With the rise of the digital marketing era, the demand for creative writers has seen a surge, and as we all know that Bangalore is the Technological Hub of India, therefore there is a great demand for creative writing courses in Bangalore. Creative writing is something that hardly needs any emphasis these days. It is because of the aggressiveness of the field of writing that it holds nowadays, and creative writing holds a mirror of writing by being completely honest and unfiltered.
Many times people get confused about the terms creative writing and technical writing. Creative writing is much different than technical writing, we will learn about their difference as well further in this article. So, let’s begin with the guide on a list of the top 7 creative writing courses in Bangalore, online as well as offline.
Creative writing is a format of writing that goes beyond the bounds of traditional domains of professional, technical and academic writing. Instead, it comprehends several various genres and styles of writing in both the fields of fiction and non-fiction writing. It is predominantly identified by its insistence on narrative craft, literary tropes, and emphasis on elements like character development, plot, and narrative.
What Are the Different Types of Creative Writing?
Following are some of the most common types of creative writing:
- Novel- A novel is an originated prose narrative of notable length and convolution that deals insightfully with human experience. Its roots can be copied back thousands of years, but its origin in English is generally placed in the 18th century. It is usually written with a word count of 80000 – 100000 words.
- Memoir/ Autobiography– It is a series of anecdotes of a person’s life written by himself. It is a kind of narrative writing based on the author’s memories.
- Poetry- It is literature that elicits an intense creative awareness of an episode or a certain emotional response through language which is chosen and arranged for its sound, meaning, and rhythm. A poem often has rhythmic qualities and may not follow a narrative structure.
- Short Story– A short story has a fully developed thread but is considerably shorter than a novel. It is a compact imaginal literal narrative that can even get completed in one sitting, unlike a novel that requires multiple sitting to complete.
- Screenplay– It is a written text that forms the understructure for film production. It generally includes not only the colloquy spoken by the characters but also a scene-by-scene silhouette of the film’s action.
What is The Scope of Creative Writing?
It is a very common question nowadays as a significant proportion of the population is taking up creative writing as a career. If you are someone who is passionate about sales and marketing then creative writing is a career for you. One of the most crucial perquisites of being a creative writer is excellent monetary returns.
Some may wonder that it is quite an easy task to become a creative writer but it is not an easy task as it requires your utmost passion and due diligence. Being a creative writer is not a child’s play, it is an inventive work and therefore only those who truly want to become writers should step into this field.
However, when we talk about creative writing, it is also important that you must do it from a recognized institute for better professional training, knowledge, and better work opportunities. Several top institutes are offering creative writing courses in Bangalore, thus making it a lucrative career option for several Bangaloreans.
Here you will find the other most opted courses in Bangalore
- Content Writing Courses in Bangalore
- Digital Marketing Courses in Bangalore
- Technical Writing Courses in Bangalore
- GST Certification Courses in Bangalore
- SEO Courses in Bangalore
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Bangalore
- Financial Modeling Courses in Bangalore
Following is a List of The Top 7 Creative Writing Courses in Bangalore:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the largest online educational institutes across Asia, founded by Mr. Vaibhav Kakkar. It provides several online courses such as digital marketing, content writing, finance programs, technical coaching, etc. IIM SKILLS is one of the top online institutes offering creative writing courses in Bangalore as well as worldwide.
Its creative writing course is known as the “Content Writing Course“, which has a special emphasis on creative writing. IIM SKILLS delivers training online, so anyone can apply from anywhere. IIM SKILLS has a reach of around 35 countries across the world and has trained more than 15000 people.
Details of the Course:
Duration: The total length of the course is 4 months, including 4 weeks i.e. 20 hours of live training that is conducted online in a classroom-like environment by expert professionals, and a 3-month internship(optional) which provides practical knowledge and aids the student to implement their practical knowledge into the given assignments.
2. Instructor: Vaibhav Kakkar
3. Modules: The course is divided into 12 modules. During the course, you will learn several skills like publishing a book, SEO, flyers, WordPress, infographics, emailers, and many more.
4. Tools: IIM SKILLS teaches you how to use several kinds of tools during the course, each tool helps you in some way or the other. IIM SKILLS also offers free tools worth 35000.
5. Certifications: After the completion of the course, the students will get IIM SKILLS & Preparation For HubSpot Content Marketing Certification (USA) & (TOLES) Test of Legal English Centre Cambridge (United Kingdom).
6. Fees: The fee for the content writing course is Rs. 14900+ 18%GST. The course is worth every penny.
IIM SKILLS offers you practical as well as professional knowledge. At the beginning of the internship, the students are asked whether they would like to take up a full-time job in the future or if they would like to work as a freelancer.
According to their preferences, each student is trained differently, and by the end of the course, those who would like to take up jobs are trained on how to get employed as professionals, and freelancers are trained on how to pitch and prospect their clients.
