6 Best Business Analytics Courses in Singapore
Business analysis is a major milestone to examine the growth of every business. It helps to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems. Solutions include software system development which also consists of process improvement, organizational change, or strategic planning. If you want to become a professional business analyst, learn from the best business analytics courses in Singapore listed in this article.
Business analysis is a discipline that includes requirement analysis or sometimes referred to as requirements engineering. It focuses on understanding a business and its requirements, its strategic directions, and identifying initiatives that will help the business to meet its demand.
Business Intelligence, a subset of the Business Analytics field plays an essential role in utilizing various tools and techniques such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to predict and implement new insights into day-to-day operations in a business.
- It helps to create and maintain a business architecture
- Business analysis conducts feasibility studies
- Data Analysis
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Conducting the initial risk assessment
Thus, it brings together the field of business management and computing to get good results. These values and inputs are then used to remodel business procedures to generate business models to generate more efficiency and to build a productive system. Business analytics courses in Singapore are considered to be one of the best choices for candidates as Singapore is becoming a technology-driven economy.
Scope of Business Analytics in Today’s Era
Business Analytics is defined as the statistical study of business data which helps business organizations to focus and redirect toward their goals to be achieved in a period set by each management. It helps in making vital decisions by management. A general business analytics process may include Data Collection, Data Mining, Sequence Identification, Text Mining, Forecasting, Predictive Analysis, Optimization, and Data visualization.
Every business produces a considerable amount of data in specific ways. It gives the benefits of statistical methods and technologies to analyze past data. This helps the business to uncover new opportunities related to business areas which help the business to take strategic decisions for the future. It has been applied to a wide variety of applications used as per Industry standards.
Technologies have been used to measure the efficiency of each business since the beginning. The rise of the internet and information technology has further boosted the growth of business analysis in each segment. Automation has played a significant role in managing and performing multiple tasks with a large amount of data within a big organization.
Which Universities and Colleges to Attend in Singapore?
Singapore higher education offers a wide range of courses to both local and international students. Private universities offer different pathways for getting admitted to universities as exchange programs with overseas universities.
Masters in Singapore: Eligibility, Salary, and Universities To Apply?
A career in Business Analytics in Singapore as a Senior-level business analyst is in especially high demand, a business analyst’s salary could range from SGD$ 85,000 to SGD$1,20,000. Being a Master’s in something which will help to change the company’s perspective with your analysis brings a change. The basic educational qualification for applying Master’s in Singapore
- Bachelor’s degree with good honors in business, economics, Computing, Mathematics, Engineering, and science of statistics.
- If you do not have a degree in Business Analysts at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Overseas degree holders require a good quantitative GRE/GMAT score. Strong basics in Mathematics.
- Universities will weigh all the credentials of the candidates.
Singapore needs a Business Analyst in all the emerging industries as Singapore has always been an island city with development and technology demands as all of 2023 and the years coming ahead.
Top 6 Business Analytics Courses in Singapore
1. Nanyang Technological University
Course: MSc. Business Analytics (On Campus) 1 Year Duration
Tuition Fees: SGD 34,755 /Year
The MSBA aims to equip professionals with business analytical skills that will meet the requirement of the industry. It helps to meet the growing demands of companies looking to improve their operations which helps in data analytics. Learning Business analytics courses in Singapore will boost your career. The course is designed and taught by industry-experienced professionals with real case studies and illustrations required to solve problems in a business.
- Students will get practical experience in excel functions
- The MSBA program increases the connection to the industry even being a student.
- Students and graduates can interact with and learn from experienced leaders to enhance their knowledge of business analytics
- This program helps the students to use excel functions, data-driven techniques, and tools to understand complex business analytic programs
Why this program?
