytics Courses in Canada
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
Importance of Data Analytics
Every business runs on some logic and databases, and the data is provided by Data Analysts. Therefore, data analysts play a vital role in an organization in providing deep insights about the defaulters, upcoming projects to take on, and profit strategies. With the help of data analytics course, a candidate will be able to offer:
- Deep insights about business
- Enhanced approach to solving critical problems
- The right solution to the drawbacks
- Innovative market strategies
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Plan of action for business risks
Therefore, it becomes very important for data analysts to be critical of their work and have an eye for detail.
Why There’s a Demand for Data Analytics
If you tell someone in your family that the Sun rises in the West, will they agree to it? Wouldn’t they ask for a source or facts to believe in? So, think of a business existing in a world where user experience is changing every minute, we are sitting at the edge of inflation, and rising competition, will any business take the risk of going ahead with the policies without considering the data?
Certainly not, so here data analytics comes to the rescue as it helps the organizations understand their users’ demand, how to save cost, how they can improve product quality, and a lot more. For example- if any product is not working amid a particular set of users, then data analysts – with the help of their tools and techniques – examine the data set and offer conclusions as per their observations.
Further to this, the leadership understands it and takes their suggestions on how they can improve it and what are the detractors or promotors. This further includes inspecting, cleansing, and modeling data for a refined strategic approach.
Explore more about the in-demand:
- Data Analytics Courses in Zambia
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
- Data Analytics Courses in Germany
- Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon
- Data Analytics Courses in Leeds
- Data Analytics Courses in Qatar
Are Data Science and Data Analytics the Same?
Before, you take a plunge on this course, it is very important for you to understand your area of interest well. As many of the students confuse this course with Data Science. Therefore, it is very important to understand that Data Analytics and Data Science are different courses.
They do have one thing in common which is Data. Both courses revolve around data, the only difference is that Data Analytics focuses more on providing solutions to the current problems, whereas the latter provides a more concentrated approach to ascertaining the future goals of the organization.
Things you should consider before opting for data analytics courses in New York
- Course Fee – Before opting for any course, it is imperative for a candidate to compare the course fee structure with the other universities to understand which one fits into the budget while keeping in mind the study material. At times, the course structure for the majority of the universities is similar, but the cost differs. Therefore, due diligence is important while selecting any course.
- Mode of course – A lot of institutes provide an offline mode of study, whereas there are colleges that host online classes on weekends or weekdays. Online classes are usually considered an ideal form of study for those who are looking to switch careers while pursuing the existing one. Whereas offline studies are for students who have sufficient time to spend on the course, therefore, it is advised to choose the mode of course intelligently.
- Certification – When it comes to selecting data analytics courses in New York, keep a check on the certification that the institute provides. The certification program will help you get a decent job. Some organizations consider certification from preferred universities, so, make sure that you are getting a certificate from a reputed university.
- Internship or placements – Once you have done your research on course free, mode of study, and certification, the last step before finalizing data analytics courses in New York is to check if the stipulated university includes placement or internship or not. This helps enhance your career portfolio and makes it easy for you to get your first job.
Now, that we have understood what data analytics exactly is, it is the right time to delve deeper into the list of top data analytics courses in New York.
You may also be interested in:
- Data Analytics Courses in New Zealand
- Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow
- Data Analytics Courses in Kenya
- Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
- Data Analytics Courses in Hong Kong
- Data Analytics Courses in New Jersey
Top 4 Data Analytics Courses in New York
New York is a bustling and dense city and is considered a haven for many tech and data companies. In the constantly changing business environment, experts rely more on facts and data, New York being the hub of such corporate tycoons is the right place to start with the course. So, if you are also thinking of learning data analytics, take a look at the top 10 data analytics courses in New York:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the leading institutes that offer a variety of skills-related courses for graduates and professionals. What makes this established institute popular among other universities providing data analytics courses in New York? Read on to learn the benefits, course free, and study structure of data analytics courses at IIM SKILLS in New York.
Course Name: Master Data Analytics Course
Course Fee: 609.98 USD
6 months live data analytics course
160 hours lecture, 10+ case studies, training via 7+tools
Certification: Data analytics master certification from IIM SKILLS
Recruiting companies: Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle and IBM
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Data Analytics Course Review
The course is meticulously designed to teach the basics of data analytics and strengthen the foundation skills of students. The course covers data analysis via Advance Excel, VBA, SQL, Power BI, Python-1, Python-2, Alteryx, and Tableau.