Must check out the best Creative Writing Courses in India
2. Anita’s Attic
Anita’s Attic is one of the top creative writing courses in Bangalore which is conducted and compiled by one of the most renowned authors in India Mrs. Anita Nair. Her most celebrated books are A Better Man and Lessons in Forgetting. Anita’s Attic conducts an annual workshop every year in Bangalore. Anita’s Attic is a united setup between author Anita Nair and a digital agency named *conditionsapply, in Bangalore.
The creative writing course is conducted online and you have to apply for the course online.
Details of the Course:
Duration: The duration of the course is 12 days spread over 12 weeks, and each session is of 5 hours. The whole course will be conducted online under the mentorship of Anita Nair and the students will get one-on-one mentoring sessions.
2. Address: 1st Floor, No.63, 3rd Main, behind Divine Care Multispecialty Hospital, Anjanappa Layout, Kothanur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560077
3. Fees: The fee for the course is Rs 85000.
Each session of Anita’s Attic has only 12 participants. Several people apply for the course but only 12 are selected. Only those who are truly passionate about writing and becoming something in the field get selected. This course is one of a kind, here you will learn from experts in the industry.
In the course, the participants will learn various styles and genres of writing such as screenplay, poetry, novels, short stories, and many more. The students will also learn about social media promotions on their social media pages. The participants have to be 18 years or older to apply for the course.
Interested people can visit the website of Anita’s Attic to know more.
Inventateq is a Software training institute that offers 100% guaranteed job placement in Bangalore. It is an Online Marketing Technology company that provides creative writing courses in Bangalore and is also engaged in providing job training for all kinds of Internet Marketing courses that are used in the real-life job environment. The name of their creative writing course is a content writing training course. Inventaeq provides online as well as classroom training.
Details of the Course:
- Duration: The course is stretched over 30-35 hrs of training classes conducted on weekdays as well as weekends (according to the participant’s preference).
- Location: The course is conducted at the on-site locations of Inventateq in Bangalore.
- Pre-requisites: The prerequisites to join Inventateq are that the candidate should either be a graduate or a web developer.
The content writing course by Inventateq provides basic knowledge of content writing to the learners. It also provides training on how to answer interview questions, along with the course training. It has a free placement assistance program.
To know more visit the official website of Inventateq.
Also Read: Creative Writing Courses in Kolkata
4. Bangalore’s Writers Workshop
Banglore’s creative workshop provides one of the best creative writing courses in Bangalore which is conducted in the form of a workshop. It was founded in the year 2011 by Bhumika Anand and in 2014 Rhea Mukherjee joined it and became the co-founder. They follow a method of a workshop by conducting sessions with small batches of 10. Their course on creative writing is known as BWW Classic. The workshop is conducted online as well as offline.
The Details of the Course Are:
- Duration: The duration of the course is 8 weeks, conducted either on Saturdays or Sundays for 3 hours.
- Eligibility: The applicant must be 18 years or above.
- Address: #737, 3rd Floor, Kheny Plaza, 2nd cross, Chinmaya Mission Hospital Rd, Binnamangala, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038.
- Fees: The fee for the course is Rs 20000 inclusive of 18% GST.
The participants should learn before applying for the course that they would have read and write a lot. Bangalore’s writer’s workshop works on the idea of constructive criticism and believes that critiques are a very important part of writing. Their 3 basic principles are: read, write, and criticize. This course is majorly targeted at beginners and intermediate writers. To enroll in the course, there is an application process to index the severity of intent and creative competency of the applicant.
To know more visit the official website of Bangalore’s Writers Workshop.
Coursera is again one of the renowned platforms that offer excellent training programs. They offer a wide range of extensive courses that encompasses all aspects of creative writing. They also provide creative writing courses in Bangalore with multiple options available. In this course, the participants are taught nuances that are linked with writing.
In this course, the participants will learn how to practically experiment and assess the trends and at the same time curate content for various projects while strictly sticking with the industry standards. The participants will also learn about how to create various types of Content. Coursera is a hub of courses where you find a number of tutors who are professionals in their domains, so choosing Coursera to learn creative writing will be a great choice as you will be taught by professionals.
Recommended Read: Creative Writing Courses in Chennai
6. Online Idea Lab
Online Idea Lab is an advanced digital marketing course provider and an advertising service provider, based in Bangalore. It provides one of the top creative writing courses in Bangalore. It has 3 courses on creative writing, apart from various other courses it offers. One is creative writing 101, another one is Creative writing foundation, and the last one is Creative writing advance. In this article, we will discuss creative writing 101.
Details of the Course:
- Duration: The duration of the course is 12 hours over 6 days. It will be a live course, but the recording of the sessions is available.
- Mode of Training: Currently due to the pandemic all the courses are available online.