- Being one of the world’s highest-ranked master’s programs in Digital Analytics, it helps to give a deep understanding of machine learning and big data
- Getting the best business program that combines both business and operations with deep knowledge of Artificial intelligence
- One of the best Business Analytics Courses in Singapore
- Getting hands-on experience with industrial analytics projects aimed at solving real-life problems
- Artificial Intelligence and Big data in Business
- Advanced Database Management
- Advanced Programme
- Analytics and Machine learning in Business
- Analytics Strategy
- Data Analytics
- Data Management and Visualization
- Foundation of Statistical Analytics
- Programming essentials
- Time series for Business Analytics
- Finance and Insurance Analytics
- Design thinking and Technology Management
- Data Analytics for credit and Related Risk
- Information Systems & ERP (SAP)
- Machine Learning Methodology
- Operations and Analytics
The MSc in Business Analytics program at Nanyang Business School offers a unique curriculum, shaped by leading industry officials.
Top 10 Job Openings as
- Data Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Budgeting and Financial controller
Also Check: Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
2. Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
Course: Business Analytics for Strategic Decisions
Course Duration: 1-year Duration
Course Fees: S$2,600 excluding GST
Business Analytics courses at Nanyang Technological University will be the best choice to join. It offers a unique curriculum shaped through engagement with leading industry partners to reflect their needs and problems.
You can log in to their official website and create an account for free to get notifications more about the course details. Studying business analytics courses can change your career journey after enrolling for a Business Analytics course.
- Designing and Developing a Database
- Analytics 1: Visuals and predictive analysis
- Analytics 2: Advanced predictive Techniques
- Programming for Business Transformation
- Service Operations Management
- Service chain Analytics
- Financial service processes & Analytics
- Lean Operations & Analytics
- Business Analytics Consulting
- Decision modeling & Analysis
- Learn to draw interference from data using appropriate tools
- Convert data into insightful information
- Embed business analytics into a corporate strategy to enhance growth & profits
- Gaining practical knowledge on how to build and leverage a business team
- Understand the process of developing a business analytics case
- Learn to investigate operational data and apply business analytics using real-life business data
- Learn to ask the right questions and to draw inferences from data using appropriate tools
Who should attend?
This program is designed to meet the needs of middle to senior-level employees who are not business analytics specialists but work closely with decision making which profits the organization. The program benefits candidates from all backgrounds and industries which need analysts.
Normal participants are managers who are currently responsible or will be responsible for managing a functional area or department including those with roles in different departments like operations, marketing, human resource, staffing, training, etc.
Business analytics courses in Singapore are emerging as a must position in each industry as Singapore has been considered to be one of the best educational hubs.
Top Companies hiring Business Analysts Graduates
- Schneider Electric Singapore Pte Ltd
- Singapore Telecommunications Ltd
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp Limited
- DBS Bank Limited
- Accenture Pte Limited
- Defence Science &Technology Agency
Salary ranges from $50,000 /annum for freshers.
As they start gaining experience their salary range differs and can obtain good positions.
3. National University of Singapore – Business School
For more than 50 years, it is an educational part of the island city able to reproduce the wisdom of business knowledge shared with students and its generations which helped Singapore today. Being one of the business and management studies centers for everyone who meets the basic criteria kept getting you admitted to the National University of Singapore. Founded in the same year when Singapore gained Independence, NUS Business School stands today among the world’s leading business schools.
Course: M.Sc. Business Analytics
Duration: Full-time (13 months) /Part-time (2 years)
Tuition Fees :
- NUS Alumini : S$ 55,250
- Singaporean & PR: S$ 58,500
- International: S$ 65,000
- The NUS MSBA is a 44 -modular credit (MC) coursework based on a Master’s Degree comprising of:
- Core/essentials ( 20 MCs)
- Elective Module ( 12 MCs)
|Module Code||Module Title||MCs|
|DBA5101||Analytics in Managerial Economics||4|
|BT5110||Data Management & Warehousing||4|
|DBA5103||Operations research and Analysts||4|
|DBA5106||Foundation in Business Analytics|
|BT5151||Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning||4|
University is offering different Master’s courses in Business and Management. The business is a base of mind and game where business analysts take on the role of different Industries. The learning and real case study situations come close to you and help to realize what is wrong and how the techniques mentioned can be applied.