The added advantage of this online course is that it is easy to take up for already working professionals, who are looking to switch their domain, without leaving the current role. With Top-notch companies in the recruitment list, it’s a wonderful opportunity to give a push to your careers.
- Noble Desktop
Noble Desktop is a renowned giant in the academic industry of New York boasting different coding, design, data science, and other career enhancement courses. This institute is capable of offering both online and offline data analytics courses in New York depending on your requirements.
Full-time course – 6 weeks of classes on weekdays
Part-time course – 24 weeks of classes on weekend
Course Fee: 4,995 USD (installments available)
Certification: NY State-Licensed Certificate
What does the course include?
The institute has outlined a data analytics course with minute topics with detailed one-on-one class mentoring, 156 hours of classes, and further added project-based training on live classes. They have small class sizes to ensure that students get adequate attention. Apart from this, a verified digital certificate is also provided to the students at the completion of the course.
You may also want to check:
- Digital Marketing Courses in Australia
- Financial Modeling Courses in Australia
- Creative Writing Courses in Australia
- Business Analytics Courses in Australia
2. Brain Station
An eminent institute with a global presence, Brain Station’s data analytics courses in New York are furnished with detailed course guidelines and skills that empower individuals to succeed in their careers.
Brain Station was established in 2012, The institute has good contacts with over 500 instructors from the leading corporate giants who teach students about innovation and enable them to contribute to several organizations. The best part about opting for a course from Brain Station is that they have courses available for students across the globe as per their country’s time schedule.
Course Mode: Online
Ideal for: The course is ideal for those who are keen on upscaling their existing skills.
Certificate: Professional Certificate from Brain Station
Skills to Learn: Analysis Strategy, Data Problem Solving, Data Collection, Data Cleaning and Advance Excel
Look for the other best options:
- Financial Modeling Courses in London
- Financial Modeling Courses in Kenya
- Investment Banking Courses in Switzerland
- Investment Banking Courses in Germany
- Investment Banking Courses in Colombia
Simplilearn is an online portal that offers extensive online courses on data analytics in New York. With experienced teachers in the panel, students will get the knack of how to use data and examine it for the business. The course is exclusively in collaboration with IBM – one of the largest and renowned cloud platform companies, headquartered in Armonk, New York City.
Course Fee: 1499 USD
Perks of joining the course: Access to IBM Cloud portals that host other software
Recognized Data Analyst Certificate from Simplilearn and IBM
IBM Cloud credits worth USD 1200, which can be used for hands-on exposure
4. NYIM Training
Established in 1998, NYIM Training is a well-known name in the education industry. They specialize in offering professional courses that enhance an individual’s skills and provide a career path. Further to this, they have been providing corporate training in New York.
Currently, the institute is providing data analytics courses in New York for beginners. The course is available in both online and offline modes, hence becomes easy to choose at your convenience.
The study material will majorly revolve around different methods that can help a candidate evaluate data and become a pro data analyst. Apart from analyzing data with the help of tools – SQL, MS Excel, and Tableau, the participants will be trained on how to use Excel to analyze data and present it with the help of graphs.
Key points to consider: It is a beginner course, therefore, participants with zero to little knowledge of data analytics can easily pick this course. With flexible timings, it becomes a certain choice for many professionals with career switches in mind.
Fee: 1,949 USD
Class Hours: 51 hours
Tips To Consider Before Opting for Data Analytics Courses in New York
- Understand your interest- When choosing a data analytics course, it is crucial for the candidate to understand his/her respective interests. There are different collaterals under the umbrella of data analytics and thus, it is imperative to have a clear idea about choosing the right domain for yourself. For instance, do you want to become a data scientist in order to help your organization in making business-related decisions or do you want to become an expert in industry application? The course is vast with a huge range of possibilities so you have to choose it wisely.
- Read the course content – Once you have understood your key interests, and start shortlisting a course, the next challenge that you might face is to which course to opt for. Therefore, it is highly recommended by experts to evaluate the courses. Shortlist at least five institutes and then start comparing the courses that they provide. Always opt for a course that entails key topics in data analytics, such as data collection, cleansing of data, statistical analysis, machine learning, and data visualization. Post course finalization, check if the selected institute is also providing any internship or real-time project training as such real-time examples help boost your confidence.