- Address: Online Idea Lab, 3rd Floor, Tanya Towers, Kempapura, Hebbal, Bangalore-560024
- Fees: The course will cost you Rs 1999
In this course, the students will learn the fundamentals of grammar, types of creative writing, the difference between proofreading and editing, and many more. Creative writing 101 is the first level of the creative writing course, to learn more, the participants can enroll in the next level courses of creative writing by Online Idea Lab. In the end, participants will also receive certificates. A live interactive Q&A session is held every week for the students The students will also get 6 months of access to all live batches.
To get more course details visit the website of Online Idea Lab.
Udemy is a MOOC (massive open online course) provider, that is aimed at students and adults. It is a worldwide ed-tech platform that also provides creative writing courses in Bangalore. Currently, Udemy has 54million+ learners, 204K+courses, and 71K+ instructors, and the courses are taught in 75 languages. In this course, the students are taught the 4 genres of creative writing.
Details of the Course:
- Duration: The duration of the course is 12 hours. In this course, the participants will get 12 hours of on-demand videos.
- Mode of Training: The course is taught online.
- Instructor: Trace Crawford
- Fees: The fee for the course is Rs 389.
In this course, the participants will be provided with 43 video lessons, 37 review quizzes, notes, graphics, and assignments. The participants will learn how to apply writing techniques, examine a horde of writing concepts related to their writing, assess the positives and negatives of writing projects, and fabricate benchmarked examples of an array of writing styles.
To get more details visit the website of Udemy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 Are creative writing courses in Bangalore worth it?
Creative writing courses are worth it because, in the course, the participants learn the various genres and styles of writing, which will help them to improve their writing, and will also help them to look into various new ideas with other fellow writers. Creative writing courses help you focus on creativity, the art of writing, and gaining proficiency in the areas of journalism or blogging. To learn creative writing, you can join different types of classes such as online classes, in-person writing classes, and self-study writing classes.
Q.2 What qualifications do you need to be a creative writer?
To be a creative writer one should have the following qualification:
- Crucial reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Growth perspective.
- Rudimentary computer skills.
- A degree in communication, writing, journalism, language, or any other relevant.
- Potency and the competency to accept constructive criticism.
- Attestation of writing experience and works published.
Q.3 How to start my creative writing career?
To start your creative writing career, you should follow the subsequent steps:
- Comprehend Your Subject: Once you have read books by various authors and have made an idea about different writing styles, then you have to make a choice about which writing styles appeal to you the most.
- Understand Your Target Audience: The next step is to know to whom will your writing will be targeted whether it will be kids, teens, or adults. Depending on the reader the writing style, description, outcomes, and languages vary.
- Take Up an Online Course: Search for online creative writing courses which suit your budget and other requirements. You can also take up an offline course. You can also refer to the above list of creative writing courses in Bangalore.
- Edit and Rewrite: Editing and rewriting are crucial parts of being a creative writer. When the writer writes for the first time, it is good, but when he/she reads it again and edits it by removing grammar mistakes, that is known as editing and rewriting. It is important because it helps the writer polish his piece of work.
- Write constantly: Even when you are not working on any project, you must not stop writing, one should write something every day.
- Pursue a degree: Although it is not mandatory for creative writers to have a degree, it is generally preferable.
Q4. What type of writing is most in demand?
Following is a list of writing which is most demand:
- Article Writing: This is probably the most common type of writing and perhaps the first thing that pops into people’s minds while thinking about writing. This includes writing for magazines/ newspapers and is probably the most conventional type of writing, and writing for websites, in the modern era of digitalization there is a high demand for writers to write for websites.
- Copy/ Content Writing: Content writing is the king of digital marketing in the areas of business. This led to a great surge in the demand for content writers in the market.
- Social Media Content Creation: We all are presently living in the age of social media where everyone is bringing their businesses on social media. Social media has been converted into a global marketplace.
Q.5 What is the salary of creative writers in Bangalore?
After pursuing creative writing courses in Bangalore, the average salary a creative writer gets in Bangalore is RS 4.2 LPA. The salary of writers increases with experience. People with more experience receive a much high pay scale. In the field of creative writing, everyone earns differently those who want regular income and have taken up jobs earn differently than those who work as freelancers. Freelancers can earn as high as crores depending upon their network. Generally, they charge Rs 8000-10000 per article.
Q.6 What are the top colleges to pursue a career in writing?
The top colleges to pursue a career in writing are:
- IIM Skills
- Khalsa College, Amritsar
- Gurucharan College, Silchar
- Nirmal Haloi College, Baperta
- Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication, New Delhi
- Xaviers Institute of Communications, Mumbai
After gaining enough knowledge about the top creative writing courses in Bangalore, you must have decided to enroll in your favorite one. Each of the courses listed above has excellent programs, but you should select the one that fulfills your needs and industry demands. Creative writing is a skill that you can easily develop with practice, but the right guidance plays the most important role here. And these courses will guide you through this. It is one of the most opted fields as the creative sector is continuously developing. You can leverage the opportunity to make a rewarding career for yourself by becoming a part of one of these excellent courses. So without wasting any time, pick up your ideal course and get into it to start your journey in the creative field.