- M.Sc. Accounting
- M.Sc. Finance
- M.Sc. Human Capital Management and Analytics
- M.Sc. Management
- M.Sc. Business Analytics
M.Sc. in Business Analytics courses in Singapore are for young working adults and experienced professionals who require the skillset and knowledge to understand business analytics.
- Business Analytics Courses in Melbourne
- Business Analytics Courses in Malaysia
- Business Analytics Courses in Doha
- Business Analytics Courses in Amsterdam
- Business Analytics Courses in Vietnam
- Business Analytics Courses in Germany
4. Harvard Business School (Online)
Their business analytics course help demystifies data & strengthen your analytical skills. Beginning with basic descriptive statistics and progression to learning business analytics. Learning excel tools and applying quantitative methods to solve real-life problems from performing A/B texting on websites to using sample checks will be covered.
What you will learn
- Interpret data to inform business decisions
- Recognize trends, detect outliers, and summarize a set of data
- Analyze the relationship between variables
- Developing and testing the hypothesis
- Implementing regression analysis and other analytic techniques in Excel
Course: Business Analytics
Course duration: 8 weeks
Course fees: $ 1750 plus (Paid /Unpaid Internship)
Business analytics introduce quantitative methods used to analyze data and take better decisions. This course more focuses on understanding key concepts, managerial judgment, and the ability to apply concepts to real business problems.
Learning requirement: Candidates should thoughtfully participate and complete all 5 modules including satisfactory completion of associated quizzes within course deadlines to earn a Certificate in Business Analytics.
Module 1: Describing and summarizing data
- Recognize trends in data and detect outliers
- Summarizing data sets
- Analyze the relationship between variables
- Creating a visual representation of data in Excel
- Descriptive analysis – definition and calculation
- Calculating the correlation coefficient
Module 2: Sampling and Estimation
- Creating samples from data
- Sound survey questions
- Calculate sample statistics and apply normal distribution
- Calculate confidence intervals to estimate accuracy
- Case Study – Amazon
Module 3: Hypothesis Testing
- Hypothetical results to take management decisions
- Develop and test the hypothesis in excel
- Interpreting results
- Case study – amazon
Module 4: Single variable linear Regression
- Analyze the relationship between two variables and develop forecast values
- Identify a set of data and interpret the equation through analysis
- Perform a regression analysis
- Case study – Walt Disney Studios
Module 5: Multiple Regression
- Identify the relationship among three or more variables to improve data
- Estimate the relative predictive power of different variables
- Interpreting multiple regression analysis using excel
- Expanding the range of your analysis using a dummy and lagged variables
Harvard business school online offers business analytics courses that help students to get real-time experience working with industry experts. They also offer real case studies which were solved with the help of business analytic tools. They also help to get internships after course completion which adds value to your certification. This increases the chance of getting hired by big organizations.
5. NTU – Bachelor of Business, Business Analytics Specialization
- One of the top business analytics courses in Singapore and the best business school in Asia.
- 3-year honors degree
- Curriculum: Business insights, data modeling, data management, and focusing on business operations.
- Specializations start from 2nd year
- Tuition Fees per annum
- Citizens on MoE TG (Tuition Grant): S$9,400
- Citizens with PR on MoE TG: S$ 13,200
- International Students on MoETG: S$20,100
- Students not on MoETG: S$36,830
- Introduction to Analysis
- Issues in database management
- Data Visualization and Reporting
- Big Data Analytics and Data Mining
- Marketing Management and Analytics
- Financial decision modeling
- Business analytics strategy
- Capstone in Business Analytics
- Complete learning of Business analytics with real case studies
- Hands-on practical experience with Excel functions and tools
- Using industry-leading tools to build your skills
- Learning from industry experts
Types of Business Analytics Techniques
Business Analytics techniques can be divided into the following four ways:
- Descriptive Analysis: This technique describes the past or present situation of the organization’s activities.
- Diagnostic Analysis: This helps to discover factors or reasons for past or current performances.
- Predictive Analysis: This technique predicts figures and results with the help of business analytical tools.