- Certification and reliability – Never choose a course from an institute that does not provide any certification. Always choose a reliable institute with a good presence in the market. Some organizations prefer hiring candidates who are certified by the selected universities and that might help in getting a good salary package too. Therefore, it is crucial to check if the institute is reputed and recognized.
- Check Alumni testimonials- Once you cross all the above-mentioned steps, it is time to take a final look at the testimonials provided by the previous candidates of the university. You must be thinking how can these testimonials help? But, it is somehow a way to check whether the courses provided by the college are actually helping people in getting jobs or not. We all are striving to get decent jobs through the course so it is ideal to check testimonials and placements provided by the university.
How To Choose the Right Domain in Data Analytics
Choosing the right domain is truly a candidate’s discretion as it depends on the interest. As we know, the corporate industry is becoming more data-driven day by day and therefore, it won’t be wrong to say that data analysts are much in demand than ever. Industries such as media, finance, healthcare, corporate services, and software services run on data-driven facts.
Therefore, it is highly suggested to first check your area of interest and then see if the industry that you are planning to embark on your journey with has any demand for data analysts or not, and if yes, then what’s the pay scale? Industries, where data plays a major role, will help you get good work and a portfolio. Therefore, choose your industry wisely.
How to Become a Data Analyst in New York
If you are someone who is a genius in numbers and can play a lot around it with, of course, solid facts and findings, then data analytics is a good-to-go course for you. All you need to do is to strengthen your basic education on how data works. Once you get a hands-on foundational course structure and you become familiar with the type of tools used in it, you start to get a decent idea of how this data analytics works. So, here’s the checklist to follow to become a data analyst in New York:
- Work on real-time projects – To become a successful data analyst, it is paramount that you know how to use data analytics tools and techniques. And, how will you get the expertise on the tools? Have you ever wondered about that? Practice is the only way through which you can get a hand on data. Getting real-time projects can help you understand the challenges and requirements that this task requires. By picking real-time projects, you start to become more critical of your work and focus on upscaling your skills day by day. This can happen only when you are critical of your work, have an eye for details, can think creatively, and can play around with numbers.
- Get a grip on tools and techniques – After getting hands-on tools and techniques, the next role that comes into the picture is how to visualize data and how to present it to the leadership. Having a critical mindset and interpersonal skills are a must in this course as your critical thinking and ability to present facts will take you forward. Therefore, practice is the only key to elevate your thinking and career. Once you know how to do it, then communication automatically comes to you, and delivering what you work on becomes easier.
- Develop a portfolio – Before getting a job, what does it exactly take to get a job as a data analyst in New York? What will you show or how will you gain the confidence of a recruiter that you are the best at your job? For that, you will have to build a portfolio. Now, how to build a portfolio for a data analytics job? You can start your own project or pick freelancing courses in order to demonstrate it to your future company.
How To Secure a Good Job After Doing Data Analytics Courses
To secure a good job as a data analyst, you must consider the following things:
- Focus on gaining skills – Start picking up short-term courses and focus on obtaining certifications in areas such as data visualization and machine learning etc. so that you can be easily distinguished among other candidates.
- Strong network- In today’s times, the network plays a vital role in getting a decent job. Try and connect with people from different organizations and industries, which will ultimately help you understand market dynamics and get a job.
- Interview preparations- Now that you have got everything about data analytics, start looking for a job. To get a decent job, you have to research a lot about the company for which are trying and make yourself prepared for everything that they deal with. Start watching online videos on how to give an interview for data analytics.
The world is going crazy about data and even a single fact is not trusted by individuals like us until it is backed by data. In these hard times, organizations want to make sure that the business policies and decisions are designed in a way that they can foster the business and understand what is trending and what types of products and services are liked by the clients, data analysts play a major role here. Therefore, choose your course wisely and after understanding all the nitty-gritty.
Q1. Is data analytics popular in the USA?
A1. Yes, data analytics is a much-in-demand course not only in the US but across various countries. Even the jobs are much in demand.
Q2. Should you consider doing a master’s in data analytics?
A2. Masters in data analysis usually takes two years. The course is more detailed as compared to the normal intermediary course. Therefore, plan it accordingly.
Q3. Is investment banking an in-demand job?
Yes, it is one of the most in-demand career options.