- Prescriptive Analysis: This method recommends specific solutions for business to drive their growth forward.
Developing an analytic mindset and driving value with a multidisciplinary approach to data analysis. Learning their Business analytics courses in Singapore is a great way to boost your professional relevance.
6. National University of Singapore
- Course: Sc in Business Analytics
- 4-year honors business analytics course in Singapore.
- Additional courses will be taught by the Business school, Faculty of Engineering, and other departments.
- Subjects: Mathematics, statistics, accounting, marketing, economics, decision making, computer science, and technological study of programming languages used for Business Analysis.
- Year 3&4: Electives such as logistics, retailing, and healthcare.
Per annum tuition fees for Business Analytics Course in Singapore
- Citizens on MoE TG (Tuition Grant): S$8,200
- Citizens with PR on MoE TG: S$ 11,500
- International Students on MoETG: S$17,550
- Students not on MoETG: S$38,200
Some of the universities provide overseas student exchange program which gives a selection of other places where you can go and explore the new learnings along with your course time of Business Analytics courses in Singapore. Universities offer part-time and full-time courses which will help international students to work in hand to have savings to explore Singapore along with Business Analytics.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do companies expect from Business analysts in Singapore?
Companies typically in Singapore seek business analysts, with wide experience in financial management, data flow analysis, and project management. Business analytics courses in Singapore cover different types of analysis required for different types of business. Hiring managers always check on the candidate having good equipped excel knowledge, data mining, and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
- Responsibilities would be assisting in planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Support the business system with a strong framework.
- Data reporting and data management system.
- Effective communication with all levels of management.
- Organizing and format distribution for data management systems.
2. Having previous work experience related to Business Analysts is an added advantage or not?
It is an added feather to your career as your baby step. You as a professional will be able to choose the course and specialization in the Business analysis curriculum which will help you for a bright future in the field of analytics.
3. Is knowledge of Coding required for Business Analytics?
Yes. Different software has been used to learn and study big data related to organizations. Python is the main coding language used in Business Analytics and can be learned with the course while you are dealing with real-time case studies and illustrations related to business. The business analytics courses in Singapore cover all the modules related to business analytics.
4. What are the career prospects for MSBA graduates in Singapore?
As an IT hub, Singapore has both infrastructure, technology, and economic landscape to support businesses with required data. Hence the demand for Business analytics courses in Singapore has gained importance over recent years.
5. What are the job prospects for a Business Analyst in Singapore?
Completing Business analytics courses will help you to enter the field of business analytics and consultancy in small, medium, or large organizations across the globe.
- Marketing Analyst
MA helps an organization in cost reduction and increases company revenues by evaluating historical data and information. He/she has problem-solving and analytic skills to become a Management Analyst.
- Operation Research Analyst
ORA helps a company to resolve complex operations after a thorough study of all the parameters related to business operations. It helps to give a solution through mathematical analytic techniques.
- Marketing Analysts
Marketing analysts is the one who thoroughly studies the market segments and does market research. They use analytics to predict or forecast consumer behavior.
- Data Scientist
They use the combined skill of mathematics, being a computer scientist. Data analysts know well about the software tools used in business analysis to improve company growth and standards.
- Strong knowledge of coding language
- Good in statistics and data visualization
- Machine learning
- Pattern recognition
- Data Engineer
Other types of jobs are involved in the industry per the needs of each field. Like Data administrator, Big Data Engineer, and Data Architect.
There are different roles of business analysts in Banking and securities sectors, healthcare, Hospitality, Education, Entertainment, communication and media, sports, and information technology.
Learn the best skill with the help of scholarship aids from the Government of Singapore for International students based on candidate scorecards from a developing island city with modern technology and all facilities for a better standard of living in a foreign land. Learning a Business analytics course in Singapore can help you to experience the business industry more closely with real case examples and real-time internships offered by Organisations more efficiently. Business analytics courses in Singapore provide degree courses or master’s in business analytics. Even some private colleges are providing diploma certificate courses for business analysts.